Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 11/9/2022 11:57:56 AM EDT
Stop playing around.

Do your best to PROVE that the losses of seats caused what you think is bad from the midterms.

Find the magic sentence in the english language that links the following two sentences and forces people to link them.

"roe v wade was overturned"

"Therefore we did badly in the midterms"

Do what the politicians and left never do: Answer the elementary school level question - without assuming, appealing to feelings, or screaming to the skies at how scotus was bad man to knock down roe.

Nail it to the wall.

See if you can make those legos fit.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at most women's social media and say the two arent linked with a straight face
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Today is the day that everyone in the entire country forces their own views onto the election results. It largely boils down to 'if only people had listened to ME'.

Not saying I haven't been or won't be guilty of it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]
But if we just allow murder to happen then we will win!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a factor in the loss.

The ruling, while correct, gave the Media a perfect propaganda tool.

Self inflicted injury.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Pro-gun people - I need you to get into heated arguments with each other. And....go".
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it was a big part.  People don’t like being told what they can/can’t do, even if it’s a choice or situation they’re unlikely to participate in themselves.

My wife leans mostly right.  She was going to vote for a whole bunch of blue candidates yesterday… but couldn’t find her license so she could vote… too bad, such a shame.

Point is, I don’t have a big circle of friends and I know a bunch that were pissed about the Roe v. Wade thing.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Stop playing around.

Do your best to PROVE that the losses of seats caused what you think is bad from the midterms.

Find the magic sentence in the english language that links the following two sentences and forces people to link them.

Do what the politicians and left never do: Answer the elementary school level question - without assuming, appealing to feelings, or screaming to the skies at how scotus was bad man to knock down roe.

Nail it to the wall.

View Quote

First up: Timing is incredibly suspect. They released the verdict at (what we now know was) the worst possible time for the elections.

Second: Out of freaking nowhere, mind you. After judge after Supreme Court judge candidate went before the confirmation committees and had to swear to high heaven that RvW was ”settled law” and they would not entertain any discussion on it.

Third: Every Dem I’m aware of ran on it. MI got screwed because of it (that and our damnable open primaries). The message was “if you vote for a republican, your children will be taken from you and you will be powerless”.

The legos fit in disturbing fashion.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#10]
it was the right thing to overturn roe

it pissed off a lot of women.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#11]
That's great! You can kill your baby since you won't be able to feed it anyways! Wow!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Look at most women's social media and say the two arent linked with a straight face
View Quote

Cmon arf.

This is a literal case of put the child's tools down and pull on the big boy pants.

Take the two sentences given in op and put the sentence in between them that forces people to link the one causally to the other.

I didn't start the thread to see a bunch of arf's version of DU weaksauce.

The big dogs need to get off the porch for this one.

If there's a logician on arf, come on down.

Someone ante.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I never saw a single attack ad here that did not attack the Republican candidate for her stance on abortion. That was the sole message.

Exit polls revealed that "abortion" was the number one issue that motivated voters, second only to "the economy."

Republican contender lost by less than 10K votes.

Now I will brace for someone to call me pro-abortion for just neutrally stating three facts.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Dupe and worthless fucking troll thread.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"Pro-gun people - I need you to get into heated arguments with each other. And....go".
View Quote

@Subnet.

It's already happening, seen this in multiple threads.

If it weren't, I would have never started the thread.

The broken bone needs to be set.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Republicans fight with each other and Dems fight together

Law is not good in one state the Republicans say "Most to a free state"

Dems will burn that state down to the ground to change the law
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It certainly seems to have an effect.  The margins are pretty small in some places. To say it has not had an impact is a lie, period. Was it the main issue that stopped the red wave? Who knows at this point. But it certainly had an impact with white suburban women who are the largest group of swing voters.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Val Demmings in Florida ran non stop ads regarding abortion rights.

Rubio won with the same margin that DeSantis had.

Anti woke. Anti woke. Anti woke.  That brings out the base and the moderates.  The economy is important, but it's not going to excite a voting block like God, guns, and family.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#19]
OP, what did Democrat candidates run on this election cycle?  Just answer that question.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Cmon arf.

This is a literal case of put the child's tools down and pull on the big boy pants.

Take the two given and put the sentence in betweeen them that forces people to link the one causally to the other.

I didn't start the thread to see a bunch of arf's version of DU weaksauce.

The big dogs need to get off the porch for this one.

If there's a logician on arf, come on down.

Someone ante.
View Quote

the problem here is that you think the majority of the electorate votes on logic or reason.
We are all stupid emotional apes. Be it diet, finance, politics or a host of other issues most people will make illogical choices based on emotion and dopamine.

There are people who make a lot of logical choices but even they fall victim to emotion over reason in some area of their lives.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone who claims to be pro-Constitution and the way our Constitutional Republic is intended to be governed, AND, cries like a bitch about Roe v. Wade being overturned, is a complete and utter idiot.

Regardless on how you feel about abortion, there is no Constitutional right to one, which delegates it back to the States, as intended.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It is a factor in the loss.

The ruling, while correct, gave the Media a perfect propaganda tool.

Self inflicted injury.
View Quote

Without question. It was the correct decision, no doubt, but the timing was absolutely horrible.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#24]
They've already ran polls of what matters most to dems and it was abortion. It definitely played a big part, much bigger than most thought.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Val Demmings in Florida ran non stop ads regarding abortion rights.

Rubio won with the same margin that DeSantis had.

