http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/drifter82/signature.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, just called it a night.  Had a HEAT round from my tier 10 leopard fail to pen the turret of the WTF E100, and that pen would've saved my life ( rammed me twice while i was reloading)

motherfucking rng man, guaranteeing losses since 2011

Yup, just quit too. too much tard

Guess it was a good decision to skip playing tonight.

What is this tard you speak of?

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/drifter82/signature.png
This tard

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Derp
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Turn

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Just bought the E-50, I was able to research everything but the top gun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
10500 wn8 with the chaffee.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1110820#fjords-kama_kauzy-m24_chaffee

I'm only posting these so others can farm wn8.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I loved that tank up until about 40 battles ago. Guys. I won't be gone forever. I just need a break. It could be a week it could be a month. I don't know. I'm just tired of trying so damn hard. I went 2 for 8 today. When you end up ticked off more often than not when you're done playing its time to take a step back and enjoy other things.  

Eta: most of those games I had less than 350 DMG dealt one was zero. I blame JB for quitting and passing his bad luck to me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
201 battles later

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg538/joecoastie99/shot_102_zps883e346f.jpg

too bad I'm uninstalling after the week is out. Burned out.
sorry to hear that, buddy. Find a tank you like and play it for fun, rather than grind.
Larry and I have a "trunkload-of-monkeys" amount of fun when we run FCM 50ts.

I loved that tank up until about 40 battles ago. Guys. I won't be gone forever. I just need a break. It could be a week it could be a month. I don't know. I'm just tired of trying so damn hard. I went 2 for 8 today. When you end up ticked off more often than not when you're done playing its time to take a step back and enjoy other things.  

Eta: most of those games I had less than 350 DMG dealt one was zero. I blame JB for quitting and passing his bad luck to me

Sorry dude!  But I know exactly how you feel.  I will admit...last night while I was watching pre-season football, I wondered how the rest of the guys were doing in platoons and strongholds.    
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats man!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was annoyed too, the secret I've found is to find out where the TDs are going to camp, and then go scout within their field of fire.  I've gotten over 8K spotting damage in my T21 doing this on fisherman's bay on the west valley.  

If they don't seem to want to set up in a position where you can help them, just keep a low profile till the end game and start pulling single tanks out of the herd and circling them to death.

If my team is just completely sucking, I go hide until I can find an opening and then go murder arty and TDs, it's selfish as hell, but what else can you do in pub games, it's damn near impossible to spot for the lemming trains that form.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
for FUCKS SAKE, if you have no intent on fucking lighting for your goddamn team, STAY THE FUCK OUT OF LIGHT TANKS.

I'm so fucking tired of shitlord fucking assclowns camping behind the goddamn heavies and mediums in fucking wz and amx tanks and throwing the motherfucking game.

If you are a light who fucking hides, GET FUCKED.

Havent been...... Until now

but Im starting

as Tired as you are of it..... and I was too until I started playing them.....

im WAY FREAKING TIRED OF SPOTTING SHIT For minutes and it never getting shot.... and not because its  out of view range or hiding..... Nah the E100 is too hard to pen and that waffle may shoot me if I get spotted shooting at him  and well the scouts were lit so arty was shooting AT them ...
Scouts are interesting not only do you have to do your job but you have to HOPE like hell most of the team then decides.... hey look he lit shit lets kill it..... and today....... Ive gotten more damage than I have spotting damage by 3X

from now on.... im in it for ME

after a few min if the team looks like it has a brain,. MAYBE.

I was annoyed too, the secret I've found is to find out where the TDs are going to camp, and then go scout within their field of fire.  I've gotten over 8K spotting damage in my T21 doing this on fisherman's bay on the west valley.  

If they don't seem to want to set up in a position where you can help them, just keep a low profile till the end game and start pulling single tanks out of the herd and circling them to death.

If my team is just completely sucking, I go hide until I can find an opening and then go murder arty and TDs, it's selfish as hell, but what else can you do in pub games, it's damn near impossible to spot for the lemming trains that form.

NOpe not selfish at all, hell I'm starting to understand why half the freakin scouts.... DONT.

that sounds like a good plan Ill try it.  The Problem I have had lately is going to the places people NORMALLY go and I always WANT to see a scout... booom setup and HOLY HELL look at all the tanks.... only to notice
1 no one came this way and I was involved trying to get to my hidey hole to notice.
2 they cant hit shit
3 They are too busy hiding to hit shit
4 SQUIRREL ....I mean a Light tank is lit on the other side of the map and I have to look at or chase Him
5 etc etc
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:26:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Okay, the crew training sale is almost over, and I still haven't decided which of my Russian lights is going to get the gold crew.  Can't decide which tank will be more worthwhile going into the future.  Anybody know what sort of crew out the new 9.3 Russian lights are projected to have?  Maybe that'll help make my decision easier.

