Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 54
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Whether driver or "friendly" shot him, you cannot surround and then approach a vehicle with a rifle and then be surprised about getting shot.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
He's white knighting from hell now, hope it was worth it commie
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
APD has located a third shooter. Another rioter with a handgun. (A report on KVUE)   It may be that the moron was killed by friendly fire.
View Quote
Well now I am curious.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Guess shes going to have to stand on her own !
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quadruple amputee, and girlfriend.

Huh? I'm stumped.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well now I am curious.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
APD has located a third shooter. Another rioter with a handgun. (A report on KVUE)   It may be that the moron was killed by friendly fire.
Well now I am curious.  

Plot twist! The driver wrestled the AK from the scum bag and then his Anqueefa comrade accidentally triple tapped him in the back of the head
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#6]
What is like to see is everyone who had that car stopped be charged with murder. Something about Participating in a crime and it leads to the death of one of the participants.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Huh? I'm stumped.
View Quote

I’m sure someone can lend her a hand.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The car in that situation is a big shiny thing drawing in all the protesters.  Have you not watched a single video with cars in the middle of people?  A pedestrian is just another one in hundreds of people.

Don't drive into a riot, not unless you are willing to drive THROUGH the riot.
View Quote

The car was overtaken  by the riot from behind.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Late to the party here, so it might have already been said... here's what I think happened.

The group was walking through the intersection and blocking traffic.  Guy in car honked his horn, and attempted to go around the hoard by going up onto the sidewalk ( thats when you see everyone run towards the sidewalk/car in the video) to block him.  GI Commie Joe fires his AK at the car, car follows up with handgun fire.  The sounds are quite distinctly different.

POS commie DRT!  Good shoot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]
5 x 7.62x39 misses

vs

3 x what sounds like handgun hits.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes!
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#12]
So which armor to wear while driving a sedan and getting shot at with an AK?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There are at least three or four possible scenarios where self defense looks viable, seeing how the video clearly shows the dead guy pointing his rifle at the car.
1. Dead guy pointed gun at driver for no reason, or because he thought driver was going to escape their BLM roadblock.  Got shot.
2. Dead guy saw driver was armed at their BLM  roadblock and pointed his gun at driver.  Got shot.
3. Dead guy decided driver was trying to escape their road block and fired rounds at the driver.  Got shot.
4. Dead guy decided driver was trying to escape their road block and fired warning shots into the street or somewhere.  Got shot.

The  one possible not self defense scenario.
1.  Driver pulls over, asks for directions, dead guy comes up to be helpful, carelessly flags the driver with his muzzle, driver yells, "Surprise, mother fucker" and shoots him.

Let's think which of those are most likely true.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All witness statements contain bias. Sorting through the bullshit is what makes the difference.

If Garrett fired rounds and every protestor denies it, then the question becomes where the bullets went. If he hit the car with any shots, that's abso-fuckunglutely going to come out at trial, because the protestors can't hide holes in a car. Assume that they picked up the brass he fired. Assume they lie, sure. But there will be physical evidence somewhere, unless he fired those rounds straight up into the air.

Again, my money is that the driver is going to claim he saw Garrett with a rifle, and opened fire first. Then the question is going to be whether Garrett was aiming at him or not. That's going to wind up being impossible to prove one way or another, if no further video or photo evidence comes out beyond that still frame of Garrett's arm. Prosecution can also argue that Garrett was responding to the deadly force threat of the driver pointing at him first. I have no doubt the protestors will claim that, although getting all the stories to coincide might be challenging.

Open armed groups on the street in proximity and agitating against each other is inherently dangerous. Mistakes will get made, and people wind up dead as a result. It's simply an inevitable outcome on a national scale, that for X number of armed activists encountering other armed people, Y number of shootings will occur in a given time period. Not saying it's right or wrong, or offering any judgment at all...simply pointing out the factual inevitability of such circumstances.

There are at least three or four possible scenarios where self defense looks viable, seeing how the video clearly shows the dead guy pointing his rifle at the car.
1. Dead guy pointed gun at driver for no reason, or because he thought driver was going to escape their BLM roadblock.  Got shot.
2. Dead guy saw driver was armed at their BLM  roadblock and pointed his gun at driver.  Got shot.
3. Dead guy decided driver was trying to escape their road block and fired rounds at the driver.  Got shot.
4. Dead guy decided driver was trying to escape their road block and fired warning shots into the street or somewhere.  Got shot.

