Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love him or hate him, this is one of the most amazing commercials for a car product ever created by accident.

Dang, I thought I could embed the video with a specified start time. Guess not.

Start watching at 13:17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d2moH6jWh8
View Quote

I'm not a fan but did you watch what he did with that G wagon?
The way it climed the mountain on those low profile tires was incredible.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm not a fan but did you watch what he did with that G wagon?
The way it climed the mountain on those low profile tires was incredible.
View Quote
I just watched the Hilux videos yesterday.

What he put that Hilux through in the first 3 videos and it just kept going without missing a beat was nothing short of impressive.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Just saw it on the youtube feed and had to watch it.

So he is going to rebuild killdozer.

I am really surprised that it has taken someone this long to do it. I would have figured someone else would have already done it by now.

I'm guessing from what I read, that the exact model bulldozer is kinda rare these days. That might be why it has not been done.

So has anyone here actually listened to all of his taps/rants? (Marvin, not WD)
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am really surprised that it has taken someone this long to do it. I would have figured someone else would have already done it by now.

I'm guessing from what I read, that the exact model bulldozer is kinda rare these days. That might be why it has not been done.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I would love to find a place to download them all without copyright/DRM
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That was actually a pretty good video.  He casually interviews a number of people in the town and gets some personal stories and opinions.  All done without acting like a jackass.

Seems like a nice friendly town.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#7]
No one is at the concrete plant-  "Let's come back on June 4th"  
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That was actually a pretty good video.  He casually interviews a number of people in the town and gets some personal stories and opinions.  All done without acting like a jackass.

View Quote

I was surprised at how chill they were about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah hell. wrong thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Found this part interesting:

"It was Heemeyer who instigated the entire event because he failed to sell his property off at inflated prices to his neighbors, prompting his anger," Brower said."

That's not exactly painting a good picture. Why was he forced to sell his property off to his neighbors?

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I think that was one of his best videos he has ever made. He dropped his normal video persona and delivered an excellent 20 min clip.

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"It was Heemeyer who instigated the entire event because he failed to sell his property off at inflated prices to his neighbors, prompting his anger," Brower said."

That's not exactly painting a good picture. Why was he forced to sell his property off to his neighbors?

View Quote

The city forced him to get connected to the sewer, The owners of the cement company next to him were big in the local government, would not let him get easement through their property for this, requiring him to pay a shit ton to have ran a long ways instead. Or atleast thats what i recall from watching Tread a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#14]
The new wd video is legit
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#15]
After watching the new video, is he maybe building Killdozer 2.0 to teach that town a lesson that was pushing the reckless driving charges with a jet ski?

At the end of the video: only you can form your own opinion on Marvin and the town of Granby.
But there’s a reason so many people Idolize Marvin, and that’s why I’m doing this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not always entertained by his antics but more often than not I am.  I'm very interested in this episode
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Well done WD

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a fucking idiot?
View Quote

idk, I never heard of him lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:18:50 AM EDT
[#20]

I have a hard time believing that guy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The city forced him to get connected to the sewer, The owners of the cement company next to him were big in the local government, would not let him get easement through their property for this, requiring him to pay a shit ton to have ran a long ways instead. Or atleast thats what i recall from watching Tread a few years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's what I remember as well.  Basically, sucks to be you buddy, but you're either selling or going the long way and paying for it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I like WD and I hope that this project turns out well for him. Maybe just keep it out of Granby after it's finished.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#23]
The guy seems like a spoiled rich kid (because he is).....but he does come up with some pretty interesting and unique ideas.    
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Following.

Best history show on the Killdozer so far.

LOL
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The guy seems like a spoiled rich kid (because he is).....but he does come up with some pretty interesting and unique ideas.    
View Quote

I am fairly certain he has built up him empire via youtube.  His original videos were low budget.

Him doing this killdozer series is fucking awesome though.  I wonder how much of this was spurred on by his legal battles over the jet ski incident.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I am fairly certain he has built up him empire via youtube.  His original videos were low budget.

