Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1010
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's a fine plan for alla you Richie Rich MF'ers, but I don't have the Real World Moniez to convert xp like it's nothing.  My only real avenue to either the M7 or Chaffee is the M5, painful as that sounds.

I'm also working on the Russians (A20 and T50), which aren't quite as painful, though solo pubbing them is torturous.  

View Quote

If you go with The tourney side of Arfcom it is FREE GOLD ask Coastie he is Hoarding what 12k Gold all FREE from tourneys. that right there is a Fuck ton of free exp and it aint bought well it is Bought with the Tears of the enemies the Arfcommers slay but yeah free other wise.

Sure i spend a Whopping $30 a month on  WOT nothing compared to what the bigger players do. enough to cover gold to Free Exp past asshole tanks or Get prem and i do that Only when there isa Sale on.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I thought you where going to be calling stronghold battles? Don't uninstall it's a perishable skill set. Maybe you just need to focus on that and forget platooning and all the other stat bullshit. Calling is not something you can quantify with a fucking purple color.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
201 battles later

<a href="http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/joecoastie99/media/shot_102_zps883e346f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg538/joecoastie99/shot_102_zps883e346f.jpg</a>

too bad I'm uninstalling after the week is out. Burned out.

I thought you where going to be calling stronghold battles? Don't uninstall it's a perishable skill set. Maybe you just need to focus on that and forget platooning and all the other stat bullshit. Calling is not something you can quantify with a fucking purple color.

Joe-

Let me give you some perspective from my angle of a recovering WOT addict.

1)  I needed the break from WOT, but miss the players.  

2)  I've filled the void watching preseason football, getting some much needed reloading done, and have played a little WoWP (which is mind numbingly awful as a noob...but strangely a nice change of pace.  Plus I'm using my WG premium time and earning some free XP I can transfer to tanks).

3)  It took uninstalling to force me to take the break...otherwise it was just too convenient to try to log on for a few games.

If you need a break, take it....but if you are able to stay away from the game without uninstalling...go that route.  That huge download isn't much fun!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So i have a star on my M4 jumbo barrel, does that mean anything?

It means you like men.

Sorry bro. Hate to be "That Guy" who has to tell you...

this--mercury's medal, class III:

"frederich mercury was a brilliant tank commander who hailed from the czechoslovakian province of bohemia.  enjoying a close relationship with his crew, mercury was fascinated with ever-larger guns with which to rock opposing tanks.  his tank, affectionately named 'scaramouche', was repeatedly rammed during engagements, which mercury reportedly found to be exhilarating.  this medal is awarded for surviving at least 5 penetrations of rear armor and becoming champion of the world."

Fabulous!

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc442/kurt_rad/Freddie-freddie-mercury-32455777-500-628_zpsd032b156.jpg

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So i have a star on my M4 jumbo barrel, does that mean anything?

It means you like men.

Sorry bro. Hate to be "That Guy" who has to tell you...

this--mercury's medal, class III:

"frederich mercury was a brilliant tank commander who hailed from the czechoslovakian province of bohemia.  enjoying a close relationship with his crew, mercury was fascinated with ever-larger guns with which to rock opposing tanks.  his tank, affectionately named 'scaramouche', was repeatedly rammed during engagements, which mercury reportedly found to be exhilarating.  this medal is awarded for surviving at least 5 penetrations of rear armor and becoming champion of the world."

Fabulous!

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc442/kurt_rad/Freddie-freddie-mercury-32455777-500-628_zpsd032b156.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Fuu4fVi.png

Errrrr.....um.....
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Robbed of Top Gun by RNGesus by 2HP!!!! Dammit! #@$@#!$%$

The last tank on the map, and I was the only one near him... looked up and saw I had 5 kills. I chased him down and knew it was a race for the last kill.  I knew I had 600 HP left, and he had around 200 HP.  So I shot him, then rammed him... well it tracked us both, and I was unable to move due to being wedged between him and a rock, and I could only shoot his turret because of my wierd angle. He had 2 HP left, so I fired two rounds, which bounced, then I switched to HE, and someone killed him as my HE round loaded

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]

wouldn't you rather have mine in your trophy case?

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

you are assuming that he doesn't already have one?