1.  Driver pulls over, asks for directions, dead guy comes up to be helpful, carelessly flags the driver with his muzzle, driver yells, "Surprise, mother fucker" and shoots him.

The still image from the video is inconclusive, IMO, in determining if the rifle was raised or not.

Let's remember that it IS legal to open carry, so if the driver is to claim self defense, he's going to need more than just "guy had a slung rifle and shouting at me".

Again, scenarios in which self defense isn't going to win:

Driver drew and shot first, absent the rifle being pointed.

Driver drew and Garrett pointed his rifle, at which time driver opened fire.

We know nothing about the driver or his motivations. Don't be so quick to say that just because the dead guy was a protestor, that the shooter is automatically a Real American Hero.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm sure someone can lend her a hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh? I'm stumped.

Guys, you all need to STFU, and show some respect. You have no right to talk like that, until you walk a mile in her shoes!

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So which armor to wear while driving a sedan and getting shot at with an AK?
View Quote

An MRAP
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck anyone associating with or preaching racist hate
Fuck anyone marching with BLM at 'angry' protests at this late stage in the game
Fuck anyone who harasses a motorist
Fuck any civilian who pulls a gun on a motorist simply because he won't obey, or fires before the vehicle is actively crushing people
Fuck anyone who gets "Rest in Power" written in the newspaper story about their 'heroic' deeds
Fuck active or former servicemen who forget their oath to defend the constitution and defect to the side of racist commie tyrants

In short, fuck this guy.  And fuck anyone trying to stand up for him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The still image from the video is inconclusive, IMO, in determining if the rifle was raised or not.

Let's remember that it IS legal to open carry, so if the driver is to claim self defense, he's going to need more than just "guy had a slung rifle and shouting at me".

We know nothing about the driver or his motivations. Don't be so quick to say that just because the dead guy was a protestor, that the shooter is automatically a Real American Hero.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All witness statements contain bias. Sorting through the bullshit is what makes the difference.

If Garrett fired rounds and every protestor denies it, then the question becomes where the bullets went. If he hit the car with any shots, that's abso-fuckunglutely going to come out at trial, because the protestors can't hide holes in a car. Assume that they picked up the brass he fired. Assume they lie, sure. But there will be physical evidence somewhere, unless he fired those rounds straight up into the air.

Again, my money is that the driver is going to claim he saw Garrett with a rifle, and opened fire first. Then the question is going to be whether Garrett was aiming at him or not. That's going to wind up being impossible to prove one way or another, if no further video or photo evidence comes out beyond that still frame of Garrett's arm. Prosecution can also argue that Garrett was responding to the deadly force threat of the driver pointing at him first. I have no doubt the protestors will claim that, although getting all the stories to coincide might be challenging.

Open armed groups on the street in proximity and agitating against each other is inherently dangerous. Mistakes will get made, and people wind up dead as a result. It's simply an inevitable outcome on a national scale, that for X number of armed activists encountering other armed people, Y number of shootings will occur in a given time period. Not saying it's right or wrong, or offering any judgment at all...simply pointing out the factual inevitability of such circumstances.

I'll presume the living guy is innocent until proven guilty, thank you very much.

Especially given the track record of 'protesters' and stranded motorists involved in violence.  I think the commies are about 0:5 on legal victories in these scenarios.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Guys, you all need to STFU, and show some respect. You have no right to talk like that, until you walk a mile in her shoes!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh? I'm stumped.

At least now she gets to sit down all day.

Sorry
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I used to have a job where I could get called in.  30 minutes to arrive.  Day or night.

Fuck your idea that I shouldn't be able to drive in to the parking ramp to deal with an emergency in a timely manner.

Fuck these commies, and fuck anyone that enables them.
View Quote

The right of the citizens of Texas, to drive when and where they please, regardless of rioting mobs of communists, shall not be infringed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Life is hard.

Life is a lot harder when you're shooting at people during your "protest".
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, thank you for the AntiFA/BLM point of view on this shooting.