Any advice from folks who've run these tanks would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Okay, the crew training sale is almost over, and I still haven't decided which of my Russian lights is going to get the gold crew.  Can't decide which tank will be more worthwhile going into the future.  Anybody know what sort of crew out the new 9.3 Russian lights are projected to have?  Maybe that'll help make my decision easier.

View Quote

You could just run them on the test server when available
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn!  Finally got on the good side of MM and I'M playing like a muppet!  Fucking Irishmen!  Give us a couple of days off and we have to be completely retrained!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
I watched that, and my take away was that I like your play style: kind of aggressive, but you cautiously duck behind cover after nearly every shot.  As soon as the video ended, I loaded up my Chaffee, free XP'd the engine and top engine (huge improvement) and loaded onto Fjords, from the South.  Drove up into the middle, and was overrun by a 10 enemy tanks swarming the middle, and was killed after getting 300 dmg.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Finally in the e75 groove.  I lost a FULL 6% percent in recent win rates and 300 win8 grinding the panther and king tiger.  I did not free exp the tanks to the e75.  What a shirt grind thou the king wasn't half as bad s the panther.  But the grind is over and it's worth it.  The win8 is coming back up as in the win rate, along with my avg tier played and damage, and the only cash  I gave war gaming was for my crew traingings 3 over

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Got first set of barrel stripes on the Jagdtiger! Almost there on the Lowe as well. Probably a matter of time on the Cent 7/1 as much as I love that tank.

And yeah, my WR is steadily declining. I'm not going to quit or stat pad just to affect it, but it does kind of suck. Trying to grind low tiers like the KV-1s and the Church VII have been murder on winning. I just can't affect the outcome on those games most of the time, since the Church is slow and low armor it high tier games, and the 1s still has the 75mm gun. I think for now I'll stick to the Cent 7, E50, and IndPz as my focus, and I've been doing the Leopard light tank to try and get into driving scouts. Looks like I need to get the M5 stuart back as well and work on that line too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I watched that, and my take away was that I like your play style: kind of aggressive, but you cautiously duck behind cover after nearly every shot.  As soon as the video ended, I loaded up my Chaffee, free XP'd the engine and top engine (huge improvement) and loaded onto Fjords, from the South.  Drove up into the middle, and was overrun by a 10 enemy tanks swarming the middle, and was killed after getting 300 dmg.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I don't try to play like him.....never works in my favor.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#16]
It was THAT kind of weekend.  My little T71 can only do so much.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

You guys have just about convinced me to rebuy the M5 and work to the Chaffee prior to 9.3.  However, besides a 1 skill radioman and loader left over from another crew, I'll have to start with a new commander and gunner.  Quicksilver's crew makes me sad.   I did not enjoy the M5 when I grinded the T71. Not sure I really want to struggle through the again with a shitty crew.  Sigh.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The topgun really makes that tank shine.   Don't waste your time on the super 88.  Not worth the XP.  Although my win rate is atrocious in the E50, it is currently my absolute favorite tank to play.   The 105 is such a sweet boomstick.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#19]
*DISCLAIMER* I am not anywhere near as good as half the people in this thread but as far as I was concerned playing this particular game I was a side scraping god *DISCLAIMER*

Replay here

ETA: I also had some damn good arty support
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well because of all the Premi Russian lights they give away I have 5 + the T46, I keep a crew in them being trained at all times and just rotate them from one to another... they have some different crew members in each so you can train a complete crew in them if you rotate.... In fact I just put a complete crew in my IS8 minus the loader, all from lights with 1.5 skills....

just a thought but if you have a lot of premi russian lights.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You guys have just about convinced me to rebuy the M5 and work to the Chaffee prior to 9.3.  However, besides a 1 skill radioman and loader left over from another crew, I'll have to start with a new commander and gunner.  Quicksilver's crew makes me sad.   I did not enjoy the M5 when I grinded the T71. Not sure I really want to struggle through the again with a shitty crew.  Sigh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Put my old T20 two skill in it..... It STILL SUCKS
it would be a decent tank if it just had SOMETHING for a GUN....... Not GOOD.... but decent...

the other thing about scouts is how the hell am I supposed to do something when there are T+2 and T+3 scouts with me and against me...... Faster, more agile more view range, better guns....
that just sucks because you cant out scout a higher teir tank with a driver on your level and most of the time you cant kill a higher tier with = driver.....
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

it would be a decent tank if it just had SOMETHING for a GUN....... Not GOOD.... but decent...