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:37:31 AM EDT
[#9]
So there I am on Prokhorovka in my Hellcat.  Tier 8, of course.  Sitting down around India 2ish, hull down, binocs up, fully camoed, all crew trained around 60% camo, camo net.  Got a T61 parked just up the hill.  Suddenly lose 1/3 of my health to an invisi-shot.  

Over the course of the game, I get shots on exactly 5 tanks, and of those 5, only 1 pens, and the fucking tank has 61 hp left to its name

I am having a seriously shit day of tanking.  4 of the last five games in this fucker have cost me money to play!  WTF?  I thought I'd had it figured out.

Of course, when you're trying to hold back and snipe, and your team lets half of the enemy team right the fuck through, and then RNJeebus decides no pens for you, I guess I can't expect anything else.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So there I am on Prokhorovka in my Hellcat.  Tier 8, of course.  Sitting down around India 2ish, hull down, binocs up, fully camoed, all crew trained around 60% camo, camo net.  Got a T61 parked just up the hill.

View Quote

not to beat up on you, but that's not a spot you'll catch me in in a fast, lightly armored and turreted TD on that map, especially as low tier.  you will almost certainly be the first target spotted, to go along with no armor and lowest HP.  this makes you focus fire target 1.  since that zone of the map results in linear engagements, you're only going to see frontal armor--this lowers the value of both your turret and your gun.  and you're not leveraging mobility at all.

in a t49, i tend to work the east side of prok.  i go for the hill, and if that's too contested i'll flex over and probe for a good spot just west of the tracks (to get side shots at the reverse slope on the hill).  if that's no good, i'll work the concealment on the east side of the tracks, because that almost never gets scouted unless the hill falls.

basically, i stay out of linear engagements, try to make the most out of my best assets (turret and mobility), and do everything i can to get flanking shots instead of banging into frontal armor.

i think you'd get better results out of the hellcat this way.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

not to beat up on you, but that's not a spot you'll catch me in in a fast, lightly armored and turreted TD on that map, especially as low tier.  you will almost certainly be the first target spotted, to go along with no armor and lowest HP.  this makes you focus fire target 1.  since that zone of the map results in linear engagements, you're only going to see frontal armor--this lowers the value of both your turret and your gun.  and you're not leveraging mobility at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So there I am on Prokhorovka in my Hellcat.  Tier 8, of course.  Sitting down around India 2ish, hull down, binocs up, fully camoed, all crew trained around 60% camo, camo net.  Got a T61 parked just up the hill.

in a t49, i tend to work the east side of prok.  i go for the hill, and if that's too contested i'll flex over and probe for a good spot just west of the tracks (to get side shots at the reverse slope on the hill).  if that's no good, i'll work the concealment on the east side of the tracks, because that almost never gets scouted unless the hill falls.

basically, i stay out of linear engagements, try to make the most out of my best assets (turret and mobility), and do everything i can to get flanking shots instead of banging into frontal armor.

I'll try that next time.  Honestly, though, I have been having decent luck west of the "road of death" up until the last couple of days.  Much better when I get north, admittedly, but not seriously bad like tonight and last night have been bad.  

In that game in particular, after I took the hit, I displaced back and started working the edge of the rail line near the crossing.  That's where I got all of my bounces.  Also where the PzSfl V gave me his side and I killed him (all 61hp of him).

My game has just generally been off this past week.  I'm seriously thinking of switching the Hellcat commander from camo to recon.  

Funny thing is, I jumped from that game into my Jackson and had a decent game on Live Oaks.  Same gun, slower tank, nearly every shot penned and did damage.  Granted, it was a mid tier game, and the worst I had to deal with was 7's.

Just have to grind through it, I guess, until things start clicking again, or I declare a fuckit and give up.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:54:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll try that next time.  Honestly, though, I have been having decent luck west of the "road of death" up until the last couple of days.  Much better when I get north, admittedly, but not seriously bad like tonight and last night have been bad.  

In that game in particular, after I took the hit, I displaced back and started working the edge of the rail line near the crossing.  That's where I got all of my bounces.  Also where the PzSfl V gave me his side and I killed him (all 61hp of him).

My game has just generally been off this past week.  I'm seriously thinking of switching the Hellcat commander from camo to recon.  