Him doing this killdozer series is fucking awesome though.  I wonder how much of this was spurred on by his legal battles over the jet ski incident.
View Quote

Did he ever get that cleared up, or still ongoing ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he got it dismissed and the people involved tucked tail.  He used his social media presence to make it all transparent and it wasnt a good look.  Plus he had a legit lawyer that he spent a ton of money on.  His updates were mixed in with his videos so there isnt a single place to get all the updates.  One of the things he constantly mentioned was the money he was spending to fight it all and that reg people would get screwed.

He acts like a dumbass in the videos, but that is his character that he plays (and plays well).  But it is obvious that he isnt dumb and I really think that hole incident had an impact on his view of things.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#29]
I'd love to see the venn diagram of:

"Boomers Who Watched Top Gear"

"Boomers Who Hate Whistlin Diesel"

I'd imagine it's a just one circle with "hypocrisy" or "quit liking what I don't like" written inside.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#30]
This will be an interesting thread, and youtube series. In for the popcorn.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#31]
neat
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have a hard time believing that guy.
View All Quotes

The whole "article" is emotionally written and the guy just keeps saying "fake new" 11 times. He never really provides any factual argument.  I dont idolize Heeymeyer but Brower seems to downplay the good old boy shit that was obviously going on with regards to all this.  I am actually interested to read the book to both see what is in it and see the perspective it is written from. Brower seems openly biased.

After watching the video, WD did an awesome job.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The whole "article" is emotionally written and the guy just keeps saying "fake new" 11 times. He never really provides any factual argument.  I dont idolize Heeymeyer but Brower seems to downplay the good old boy shit that was obviously going on with regards to all this.  I am actually interested to read the book to both see what is in it and see the perspective it is written from. Brower seems openly biased.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Brower was the editor and publisher of Sky Hi news in Granby so I wouldn't say he is an unbiased source.

The Docheffs and the other established business owners who also either sat on the town council or had a lot of influence with members of the council are what caused the issue. Marv wasn't a saint either, but they were absolutely trying to screw him over once Marv exposed the good old buy stuff with the very public fight over the land and concrete plant. The Docheffs put the final nail in by not allowing Marv to run a sewer line (city council decided it was required surprise surprise) across their concrete plant that Marv fought being there for so long, and essentially forced him to either sell his business and building at a big loss to Docheff or run a sewer line so long that he couldn't afford it. They thought they had finally won and had forced Marv out of town for good.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone have a short summary of the jet ski thing?

Also, didnt WD have issues with eye surgery or something? Could that have inspired the killdozer?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone have a short summary of the jet ski thing?

Also, didnt WD have issues with eye surgery or something? Could that have inspired the killdozer?
View Quote

@TaylorSwiftsCat

IIRC

Off duty cop said WD and his buddy got too close to each other on jet skis , . Got pissed and called his game warden buddy to come ticket him

The law was something like 100ft apart , and cop testified he could estimate  they were like 75ft apart while watching from something like 1/2 mile away .

Prosecuter saw and opportunity to make his bones did a bunch of lawfare shenanigans to run up the bill and inconvenience by making him appear in court multipletimes 100s of miles from home , then  offered a deal where WD would make some PSAs .

WD said cop was full of shit and fought it to the time of like $18k in expenses
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He's a guy with money that takes rare or collectable vehicles and destroys them for clicks.

Like a Toyota HiLux or Nissan Skyline and just treats them like it's Dukes of Hazzard.

He's the equivalent of someone buying a Singer 1911 or a some transferable M16 Vietnam bring-back, then throwing it down a cliff, then dragging it behind a car on the road, and at the end, stuffing the barrel to purposely make it go kaboom.

Hilarious, right?

Firearm people would say "Dude, if you're going destroy a rare M16 or 1911, why not instead just destroy a $300 PSA or a $350 Tisa instead? Something that's readily available and not collectable?"

Just the same as car people thinking "Dude, if you're going destroy a collectable Hi Lux or Skyline, why not just instead destroy a newer Toyota pick-up or Nissan 350Z? Something that's readily available and not collectable?"

But he won't get the same amount of views if he's not purposely trolling by destroying items that people enjoy.