Anti woke. Anti woke. Anti woke.  That brings out the base and the moderates.  The economy is important, but it's not going to excite a voting block like God, guns, and family.
View Quote

I kind of have to agree with this as well, it looks like wishy washy rhinos lost more than the more conservative wing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Are we really incompetent to supply one sentence?

What goes between those that causally links them.

Will any of you even TRY?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Record inflation, border crisis, empty store shelves, crime wave, and a president with an approval rating in the 30s%.

It should have been a red tidal wave, OP, but it wasn’t.

RvW hurt. Did it hurt a lot, or just some, I don’t know.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

I would say there are many reason why the "red wave" was dampened.   Abortion was definitely one of them.   The biggest rise in voter registration was young women.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#30]

And lots of women were interviewed on TV saying they were going to vote the abortion issue even though it wasn't an issue in this election

View Quote
Yup they are stupid and yes they vote.

I wish it wasn't true but I saw them answering the questions and thought WTF.

That was not the only reason but one of them.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#31]
When you win the court case, you lose.

-GD
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

First up: Timing is incredibly suspect. They released the verdict at (what we now know was) the worst possible time for the elections.

Second: Out of freaking nowhere, mind you. After judge after Supreme Court judge candidate went before the confirmation committees and had to swear to high heaven that RvW was ”settled law” and they would not entertain any discussion on it.

Third: Every Dem I’m aware of ran on it. MI got screwed because of it (that and our damnable open primaries). The message was “if you vote for a republican, your children will be taken from you and you will be powerless”.

The legos fit in disturbing fashion.
View Quote

we got a whole bunch of folks voting here because of the pot mandate, and seriously fucked this state up, same as the abortion mandate
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#33]
So people voted for murdering babies?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Results aren’t final, but in SW WA the democratic candidate for the house sole platform (as near as I can tell) was my opponent wants to kill your unborn babies.  

Currently she’s winning.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

"It pissed off suburban white women" is the sentence you are desperately searching for.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Young women in purple states had an emotional reaction and overwhelmingly turned out to oppose republicans.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Record inflation, border crisis, empty store shelves, crime wave, and a president with an approval rating in the 30s%.

It should have been a red tidal wave, OP, but it wasn’t.

RvW hurt. Did it hurt a lot, or just some, I don’t know.
View Quote

I whole heartedly agree with what you've said except on the roe thing, which I am reserving judgement on till I get more solid nuts and bolts on.

Of course I know that pro aborts were freaked about it.

None of this is the point of the thread.

People who say the midterms happened they way they happened because of the overturning of roe need to be able to answer the elementary school questions.

If they can't that should be made obvious to everyone.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Flashman can't troll, Flashman isn't living.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I'd wager if the Roe decision (and leak) hadn't happened until after the midterms had been settled, Rs would have done better.

I can't quantify that, but I'm pretty sure the "REPUBLICANS WANT TO CONTROL OUR BODIES!!" sentiment plays well to the left and women closer to the middle.

Here OP, I'll take a stab at it:

The democrats used it as a message to mostly women that the GOP wants to control their bodies, which a lot of women (left and center) buy into.

But again with my above statement... I'm SURE Roe had impact on the midterms, but it's not something I think I (or you, or anyone else here) can quantify accurately. Lots of people vote for stupid reasons. I don't think science has figured out a way to quantify stupidity, only the results thereof.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Democrats ran on how republicans want to ban all abortions. It worked.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I never saw a single attack ad here that did not attack the Republican candidate for her stance on abortion. That was the sole message.

Exit polls revealed that "abortion" was the number one issue the motivated voters, second only to "the economy."

Republican contender lost by less than 10K votes.

Now I will brace for someone to call me pro-abortion for just neutrally stating three facts.
View Quote

Yet a poll last week concluded abortion was at best the ninth most important issue.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop playing around.

And lots of women were interviewed on TV saying they were going to vote the abortion issue even though it wasn't an issue in this election

Nail it to the wall.

Finally, an attempt.

A failure, but it was at least an attempt.

Your sentence between does not force people to link the two.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Stop playing around.

Nail it to the wall.

View Quote

Millions of white suburban women who are so worried about their (and their daughter’s) “right” to murder unborn babies,  voted D this cycle, largely the same group of women who “could not” vote for Trump. Never mind that on every other policy issue they voted to totally fuck themselves (and the rest of us) over their feelings.  Republicans are fucked moving forward.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Roe v wade was overturned, which motivated liberal women to vote in the midterms at greater numbers than they otherwise would have, and caused some moderate leaning women to not vote for some GOP candidates in the numbers they otherwise would have, both of which had an effect on tight races. Combined with a host of other factors, we therefore did badly in the midterms.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anyone who claims to be pro-Constitution and the way our Constitutional Republic is intended to be governed, AND, cries like a bitch about Roe v. Wade being overturned, is a complete and utter idiot.

Regardless on how you feel about abortion, there is no Constitutional right to one, which delegates it back to the States, as intended.
View Quote

The ruling was correct, the timing, however was very very bad. It affected voters just enough to push a few Democrat candidates to a win, which is all they needed.

Timing can be everything.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
lol

"OMG the Republicans are going to take away your abortions" was literally the ENTIRE campaign of Democrats for this election.  

If you motivate the suburban housewives to vote - especially during the low-turnout midterms - then you will OWN the middle, and win races.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sacrificing babies.

Tanit/Baal Hammon/Moloch must be appeased.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So people voted for murdering babies?

Sacrificing babies.

Tanit/Baal Hammon/Moloch must be appeased.

yep
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top