Funny thing is, I jumped from that game into my Jackson and had a decent game on Live Oaks.  Same gun, slower tank, nearly every shot penned and did damage.  Granted, it was a mid tier game, and the worst I had to deal with was 7's.

Just have to grind through it, I guess, until things start clicking again, or I declare a fuckit and give up.

Not to sound too incredibly rude about it, but the Hellcat has started requiring some skill to play. It's no longer a "Fuck tanks, acquire XP." tank.

Same thing happened to the IS-3 before.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:Not to sound too incredibly rude about it, but the Hellcat has started requiring some skill to play. It's no longer a "Fuck tanks, acquire XP." tank.

View Quote

Same thing happened to the IS-3 before.

And it's going to get worse.  Very soon.

That being said, I have never played any tank as a "fuck tanks, acquire XP" tank.  Granted, I've only been able to get a Mastery 2 so far in that particular tank, I'm not a complete NUB.  I just don't have tens of thousands of games under my belt yet.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:53:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like I've finally getting good with the Waffenträger auf Pz. IV.  First 70 battles or so I was around a 34% win rate with it.  Up to 46% now with 115 battles.  Also got my 1st ace in it and my 1st mark overall .  Guess it just took me a bit longer then usual to figure the bastard out.  Seem to do best when I play semi aggressively with it rather then just sitting in back sniping the whole match.  It has no armor but a pretty good HP pool to trade with if you're save it til later on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's a fine plan for alla you Richie Rich MF'ers, but I don't have the Real World Moniez to convert xp like it's nothing.  My only real avenue to either the M7 or Chaffee is the M5, painful as that sounds.

I'm also working on the Russians (A20 and T50), which aren't quite as painful, though solo pubbing them is torturous.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Played 17 games last night/early this morning.  Winrate jumped to 58%, WIN8 plummeted.  I guess that's what I get for playing to grind cash rather than playing because I feel like I want to play.

Anybody interested in maybe setting up some scout classes this week?  Maybe take a few of the guys who want to get better at scouting, or are grinding scouts and toon up with some guys in tanks that can and (more importantly) WILL take advantage of having a scout out there spotting?

I'm looking at a (God help me) 65K grind to research the M7 and Chaffee in the M5.  Took the chance and gold trained the crew this weekend, but the only way I can see to make that turd perform on even a mediocre level is to bring my own shooters rather than relying on random acts of teamwork.

Also, got the 2 Russians to finish grinding.  

Fuck the M5 over a Mountain of Lava will not ever use it.

Free Exp'ed the M7 love that little beast.

Using the PZ4 H to get the Exp needed for the Chaffee. Between that and all my Elite or prem tanks i make upwards of 15K exp a day so Chaffee should be mine by Friday Including getting as many modules on it exp'ed .

The M5 wasn't that bad though it is kind of crappy.  Got a 60.29% win rate in mine and I didn't free exp anything.  Just run the howitzer gun then derp with gold rounds.  You'll break about even credit wise since it's only tier 4.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't you just love taking a no aim shot at an enemy while in your KV2 only to miss by a hair and then knock out the unspotted tank behind it? I know I do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't you just love taking a no aim shot at an enemy while in your KV2 only to miss by a hair and then knock out the unspotted tank behind it? I know I do.
View Quote

Did something similar the other night in my arty.  Overshot the spotted target and got a notification of a kill anyways
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Played 17 games last night/early this morning.  Winrate jumped to 58%, WIN8 plummeted.  I guess that's what I get for playing to grind cash rather than playing because I feel like I want to play.

Anybody interested in maybe setting up some scout classes this week?  Maybe take a few of the guys who want to get better at scouting, or are grinding scouts and toon up with some guys in tanks that can and (more importantly) WILL take advantage of having a scout out there spotting?

I'm looking at a (God help me) 65K grind to research the M7 and Chaffee in the M5.  Took the chance and gold trained the crew this weekend, but the only way I can see to make that turd perform on even a mediocre level is to bring my own shooters rather than relying on random acts of teamwork.

Using the PZ4 H to get the Exp needed for the Chaffee. Between that and all my Elite or prem tanks i make upwards of 15K exp a day so Chaffee should be mine by Friday Including getting as many modules on it exp'ed .

