BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you keep taking you will not "keep shoving chips in your face".  And by the way - losing weight by eating less will make you lose muscle mass and bone mass.  That's just what body does when you lose weight, it's not unique to Ozempic.  Let me quote:
"Dietary energy restriction causes weight loss and provides powerful protection against many chronic diseases. However, the catabolic state induced by calorie restriction not only affects fat tissue but it also causes undesirable catabolism of other tissues, including skeletal muscle, heart, liver, and kidney (3); many of these changes could have important functional and/or physiologic ramifications. Skeletal muscle mass decreases during weight loss from dietary restriction (2, 17), which reduces muscle strength (26) and resting metabolic rate (13). Calorie restriction causes bone loss (7, 23), which may increase fracture risk (8). Cardiac mass appears to decrease during calorie restriction (3), which may reduce maximal cardiac output and aerobic capacity."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5161655/

Oh noes, better not lose weight by eating less, I guess.  

Can that be prevented? Yes, by exercising during weight loss (Ozempic-caused or otherwise).  

But it's definitely a question of willpower.  The thing is, there are other things in my life which require willpower. Like being 6'1", for example.  Some people just don't have the willpower to be taller then average, and some people do.  
View Quote

I sincerely wished it made me binge less. Or feel full. Or feel like I felt when I had that 'illness' (I just was not interested in food, period, even when I ate it).

But you make a good point; in deficit, you do lose from everything. I wonder what of that, if any, is exacerbated by the treatment? They keep throwing that graph up as a rebuttal, but all I keep seeing (and I am math dumb) is that 1) the person still weighed less than the control, and 2) some things are chronic, and will return if you stop treating it. (shrugs)
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thanks OP.  The thing about these drugs is they work on the brain.
After a few weeks your stomach shrinks in size.  Your intestines and stomach
slow the digestive process so you feel fuller. Some insurance companies will
pay for it, especially if you are already on Metfoeman.

Personally I went from 212lbs to 194 since Super Bowl Sunday. 6’.
My wife, 5’3” went from 150 to 133.  

It took me 3 days to eat a foot long Publix Sub. I open the fridge and nothing appeals to me.
No sugar cravings.  Previously I woke up at 6:30 am and ate.  Now it’s like 10:30.
I did give up pasta and bread about 90%.  Overall I feel great!

Some say it reduces alcohol intake but I don’t really see it.
On the other hand my wife can barely sip a glass of red wine.

FYI NVO is the stock symbol.
View Quote

You sought pharmaceutical assistance to lose weight at 6’ 212lb? Your wife did the same at 5’3” 150lb?

Lord help us. There are some great exercises for people like you. Mainly fork-downs, squats, deadlifts, and bench press.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wonder if all the people that say just eat less you don't need any help just stop being fat would also tell an alcoholic to just drink one drink a day.
View Quote

Not even close to the same. Alcohol is a physical dependency and having a hardcore user stop could be life-threatening. Nothing life-threatening about putting less food into your body and lifting some weights.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife is actually going to try this as her thyroid completely failed after the birth of our first daughter and weight gain has been an issue as a result, she's tried everything from eating healthy, to keto, and is quite active in our home gym, she just can never get past the plateaus.

She's starting it on Monday, insurance is covering it as it is related to her thyroid issue. Our doc said typically he reserves prescribing this for people that are excessively obese, which my wife isn't, but agreed to put her on it as diet and exercise don't get her beyond a certain point.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife takes trulicity which is probably about the same for high blood sugar. I really wish she would control it through diet and exercise, but that wasn't working out and this was the lesser evil. I would do everything possible to not take it because I just know 5 years from now we will hear about the unknown side effects. I'm hoping she can stop using it soon.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You could just not eat as much. Rather than pay $2500 per year, you’d save money and probably live longer to enjoy the money you saved.
View Quote

Yeah I agree. I’m a diabetic and was on these GLP-1 medications for years, yes you loose weight but they’re designed to slam your blood-glucose, the weight-loss is a byproduct. You can do your own research on glp-1 inhibitors and what the research says, outside the cost they have questionable long term results.

In my case, I had a hormone-secreting tumor on my adrenal glad driving my diabetes. I had that removed and my need for diabetic medicine went away but above all I was glad to be off the Rybelsis (GLP-1 medication.)

Glad you’re loosing weight but if you don’t continue to take that medicine, you’ll just gain back the weight and long-term heath concerns are in play.

I tried like hell prior surgery to get my A1C down with just diet and exercise but had to have a cocktail of meds for control even being disciplined. If I were you I’d loose your weight the old fashioned way.

Just my 0.02
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you keep taking you will not "keep shoving chips in your face".  And by the way - losing weight by eating less will make you lose muscle mass and bone mass.   
View Quote

I'd like to see where I suggested people starve themselves...

