Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Roe had very little to do with it.  Dems cheated again.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Pro-gun people - I need you to get into heated arguments with each other. And....go".

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"Pro-gun people - I need you to get into heated arguments with each other. And....go".

This.

Quoted:
Look at most women's social media and say the two arent linked with a straight face

And This.

It was a BIG FACTOR for the "Womens Vote" (who the O.P. must not understand are 50% of the Population... )

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

"It pissed off suburban white women" is the sentence you are desperately searching for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we really incompetent to supply one sentence?

"roe v wade was overturned"

"Therefore we did badly in the midterms"

What goes between those that causally links them.

Will any of you even TRY?

"It pissed off suburban white women" is the sentence you are desperately searching for.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Young women in purple states had an emotional reaction and overwhelmingly turned out to oppose republicans.

Keep batting.

If it's even possible, someone will get to the equivalent of

"all men are mortal"

socrates is a man

"socrates is mortal"

For this to work you have to have it make the conclusion unavoidable.

Memes work because they have the same sort of coercive force.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Finally, an attempt.

A failure, but it was at least an attempt.

Your sentence between does not force people to link the two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop playing around.

Do your best to PROVE that the losses of seats caused what you think is bad from the midterms.

Find the magic sentence in the english language that links the following two sentences and forces people to link them.

And lots of women were interviewed on TV saying they were going to vote the abortion issue even though it wasn't an issue in this election

Do what the politicians and left never do: Answer the elementary school level question - without assuming, appealing to feelings, or screaming to the skies at how scotus was bad man to knock down roe.

Nail it to the wall.

See if you can make those legos fit.
Yup they are stupid and yes they vote.

I wish it wasn't true but I saw them answering the questions and thought WTF.

Finally, an attempt.

Does not matter = it is what happened.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Another factor in the attack ads is not only were the Republican candidates pro-life, they were all extremely pro life and against even rape and incest. EVERY AD HAS SAID THIS LOUDLY AND REPEATEDLY.  I think moreso than just being pro-life, the no exception really made a difference with those not strongly on either side.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#6]
We need to loose in order to win!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yet a poll last week concluded abortion was at best the ninth most important issue.

View Quote

If 5% of voters that were independents or swing voters all voted the same way due to 1 issue it would swing most races in this country.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you so gifted with the power of autism that you cannot read the posts in your thread unless they conform to your Mad Libs?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
We lost because media all across the board is controlled by the left! And they know very well how to use it against us!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop playing around.

Do your best to PROVE that the losses of seats caused what you think is bad from the midterms.

Find the magic sentence in the english language that links the following two sentences and forces people to link them.

And lots of women were interviewed on TV saying they were going to vote the abortion issue even though it wasn't an issue in this election

Do what the politicians and left never do: Answer the elementary school level question - without assuming, appealing to feelings, or screaming to the skies at how scotus was bad man to knock down roe.

Nail it to the wall.

Yup they are stupid and yes they vote.

I wish it wasn't true but I saw them answering the questions and thought WTF.

Finally, an attempt.

Yes, it's what happened, but I don't want to put up with the REEEEEEEEEEEEEE  scream of  "this is all because of roe" as a constant stupid drumbeat.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Keep batting.

"all men are mortal"

socrates is a man

"socrates is mortal"

View Quote

Sometimes batters don't get hits because the pitcher sucks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So people voted for murdering babies?
View Quote

Yes

But they dont see it that way. They see it as having control over their bodies. Being able to abort due to a medical issue or perhaps rape, in most cases. Only the extreme left have a desire to run out abortions to the third trimester.

They heard horror stories about children that have been raped having to cross state boarders to abort the rape baby. Even if false thats the narrative they rolled with.

To put it in perspective its to them like a total gun ban would be to us

Most women flipped shit over it from what I saw and I think we saw it in the polls
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

None of this is the point of the thread.

People who say the midterms happened they way they happened because of the overturning of roe need to be able to answer the elementary school questions.

If they can't that should be made obvious to everyone.
View Quote

What questions? You want someone here to pose some question you can't even elucidate?

What answer are you looking for? I honestly can't understand what you want people to say?

Roe did in fact energize the left. There are other reasons Repubs didn't do better, not the least of which is the spineless McConnell and his feud with Trump.

Obviously there's just no way of knowing how many percentage points were attributable to Roe, therefore I think you're just flapping your gums and wanting someone to provide YOU with something that you can hold onto in your frustration and grief.

There is no "point" to your thread.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
First up: Timing is incredibly suspect. They released the verdict at (what we now know was) the worst possible time for the elections.

Second: Out of freaking nowhere, mind you. After judge after Supreme Court judge candidate went before the confirmation committees and had to swear to high heaven that RvW was ”settled law” and they would not entertain any discussion on it.

Third: Every Dem I’m aware of ran on it. MI got screwed because of it (that and our damnable open primaries). The message was “if you vote for a republican, your children will be taken from you and you will be powerless”.

