Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope my old account returns. Never could get it recovered.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Boredom, retirement, unemployment, or plain old fuckery.
View Quote
Pretty much this, I read the boards almost every day. I usually just think it's not worth my time to type up a reply.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a pretty low post account until trump came on scene.  Being a longtime conservative it was pretty easy to see he was not what he was claiming to be and I felt strongly enough about it to post.  Prior to that I was mainly here to learn and did not contribute much.  Of course with that comes everyone accusing you of purchasing an old account.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@WhatsGnu

Gnood to see you're still around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn’t there an anti arfcom AR15 site of lot of banned members that were buying old screen names and passwords to come back and muck rake?

I kinda doubt that.
There's enough muckraking here in a normal week already.

Where have you been?! @WhatsGnu have Gnot seen you post in awhile

I've just been hanging out in the back of the herd.
Life is good.

@WhatsGnu

Gnood to see you're still around.

I'm gNot going to complain.
I do like to read stuff.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This, plus bot farms and paid posters that have accounts on thousands of forums to get paid to post.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old accounts getting hacked.

We are in the age of information warefare.  This.

This, plus bot farms and paid posters that have accounts on thousands of forums to get paid to post.  

Do you guys really think people are paid to post here and if so by who? What is the end game?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do you guys really think people are paid to post here and if so by who? What is the end game?
View Quote

you know it's true because there's no evidence, that proves it
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like to compare them to Jehovah Witnesses or Mormons. Nobody is paying them to knock on your door, they are doing it out of religious duty. Their success rate is probably microscopic, yet they continue. Day after day, year after year.

Same with progressives. Progs seek out any and all online venues to spread their religion
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Old accounts getting hacked.
View Quote

Yep, effectively Sleeper Cells.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't think you're the target of the OP. You've been posting progressive weirdness for as long as I've been here, it's not a sudden new development.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prude out of touch boomers are just too much fun to not fuck with.

Case in point.......

You do understand that this isn't meant to be a conservative echo chamber, right? This is a GUN/2A forum, not an exclusive hangout for y'allqueda and bible thumpers.

Also, in the same way that not participating in identity politics doesn't make one a nazi, not spouting bible verses and being critical of the dysfunctional dumpster fire the political right has become does not make one a 'leftist, commie, statist'.

I don't think you're the target of the OP. You've been posting progressive weirdness for as long as I've been here, it's not a sudden new development.

Ouch.  Right in his feels.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is your opinion?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Another lurker with nothing to contribute

except FPNI, RIP, nice, congrats, voted, good luck, prayers sent, etc…
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#13]
What’s and old account?  What’s a low post count? - asking for friend who doesn’t like to post.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What’s and old account?  What’s a low post count? - asking for friend who doesn’t like to post.
View Quote

OP is talking about very specific actions taken by old accounts, with low post numbers, in a very specific type of thread.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Posts are used to confirm and or shift the public opinion of the Globalists narrative.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Posts are used to confirm and or shift the public opinion of the Globalists narrative.
View Quote

You think arfcom shifts public opinion?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I often wonder,  how pathetic a man's life could be to have +50k post on one forum on the internet. Then I laugh at the comments regarding hacked accounts because so many of you are in disbelief that life does exist outside of the internet.
Get out of moms basement and live life a little of live a lot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I often wonder,  how pathetic a man's life could be to have +50k post on one forum on the internet. Then I laugh at the comments regarding hacked accounts because so many of you are in disbelief that life does exist outside of the internet.
Get out of moms basement and live life a little of live a lot.
View Quote

Yeah live life a little of live a lot.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What is your opinion?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your opinion?
I think there is a certain level of paranoia that is warranted given the current state of the world. Most of the "you're a government agent, pharma shill, commie infiltrator, etc" comments come from people whose paranoia is off the charts. It's only a handful of posters who make this type of accusation when discussing certain topics.

I don't think it's a coincidence that people who think Covid and the vaccine were both designed as part of some plot to kill off a certain percentage of the worlds population also think anyone who doesn't believe this a paid propagandist.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I only come here to inform our wonderful president Joe Biden about all your illegal pistol braces.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Old men yelling at the sky
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I only come here to inform our wonderful president Joe Biden about all your illegal pistol braces.
View Quote

As if he knows what a pistol brace is.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had a pretty low post account until trump came on scene.  Being a longtime conservative it was pretty easy to see he was not what he was claiming to be and I felt strongly enough about it to post.  Prior to that I was mainly here to learn and did not contribute much.  Of course with that comes everyone accusing you of purchasing an old account.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The “trump effect”, whether you’re a rabid nevertrumper or ULTRA MAGA or even just on the periphery trying to figure out wtf is going on, certainly has a lot to do with it.
Quoted:
Quoted:
You think arfcom shifts public opinion?
Who cares about public opinion?
Gun nuts are a highly reliable, committed voting demographic. Demoralizing and/or causing strife in this group pays dividends.

