BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I watched an interview on local news of voters standing in line. They were asked what their biggest issue was. Time and time again women said abortion. I live in a state with some of the strongest laws protecting abortion including an amendment to our state constitution. I’m pretty sure you can abort kids in the third trimester here. But they showed to be the RESISTANCE or whatever.

People are dumb.
View Quote

You do realize that the media shows you what they want, don’t you?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Abortion voters always vote the same way anyway.
View Quote

They dont and the proof is in the pudding

While yes leftist will always vote left there are a ton of middle an even right leaning women that abortion is their crux

Thats simply what it be
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]

"roe v wade was overturned"

Republicans and Independents who support abortion voted (D).

"Therefore we did badly in the midterms"

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A. Roe V Wade overturned

B. Overwhelming control of the house and senate

You only get to pick one
View Quote

We weren’t getting B regardless of abortion.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Kelly ran whole ads of Masters talking about how doctors that perform abortions should be arrested and how abortion was demonic.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]
fpni.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Look at most women's social media and say the two arent linked with a straight face
View Quote

This, OP you are being an ostrich.  

I could care less about Roe v Wade but it is a factor.  Pretending it isn’t is a short coming.  Should it be such a major factor?  Nope but it is on the female half of the population whose brains have different wiring.  

I saw a lot of moderate women, catholic women, old women beyond child bearing age plus nearly all the young adult women posting angry things about the overturning of RvW.   They were out there and a lot of them were so motivated to vote when the economy should have been the main topic.  

Chuck Schumer while sniveling and yelling at the cameras was dancing inside when the supreme court threw them a lifesaver.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The ruling was correct, the timing, however was very very bad. It affected voters just enough to push a few Democrat candidates to a win, which is all they needed.

Timing can be everything.
View Quote

Lol, we have these elections every two years. We can only do things in off years? What a weak attitude so many seem to have whenever I hear "timing" brought up.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

While yes leftist will always vote left there are a ton of middle an even right leaning women that abortion is their crux

Thats simply what it be
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats simply what it be

And yet it didn’t play out that way in states that had real election security.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Republicans in Michigan did poorly because they ran shit campaigns.

Democrats just outspent the GOP in Michigan.  They saturated the air waves and the State GOP did a piss poor job of countering their propaganda.  Michigan also ran some very shitty candidates for office.  Running Dixon, a woman, against Whitmer who is also a woman was a big mistake.  When you have an election you want to have very CLEAR lines of distinction between the candidates.  You have to have a simple mantra like Trump did with "Build that Wall" and "Lock her Up."   The physical distinction even has to be very clear and distinct.  Michigan should have ran a man in his early 50's, strong physical features, white full head of hair, and a simple message like "No More Lockdowns" then saturate the air waves reminding every idiot about her lockdowns and the damage she caused.

Republicans were all over the page this midterm.  They had no single easy message for the 30% of smooth brain jackasses out there and it cost them. The GOP failed to make any clear distinction between itself and the Democrats. The GOP failed to link the economy to the government and the government to the Democrats.  The low IQ people in this nation need very clear lines connected very big dots and the GOP failed to do connect those dots.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#12]
DEMs play the game better.
I watched my State throw Scraps at the end in the form of food stamps to buy votes.
RED throws the scraps to places people don't care about like Airlines.
Throw in DEMs control the MEDIA and drugs and it is pretty much over.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Enjoy being intellectually supreme I guess. No one knows what the fuck you are talking about while you sit on your little intellectual throne

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o7aD4ubUVr8EkgQF2/giphy.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posts like this ^^^ should make people scared for the future.

It's no wonder classical education is considered so alien.

--------------

I've asked exactly what I wanted to ask and said why I'm asking it in simple normal terms.

Enjoy being intellectually supreme I guess. No one knows what the fuck you are talking about while you sit on your little intellectual throne

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o7aD4ubUVr8EkgQF2/giphy.gif

My feelings have got squat to do with it.

We've got people blaming it on roe.

I want them to show how their conclusion is true.

That can be done by filling in the blank between the two sentences that were given with one that forces us to believe it was because of roe.

I'm asking someone, anyone on that side to smash it out of the park and that pair of sentences is a low hanging inside slow-pitch, begging to be hit.

All they have to do is connect (them).
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]
OP should also have to prove why it wasn’t because of Roe.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Michigan put RvW on the ballot to amend their constitution, so there's that.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That fact that you seem unable to understand (or unwilling to accept) the explanations that have been given to you does not mean they are incorrect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What questions? You want someone here to pose some question you can't even elucidate?

This is the question:

What goes between those that causally links them.

That fact that you seem unable to understand (or unwilling to accept) the explanations that have been given to you does not mean they are incorrect.

This makes me feel a bit better. The reason I'm looking for someone to make those two stick and intentionally ignoring the others is because if someone can make them stick, the rest don't matter.  The very best and unavoidable reason will have been given.