the other thing about scouts is how the hell am I supposed to do something when there are T+2 and T+3 scouts with me and against me...... Faster, more agile more view range, better guns....
that just sucks because you cant out scout a higher teir tank with a driver on your level and most of the time you cant kill a higher tier with = driver.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The M5 is about as bad as it gets. As for me, the Chaffee will be a rare instance of a tank that I entirely free xp.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The M5 is about as bad as it gets. As for me, the Chaffee will be a rare instance of a tank that I entirely free xp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You gents ain't really helping much.   I'm half temped to just wait and see if the new Super T49 is really worth the pain before undertaking the M5 again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
*DISCLAIMER* I am not anywhere near as good as half the people in this thread but as far as I was concerned playing this particular game I was a side scraping god *DISCLAIMER*

<a href="http://s165.photobucket.com/user/not-a-fudd/media/a0dc9365-318b-4b99-a206-ca9aa2f82f90_zps59900068.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/not-a-fudd/a0dc9365-318b-4b99-a206-ca9aa2f82f90_zps59900068.jpg</a>

Replay here

ETA: I also had some damn good arty support
View Quote

Great job! I really liked the IS, and would contend that with a good driver, is a better Tier 7 than that T29 given that T29's obvious weakness in the hull.  The T29 still dominates with its gun depresion and strong turret armor, so is probably more "playable" for most folks, but I still really like the IS.  

Just wait till you get the IS3!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You gents ain't really helping much.   I'm half temped to just wait and see if the new Super T49 is really worth the pain before undertaking the M5 again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, it will be. Worse comes to worse. Just platoon with it if you can find anyone who will suffere with you. That or just play it for the x2 and be a PURE scout. The only thing that it can reliably kill is arty or ther scouts. If you see anything else, RUN. A 1390 it isn't.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chaffee is about to get equalized with other Tier 5 scouts, and it will get the current MM scout lineup instead of the shit sandwich it currently gets.

Allegedly they are going to buff existing same tier scouts as well (like the T71 and such).  Sounds like a major win for those of us that like to do stupid things in fast/invisible tanks....
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well its 50 to the Chaffee for me, IF we do OK in this next tourney... I will free XP whatever is not done by that time.
that tank is just a pure TURD, its not quick, its not fast, its not armored, It has no gun above T6 unless you can absolutely get lucky and hit them in the arse or side and it actually pens, its not really maneuverable.... Yea I will Free whatever is left of it. may do the same with the T21
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#28]
So i have a star on my M4 jumbo barrel, does that mean anything?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are in the top 65% for damage in that tank. It only counts recent battles per the description, so it's not historical. Basically more stars/stripes mean you do more damage per game than 65/85/95% of players.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Is it me, or were the pub teams absolutely terrible this weekend?  

I think I had a 43% w/r over the weekend...
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Is it me, or were the pub teams absolutely terrible this weekend?  

I think I had a 43% w/r over the weekend...
View Quote

I was 0 for 0. It was a great weekend.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

It means you like men.

Sorry bro. Hate to be "That Guy" who has to tell you...

It means you're a beast in that tank. Good job.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
It means you like men.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It means you like men.

this--mercury's medal, class III:

"frederich mercury was a brilliant tank commander who hailed from the czechoslovakian province of bohemia.  enjoying a close relationship with his crew, mercury was fascinated with ever-larger guns with which to rock opposing tanks.  his tank, affectionately named 'scaramouche', was repeatedly rammed during engagements, which mercury reportedly found to be exhilarating.  this medal is awarded for surviving at least 5 penetrations of rear armor and becoming champion of the world."
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It means you like men.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It means you like men.

How does war gamming know what i like?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It means you like men.

"frederich mercury was a brilliant tank commander who hailed from the czechoslovakian province of bohemia.  enjoying a close relationship with his crew, mercury was fascinated with ever-larger guns with which to rock opposing tanks.  his tank, affectionately named 'scaramouche', was repeatedly rammed during engagements, which mercury reportedly found to be exhilarating.  this medal is awarded for surviving at least 5 penetrations of rear armor and becoming champion of the world."
Lol. You must be bored today

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Defeat
Battle: Mountain Pass
Vehicle: Cruiser Mk. IV
Experience received: 1,263
Credits received: 21,119
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

7 kills and more damage than the rest of my team COMBINED.

>facepalm<
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Defeat
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

>facepalm<
View Quote

You can lead the 'tards to water but you can't keep them from doing monumentally stupid things.

