BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like 98 percent responsibility falls on the user. There are the rare exceptions when people become hooked because of prescribed drugs, but theyre the exception not the rule.

I've never done drugs. I've been offered them, but never used them. As a result, I've never had any of these problems.

Legalize everything.
View Quote
I've been on opioids following surgery on more than one occasion. I took less than prescribed, and haven't had a problem since. It's a classic supply and demand situation.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Except antibiotics those should still need a prescription and ban narcan outside of hospitals.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nope.
View Quote
coupled with the reduction in illegal immigration and hopefully also a reduction in human trafficking, raping of women and children the cartels are engaging in, I'm willing to take a chance that securing our southern boarder might have a slight reduction in drug importation. It can't make it worse.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I saw the President's speech today and as someone who's had 4 major abdominal surgeries in one year, a 7 day script for Hydrocodone just won't cut it.
View Quote
That does really piss me off fucking over the people who need it because of druggies. I’ve had 4 back surgeries and ankle reconstruction so know what I’m talking about as well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How do you feel about murder for hire?  Say your professor has it in for you, can you have him wacked?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capitalism disagrees with you.
How do you feel about murder for hire?  Say your professor has it in for you, can you have him wacked?
You don't quite get markets, do you?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, is it an "opioid crisis" or just people looking to get high on anything.
How many of the deaths are actually an opioid vs some synthetic elephant or horse tranquilizer?
Most of the deaths are NOT people with a prescription but street drugs, so how is tightening up on pain meds going to affect this?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Demand can be created through marketing and coercion.

Kids were not dying left and right from opioids 20 years ago.

The recent demand has been created by designer synthetic opioids that are exponentially more potent than street heroin from the 1990's.

Middle school kids do not get the idea to try opioids unless street dealers are pushing the stuff.

Think about alcohol and tobacco advertising.

Illegal drugs are promoted in a similar manner. Free samples, music events, clubs, etc.
You're kidding right? 80's and 90's tons of people were dying from heroin. It was huge. This is just a swingback from all the meth users of the late 90s and 2000s because opiates got cheaper.
Wrong.
https://image.slidesharecdn.com/salemclinicpresentation-170114221157/95/salem-clinic-presentation-6-638.jpg?cb=1484431971
That chart doesn’t appear to be calculated on a per capita basis the population has increased a lot since then.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
People are weak. You included, dear reader. Every time you eat an extra cookie, or drink a little too much beer, or say something you regret soon after.  We’re a lot less rational and in control than we like to think. Add that to collapsing society (it’s not a coincidence that this epidemic is worst in places that are economically depressed and broadly despised by the rest of the country ), a broader culture of immediate gratification and sensation seeking constructed by advertising and marketing to take advantage of all of those inherent human ‘weaknesses’, and a limitless supply of really cheap, incredibly potent drugs - it’s surprising there aren’t more junkies.

This is like the Indians drinking themselves to death on the reservation. A defeated people with no opportunities and nowhere to go poisoning themselves to death.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The question isn't who is to blame.....

The question is does the nation have the right to tellnits citizens what they can ingest.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That does really piss me off fucking over the people who need it because of druggies. I’ve had 4 back surgeries and ankle reconstruction so know what I’m talking about as well.
View Quote
I haven't found an announcement of limiting prescriptions to 7 days.  Can you point me to some information on this?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

coupled with the reduction in illegal immigration and hopefully also a reduction in human trafficking, raping of women and children the cartels are engaging in, I'm willing to take a chance that securing our southern boarder might have a slight reduction in drug importation. It can't make it worse.
View Quote
Illegal immigration has completely fucked my state over. If anti-drug hysteria gets us a big wall and more money for ICE then so be it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The recent demand has been created by designer synthetic opioids that are exponentially more potent than street heroin from the 1990's.

Middle school kids do not get the idea to try opioids unless street dealers are pushing the stuff.

Illegal drugs are promoted in a similar manner. Free samples, music events, clubs, etc.
View Quote
Choose your friends wisely.

Make everything legal.

Then show your kids pictures and stories of drug addicts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Question for ya, in two parts:

This is hypothetical, not mean to be an insult or demeaning, but for the sake of argument, let's say you are an alcoholic, or addicted to nicotine, and I mean like a three pack a day habit.

Tomorrow, with the stroke of a pen, all stores in the U.S. suddenly stop selling alcohol and nicotine, flat out.

