BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Lighthouse for the Blind where I work has a contract to warehouse and distribute textiles for the Air Force.

I wonder if we are going to see these in the future.
View Quote
"You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Multicam is the perfect space camo
View Quote
And to think they could have opted for cool shimmering starry bra's.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
MACO uniform from Enterprise looked pretty cool.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Needs more Spaceoflage.

http://i.rocdn.com/v2/13472969
View Quote
Much better!!

Nomex for everyone!
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely no need for multicam in space.  Not like there's a lot of dirt and bushes and leaves out there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I was hoping they would steal marpat.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why do people that work inside need camo to begin with?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was some good looking space camo on one of the Expanse episodes.  Multicam is so terrestrial.
Why do people that work inside need camo to begin with?
Less need to go home and change when you spill ramen on your shirt.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Honestly, I don't really care.  Nobody in space is going to see it (they will be on ships OR on earth commanding unmanned craft).

They just need a uniform.  But people are delusional if they think that a uniform like this will ever be seen "in space" by the enemy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't care what it looks like so long as a U.S. Space Force O-1 is officially ranked a "Space Cadet."
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Multicam black with silver thread name tape and patches. Tailored obviously. Shined black boots and a fitted ball cap for a cover.

Needs issued Oakley aviators and an Omega Speedmaster as well.

And every position should be airborne coded.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How are you going find sailors that fall out the air lock in that though?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs more Spaceoflage.

http://i.rocdn.com/v2/13472969
How are you going find sailors that fall out the air lock in that though?
Sailors? The Air Force is running the show, not faggots. They're Spacers.

You let the sailors flying dutchman and take their gay ass ideas of Navy fag ranks with them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm so excited about Space Force. I think it's really cool, even if it's just satellites and internet stuff not space shuttle door gunners.

I kinda want to join.

Sgt W.T. Cat US Space Force.

How cool would it be to be in the Space Force?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
they need to knock the air force faggotry out of the space force before it takes hold
View Quote
Lighten up Francis, we don't need penii drawn all over everything.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#15]
C'mon, it's already be worked out already:

Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
they need to knock the air force faggotry out of the space force before it takes hold
View Quote
Air Force 2.0, they'll end up contracting all the transport and recon ships while focusing on building a badass starfighter to counter enemies that haven't even left their own atmosphere.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am thinking Multi Cam is not real useful in space.
View Quote
You're right. Everyone in the space force should be required to wear a space suit at all times, including PT.

Or spend 100 billion to develop a pattern like Multicam Black but slightly different so they don't have to license the pattern from Crye.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Multicam is the perfect space camo
View Quote
Hides the green alien blood...
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's a no-win situation.

If we use existing camo uniforms, then everyone will predictably mock the whole "camo in space" thing

If we had developed a new uniform, then everyone will predictably complain about the "waste" of money, since we already have a ton of uniforms in the logistics pipeline.

... that said, I think they should have gone with whatever corresponding uniform the Navy uses.  Save the camo for the Space Marines.
View Quote
Logic........in GD.......
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's a no-win situation.

If we use existing camo uniforms, then everyone will predictably mock the whole "camo in space" thing

If we had developed a new uniform, then everyone will predictably complain about the "waste" of money, since we already have a ton of uniforms in the logistics pipeline.
View Quote
In all seriousness, this is the answer.

But we can mock the camp in space anyway.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's a no-win situation.

... that said, I think they should have gone with whatever corresponding uniform the Navy uses.  Save the camo for the Space Marines.
View Quote
But the space marines will just be marines. You think USMC will be satisfied with a separate Space Marines branch? Nah, the Earth USMC is gonna want to smash stuff in space too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Personally I'm not surprised that they just slapped a new name tape on existing uniforms.  I think they should go with something non cammo
View Quote
I don't want to buy new uniforms when I've got multiple nearly new sets of OCP ACUs, so I'm in favor of this decision.