OP, in his 2nd post on this topic talked about how he lost weight without changing his diet...
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why do you want to see that?

OP, in his 2nd post on this topic talked about how he lost weight without changing his diet...

"I didn't make any real conscious effort to change my (obviously crappy) diet."  He lost weight, because the drug made him eat less without "conscious effort".  This isn't a miracle pill that will make you lose weight, while you take in the same amount of calories.  It works by reducing your appetite, so your desire to eat is diminished.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why do you want to see that?

"I didn't make any real conscious effort to change my (obviously crappy) diet."  He lost weight, because the drug made him eat less without "conscious effort".  This isn't a miracle pill that will make you lose weight, while you take in the same amount of calories.  It works by reducing your appetite, so your desire to eat is diminished.
View Quote

if all it does is appetite suppressant, then just put pictures of fat people on your fridge door.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

if all it does is appetite suppressant, then just put pictures of fat people on your fridge door.
View Quote

What a great idea!  How come nobody ever thought of that?
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In my case, I had a hormone-secreting tumor on my adrenal glad driving my diabetes. I had that removed and my need for diabetic medicine went away but above all I was glad to be off the Rybelsis (GLP-1 medication.)

View Quote
If you're willing to share further, how did you all arrive at that conclusion? Could they see it on any kind of basic imaging (CT/MRI)?
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I find it hilarious, though, that people with diabetes (most of them fat) are complaining about other fat people for buying "their" drug. But actually, I didn't buy "their" drug, because I got a generic from a compounding pharmacy, while most diabetics are getting name brand, since insurance typically won't cover the generic.

View Quote

Insurance won't cover the generic because there is no FDA approved generic semaglutide.

There is one, uno, manufacturer of semaglutide and that's Novo Nordisk and they don't sell it to compounding pharmacies.   What you are injecting is most likely salt of semaglutide or crushed up Rybelsis pills in suspension.  

Is this from the same clinic that gave you the shitty TRT protocol?

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wonder if all the people that say just eat less you don't need any help just stop being fat would also tell an alcoholic to just drink one drink a day.
View Quote
I'm going to roll the dice and assume they are all fatties that will continue to be fat because they won't try things.

I've seen the pics. The bloated little hands larping with their guns. Dimples where knuckles should be.

Ozembic is one of the safest ways to jump start losing weight, as long as new better habits are established.  

The same group piling on the op wouldn't hesitate to take something to make their dick hard. I'm curious about the progress that the op has. I appreciate the thread.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Ozempic & Other Weight Loss Drugs | Educational Video | Biolayne
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My wife is on it to lower her A1C..she is 5'4" and went from 140 to 120 in 3 months..I call her face The O face now as she looks so gaunt...considering she still has DDD's..that weight loss in impressive
View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That certainly hasn't been a noticeable problem for me, though I life heavy a few times per week. I can squat the same 425x5 that I could before I lost 20lbs. I've also lost a commensurate amount of waist circumference, which is indicative of fat loss, not muscle loss. Would the effects be the same on a completely sedentary person that doesn't move from their couch? I'm not sure.

I simply refuse to believe that my body will store 80+ lbs of fat that it thinks it might need for a period of starvation, and then when the period of starvation comes, it uses my muscle tissue to fuel itself, the same muscle tissue I might need to "kill the mammoth for dinner."

For me, and my admitted short-term experience with it, anyway, you could not argue that I'm less healthy than I was before I took it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is further reading.

Article
Dr Attia giving a talk on it.

That certainly hasn't been a noticeable problem for me, though I life heavy a few times per week. I can squat the same 425x5 that I could before I lost 20lbs. I've also lost a commensurate amount of waist circumference, which is indicative of fat loss, not muscle loss. Would the effects be the same on a completely sedentary person that doesn't move from their couch? I'm not sure.

I simply refuse to believe that my body will store 80+ lbs of fat that it thinks it might need for a period of starvation, and then when the period of starvation comes, it uses my muscle tissue to fuel itself, the same muscle tissue I might need to "kill the mammoth for dinner."

For me, and my admitted short-term experience with it, anyway, you could not argue that I'm less healthy than I was before I took it.

Heavy strength training certainly helps preserve muscle in a calorie deficit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Seriously considered going this route, though it's probably excessive. I've tried eating healthier and more exercise, and haven't had much luck.

Two weeks ago, I missed lunch due to some busy shit at work. I realized that, because I was busy and distracted, I didn't really even notice. Since then, I've been skipping lunch. Normal breakfast, normal dinner.  Down 10 lbs. After I started losing weight, I remembered that when I was a kid, I'd usually only eat two meals a day.

I know it's not for everyone, but you need to find out what combination works for you. Some folks probably could benefit from some form of medicinal assistance; others can get by with eating less, while others yet can just be more active. That is to say, what's easy for one person to do, isn't easy for the next.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wife is actually going to try this as her thyroid completely failed after the birth of our first daughter and weight gain has been an issue as a result, she's tried everything from eating healthy, to keto, and is quite active in our home gym, she just can never get past the plateaus.

