BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Page Four Says:

I blame the Pharmaceutical Cartels that dump millions of dollars in to banning safer alternatives like Kratom.

The entire budget for DEA's Diversion/Enforcement/Control Division is funded by fees from "Narcotics Licenses" that Doctors pay for to be able to prescribe Pharmaceutical Narcotics.

You think that the DEA and the Pharmaceutical Corporations want to have budget cuts, layoffs and loss of employment? Hell no.

THAT is why we have an Opioid Crisis. We have an Opioid Crisis because the DEA and Pharmaceutical Companies make money from an Opioid Crisis...it's job security.

The Communist/Feminist Revolution that created a nation full of broken homes and an entire self-hating generation of children helped, too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw the President's speech today and as someone who's had 4 major abdominal surgeries in one year, a 7 day script for Hydrocodone just won't cut it.
View Quote
Quoted for truth. I've been fighting with Blue Cross for a week over a prescription from my orthopedic surgeon. People who handle their pain medication responsibly are being punished for the actions of lawbreakers. They'll eventually fill it--meanwhile, I'm saving my very last pill for when the osteoarthritis in my ankle becomes unbearable.

If you're going to fight the war on drugs, which is stupid anyway, maybe don't start out with the woman who averages 1 Norco pill every three days...
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Of course, the US military has had a bit of an opportunity to destroy poppy crops in Afghanistan over the last 15 years. Just sayin.
View Quote
Unfortunately, that won’t solve the problem.

Fentanyl and other synthetic opiates don’t require poppies to manufacture like heroin does so the market would simply shift 100% to those synthetic drugs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Big pharma
View Quote
This, plus its a multi-part problem.

Over prescription of medication.
Use of medication as a coping mechanism.
Suppliers.

ETA Almost Forgot:

Fucking Junkies.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is true; but we can close the drug grocery store.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cartels are responsible for drug use in the same way the grocery stores and restaurants are responsible for obesity.
This is true; but we can close the drug grocery store.
1 gram of Carfentanyl = 100 grams Fentanyl = 5 kilograms of heroin

How do you stop 1 gram of Carfentanyl from being smuggled?  You can’t.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Blame the Afghans and druggies here.
View Quote
I blame the CIA!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The sale of drugs are an act too.
View Quote
So is eating hamburgers.  

You're still comparing apples and rottweilers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I blame both.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Blame the idiots I worked with that went along with big pharmas push to treat pain as a vital sign with the most powerful and addicting drugs. Blame hospitals that punished staff when patients gave a bad review on satisfaction studies because they didnt have their pain treated completely. If all of the studies point to using pain meds to increase discharge and rehab times maybe people should question the results on what is considered “discharged and rehab”.  I never saw one single fucking study about limiting pain admin to reduce recidivism for refills and long term health of discharged patients. All we saw for ambulance crews were that the “patient felt better” and they used old studies with the same complaints about wanting pills from previous years and patted themselves on the back because people loved fentanyl . I refused and still refuse to administer pain meds except for extreme cases. Its amazing . All of my patients made it to the ed alive! Pain meds have crippled  killed and delayed getting better way fucking more than limiting the use. Any one in the medical field can see that with half a brain . Most just toe the party line. And this is the result
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fentanyl and other synthetic opiates don’t require poppies to manufacture like heroin does so the market would simply shift 100% to those synthetic drugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course, the US military has had a bit of an opportunity to destroy poppy crops in Afghanistan over the last 15 years. Just sayin.

A lot of it already has that’s part of the reason for the spike in ods dealers cutting their product with fentanyl and putting too much in.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Thankfully I haven't had to experience this with anyone I know.

I'm not going to blame the pharma for the cartels pushing this shit across the border. I think pain management needs to be better controlled by doctors. I feel bad for people with legit needs that end up spiraling. I almost think with any opioid prescription, there needs to be a consistent followup or formal detox by the doctor, to help people control their way off those meds.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is one hell of an LD50.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thankfully I haven't had to experience this with anyone I know.

I'm not going to blame the pharma for the cartels pushing this shit across the border. I think pain management needs to be better controlled by doctors. I feel bad for people with legit needs that end up spiraling. I almost think with any opioid prescription, there needs to be a consistent followup or formal detox by the doctor, to help people control their way off those meds.
View Quote
The reason its coming across is demand.  The reason demand is there is aftershock of pain clinics being shut down. Hospitals fill this need now which was created by big pharma.  I spent 15 years on the ambulance and only started using Narcan on a regular basis after pain clinics shut down and heroin came back. You NEVER saw heroin OD till pain clinics closed. Methadone was given to get people off this crap doctors perscribed as the suggestion of all these companies going to the offices and giving out pamplets and samples. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Obama tried for years to end ISIS, at least he said he was.  Trump said he was going to distroyed ISIS and Sec Mathis did it in a few months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have been trying for years.  And all they have done is create a massive narco trade with so much profit there are people willing to kill and die to reap the benefits.  At some point when progress isn't visible maybe the strategy should be called into question.
Obama tried for years to end ISIS, at least he said he was.  Trump said he was going to distroyed ISIS and Sec Mathis did it in a few months.
I surrender.  Every mammal on the planet evinces a desire to alter their mental state to one with a higher level of dopamines, some via sex, some via exertion, some with caffeine, some with sugar, some with nicotine, some with alcohol, some with extraneous carbohydrates, some with simple contact, some with cocaine, some with opiates, etc., but you know what, yeah, Trump will probably be able to fix it all.  I mean, Trump's noted love of McDonald's Filet-O-Fish is something else entirely, and we can whup this drug thing in no time!