Otherwise, we're just down in the mud endlessly wrestling.

My opinion is that it can't be done, but I'd like to see it honestly tried.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Republicans and Independents who support abortion voted (D).

View Quote

Ok.

Can you find the missing sentence to add that shows how that group Rs and Is voting that way can only result in what happened last night?

No, not a snark.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#18]
We haven't lost yet. There are 61 House seats still in play and republicans only need to win 18 of them to have the majority. I like those odds.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I listened to some left leaning stream for a bit last night on my drive home. They were making some comparisons in a Montana race where someone ran hard on abortion bans to when he was last elected.  His margin had narrowed significantly since his precious election.  Sure there could be other factors, but they blamed his abortion stance.

No I don't really care enough to further look this up or fact check the podcast right now. The Supreme Court made the right call on the case and shouldn't be influenced by popular opinion.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I wouldn't say overturning Roe vs. Wade was "the reason" for the poor showing, but it was probably a contributing factor.

-poor candidates in critical areas (although Fetterman and Warnock are not exactly great candidates, either)
-overturn of Roe vs. Wade
-repudiation of Trump by proxy against his endorsed candidates
-poor turnout in some areas
-inflated expectations based on past elections

Those are probably all partially factors.  Personally, I suspect the Trump angle was probably the single biggest factor and the return of abortion to the states was probably next.  It appears as though economic concerns might have, at least, put the Republicans in control of the House (although I remain unconvinced of that, as no one is reporting anything concrete at the moment).
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#21]
How do we disenfranchise women
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OP should also have to prove why it wasn’t because of Roe.
View Quote

My answer to that is what it has been since the overturn and before it: you do what's right regardless what others will do in reaction.

It's better to not have a bad reaction roll down the pike, but if there's no other way, do what you have to.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This makes me feel a bit better. The reason I'm looking for someone to make those two stick and intentionally ignoring the others is because if someone can make them stick, the rest don't matter.  The very best and unavoidable reason will have been given.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What questions? You want someone here to pose some question you can't even elucidate?

This is the question:

Of course it can’t be done.  It’s a vote based on people’s feelings.  You’re asking for logic when there isn’t any.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How do we disenfranchise women
View Quote

I don't know, but if you figure it out I think it would end up with something like 48 of the 50 states voting red based on 2016 data, so workshop it and see if you can't come up with some ideas.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We haven't lost yet. There are 61 House seats still in play and republicans only need to win 18 of them to have the majority. I like those odds.
View Quote

We're out past election day. I don't like how the D's always try and use fraud in this timeframe.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Are we really incompetent to supply one sentence?

Will any of you even TRY?
View Quote

How stupid do you have to be to not see it yourself?  
Do you think all women write a treatise on what goes on in their heads?  
If they did would it be accurate?  
Would you or I be able to understand how they laid it out?

Tell me what proof is acceptable?  

Do we need 180 million sworn affidavits from persons that voted D based solely on the abortion issue?  
You aren’t going to get them.  I bet a lot of guys here have wives who voted D and their husbands think they voted R.  That is the reality of voting in secret ballots.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Of course it can’t be done.  It’s a vote based on people’s feelings.  You’re asking for logic when there isn’t any.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the question:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#28]
My wife is staunchly anti-leftist, has zero intention of getting abortions and even she was pissed at Republicans over Roe.

Some of you guys are fucking clueless.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Stop playing around.

Do your best to PROVE that the losses of seats caused what you think is bad from the midterms.

Find the magic sentence in the english language that links the following two sentences and forces people to link them.

Do what the politicians and left never do: Answer the elementary school level question - without assuming, appealing to feelings, or screaming to the skies at how scotus was bad man to knock down roe.

Nail it to the wall.

See if you can make those legos fit.
View Quote

Roe was overturned.  This was perceived to be the fault of the Right, and the Republican Party.  To forestall further state-level attempts to restrict abortion and/or punish Republican lawmakers who enacted new abortion restrictions, angry women got off their ass to go to the polls to vote D.  Whereas they would've ordinarily not cared enough to get up and go.  That's the argument and it's not a complicated causation chain.

You'd expect much higher turnout in this case versus previous midterms.  Complicating factors include that it's much easier to fast a ballot (or have one cast in your name) now vs other, pre-COVID, pre-"reforms" elections.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Record inflation, border crisis, empty store shelves, crime wave, and a president with an approval rating in the 30s%.

It should have been a red tidal wave, OP, but it wasn’t.

RvW hurt. Did it hurt a lot, or just some, I don’t know.
View Quote

If it shifted just 4% in many elections then it flipped them on the issue.  It didn’t need to be a 87% mandate, just 50.1% on the final tally.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#31]
When I was young and older gentlemen told me "Do what is right, no matter what the consequences.".  At the time I remember thinking to myself "If you're doing what is right how could there possibly be consequences?".  20 years later what I was told makes perfect sense.  