It's what 12 years old think is the pinnacle of comedy. The teenage "ArEn'T YoU TriGGeRed?" comedy.

And if you disagree with him trashing collectable stuff, you're a hater, poor, hate freedom, living rent free, you're triggered, or some other 12 year old insult.
View Quote
That sums it all up quite succinctly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
I think that was one of his best videos he has ever made. He dropped his normal video persona and delivered an excellent 20 min clip.

View Quote
yeah, he was polite and reassuring and didn't act like a jackass
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#38]
It sounds to me like this newspaper guy, who also wrote the book, has and had a major agenda in all this, then and now.   Perhaps exactly the sort of agenda that drove Marvin to do it.   After all, the newspaper guy was one of the main targets for the revenge.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'd imagine it's a just one circle with "hypocrisy" or "quit liking what I don't like" written inside.
View Quote
Here we go again with the clowns with no class or upbringing who trot out the stupid, and totally irrelevant, "boomer" shit for anything they disagree with.    
Worse than liberals., and about as rational.   Nowhere in this thread is there anything about age groups until lowlifes bring it up to compensate for their many life's failings.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:18:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Of course he's openly biased.   He and his open bias are part of what drove Marvin to do it in the first place.   He's just continuing, and trying to justify, what he did 20+ years ago.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It sounds to me like this newspaper guy, who also wrote the book, has and had a major agenda in all this, then and now.   Perhaps exactly the sort of agenda that drove Marvin to do it.   After all, the newspaper guy was one of the main targets for the revenge.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The massive difference is the guys on Top Gear are true car enthusiasts.

They've been writing for car magazines, owning enthusiasts cars, and doing the show longer than Whistlin Dixie has been alive.

Yes, they've destroyed a few cars but it was often decades ago when specific models were not in such high demand.

People forget that you could buy a mid-70s Porsche 911 for $8500 just 25 years ago.

Where as Whistlin Dixie's ENTIRE shtick is destroying cars or trolling for views.

It's apples and oranges comparing the two.

Can't wait for him to start buying rare firearms and purposely make them go kaboom for the lolz...
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:44:31 AM EDT
[#43]
He's introducing killdozer to a whole new audience. What's not to like?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:12:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

He actually was not. His dad or grandfather was a farmer and at least for a while his dad was in construction. His early videos are 1 go pro and his basically doing everything .
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They've been writing for car magazines, owning enthusiasts cars, and doing the show longer than Whistlin Dixie has been alive.

Yes, they've destroyed a few cars but it was often decades ago when specific models were not in such high demand.

People forget that you could buy a mid-70s Porsche 911 for $8500 just 25 years ago.

Where as Whistlin Dixie's ENTIRE shtick is destroying cars or trolling for views.

Can't wait for him to start buying rare firearms and purposely make them go kaboom for the lolz...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me either. That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I feel that way as well. I feel the same about all "youtubers" with low IQ's making profit off being dumb.
View Quote

So your call YouTubers low IQ? It seems to me they are pretty smart because their are lots making millions.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not caring about idiot youtubers making money off doing dumb shit isn't about jealousy. It's about the degregation of society as a whole.

It's almost as if there is a movie predicting this state for our futures... hmm....

https://media.tenor.com/yKhZkO4m1hAAAAAM/idiocracy-idiocracy-costco.gif

View Quote
The word you're looking for is degradation.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think he got it dismissed and the people involved tucked tail.  He used his social media presence to make it all transparent and it wasnt a good look.  Plus he had a legit lawyer that he spent a ton of money on.  His updates were mixed in with his videos so there isnt a single place to get all the updates.  One of the things he constantly mentioned was the money he was spending to fight it all and that reg people would get screwed.

He acts like a dumbass in the videos, but that is his character that he plays (and plays well).  But it is obvious that he isnt dumb and I really think that hole incident had an impact on his view of things.
View Quote

Do you know him personally? How to you know he not a dumbass? I'm not saying he hasn't earned his money, but unless you know the guy I think you're assessment is off. Either way his success is definitely a sign of how far our country has fallen. I lump him in with the rest of social media influencer he just doesn't have to show his butthole.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top