The A-20 is a giant bag of hacked up penis.  The only thing is has going for it is top speed.  Camo is meh, view range is meh, guns are meh.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Joe-

2)  I've filled the void watching preseason football, getting some much needed reloading done, and have played a little WoWP (which is mind numbingly awful as a noob...but strangely a nice change of pace.  Plus I'm using my WG premium time and earning some free XP I can transfer to tanks).

3)  It took uninstalling to force me to take the break...otherwise it was just too convenient to try to log on for a few games.

If you need a break, take it....but if you are able to stay away from the game without uninstalling...go that route.  That huge download isn't much fun!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
201 battles later

<a href="http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/joecoastie99/media/shot_102_zps883e346f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg538/joecoastie99/shot_102_zps883e346f.jpg</a>

Joe-

I don't play but a few days a week so I don't really get burned out on the game and it cuts down on the bad streaks that piss everybody off.  I might be down for a few days anyway, I have to put in a new hard drive and install Windows 8.1 and all my other crap so it'll take me a while to get back to normal.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't play but a few days a week so I don't really get burned out on the game and it cuts down on the bad streaks that piss everybody off.  I might be down for a few days anyway, I have to put in a new hard drive and install Windows 8.1 and all my other crap so it'll take me a while to get back to normal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
201 battles later

Joe-

I've given it a thought and I'll say fair enough. I played a little bit last night in the Strongholds and a few solo pubs. It was meh. I'll stick around for the strongholds and if anyone needs or wants me for tourney's sure, I'm in. Other than that, I think I'm just going to cut back on my game time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

.  I might be down for a few days anyway, I have to put in a new hard drive and install Windows 8.1 and all my other crap so it'll take me a while to get back to normal.

View Quote
Well, it was nice knowing you... hope you can still at least access AR15 from a mobile device.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well, it was nice knowing you... hope you can still at least access AR15 from a mobile device.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.  I might be down for a few days anyway, I have to put in a new hard drive and install Windows 8.1 and all my other crap so it'll take me a while to get back to normal.

Yeah I have my ipad... I'll have the computer up probably by tonight anyway, it just won't have tanks on it until tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#23]
WR rising; WN8 dropping

Getting carried like a boss

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you go with The tourney side of Arfcom it is FREE GOLD ask Coastie he is Hoarding what 12k Gold all FREE from tourneys. that right there is a Fuck ton of free exp and it aint bought well it is Bought with the Tears of the enemies the Arfcommers slay but yeah free other wise.

Sure i spend a Whopping $30 a month on  WOT nothing compared to what the bigger players do. enough to cover gold to Free Exp past asshole tanks or Get prem and i do that Only when there isa Sale on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very, very few ARFCommers do Tourneys and it's not like they're not good enough to win. I'd love to see an all ARFCOM Tourney team do well or even take them on.

However, the difference between being good at CW and good at Tourneys is not the same by a *LONG* shot. Lose one tank in CW, and you've still got fourteen other tier X tanks driving around. Flood attacks in CW will many times win the day.

Lose one high tier tank in a Tourney and you're down a lot. Try a flood attack in a tourney and you're going to get rocked unless you know you've got a significant overmatch.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The A-20 is a giant bag of hacked up penis.  The only thing is has going for it is top speed.  Camo is meh, view range is meh, guns are meh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on the chatter in this thread, and against all that is good and right in the world, I rebought the M5 last night and started my grind for the Chaffee.  75% crew.  Oh my.  No 6th sense.  When the match starts, you are already dead in this tank, you just don't quite know it yet.  Passive scouting is your death sentence.  43k xp for the Chaffee?  Fuck me sideways.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
WR rising; WN8 dropping

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/hobbez84/signature.png

View Quote

Well shit....my W/R is dropping while WN8 is coming up.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Based on the chatter in this thread, and against all that is good and right in the world, I rebought the M5 last night and started my grind for the Chaffee.  75% crew.  Oh my.  No 6th sense.  When the match starts, you are already dead in this tank, you just don't quite know it yet.  Passive scouting is your death sentence.  43k xp for the Chaffee?  Fuck me sideways.
View Quote

Don't know what to tell you. That thing sucks at everything it's supposed to do. It is literally one of the worst tanks in the game.