She's starting it on Monday, insurance is covering it as it is related to her thyroid issue. Our doc said typically he reserves prescribing this for people that are excessively obese, which my wife isn't, but agreed to put her on it as diet and exercise don't get her beyond a certain point.
View Quote

And she understands the black box warning on thyroid cancer?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is this from the same clinic that gave you the shitty TRT protocol?

View Quote

He mentioned a different company in the TRT thread. Interesting how many different companies he mentioned in his first few posts and first week on the site.  

Bringing up the TRT thread, his weight numbers there contradict his made up weight loss claims in this thread.  In this thread his claim was 28 days to lose 19 pounds.  TRT thread it was 120 days to lose 20 pounds.

His TRT claim was 275 day 0, 90 days he dropped to 265 and 120 days down to 255.
This thread starts with him at 268 day 0 and going by weight that would be day 63 of his TRT weight claim.  Then only 28 days later he was down to 249.  But using his TRT numbers from the line above the 28 days later would put him on day 89 of TRT protocol where he said his weight was still 265.  That is a 16 pound discrepancy in his weight claims for the exact same day between 2 different threads he posted in.

OP is full of shit and a shill.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Join date checks out (April 2023)

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#22]
So I started my current effort at losing weight January 26. Been going to the gym four days a week since then. There were two weeks where I was only able to get there three days. Mix of cardio and weights. Meal prep for the week with breakfast wraps (2 eggs, 1/4 avocado, Alice of turkey) and a small “salad” of 1/2 of avocado, beans (black or cannelloni) and tuna or canned chicken. Dinner has been a protein and usually some veggies. Doing this based off of 1500 calories/day.

Today I am at the doctors office and have lost zero pounds. I am beyond frustrated. I would hate to have to “cheat” to get results, but at 50 years old, I’m at a loss to what I’m doing wrong to see no results.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So I started my current effort at losing weight January 26. Been going to the gym four days a week since then. There were two weeks where I was only able to get there three days. Mix of cardio and weights. Meal prep for the week with breakfast wraps (2 eggs, 1/4 avocado, Alice of turkey) and a small “salad” of 1/2 of avocado, beans (black or cannelloni) and tuna or canned chicken. Dinner has been a protein and usually some veggies. Doing this based off of 1500 calories/day.

Today I am at the doctors office and have lost zero pounds. I am beyond frustrated. I would hate to have to “cheat” to get results, but at 50 years old, I’m at a loss to what I’m doing wrong to see no results.
View Quote

You probably lost fat and gained muscle. No change on the scale, but significant change in composition.

Just a guess.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I would normally like to tell myself that too, but my clothes would say differently. When I was younger my goal would always just be to increase my workouts, weight loss was an added bonus. I’m basically doing the same now, but not getting bonus if the weight/fat loss.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Update:6 Weeks in: down 27lbs. Side effects for the last 2 weeks have been a little bit of gas/bloating, typically a day or two after injecting it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

ROFL, yeah you found me out. Novo Nordisk pays me to post about their drug on random gun forums (even though I specifically mentioned a generic version as a much cheaper alternative).

Yeah, you found me out, genius.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#27]
So a bunch of state's boards of pharmacy banned the compounding and shipping of these GLP-1 drugs. Citing not only is it a polypeptide that would be considered a biologic (which cannot have generics), the salt version that they are buying for the labs is not approved for human use, and doesn't have safety and efficacy studies in humans.

So depending on the state, if you're getting the "generic" compounded. It's probably not legal.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Everyone wants to lose the excess weight at 10+ times the rate that they gained it. But just remember...
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Surprised no one covered the baldness factor yet. Credit to NA show for covering it a few shows back.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

ROFL, yeah you found me out. Novo Nordisk pays me to post about their drug on random gun forums (even though I specifically mentioned a generic version as a much cheaper alternative).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You contradict yourself between threads...so you have been caught lying in at least one thread.  How is it possible that you can lose 28 pounds in 30 days in one thread but only 20 pounds over 90 days in another thread, when those threads both talk about same timeline?  You also lied and said you did nothing different in this thread but then brag about how you started taking a bunch of testosterone in another thread.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You contradict yourself between threads...so you have been caught lying in at least one thread.  How is it possible that you can lose 28 pounds in 30 days in one thread but only 20 pounds over 90 days in another thread, when those threads both talk about same timeline?  You also lied and said you did nothing different in this thread but then brag about how you started taking a bunch of testosterone in another thread.

View Quote

Oh snap.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone familiar with or try Tirzepatide? GF's doc offered it. Supposedly similar to Wegovy/Ozempic, but less likelihood of side effects. The doc claims he's on it himself.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top