Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I lurked for many years and bought and sold a bunch on here.

During covid I started posting.

I cant get my head around how eager most of this site is to throw our country into more meaningless wars, when we are circling the drain.

Im basically headed back to lurking.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd be more concerned with infiltrating left and bots vs a boomer posting rants
View Quote

Ya, what this fellow firearms enthusiast said.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Leftists - Of course they are here and in great numbers.  Odd.

Has anyone ever changed their mind about politics based on a Leftist's post?
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:13:55 AM EDT
[#4]
We finally don't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm just as talkative in person.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Prude out of touch boomers are just too much fun to not fuck with.

Case in point.......

You do understand that this isn't meant to be a conservative echo chamber, right? This is a GUN/2A forum, not an exclusive hangout for y'allqueda and bible thumpers.

Also, in the same way that not participating in identity politics doesn't make one a nazi, not spouting bible verses and being critical of the dysfunctional dumpster fire the political right has become does not make one a 'leftist, commie, statist'.
View Quote

I don't think you're the target of the OP. You've been posting progressive weirdness for as long as I've been here, it's not a sudden new development.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where have you been?! @WhatsGnu have Gnot seen you post in awhile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn’t there an anti arfcom AR15 site of lot of banned members that were buying old screen names and passwords to come back and muck rake?

I kinda doubt that.
There's enough muckraking here in a normal week already.

I've just been hanging out in the back of the herd.
Life is good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Some of us just...lurk. I'm on here daily to read the fuckery, but prefer to not take part.

I rarely have much (if anything) to contribute.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#9]
What qualifies an account as old?
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Sleeper cells activated.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Meh.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#12]
BulletSponge comes to mind. Barely active account then bam..furious anti Trump losing in 2016
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#13]
FBI is back at again
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#14]
In addition to the above reasons I think Donald Trump broke some posters with terminal TDS.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#15]
LPC'er checking in.

Tom
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
BulletSponge comes to mind. Barely active account then bam..furious anti Trump losing in 2016
View Quote

Well, that was just intentional trolling on his part. Outside of those threads, he was pretty reasonable poster.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I am on here every day, just lurking and reading.  I never watch the news, I can find out anything that's happening faster here.

I have learned a lot over the years in the tech forums, and I am grateful for that.

GD can be entertaining, sometimes.  It's like going through a mountain of BS to find a nugget though.  

I rarely have anything to contribute and I refuse to be part of any internet purse swinging (although it can be entertaining sometimes).
Something about wrestling with a pig in the mud.

Maybe, when I retire in about a year, I'll jump in with both feet and start swinging away, but don't hold your breath.

Stay Classy GD.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Lurked for years while is was doing night shifts and college back in the early 2000's. Eventually had something to say worth creating an account about a decade later. Now I will occasionally comment if I feel I have something worth adding.  Id say you are seeing old accounts more because they have likely retired or more settled into careers and have more time on their hands.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
plus 1
View Quote

If you are in need of post assistance,  you can find some here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Funny how they have all the answers too. Seems like they have an agenda.
View Quote

That's impossible  because I have all the answers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#21]
I comment on what interests me, no use in being an attention whore with a high post count.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#22]
It must be those paid operatives again, cause you know how easy it is to get someone to change their political beliefs by posting on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I often wonder,  how pathetic a man's life could be to have +50k post on one forum on the internet. Then I laugh at the comments regarding hacked accounts because so many of you are in disbelief that life does exist outside of the internet.
Get out of moms basement and live life a little of live a lot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sock puppets getting fisted.
View Quote

snort.  Off to make a meme.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I took a break from 2014 through 2022.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For a while I have noticed OLD ACCOUNTS with low post counts suddenly posting heavily in political type threads.

Just wondering what makes a person suffer through 20+ years barely to not posting, with plenty of political events, and suddenly majorly interested in political goings on.  It baffles me.  

No one thread mind you, for months if not a couple years, very low post counts suddenly chiming in politically numerous times in those threads.

Welcomes low post count, old accounts offering insight into what made you decide to ramp up your posting?  Just curious about the mindset, what changed in you to want to get political in this day and age?
View Quote

I am constantly enthralled by the spastic, mind-numbingly dumb and whiney-little bitch posts made on a minute by minute basis in GD - this is a 365/24/7 shit-show dumpster fire.  Originally, I came here as a firearms enthusiast.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For a while I have noticed OLD ACCOUNTS with low post counts suddenly posting heavily in political type threads.