I ran it more than I should have, got mad, and then just free XP'd past it.

I've thought about rebuying it and just trying it again just to see if I could maybe pull it off, but then I ask myself if I'm that much of a glutton for punishment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Don't know what to tell you. That thing sucks at everything it's supposed to do. It is literally one of the worst tanks in the game.

I've thought about rebuying it and just trying it again just to see if I could maybe pull it off, but then I ask myself if I'm that much of a glutton for punishment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I free xp'd to the M7 after about 5-10 matches in that POS. After playing it I know why there are so few Chaffee's on the field.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I only pay 25$ a month if that. I haven't bought premium time in two months because of all the free days they give away. I'm down to 6 days now and I'm still sitting on 11.5k free gold I got from tourney play. I aint rich. I'm an E-6 with a stay at home wife to a mother of two small kids, rent and a mortgage. Rich? lol

Don't eat fast food for 4/5 meals and you've got premium for a month and a bit of extra gold laying around. The extra xp payouts for wins alone is worth it IMHO. Once you get to tier 8 it's pretty hard to get anywhere creditwise if you don't pay to play. Well, unless you own a few prem tanks or even just one prem tier 8 that you're good in. That alone would keep you floating for credits.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yup, I free xp'd to the M7 after about 5-10 matches in that POS. After playing it I know why there are so few Chaffee's on the field.
View Quote

OTOH, every once and a while you'll see a shit hot Chaffee driver running around like a shooting booth duck and soaking up a lot of reload cycles on missed shots; it really looks like never letting off the gas pedal and micro-terrain are your best buddies in them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The big problem is that at Tier 4 with the inability to do much damage and pub play, 43k xp is a fucking HUGE number.   This grind is going to be fucktarded.   That damn Super T49 better be the best fuckin' thing since God created bacon.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/bigheadCCT/signature.png
View Quote

you the the Leo 1!

sweeeet.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
WR rising; WN8 dropping

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/hobbez84/signature.png

View Quote

^
Hobbez
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

OTOH, every once and a while you'll see a shit hot Chaffee driver running around like a shooting booth duck and soaking up a lot of reload cycles on missed shots; it really looks like never letting off the gas pedal and micro-terrain are your best buddies in them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember once upon a time. Three iterations of El Haluf, ago, when I was a wee little noob; I was playing with Turbo. I watched him go into the valley and up into the enemy cap while I sat in my Hellcat. I watched in awe as I saw 100-125 tickmarks coming off the enemy tier 8's in rapid succession. I said, is that YOU doing that. And then dead dead dead. I laughed pretty hard at a tier  5 tank just taking three tier 8's to town. They can be incredibly awesome tanks in the right hands.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The big problem is that at Tier 4 with the inability to do much damage and pub play, 43k xp is a fucking HUGE number.   This grind is going to be fucktarded.   That damn Super T49 better be the best fuckin' thing since God created bacon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I might wait for them to drop the xp requirement for the chaffee. Then again, If I buy it now I can put my 5 skill hellcat crew in it and just farm tons of XP for the chaffee and then when the line comes out I can use it to get the next tank, and the next.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Meh, I might wait for them to drop the xp requirement for the chaffee. Then again, If I buy it now I can put my 5 skill hellcat crew in it and just farm tons of XP for the chaffee and then when the line comes out I can use it to get the next tank, and the next.
View Quote

I'm also doing mental gymnastics regarding what to do with my current high skill hellcat crew.  I love that bitch so much that part of me insists on waiting to play it post-9.3-death-nerf to make sure it really is dead before retraining the crew.  But a 100% camo, 100% BIA, 6th sense crew (plus misc others) sure sounds good for either a pre-9.3 nerf Chaffee or the Super T49.  Although not what it used to be, I do still make good money in the hellkitty.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#37]

I just LOL'ed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#38]

FALSE!

Not enough Kimchi in that photo.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Those guys carrying me should be wearing purple or blue.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm also doing mental gymnastics regarding what to do with my current high skill hellcat crew.  I love that bitch so much that part of me insists on waiting to play it post-9.3-death-nerf to make sure it really is dead before retraining the crew.  But a 100% camo, 100% BIA, 6th sense crew (plus misc others) sure sounds good for either a pre-9.3 nerf Chaffee or the Super T49.  Although not what it used to be, I do still make good money in the hellkitty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on if or when they nerf the T49, that crew will go elsewhere as well as it's a 4 skill crew. I will miss it when it comes down to it. I have options. :)
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here is what I did.  I put my super Hellcat crew in the Chaffee, so i can work them up the rest of the American LT line.  I'm going to eat people alive when I get the T49 LT....