A:  Do you think that means no one will sell illegal alcohol and nicotine in shady and potentially dangerous ways?

and

B:  Are you going to up and say "well, that's that then, guess I won't be drinking/smoking ever again.  Shucks," or are you going to go right ahead and buy what you want/need illegally?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cartels are responsible for drug use in the same way the grocery stores and restaurants are responsible for obesity.
This is true; but we can close the drug grocery store.

This is hypothetical, not mean to be an insult or demeaning, but for the sake of argument, let's say you are an alcoholic, or addicted to nicotine, and I mean like a three pack a day habit.

Tomorrow, with the stroke of a pen, all stores in the U.S. suddenly stop selling alcohol and nicotine, flat out.

A:  Do you think that means no one will sell illegal alcohol and nicotine in shady and potentially dangerous ways?

and

B:  Are you going to up and say "well, that's that then, guess I won't be drinking/smoking ever again.  Shucks," or are you going to go right ahead and buy what you want/need illegally?
You forgot option C: Suckin dick for menthols.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good point, hadn't even considered that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Three choices:
1. We all live by what amounts to the rules of a prison camp to try to keep druggies from doing their druggie thing.

2. We spend unbelievable sums to treat this minority of druggies like kings and queens: endless free therapy, spa vacations at recovery centers, no consequences for crimes because they're "addicts", etc.

3. Freedom. Use whatever drugs, or not. The government is out of the business of telling you what to do. BUT: you must support yourself, pay for your own spa vacations when you feel the need to dry out, and be held accountable for crimes you commit while loaded or to further your addiction, or support your lifestyle because you can't hold a job.

I pick 3.
Especially since option one doesn't even work----there are plenty of drugs in prison.
Good point, hadn't even considered that.
And don’t forget toilet wine, where there is a will there is a way.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Is 50k deaths really an epidemic?

There are 88k alcohol related deaths each year.  

Is there an alcohol epidemic?

If so, should we repeal the 21st amendment.

Should we blame InBev or other manufacturers?

If 88k people die form alcohol does that mean I can’t have a beer.

If we needed the 18th amendment to make alcohol illegal, what amendment gives the federal government the authority to prohibit drugs? (Hint, there isn’t one)

If they really wanted to stop usage, they would carpet bomb every poppy field in Afghanistan instead of providing security for them. Subsidize the Afghans to grow something else.

Legalize everything, including darwining yourself.  

At least it would be cheaper than the drug war.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Civilization HAS to work for the decent people who make IT work, or it won't endure.

At this point, we have reached a stage where it is the druggies, or the rest of us. You can't take any more money out of my pocket for this shit.
View Quote
The opiod abuse boom isn't the .1% or inner city criminals. Insofar as it can be culturally localized, it's working class and middle class whites, often rural, fucked up on modern bureaucracy, nihilism and echoes of the oncoming post-labor economy.

That's why responses are mixed. Cultures who formerly considered themselves mutually exclusive with druggie scum are learning the premises for their moral superiority were or have become wrong.

That's why Trump is addressing it - it's his base.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I didn't hear his speech.  What is he advocating?  A maximum prescription of 7 days for pain relief?  I hope this isn't real.  My wife uses Hydrocodone for back pain.  Has for years.  No increase in usage and not a junkie by any means.  It already sucks she has to see the doc every month to renew what they know is for pain.

And I sympathize with the ab surgery.  I've had two and likely going back for surgery to repair hernias caused by the original one that didn't stay fixed by the second one.  Not worried about pain pills.  heck they were giving them to me like candy and I have plenty left over.
View Quote
Most of these amount restrictions are for initial prescriptions of opiates with exceptions for people like myself with chronic ongoing pain that stay with the normal 30 day scripts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Its pretty bad down here. every few weeks I hear about someone else dying... some people will just say "my cousin died while using, she was trying to kick it" other say "they just went to sleep and didn't wake up" when they're too embarrassed to say they were using but you know what they mean.

the reality is, if breaking bad had been about Heroin rather then Meth it would have been accurate for the state.

Naloxone is now an OTC at walgreens here. seriously. I don't even live in a shitty poor area by any means and I see needles, spoons all over the place. any park I go by I have to watch out when walking my dog in some places to make sure he doesn't step on a needle. I know it ain't the diabetics tossing them out at the park and under the over passes. I stopped to check something on a car under an over pass one day, needles everywhere...