I ran grand juries for three years as assistant district attorney when I was right out of law school.  

I don't know about Travis County, but the driver would be no-billed pretty darned quick in the district I was in, with the dead guy and his friends, just doing what you said he did in your post, if the driver said he was in fear of his life (his belief doesn't have to be right, only reasonable).

If the driver does get indicted (and, no doubt, Austin has a reputation for returning absolutely insane indictments, so if could happen) ,when it comes  to motive of the dead guy,  the prosecutor is going to have to live with all that crazy stuff the dead guy posted about what he planned to do with that rifle.   And, it's going to get fed to him by a good defense attorney.

This is Texas.  Not New York.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OP said he thinks the guy was booted for failure to meet PT standards, and did not really seem to be getting the hang of the AF life.  The deceased served less than 2 1/2 years.
View Quote

Copy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If anything his ironic interview boasting about people being too pussy to do anything to him should serve as a cautionary tale.

Though I doubt any of his comrades learned anything

View Quote
It sounds like he was listening to the Mobys in GD too much.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck him. Not a single quadriplegic fuck given.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#33]

He was marching among Marxists and died with them.

Guilty by association.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

lol

"news" stories

View Quote

The first five shots are not only louder, the blast from them is different.
They're obviously rifle shots to anyone who's shot both.
The pistol rounds have a shorter, sharper report.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#36]

BLM is a Marxist organization. He was marching with Marxists.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm seeing a lot of people slamming the driver for going thru a riot. He should have known better, etc,

You cannot guys, the local Antifa/BLM picks an initial meetup location, usually the PD. It's only mentioned on websites under ANTIFA control   They then go mobile. That is intentional since they know EVERYONE avoids the PD after 4pm because of the violence.

They can wander all over downtown and then intent is to cause confrontation.  They do this NIGHTLY.  A hell of a lot of people live downtown. Lots of condos. It's unavoidable unless you fort up in your residence before sunset.

As for the police response, there are only 24 officers and two supervisors. These are pullled from on duty patrol across the city, reducing patrol by %20.   There are no more bodies to be had.
View Quote

If you look at the video.
The car was at the light turning right and the rioters were just approaching from the right.
there were ones and twos walking down the street ahead of the mass of stupid.
It's not like the car turned into a sea of morons, he turned and came upon a sea of morons.
And he immediately stopped.
Then when he honked his horn, the morons turned and swarmed his car.
Then you can hear him honk again and steady for several seconds before the rifle shots ring out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Rebel without a Cause?
View Quote

Rebel without a clue.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#39]
He fucked around and found out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#40]
whoever smoked him, good job..
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Rebel without a clue.
View Quote

Good one!
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Your airman was a piece of dogshit and I'm glad he's dead.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fuck anyone marching with BLM at 'angry' protests at this late stage in the game
Fuck any civilian who pulls a gun on a motorist simply because he won't obey, or fires before the vehicle is actively crushing people
Fuck anyone who gets "Rest in Power" written in the newspaper story about their 'heroic' deeds
Fuck active or former servicemen who forget their oath to defend the constitution and defect to the side of racist commie tyrants

View Quote

Sums it up nicely.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I know it's page  18 but anyone called dibs on the AK yet?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Bet he was pulling in .gov money of his own for being a caregiver to a disabled family member.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That jackass could have been living off HER SSDI, for all we know. It's probably not a bad bet.

Bet he was pulling in .gov money of his own for being a caregiver to a disabled family member.

Look at the fat fuck.

He couldn't pull a woman either.
I bet he saw an opportunity, and she would never leave him.
From the pics she's pretty cute.  So he wins compared to what he could pull with his skillz.

She's most likely on disability, he gets a caretaker stipend, she can never leave him, he can parade his white knighting around.

Pretty good racket.

And he fucked it up by being a phony tough guy instead of focusing on his primary duty to his wife.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Basically he fucked around and found out.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Slight mental disability or just on drugs?
View Quote

Airforce......
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well said
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Haven't read nor seen anything yet to make me think he wasn't a Commie. Only good Commie is a dead one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Huh? I'm stumped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quadruple amputee, and girlfriend.

Huh? I'm stumped.

"The Defense Dept. regrets to inform you that your husband is dead because he was stupid."
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top