I still have a decent crew in my T-21 as well.  It's not a terrible tank after re-buying it.  It's not as good as the Chaffee, but it is all around a good vehicle.  Way better than the MT-25, for sure....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/K2ZCxEr.png

The last tank on the map, and I was the only one near him... looked up and saw I had 5 kills. I chased him down and knew it was a race for the last kill.  I knew I had 600 HP left, and he had around 200 HP.  So I shot him, then rammed him... well it tracked us both, and I was unable to move due to being wedged between him and a rock, and I could only shoot his turret because of my wierd angle. He had 2 HP left, so I fired two rounds, which bounced, then I switched to HE, and someone killed him as my HE round loaded

http://i.imgur.com/lOVOBJj.png
View Quote

Growing on you aint it
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#43]
real life tank battle Moldova 1992

http://youtu.be/AH720ftglh0
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I moved mine to arty.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The M5 wasn't that bad though it is kind of crappy.  Got a 60.29% win rate in mine and I didn't free exp anything.  Just run the howitzer gun then derp with gold rounds.  You'll break about even credit wise since it's only tier 4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gonna make a guess that you went threw it before they broke the derp guns....I cant Pen with gold and HE is doing like 15-50
on occasion you get a shot at a hellcat or something and boom 175 damage but thats pretty rare...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Felt like mentioning this cool moment from yesterday.  I was on Murovanka. Spawned in North.  I was in a Type 59, and saw almost all heavies and TDs in the pre-battle list.

I chatted out, "I am going to A1 to spot, initially, who is coming?"  1 tank gave an "Affirmative".  Game starts and 1 tank is headed west behind me.  Just 1.
I channeled my inner-purple, and thought "Self, remember the great advice that lancecriminal posted from reddit the other day?"

My biggest take-away, and I think it was a quote from Garbad, was "If you see the lemming train going one way, be the conductor!"

So, I did a 180, chatted out "Woo Woo, motherfuckers!!!!", ducked into the forest, hightailed it all the way through, and lit the fuck out of 5 tanks sitting on top of that little tree'd hill. So, we are now up 15 - 10, and I just kept on going, and ended up pushing all the way to their span area, killed arty, started attacking their heavies from behind.  Ended up with maybe 3400 damage and a 7000-ish WN8 match.
tl;dr - be the conductor on the lemming train from hell

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Rough guesstimate, but I'd expect the new Tier VI scouts to be 25-30k XP, The VII lights might be harder to peg...the autoloaders and non-autoloaders have a big gap, so depending on the top gun, it could be anywhere from 45k to 60k XP.

Current Light tank XP:

Tier VI:

• T21 - 28,700

• VK28.01 - 28,500

• AMX 12t - 26,400

• MT-25 - 24,400

• 59-16 - 31,000

Tier VII:

• T71 - 60,000

• Auf. Panther - 43,100

• AMX 13 75 - 67,000

• WZ 131 - 43,000

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

you the the Leo 1!

sweeeet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/bigheadCCT/signature.png

you the the Leo 1!

sweeeet.

The Leo 1 hasn't been kind to me lately...hell none of my Tier Xs have been.  Dropped back to my Tier IXs to figure out where I am going wrong.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Growing on you aint it

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/K2ZCxEr.png

http://i.imgur.com/lOVOBJj.png

Growing on you aint it

Only time I didn't was before I got it upgraded.  Also, I am playing with 6th sense (no crew available for UK) but getting closer (86%)

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#50]
1st game back with the Chaffee. It's 80% crew with a hodgepodge set of skills, but they're all maxed out on Camo.

Equipment: vents, optics, and binocs, since it's what I have on hand, and I don't feel like spending 200k on a rammer. Ideally, rammer, VS, and optics for a combat role.

Consumables: small repair kit, 100-octane gas, and auto-fire extinguisher

Page / 1010
Top Top