Will slowing it at the border stop people who wanna do drugs? no, people are dumb and want to get fucked up, but it might make it more difficult for some to even get started in the first place. the cartels switched gears when weed started getting grown in the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no data to back up my claim but I think it's just another overblown mostly made up media crap.
Its pretty bad down here. every few weeks I hear about someone else dying... some people will just say "my cousin died while using, she was trying to kick it" other say "they just went to sleep and didn't wake up" when they're too embarrassed to say they were using but you know what they mean.

the reality is, if breaking bad had been about Heroin rather then Meth it would have been accurate for the state.

Naloxone is now an OTC at walgreens here. seriously. I don't even live in a shitty poor area by any means and I see needles, spoons all over the place. any park I go by I have to watch out when walking my dog in some places to make sure he doesn't step on a needle. I know it ain't the diabetics tossing them out at the park and under the over passes. I stopped to check something on a car under an over pass one day, needles everywhere...

Will slowing it at the border stop people who wanna do drugs? no, people are dumb and want to get fucked up, but it might make it more difficult for some to even get started in the first place. the cartels switched gears when weed started getting grown in the US.
It’s still a drop in the bucket 50,000 people in a country of 321,000,000 who gives a fuck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Most of these amount restrictions are for initial prescriptions of opiates with exceptions for people like myself with chronic ongoing pain that stay with the normal 30 day scripts.
View Quote
Thanks goodness.  It's already a PITA for her.  Used to get 3 months at a pop.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I haven't found an announcement of limiting prescriptions to 7 days.  Can you point me to some information on this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if a trump mentioned it in the speech but that’s the “popular” solution in a lot of states staring with Gov. Krispy Kreme in New Jersey. They normally have exceptions for people with chronic pain and the restrictions are for initial prescriptions for opiates.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My doc just changed from giving me a 90 day script with 2 refills to 3 individual 30 day prescriptions with the fill date written on them. This way I still only go in every 90 days she might ask if that’s an option. I take Hysingla though which is a time release version of hydrocodone so it might be different for instant release versions.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It’s still a drop in the bucket 50,000 people in a country of 321,000,000 who gives a fuck.
View Quote
No one, if you're a Silicon Valley leftist who actually contributes to the economy. Biotech doctorates and self-made venture capitalists in big cities don't have these problems.

If you're a small town right winger, perhaps a coal miner who's been obsoleted by natural gas and solar or a veteran on VA benefits... someone with a self-image built on railing against parasites, who has become one against their will on account of making 95-100IQ tier life choices...then it's a problem.

Capitalists have little sympathy for deplorables. Flag-waving populists love em.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

As a guy with over a decade "fighting" the WOD, I can tell you you don't know very much about the trade.

Or, really, the market in general---but that tends to happen when people get emotionally invested in a subject.  (Check out a "price gouging" thread some time.)

I mean, you wanna check out the freest market there is, study the black market in drugs.
View Quote
I would like more information.  Close to death, then things get interesting over here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not sure if a trump mentioned it in the speech but that’s the “popular” solution in a lot of states staring with Gov. Krispy Kreme in New Jersey. They normally have exceptions for people with chronic pain and the restrictions are for initial prescriptions for opiates.
View Quote
Hope it doesn't impact my wife.  I can see being stricter with surgeons who prescribe.  I recall when I returned to America after 3 months overseas following knee replacements.  They gave me a LOT of meds for pain for the 3 month trip.  I NEEDED the oxycodone at first to move, play golf or sleep at night.  After 3 months I liked it but meh.  I came home I still had plenty but wondered if I should stop.  When  I called his prescribing PA before I could say anything she asks me if I needed to renew the script. I'm like whoa.  Let's discuss if I should still be taking it.  We decided not and I stopped.

That's the shit that needs to stop.  People with verifiable long term pain shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get relief.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#26]
How bout the drug companies who lie to docs telling them their new narcotic pain meds aren't addictive? Then cut everyone off after blowback (planned crisis?).

Which way western junky?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Both.

I want the National Guard on the border. Fuck 'em, you get one warning shot, if you dont turn a 180° and start running you get some .30 cal holes.
View Quote
I see your warning shot and raise you one minefield and no warning shot. But I like where you're going.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Suppliers can’t force consumption; that’s all on the user.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Actually the habits starts at Walgreens or CVS, not Mexican cartels.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capitalism disagrees with you.
Actually, I do.  The difference here is that people view murder as unacceptable and don’t view drugs with the same level of social stigma. Because there is a high social stigma for murder vary few engage in it. If there were the same level of social stigma for drugs very few people would engage in it too.  The real consideration is is the activity illegal? Both are illegal; but one isn’t enforced as hard as the other.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Actually the habits starts at Walgreens or CVS, not Mexican cartels.
View Quote
Per my quick googling this is true.  I know for myself I liked them when I was on them.  I can see the attraction for them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Actually, I do.  The difference here is that people view murder as unacceptable and don’t view drugs with the same level of social stigma. Because there is a high social stigma for murder vary few engage in it. If there were the same level of social stigma for drugs very few people would engage in it too.  The real consideration is is the activity illegal? Both are illegal; but one isn’t enforced as hard as the other.
View Quote
Murder is an act.   Drugs are objects.