I think there’s fewer “paid deep state agents” than some speculate but certainly we’re on the radar of influence mercenaries of various types, and a good argument could be made about some of our more prolific newsbots on here about simply being self-ID’d frontline soldiers in modern info wars.

ETA if you want a fun example of targeting another demographic with info ops google the “blacktivist” Facebook page from back in 2016 era.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The “trump effect”, whether you’re a rabid nevertrumper or ULTRA MAGA or even just on the periphery trying to figure out wtf is going on, certainly has a lot to do with it.
View Quote

A lot of people will never recover from it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Direct affect?

It’s personal.

Maybe
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:A lot of people will never recover from it.
View Quote
100%
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
20 years is a long time to hack an account.
20 years ago, people had different ideas about what a good password should be.
20 years ago the account holder had a kid who is now a leftist idiot who had to clean up the deceased dad's electronic stuff.
I bet if staff had a log of password change requests there is always one right before the start of the prolific posting. All it takes is access to an email address with an account here.
Point them out, berate them, then put them on ignore.
View Quote
Hell I bet even now one could have a lot of success with hashcat and a library with various mutations of fuckobama/fuckbiden against the site’s user passwords.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For a while I have noticed OLD ACCOUNTS with low post counts suddenly posting heavily in political type threads.

Just wondering what makes a person suffer through 20+ years barely to not posting, with plenty of political events, and suddenly majorly interested in political goings on.  It baffles me.  

No one thread mind you, for months if not a couple years, very low post counts suddenly chiming in politically numerous times in those threads.

Welcomes low post count, old accounts offering insight into what made you decide to ramp up your posting?  Just curious about the mindset, what changed in you to want to get political in this day and age?
View Quote

Well fuck do I qualify?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#29]
13'r doing 13'r things... I remember when they all infiltrated the site...I didn't have much to say then, either...
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm up for a party.
Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well fuck do I qualify?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For a while I have noticed OLD ACCOUNTS with low post counts suddenly posting heavily in political type threads.

Just wondering what makes a person suffer through 20+ years barely to not posting, with plenty of political events, and suddenly majorly interested in political goings on.  It baffles me.  

No one thread mind you, for months if not a couple years, very low post counts suddenly chiming in politically numerous times in those threads.

Welcomes low post count, old accounts offering insight into what made you decide to ramp up your posting?  Just curious about the mindset, what changed in you to want to get political in this day and age?

Well fuck do I qualify?
Doubt it.  Haven't seen you post heavily in political threads.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well fuck do I qualify?

It's hilarious to me, how many can't manage to read your OP.

Can't decide if your running a sting operation or not though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Some just read to stay in the know...

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#34]
You called??

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well fuck do I qualify?

People don’t read an OP. Just dive in based on the thread title.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

People don’t read an OP. Just dive in based on the thread title.
View Quote

I only read the last post.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm one of those people. I've been here 19 years. At that time, this was a great firearms resource as the AWB ended. OIF and OEF was going strong. There was some political stuff but not even 10% of what there is now. I was one of those people that felt the need to return to the Army and deployed to OEF twice in the infantry. Helmand Province the first time in 2008 and the Parwan Valley in 2010. I would read the forums then but rarely posted. When Obama came along, the political rhetoric ramped up, then Trump. All that considered, nothing comes close to this demented, corrupt, moronic pedophile who is bound on imposing Communism on this country. He is in the pocket of our enemies, China, Iran and the little midget in Ukraine. Then there's Republican criminals equally as bad like Lindsey Graham, Mitt Romney and Mitch McConnell. I believe this country may be lost. I was wounded in the war, I'm older and more vulnerable. I have posted more because I felt the need to say something. I also feel America is close to a civil war. Interacting with likeminded people seems like the thing to do.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Finally a thread about my people. I’ll just add that… FPNI ?? which is one of the reasons I don’t post that much, the oxygen and ink have already been exhausted by people who have 50,000 posts per year.

It’s entertaining to read, but I don’t often feel the need to add my thoughts… Much like real life conversations actually.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top