Do not give here to gain there.  Do what is right no matter what the consequences may be.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats simply what it be

Despite my post above, this is my view.  We have to fix our electoral process, or none of the rest of this matters.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My wife is staunchly anti-leftist, has zero intention of getting abortions and even she was pissed at Republicans over Roe.

Some of you guys are fucking clueless.
View Quote

Exactly.

Abortion on some level is supported by a LAGRE percentage of women, and that included Republicans.

Look at Kentucky- voted bright red this election, and STILL VOTED DOWN the Amendment to ban abortion (Amendment 2).
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Look at most women's social media and say the two arent linked with a straight face
View Quote

That had a big part in this, also Donny endorsing candidates.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's no wonder classical education is considered so alien.

--------------

I've asked exactly what I wanted to ask and said why I'm asking it in simple normal terms.
View Quote

No, you aren't.

I find it really hard to believe that you are classically educated.

You are asking what can only be described as a rhetorical question, and expecting a concrete answer. There isn't one. If you were classically educated, you'd know that. If you do, you're trolling.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That can be done by filling in the blank between the two sentences that were given with one that forces us to believe it was because of roe.

I'm asking someone, anyone on that side to smash it out of the park and that pair of sentences is a low hanging inside slow-pitch, begging to be hit.

View Quote

You answer it. You seem to think it's a slow-pitch answer, so why don't you hit it out of the park.

You're ridiculous.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Roe was overturned.  This was perceived to be the fault of the Right, and the Republican Party.  To forestall further state-level attempts to restrict abortion and/or punish Republican lawmakers who enacted new abortion restrictions, angry women got off their ass to go to the polls to vote D.  Whereas they would've ordinarily not cared enough to get up and go.  That's the argument and it's not a complicated causation chain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

... and the reason I asked it the way I did was to include the last link in the chain: showing (not guessing) that this *happened.*

You'd expect much higher turnout in this case versus previous midterms.  Complicating factors include that it's much easier to fast a ballot (or have one cast in your name) now vs other, pre-COVID, pre-"reforms" elections.

Everything is a mess.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Repeal Nineteen.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes, it's what happened, but I don't want to put up with the REEEEEEEEEEEEEE  scream of  "this is all because of roe" as a constant stupid drumbeat.
View Quote

Just because it is a stupid reason does not mean it wasn’t the reason for a swing of female voters or the cause to get an otherwise sit this one out voter to go vote.  

50% of the population live their life on feels.......NOT logic......even if it hurts them down the road.  

You seem to be demanding the answer to why the sky is blue.

You have no right to an answer and you come off like a nutter to demand shit on your terms.

Ha, no, This is arfcom, land of baloney and ammo forts not Burger King.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Abortion on some level is supported by a LAGRE percentage of women, and that included Republicans.

Look at Kentucky- voted bright red this election, and STILL VOTED DOWN the Amendment to ban abortion (Amendment 2).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of you guys are          clueless.

Exactly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that the one where the language on the ballot was a confusing hash?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It is a factor in the loss.

The ruling, while correct, gave the Media a perfect propaganda tool.

Self inflicted injury.
View Quote

The right did a poor job of articulating the reason for roe being over turned. There is an excellent argument that the constitution makes no mention of abortion and it should be a state issue or an amendment passed. But nope the right just jumped straight into the trap.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You answer it. You seem to think it's a slow-pitch answer, so why don't you hit it out of the park.

You're ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're ridiculous.

Isn't it funny how I'm ridiculous and stupid and a troll, and yet... you don't have an answer?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mid late 30’s here.

Most are posting pics of their 2/3/4 child.

Don’t see much about abortion outside a few known lefties.

Most are complaining about gas and food costs.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Val Demmings in Florida ran non stop ads regarding abortion rights.

Rubio won with the same margin that DeSantis had.

Anti woke. Anti woke. Anti woke.  That brings out the base and the moderates.  The economy is important, but it's not going to excite a voting block like God, guns, and family.
View Quote

This. Fuck appeasing lolberts and "muh line no go up enough" etc. @Geralt55
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Repeal Nineteen.
View Quote

Don't forget 16 and 17.

Also, stop acting like 14 passed, when we know it didn't.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Michigan put RvW on the ballot to amend their constitution, so there's that.
View Quote

Along with 7 other states and pro choice won in every single state even the red ones.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#47]
"Oh no, Republicans hurt itself in its confusion!"

Abortion is something you push for when you have control, not while you are trying to get control.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#48]
The 19th amendment and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#49]
It was ONLY that issue and/or "orange man bad" that drove the left to the polls.  You pick - because the shitty economy and a piss poor POS for president didn't drive enough people out to vote or keep enough home.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#50]
I don’t care if we did.

It was worth it.

Dead babies vs 2 more years.

No brainer.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top