Most people wearing camo won't find themselves in a position where they really need it, even in the Army.  I could have worn hunter orange in Iraq and wouldn't have stood out any more than I did wearing UCP FRACUs and armor and driving around in an MRAP to go fix bridges.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah but where do you put the light saber???
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I was thinking more like the Lost in Space from Netflix uniforms.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I was hoping for black multicam.

Well never gonna join now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's a no-win situation.

View Quote
The Navy guys who were with us on my last Army deployment (we were all fobbits) wore OEFCP FRACUs, same as us.  So did the Air Force.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#32]
My new morale patch coming
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Attachment Attached File

MIKE DROP
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm so excited about Space Force. I think it's really cool, even if it's just satellites and internet stuff not space shuttle door gunners.

I kinda want to join.

Sgt W.T. Cat US Space Force.

How cool would it be to be in the Space Force?
View Quote
Right now it's just the same as the Airfare Force.  I'm a civilian member of AF Space command we changed our designation from sops to SPOC. Lol was kinda hoping for more structural changes
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The argument can be made that the marines are just an army, so why does the Navy have one?  The air force doesn't have their own army.  They just move the regular army around on their airplanes when necessary, and the navy could just move the regular army around on their ships.

So - to my mind - the very existence of the Marines as a subset of the Navy sort of argues FOR the creation of Space Marines, not against them.
View Quote
There are soldiers trained to deploy from planes, it just that the Army has them.  The Navy department has Marines trained and equipped to deploy from the sea.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Shot and a miss...

Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#39]
This is what I think it should be:

Instead of marching it would be the moon walk.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lame and fail.

The Dress Uniform should look like Space Nazis and the camo should be space woodland and like they have weird bizarre white power armor.

Does no one at the pentagon watch Gundam, Legend of Galactic Heroes, Star Wars, Robotech, or play Halo?
View Quote
I don't think "white power" armor would go over very well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I think MultiCam in a moon grey would be badass...
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am thinking Multi Cam is not real useful in space.
View Quote
Who says anyone is going to space?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My point is that if the army can train soldiers to deploy from planes operated by the Air Force (i.e. airborne infantry), then they can train soldiers to deploy from ships (i.e. marine infantry).    There is no reason for the Navy to have their own marine infantry force (instead of just ferrying around Army soldiers trained as marine infantry), but they do.  I'm just saying that the very existence of the Marines as subordinate to the Navy emphasizes the point that each branch can have their own "type" of infantry, and so there's no reason for Space Force to borrow Marines from the Navy, when they could just as easily have their own (or maybe borrow Airborne Infantry from the army) - whether they are called "Space Marines" or "Space Infantry" or whatever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The argument can be made that the marines are just an army, so why does the Navy have one?  The air force doesn't have their own army.  They just move the regular army around on their airplanes when necessary, and the navy could just move the regular army around on their ships.

So - to my mind - the very existence of the Marines as a subset of the Navy sort of argues FOR the creation of Space Marines, not against them.
There are soldiers trained to deploy from planes, it just that the Army has them.  The Navy department has Marines trained and equipped to deploy from the sea.
My point is that if the army can train soldiers to deploy from planes operated by the Air Force (i.e. airborne infantry), then they can train soldiers to deploy from ships (i.e. marine infantry).    There is no reason for the Navy to have their own marine infantry force (instead of just ferrying around Army soldiers trained as marine infantry), but they do.  I'm just saying that the very existence of the Marines as subordinate to the Navy emphasizes the point that each branch can have their own "type" of infantry, and so there's no reason for Space Force to borrow Marines from the Navy, when they could just as easily have their own (or maybe borrow Airborne Infantry from the army) - whether they are called "Space Marines" or "Space Infantry" or whatever.
Logic can't argue that.  Disband the Marine Corps, SEALS, AFSOC etc. to the army.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Need to see the hat
But definitely could be cooler

Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So where do we sign up to join the Mobile Infantry?
View Quote
For the everlasting glory.......
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Needs be more like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecS7033YaDE
View Quote
Damn, she's 70 years old now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#48]
What do they do?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What do they do?
View Quote
The same things they did when space things were just part of things the Air Force already does, but now with more overhead spending and bureaucracy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top