User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's not wrong.

I worked on power gen & process construction projects for a while.  Our hipster looking designers never understood why they weren't allowed to go on bid proposal trips or site visits with us.
View Quote
This.  Most of the time they look like office clowns- and the worst is when they interject and say stupid stuff.

One of my nerd engineers asked the client on a punch walk- what is a SCIF?  

And we built over 20 of them for him.  Client looked at me like WTF??

Those nerds stay in the main office.

I want them to go to the site and interact with the crews and get to see what ramifications their design has on constructability, but  sometimes they just don’t fit in.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He's not wrong.

I worked on power gen & process construction projects for a while.  Our hipster looking designers never understood why they weren't allowed to go on bid proposal trips or site visits with us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not wrong.

I was laughing about the proffffesssionalism.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Not ok if you are under 60.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.  Most of the time they look like office clowns- and the worst is when they interject and say stupid stuff.

One of my nerd engineers asked the client on a punch walk- what is a SCIF?  

And we built over 20 of them for him.  Client looked at me like WTF??

Those nerds stay in the main office.
View Quote
Yep.  I've also worked with some brilliant designers who were great with people on conference calls.  They just refused to trim that chest length beard or tuck in a shirt though.  

I generally dress like a teenager on weekends, but I know the time and place.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes. It does.

You want your construction guys wearing air jordans?

You want a guy representing your company to roll into a jobsite with a porshe?

You want a guy that is in charge of a 15 million dollar project to roll up in a beat up chevy with taco bell wrappers all over it?

We interact with clients that decide who to spend money with and who to is going to build them their shit.  Its not grannys kitchen remodel.

You want a Beta o rouke looking dude with a flat cap and a 911 rolling up?

Anyone can BS a resume and qualifications.

Sorry to hurt your feels and individualism.

I want proffesionals representing me.

Of course I am judging job applicants.

How you dress and behave during an interview is an indicator on how serious they are, how they are organised and prepared and their judgement.

All of which is important.

I dont give a shit if they are gay, muslim, or not. Keep that shit out of the workplace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shoes they wear? What kind of car they drive and how well they maintain it? Wtf are you high on? Guess it matters to those in the closet.
Yes. It does.

You want your construction guys wearing air jordans?

You want a guy representing your company to roll into a jobsite with a porshe?

You want a guy that is in charge of a 15 million dollar project to roll up in a beat up chevy with taco bell wrappers all over it?

We interact with clients that decide who to spend money with and who to is going to build them their shit.  Its not grannys kitchen remodel.

You want a Beta o rouke looking dude with a flat cap and a 911 rolling up?

Anyone can BS a resume and qualifications.

Sorry to hurt your feels and individualism.

I want proffesionals representing me.

Of course I am judging job applicants.

How you dress and behave during an interview is an indicator on how serious they are, how they are organised and prepared and their judgement.

All of which is important.

I dont give a shit if they are gay, muslim, or not. Keep that shit out of the workplace.
Way to twist it around bud. The title of the post and first sentence shows your main focus.

Stay edgy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Way to twist it around bud. The title of the post and first sentence shows your main focus.

Stay edgy.
View Quote
Flat hats are for old men and euros. Younger dudes that I have encountered wearing them were idiots.

Does that clarify it for you bub?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Flat hats are for old men and euros. Younger dudes that I have encountered wearing them were idiots.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay edgy.

I can't fathom having my panties in a wad so tight over someone's specific headwear choice that I'd feel compelled to make a thread dedicated to it
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I can't fathom having my panties in a wad so tight over someone's specific headwear choice that I'd feel compelled to make a thread dedicated to it
View Quote
Whats worse? Me being triggered by a hat and making a thread, or someone taking the time to talk shit about me making a thread? Or me talking shit about you talking shit and I talk more shit?

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like when you're in a 911 turbo cab....lol. Good for you champ.
I don't get why this is funny
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top