Just wondering what makes a person suffer through 20+ years barely to not posting, with plenty of political events, and suddenly majorly interested in political goings on.  It baffles me.  

No one thread mind you, for months if not a couple years, very low post counts suddenly chiming in politically numerous times in those threads.

Welcomes low post count, old accounts offering insight into what made you decide to ramp up your posting?  Just curious about the mindset, what changed in you to want to get political in this day and age?
View Quote

Neckbeards in White Rental Vans coming for you bro.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well, that was just intentional trolling on his part. Outside of those threads, he was pretty reasonable poster.
View Quote

Sort of. But he was pretty inactive then bam. Massive barrages of anti Trump posts. Like 90 percent were that
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In Chicago, dead people vote.

In GD, dead people post with NOVA  IP addresses.
View Quote

THERE FIXED IT FOR YOU
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe theyre retired now and have more time to shitpost . . .  Or someone activated the sleeper cells . .. .
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I comment on what interests me, no use in being an attention whore with a high post count.
View Quote

And yet you choose to grace the board with a virtue signal.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Old accounts getting hacked.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Ban old accounts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm kind of autistic.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Aren't we all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just here for the entertainment

Aren't we all?
I'm just here for the gang......er uh nevermind
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#37]
I am the original owner of my account. I hardly spend time on here, which is why I have the post count that I have.

That’s it ….
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Who you callin’ old?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Maybe boredom.  I'm refraining from political thread posting, even after 20+ years.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Psyops. Trying to shape opinions.
View Quote

This. I have no doubt some are professional propagandists for certain Left-wing groups and foreign interests. Certain events seem to bring them out of the woodwork. I've been here long enough to see them pop-up for a bit then go back into hibernation until the next election for example. There are also some who go dormant for awhile then return due to life changes. When my last job had me doing work overseas, I didn't find much time to post comments.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Funny how they have all the answers too. Seems like they have an agenda.
View Quote

Some seem to pop up together, say similar things then disappear again too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or the old account gets sold to bad actors.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Don’t assume that a low post count equals rare site visits. I’ve been visiting this site as paying/non-paying member for years; I’m usually here numerous times a day as I use it for keeping up on firearms news scantly reported by the MSM.
I used EE much more in the past, when better deals were to be had.

Not much of a poster (on any site); I did attend a couple of events at Ft Dix when I worked there with the Air Force and had a great time. I miss reading posts of fallen members, especially Eric (the Hun) and the like; they shared so much knowledge without being condescending.

Bottom line:  After more than two decades, this site still gets the majority of my on-line attention. Once in a great while I’ll post on something that is important to me, but I’m mainly a “listen and watch” kind of guy.

B_S
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We are in the age of information warefare.  This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old accounts getting hacked.

We are in the age of information warefare.  This.

This, plus bot farms and paid posters that have accounts on thousands of forums to get paid to post.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Some of us just like to read occasionally, maybe post a handful of times in a decade.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I got on back around 2006 as you can see asking about California legal AR's. Found Calguns and was very active on it for some time. It started dying over the years and discovered ARF GD. Never looked back.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Life is good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn’t there an anti arfcom AR15 site of lot of banned members that were buying old screen names and passwords to come back and muck rake?

I kinda doubt that.
There's enough muckraking here in a normal week already.

Life is good.

@WhatsGnu

Gnood to see you're still around.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I only had 2 posts before the last few years, I've been daily trolling in GD, before that I did the same at another gun forum and got bored with them and starter hanging here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Retirement freed a chunk of time for me to want to interact a bit instead of just reading and scrolling on by. The majority of my time now is spent with children, grandchildren and spouse. Then hobbies, projects and forums (here and elsewhere)

This is still my favorite site though. I mean I can see politician taint worship with a religious wild abandon, you don't do/want things like me so you must be a (fill in the blank), conspiracy theories complete with tin foil attire etc etc but also tech, training, industry, military, leo, ee, etc forums and basic comradery all balance it out. For the most part I have been and am generally entertained and enjoying myself.

My post count will go up bit by bit but will probably never reach the level of some short timers counts here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I pretty much lurked until the lockdowns then decided it was more fun to be involved.
View Quote

I did this without a username...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top