The legos fit in disturbing fashion.
View Quote

All of this.  It's a card they've been holding for 40 years and this year when things looked bad was the time to play it.
"The entire country is unhappy with we the government: Drop the biggest division grenade"

And knowing what we should remember from 2020, it didn't actually need to change a single vote:
-Create a plausible reason for millions of new voters to come out (2020 everybody hates Trumps, 2022 everybody loves abortion)
-Stuff millions of ballots
-Conservatives pat themselves on the back for being so smart and connecting the two dots that you laid out in front of them
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]
fuck it.  let them abort.  fewer liberal parents raising liberal kids.  i hope they all have complications during the process as well
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes, it's what happened, but I don't want to put up with the REEEEEEEEEEEEEE  scream of  "this is all because of roe" as a constant stupid drumbeat.
View Quote

just smile and say it was worth it then
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#17]
DU was astonished more people werent worried about abortion vs the economy/gas/crime.
Our side is astonished they want the ability to abort unborn babies vs economy/gas/crime.

I have no skin in the argument just pointing this out.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Are you so gifted with the power of autism that you cannot read the posts in your thread unless they conform to your Mad Libs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny how arf can talk about the decline of testosterone, the decline of masculinity, discuss how you ought to keep your body in shape and train, and how males in particular shouldn't be controlled by their emotions - heck, we even get questions of what to use for coffee pots with no plastic and thus less/ no bpa/etc in them...

... and yet be so pathetically weak at lifting even the lightest weight mentally.

Any damn excuse to punk out if it requires thinking.

We have nuclear scientists and engineers and literal math wizards, guys who fab cars up in their garages, and yet on this?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#19]
My social media was over run the last week with people I know, mostly under 30 women but also over 30 women and a few lost man children all ranting about roe vs wade and women's choice and nazis.
I saw one from some celebrity "misha" he had millions of followers and it was in my stories for days over and over.  Once again conservatives hold the moral high ground but lose in the real world.
Our staff of 70 % college girls ALL had I voted stickers, there's no question who they voted for.

And for the it's Trumps fault people.   If you think they won't be as angry at DeSantis... he literally flew immigrants in a plane like Hitler did....
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Stop playing around.

Nail it to the wall.

View Quote

I don't think anyone is arguing that "roe" had no effect on the election or that the timing could have been better.
I think their argument is that no matter what, infanticide is grossly immoral and it was worth it
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep batting.

"all men are mortal"

socrates is a man

"socrates is mortal"

@Jeepsnguns81
Ok.

THe point of the question is to get the people who say the midterms happened because of roe to show how the two are linked without assumptions.

How do you ask it better?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Another factor in the attack ads is not only were the Republican candidates pro-life, they were all extremely pro life and against even rape and incest. EVERY AD HAS SAID THIS LOUDLY AND REPEATEDLY.  I think moreso than just being pro-life, the no exception really made a difference with those not strongly on either side.
View Quote

They really crucified Tudor Dixon with that one, and she kept digging her own hole.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Almost every single Democrat candidate campaign on this single issue, and you don't think it had an impact on the election. They were literally targeting young females with their message to get out more votes. The left would have had literally nothing to run on if the abortion bullshit hadn't come up.

Stop with the emotional "babies being killed" stuff. The vast vast majority of abortions are performed on babies who would be welfare and government t leaches their entire lives. We should be encouraging the left to have abortions.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What questions? You want someone here to pose some question you can't even elucidate?
View Quote

This is the question:

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Funny how arf can talk about the decline of testosterone, the decline of masculinity, discuss how you ought to keep your body in shape and train, and how males in particular shouldn't be controlled by their emotions - heck, we even get questions of what to use for coffee pots with no plastic and thus less/ no bpa/etc in them...

... and yet be so pathetically weak at lifting even the lightest weight mentally.

We have nuclear scientists and engineers and literal math wizards, guys who fab cars up in their garages, and yet on this?
View Quote

it's because the world doesn't work in your fucking neat little box and elections aren't a simple a+b=c or if x then y. Elections are a complicated mess of venn diagrams, with sliding scales therein coupled with emotions, tribalism and dopamine.

You might be fucking retarded if you think roe didn't play a factor.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think it was a big part.  People don’t like being told what they can/can’t do, even if it’s a choice or situation they’re unlikely to participate in themselves.

My wife leans mostly right.  She was going to vote for a whole bunch of blue candidates yesterday… but couldn’t find her license so she could vote… too bad, such a shame.

Point is, I don’t have a big circle of friends and I know a bunch that were pissed about the Roe v. Wade thing.

View Quote

If my wife voted blue and was pro abortion I never would have married her.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're also wrong and cannot prove their point and will convince people that their stupid conclusion is pure reason and true, and they will have the media behind them.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is the question:

View Quote

Single issue women voters

Just say what youre wanting to put down for gods sake. Stop with the stupid little riddles that you feel is above everyones head

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, millions of old people limped out to their mail boxes this morning and the Social Security wasn't there. It's easy to fool uneducated people.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#31]
it didnt help.  that's for sure.  