While both of those things are illegal (broadly speaking), you're comparing apples and rottweilers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If a professor is such a colossal dick, that students would actually be willing to hire someone to kill him - then yes, the market WILL provide a solution.  It might be more than the wronged student wants to pay, but the supply/demand equilibrium will be available.

... or, you know, an FBI sting.  

Note that I am NOT talking about legality or morality here, but purely about market forces. If you are willing to pay enough money to kill someone, there will be someone somewhere willing to sell you that service.
View Quote
I agree with you. In my original post I was saying that there are two groups here, the users and the suppliers. We lack the social will to kill the users; but we don’t lack the social will to kill the suppliers who are part of a transnational drug cartel. Remove the supply and the problem goes away.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

While both of those things are illegal (broadly speaking), you're comparing apples and rottweilers.
View Quote
The sale of drugs are an act too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I agree with you. In my original post I was saying that there are two groups here, the users and the suppliers. We lack the social will to kill the users; but we don’t lack the social will to kill the suppliers who are part of a transnational drug cartel. Remove the supply and the problem goes away.
View Quote
They have been trying for years.  And all they have done is create a massive narco trade with so much profit there are people willing to kill and die to reap the benefits.  At some point when progress isn't visible maybe the strategy should be called into question.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Of course, the US military has had a bit of an opportunity to destroy poppy crops in Afghanistan over the last 15 years. Just sayin.
View Quote
And yet, the production has increased overwhelmingly.  Could that be because a significant portion of the US economy is as dependent on the drug money as the druggies are on the drugs?

I doubt it. The US government would never engage in the importation and distribution of chemicals to make a fucking boat load of dough.  They are so ethical, it wouldn't even cross their collective minds.

I feel better now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

90-95% of opioids in the U.S. come from Mexico.
View Quote

Like manufactured in a pharmaceutical plant in Mexico?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cartels are responsible for drug use in the same way the grocery stores and restaurants are responsible for obesity.

and

I ain't gay, but $20 is $20.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Bulllllllllshit.

The whole "hey kid, try this... all the cool kids are doing it" stereotype was a load of crap dreamed up by the idiots pushing "Just Say No" propaganda.

People are curious by nature and if they hear someone say "this pill makes you feel good", a significant number of folks want to try it just to see what it's like.  Just the name "painkiller" is enough to make people want to try it and everybody has a mom, dad, aunt, uncle, or grandparent who has commented about painkillers at some point and it's never "oh those are terrible, don't ever try them because they make you feel bad!"

Do you really think kids need to be pursuaded to try alochol, nicotine, or narcotics?  That's like saying nobody would want sugar or sex if not for effective advertising.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bulllllllllshit.

The whole "hey kid, try this... all the cool kids are doing it" stereotype was a load of crap dreamed up by the idiots pushing "Just Say No" propaganda.

People are curious by nature and if they hear someone say "this pill makes you feel good", a significant number of folks want to try it just to see what it's like.  Just the name "painkiller" is enough to make people want to try it and everybody has a mom, dad, aunt, uncle, or grandparent who has commented about painkillers at some point and it's never "oh those are terrible, don't ever try them because they make you feel bad!"

Do you really think kids need to be pursuaded to try alochol, nicotine, or narcotics?  That's like saying nobody would want sugar or sex if not for effective advertising.
Very much this OP. I take it you didn't go to high school around the late 90s and forwards?(OP stated age already) Most of the people getting kids hooked on drugs are their "friends"/people they hang out with. I get that you want to believe that Americans are stronger and more resistant to this issue and that the foreigner that makes and supply the drugs over here are 100% to blame. But when you have tv shows, movies, friends, and even role models saying that everyone did weed or drugs and turned out fine then you get kids start thinking about it then acting on it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They have been trying for years.  And all they have done is create a massive narco trade with so much profit there are people willing to kill and die to reap the benefits.  At some point when progress isn't visible maybe the strategy should be called into question.
View Quote
Obama tried for years to end ISIS, at least he said he was.  Trump said he was going to distroyed ISIS and Sec Mathis did it in a few months.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There isn’t much we can do about weak minded people.  There is a whole lot we can do about transnational drug cartels. I say, let SoD Mathis solve the problem under the clear and present danger doctrine.  He can ISIS then out of business.
View Quote
Much like North Korea, the only thing worse than the shitty status quo in Mexico is the long slog through anarchy and economic ruin that would follow the inevitable collapse of the nation should we forcibly remove our problem.