I mean, I may have spent my entire adult life fighting the war on (some) drugs, but Trump is gonna win this thing!  Hands down!

Yeah!

(sotto voce....retard)
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I blame the federal government 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it is, and it wouldn't be a problem that is risking the lives of LE, EMS, and FD medics, except for the current panic in the media affecting the stupid WOD.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes, it is, and it wouldn't be a problem that is risking the lives of LE, EMS, and FD medics, except for the current panic in the media affecting the stupid WOD.
View Quote
I have no problem with people using legit prescription pharmaceuticals for conditions that require them. There are some people who really can't function without something that strong to help them numb pain.

Problem I have is with Pharmaceutical Companies who aren't happy with their existing customer base and do their best to crush any other possible alternative. Meaning, if someone could get by with Marijuana or Kratom...the Pharma Cartel can't stand it, so they use use the "war on drugs" to crush their competition instead of themselves. It's weaponized politics.  

If they had been successful and I didn't still have access to Kratom...and wasn't able to work in order to support my 3 year old while dealing with this pain, I'd probably be a customer of theirs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I surrender.  Every mammal on the planet evinces a desire to alter their mental state to one with a higher level of dopamines, some via sex, some via exertion, some with caffeine, some with sugar, some with nicotine, some with alcohol, some with extraneous carbohydrates, some with simple contact, some with cocaine, some with opiates, etc., but you know what, yeah, Trump will probably be able to fix it all.  I mean, Trump's noted love of McDonald's Filet-O-Fish is something else entirely, and we can whup this drug thing in no time!

I mean, I may have spent my entire adult life fighting the war on (some) drugs, but Trump is gonna win this thing!  Hands down!

Yeah!

(sotto voce....retard)
View Quote
To be fair, opioids are the very first drugs that humans get exposed to. Google "casomorphin." It's a substance in natural human breast milk...and it's one reason why opioids are such a predisposed weakness for us. Hell, it may even explain modern culture's weirdly psychotic adoration for feminism and allegedly female humans...
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
True.  But unless you want a Phillipines version of KGB execution in the street brand of justice you won't stop something like this.  Too much money and unlike ISIS they aren't trying to defend territory or take more - just work in the shadows.

And believe me - you really don't want Duerte style police here.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I’ve had knee surgery, collar bone surgery, and esophagus surgery. I refuse to take the pills.

Sure, it was hard to sleep during knee surgery and I woke up every time I moved my leg. Before and after collar bone surgery it hurt every time I took a breath. Esophagus surgery was a constant pain, but I’d rather not sleep than ever get hooked on pills.

I’ve dealt with to many people hooked on pills to take them. I’d rather suffer silently.
View Quote
Fair enough.  I've had two partial knee replacements (same day).  There was no way I could have walked or done therapy without something to edge the pain.  There is nothing wrong with taking opiates for legitimate pain.  And my hats off to you that you can grit your teeth and pass on them.  I can't and won't.  Opiates have a legitimate purpose in pain management.  Stricter controls have been put into place now and perhaps more are needed to crosscheck that several doctors aren't all prescribing to the same patient.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#21]
itt: a bunch of boomers who have no idea what they're talking about for the most part  
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Any statistics on how many addicts started from prescriptions?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Actually, I do.  The difference here is that people view murder as unacceptable and don’t view drugs with the same level of social stigma. Because there is a high social stigma for murder vary few engage in it. If there were the same level of social stigma for drugs very few people would engage in it too.  The real consideration is is the activity illegal? Both are illegal; but one isn’t enforced as hard as the other.
View Quote
I would be willing to bet that there are more policemen assigned to Narcotics Squads than to Homicide Squads.

I would also be willing to bet that "novel" is both an apt and a charitable word to describe the assertion that social stigma is a significant deterrent to murder.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Remove the supply and the problem goes away.
View Quote
I don't think that's true. I think that if we woke up tomorrow and the supply of all opiates, cannabis, meth, and what-have-you were gone, it would be replaced within 90 days at the outside by new drugs and/or new suppliers, new importation methods, new makers, new distributors, new traffickers, and new dealers. The demand for intoxicants has been present in all societies since the Fall. That demand is not necessarily inelastic, but it is ineradicable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I think we have an Opioid Crisis because crises are good for business if your business is government or news. The shine wore off whatever the last crisis was, and "Opioid" was next on the list, so here we are.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I guess when drugs are pushed to teenagers I tend to place most of the blame on dealers.

Opioid dealers often get people hooked on pills and then convince a user that IV is cheaper, easier whatever once that person is hooked.

Often they give pills away for free at parties knowing that they'll create new customers.

If a 30 year old Mexican was selling cheap moonshine to your middle school child would you say f*ck it and let the kid get blacked out every weekend or would you intervene?
View Quote
If your child is drinking cheap Mexican moonshine , the problem arose long before he met the 30 year old Mexican
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If your child is drinking cheap Mexican moonshine , the problem arose long before he met the 30 year old Mexican
View Quote
EXACTLY. When my kids were in middle school they drank nothing but Veuve Clicquot.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Drugs are bad.

Don't take illicit drugs or abuse prescribed drugs.

This is not a crisis.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#29]
There's a hole in some people's heart. Opioids fills it.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top