I couldnt care less about abortion at this point.  there's more important things to worry about.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone is arguing that "roe" had no effect on the election or that the timing could have been better.
I think their argument is that no matter what, infanticide is grossly immoral and it was worth it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop playing around.

Nail it to the wall.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2599890_Just-sayin-Told-ya-.html
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I watched an interview on local news of voters standing in line. They were asked what their biggest issue was. Time and time again women said abortion. I live in a state with some of the strongest laws protecting abortion including an amendment to our state constitution. I’m pretty sure you can abort kids in the third trimester here. But they showed to be the RESISTANCE or whatever.

People are dumb.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

it's because the world doesn't work in your fucking neat little box and elections aren't a simple a+b=c or if x then y. Elections are a complicated mess of venn diagrams, with sliding scales therein coupled with emotions, tribalism and dopamine.

You might be               retarded if you think roe didn't play a factor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might be               retarded if you think roe didn't play a factor.

... you might be a retard if you believe I don't think it did because I started this thread.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
lol

"OMG the Republicans are going to take away your abortions" was literally the ENTIRE campaign of Democrats for this election.  

If you motivate the suburban housewives to vote - especially during the low-turnout midterms - then you will OWN the middle, and win races.
View Quote

It wasn't just the housewives. The Younger generation is very pro-right to abortion and exit polls showed the 18-29 D+28.

The propaganda machine is in full effect. Either way, the Republicans were not going to right this course of self destruction we are on.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#36]
We lost because the DEMs spent a ton of TAX money.
It only takes scraps to get the weak minded to vote for you it seems.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Stop playing around.

Nail it to the wall.

View Quote

2020 account with 15K+ posts. Shareblue has you busy.  Is a hyphen the new underscore.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Just say what youre wanting to put down for gods sake. Stop with the stupid little riddles that you feel is above everyones head

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the question:

Posts like this ^^^ should make people scared for the future.

It's no wonder classical education is considered so alien.

--------------

I've asked exactly what I wanted to ask and said why I'm asking it in simple normal terms.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#40]
A. Roe V Wade overturned

B. Overwhelming control of the house and senate

You only get to pick one
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#41]
If the end result of spending many cycles building influence and power, isn't occasionally spending that influence worthwhile? Libshits certainly considered the expenditure of pretty much all of Obama's early political capital into Obamacare as worthwhile, for instance, and he never recovered for the rest of his presidency.

Even if Roe did cost us a "win" (if you consider it a loss that we will likely still have a 5050 senate and a house majority), it was something strongly demanded for literal decades by the party's base- which is built of more than just self styled internet lolbertarians who pretend their stances are conservative because tribal politics dictates they do that to cozy up to the party that likes guns.

A more likely reality is that it was one of many factors, but that this was a highly unfavorable senate map where really only GA should have been a possible pickup and that several cycles of redistricting and back and forth gerrymandering have essentially reduced the overall influence of the electoral cycles as districts are fairly locked into being strongly red or blue now with very little purple. 60-70 seat swings were never in play.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Roe had very little to do with it.  Dems cheated again.
View Quote

States that didn’t allow the cheat in 2020 seemed to go strongly Republican.  States that have multiple ways to cheat went Democrat.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

2020 account with 15K+ posts. Shareblue has you busy.  Is a hyphen the new underscore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop playing around.

Nail it to the wall.

You must be getting my paycheck.

I'll have to take that up with the leadership.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I never saw a single attack ad here that did not attack the Republican candidate for her stance on abortion. That was the sole message.

Exit polls revealed that "abortion" was the number one issue the motivated voters, second only to "the economy."

Republican contender lost by less than 10K votes.

Now I will brace for someone to call me pro-abortion for just neutrally stating three facts.
View Quote

Probably should have been as pragmatic as Jefferson  and the boys were. They sacrificed the freedom of the slaves to ensure the birth of the country.

Lincoln spent 600,000 lives to ensure the retainment of that union.

I suppose a few million unborn babies, spent  putting ineffective, wishy washy Republicans back in charge makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A. Roe V Wade overturned

B. Overwhelming control of the house and senate

You only get to pick one
View Quote

Ah, someone gets it at least enough to make a false start at it.

Well, yeah ... *if those were the only two possible choices, you'd be right.*
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Posts like this ^^^ should make people scared for the future.

It's no wonder classical education is considered so alien.

--------------

I've asked exactly what I wanted to ask and said why I'm asking it in simple normal terms.
View Quote

Enjoy being intellectually supreme I guess. No one knows what the fuck you are talking about while you sit on your little intellectual throne

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#47]
The mob is fickle. A net neutral result after slamming the door on a central plank of communists isn’t bad, and now it will be on to the next stupid motivational issue.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#48]
OP is correct, it was a SCOTUS decision on what the Constitution does or does not say, and they ruled correctly on it.

If the GOP is ok with allowing babies to continue to be murdered so they can win elections, then the GOP is no better the DNC.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the question:

Abortion voters always vote the same way anyway.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#50]
suburban white women love the illusion of being oppressed
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top