E-95
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Chaffee is about to get equalized with other Tier 5 scouts, and it will get the current MM scout lineup instead of the shit sandwich it currently gets.

Allegedly they are going to buff existing same tier scouts as well (like the T71 and such).  Sounds like a major win for those of us that like to do stupid things in fast/invisible tanks....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup wondering if its really worth it to spend the Free XP on it right now.... If they are going to lower the research XP needed....It might be a better Idea to wait and free XP threw it then... I dont know Im kinda late to thinking about this anyway...

have to do some more thinnin

So how bout the germies and the russies lights? anything there.... The MT is already researched.. Im only on the Leop in the Germ line
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It means you like men.

wow thats the first time Ive seen that one.....How many ya got Turbo?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Defeat

>facepalm<
View Quote

better go clubbing school dad...

7 kills...Victory!

Map: Prokhorovka
Vehicle: Pz.Kpfw. II
Exp: 3,314 (x2 for the first victory each day)  Credits: 22,018
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Ammunition:-72 800  
Total:-50 782  WN8: 10 598 (100)

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

7 kills...Victory!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Defeat

>facepalm<

7 kills...Victory!

Mine was a Tier 5 battle with me being the smallest tank.....and yours?

And BTW, mine is also without a premium account.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Defeat

>facepalm<

7 kills...Victory!

Tier 3 battle. I was at the bottom!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

first day of class, and i have no courses except thesis hours.

so naturally i'm posting in a thread about a game that i don't play anymore, instead of doing research and being productive.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#44]
ITS BACK

Lmfao Tank Sniper OMG with the Derp.

Map: Hidden Village

Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H

Exp 1,333    Credits 39,376  

Battle achievements High Caliber, Tank Sniper, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"
Mission completed! Reward:
Added: Automatic Fire Extinguisher (x2)

Crew Exp: 1 333  

Total: 38 573     WN8: 4 832

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It means you like men.

Fabulous!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yea man it's a crap shoot. for every good game I get, I get a bad one.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Played 17 games last night/early this morning.  Winrate jumped to 58%, WIN8 plummeted.  I guess that's what I get for playing to grind cash rather than playing because I feel like I want to play.

Anybody interested in maybe setting up some scout classes this week?  Maybe take a few of the guys who want to get better at scouting, or are grinding scouts and toon up with some guys in tanks that can and (more importantly) WILL take advantage of having a scout out there spotting?

I'm looking at a (God help me) 65K grind to research the M7 and Chaffee in the M5.  Took the chance and gold trained the crew this weekend, but the only way I can see to make that turd perform on even a mediocre level is to bring my own shooters rather than relying on random acts of teamwork.

Also, got the 2 Russians to finish grinding.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Played 17 games last night/early this morning.  Winrate jumped to 58%, WIN8 plummeted.  I guess that's what I get for playing to grind cash rather than playing because I feel like I want to play.

Anybody interested in maybe setting up some scout classes this week?  Maybe take a few of the guys who want to get better at scouting, or are grinding scouts and toon up with some guys in tanks that can and (more importantly) WILL take advantage of having a scout out there spotting?

I'm looking at a (God help me) 65K grind to research the M7 and Chaffee in the M5.  Took the chance and gold trained the crew this weekend, but the only way I can see to make that turd perform on even a mediocre level is to bring my own shooters rather than relying on random acts of teamwork.

View Quote

Fuck the M5 over a Mountain of Lava will not ever use it.

Free Exp'ed the M7 love that little beast.

Using the PZ4 H to get the Exp needed for the Chaffee. Between that and all my Elite or prem tanks i make upwards of 15K exp a day so Chaffee should be mine by Friday Including getting as many modules on it exp'ed .

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
201 battles later

<a href="http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/joecoastie99/media/shot_102_zps883e346f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg538/joecoastie99/shot_102_zps883e346f.jpg</a>

too bad I'm uninstalling after the week is out. Burned out.
View Quote

I thought you where going to be calling stronghold battles? Don't uninstall it's a perishable skill set. Maybe you just need to focus on that and forget platooning and all the other stat bullshit. Calling is not something you can quantify with a fucking purple color.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Using the PZ4 H to get the Exp needed for the Chaffee. Between that and all my Elite or prem tanks i make upwards of 15K exp a day so Chaffee should be mine by Friday Including getting as many modules on it exp'ed .

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a fine plan for alla you Richie Rich MF'ers, but I don't have the Real World Moniez to convert xp like it's nothing.  My only real avenue to either the M7 or Chaffee is the M5, painful as that sounds.

I'm also working on the Russians (A20 and T50), which aren't quite as painful, though solo pubbing them is torturous.  

Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top