They let El Chapo go so he'd calm the cartel wars that follow every time they lock him up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

OMG A CRISIS!!!!

Wait, why wasn't this "OMG A CRISIS!" 10 years ago in 2007 where that very sinister graph stops?  I'm sure it's not because certain forces in the govmedia decided to recently start banging the drum for another push in the WoD.
View Quote
you say crisis. i say, self correcting problem
why is this a problem again?
junkies(typically people who have 0 benefit to society) kill themselves off, especially with fentanol being introduced these days.

teach your kids about the realities of drugs. not the DARE bullshit that was fed to us in the 2000s. i had a health teacher tell a class of sophmores that if they are considering smoking weed, they should do heroin instead, as its safer. idk if this was some pathetic attempt to scare kids from smoking pot. The truth is the only way to win. as the internet will prove more than enough data to back up reality
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think I saw the article on here but someone made an argument that it was the partially the pill distributer's fault.  Wouldn't report suspicious orders.
View Quote
Got to make that sales quota or you won't get that end of year vacation with the 'C' level staff. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For my kid?   Yeah, I'd intervene... by raising them well enough in the first place to have the wherewithal to make the right choices in life.

Your kid?    That's your responsibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess when drugs are pushed to teenagers I tend to place most of the blame on dealers.

Opioid dealers often get people hooked on pills and then convince a user that IV is cheaper, easier whatever once that person is hooked.

Often they give pills away for free at parties knowing that they'll create new customers.

If a 30 year old Mexican was selling cheap moonshine to your middle school child would you say f*ck it and let the kid get blacked out every weekend or would you intervene?
For my kid?   Yeah, I'd intervene... by raising them well enough in the first place to have the wherewithal to make the right choices in life.

Your kid?    That's your responsibility.
who the hell is giving away pills for free? certainly not illegitimate dealers.
if by "dealer" you mean wallgreens, CVS, etc etc then yes you are correct.
pain pills are expensive as hell on the black market.
the ones getting people hooked are the doctors and pharmacies. my buddy broke his leg falling down a flight of stairs at a icy train station, they prescribed him 100 pills. my Dr friend said that he should have only gotten half or a quarter that. then used OTC meds. he got a refill for 100 more because he didnt ask for it, so the dr gave it to him as he didnt exhibit "drug seeker" tenancies.

at the end of the day, its the patients who are making the mistakes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When someone sells something, the buyer is getting what they want. Using the drug is doing something to themselves. All of it is voluntary. 

When someone hires someone to commit murder, the person to be murdered isn't voluntarily a part of it. When the person is killed, it's something done to someone else. 

It's equating masturbation to rape. It isn't the same. It's a dumb argument. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw the President's speech today and as someone who's had 4 major abdominal surgeries in one year, a 7 day script for Hydrocodone just won't cut it.
I’ve had knee surgery, collar bone surgery, and esophagus surgery. I refuse to take the pills.

Sure, it was hard to sleep during knee surgery and I woke up every time I moved my leg. Before and after collar bone surgery it hurt every time I took a breath. Esophagus surgery was a constant pain, but I’d rather not sleep than ever get hooked on pills.

I’ve dealt with to many people hooked on pills to take them. I’d rather suffer silently.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I guess when drugs are pushed to teenagers I tend to place most of the blame on dealers.

Opioid dealers often get people hooked on pills and then convince a user that IV is cheaper, easier whatever once that person is hooked.

Often they give pills away for free at parties knowing that they'll create new customers.

If a 30 year old Mexican was selling cheap moonshine to your middle school child would you say f*ck it and let the kid get blacked out every weekend or would you intervene?
View Quote
Lol tell us more about how it works
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You're kidding right? 80's and 90's tons of people were dying from heroin. It was huge. This is just a swingback from all the meth users of the late 90s and 2000s because opiates got cheaper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just asked my doctor about the opiod problem, he said it has always been here, just getting more press now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
so this gives Sessions something to do besides getting the clintons in the clink?
View Quote
Boom.gif
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, we just need another 20 trillion dollars and three or four more decades, and we'll get 'em all shut down.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top