Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Monolithic not geodesic domes, and someone linked to the old but not archived (and still getting recent posts as of a month ago!) thread in one of the current threads on the fires, or a thread that was covering the riots/fires/looting...I am following a few threads covering all this craziness going on, and cannot recall exactly where I saw it, but that thread on the domes has been a good read so far...lots to consider...anyway, here is the link

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Outdoors/monolthic-domes-paging-1-big-bunker/17-625006/?page=1

And it looks like the arfcommer is 1_Big_Bunker...not sure he is still active atm...but I am still working my way through that thread. I need more hours in the day to keep up with everything!
View Quote

Neato!

They stop 5000lbs bombs & 30.06!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well, there's no mistaking what this guy is doing.  Now, he just has to be connected to ANTIFA or BLM.  I'll just wait while the investigative journalists in the media get right on that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arson caught on video.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ClownWorldNews1/status/1305644823517392897?s=20[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/ClownWorldNews1/status/1305644823517392897?s=20

Well, there's no mistaking what this guy is doing.  Now, he just has to be connected to ANTIFA or BLM.  I'll just wait while the investigative journalists in the media get right on that.

So far most of the arsonists look like tweakers. Most listed weights for these guys are under 120lbs.

If there is a connection it’s probably going to be someone gave them a bag of dope to light shit on fire.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

But concrete tile and stucco are things that don't burn.

The biggest bitch are the windows. When the heat of the fire causes the glass to expand it shatters. Once there's a hole in the building it's in danger.
View Quote

I’m sure you could design an insulated metal shutter system that would mitigate that possibility.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So far most of the arsonists look like tweakers. Most listed weights for these guys are under 120lbs.

If there is a connection it’s probably going to be someone gave them a bag of dope to light shit on fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arson caught on video.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ClownWorldNews1/status/1305644823517392897?s=20[/tweet]

Many don't need a thing other than what they see as fo time to go and do some crimes. Simply put, riots, arson, looting, etc, attract the criminally insane.

They aren't commies; they're criminals without an agenda. Commies love this stuff as they easily get non communists doing their dirty work for them without traceable connections, and without the knowledge of the useful idiots who can't squeal because they know nothing about why they're acting other than to go do some crimes.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arson caught on video.

The homeless constantly started fires in the winter.  Wouldn't take much to motivate them now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plausible deniability — we didn’t start fires, these tweakers we gave meth to did
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Pretty good evidence of antifa and blm involvement here. https://twitter.com/q_galt/status/1305363405176332289

https://twitter.com/q_galt/status/1305363405176332289
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I think we're at day 10 with this smoke and Wednesday is just as bad as any day. Going to need new filters in all vehicles and house. We need rain and wind...
Working around my house outside and using N95's.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#10]
anybody have info on Jacksonville Oregon?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Just got a weather alert. Possible rain today and flash-flooding for the burn zones.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Why is Climate Change not leaking?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

But a metal roof house can look good and be far more fire resistant to embers. I get a house insurance break with metal roofs.
View Quote

Most all of the burnt up homes I have seen in the last 4 days were metal or comp.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There are so many fires that there's no way to tell.  In Oregon, the Lionshead and Beachie Creek fires were small fires that started deep in the woods last month.  Those they were letting burn themselves out but the continued low humidity and high easterly winds fanned those into monstrous infernos.  The ones in southern Oregon and near Lincoln City are very suspicious.  There have been several people arrested for arson, but no proof they started the main fires in the north and middle parts of the state. Fires in Eugene and Springfield are are also very suspicious.
View Quote

The fire East of Eugene Springfield was not “suspicious”.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Ya just gotta wonder if these Methican Americans that are lighting all the fires are going to roll over on who is pulling their strings?

The one downside to using homeless/mentally ill/addicts/criminals to do your bidding is not only do they probably not believe in your cause, they have less then zero loyalty to it.
Seems like it would be pretty easy to get some of them to rat out who was feeding them money/dope/booze in exchange for their services.

Some of what burned was federal land, you would think they could skip the state's catch and release policy and nail these fuckheads with fed charges
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ya just gotta wonder if these Methican Americans that are lighting all the fires are going to roll over on who is pulling their strings?

The one downside to using homeless/mentally ill/addicts/criminals to do your bidding is not only do they probably not believe in your cause, they have less then zero loyalty to it.
Seems like it would be pretty easy to get some of them to rat out who was feeding them money/dope/booze in exchange for their services.

Some of what burned was federal land, you would think they could skip the state's catch and release policy and nail these fuckheads with fed charges
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That work upward tactic will take effort and interrogations.    I doubt those will happen.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#18]
There was a fire earlier this month in Montana near my brother. Saw a post last night on Facebook of a holdover fire in a tree from a fire crew. Burning from the inside out.

Even some smaller rain and wind storms may not stop the fires cold.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There was a fire earlier this month in Montana near my brother. Saw a post last night on Facebook of a holdover fire in a tree from a fire crew. Burning from the inside out.

Even some smaller rain and wind storms may not stop the fires cold.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/200878/4559F825-C7BB-48FE-B1CE-1C050577E92C_jpe-1595171.JPG
View Quote

After the 2017 Eagle Creek Fire that was making a beeline straight for the Portland Metro(some serious fears it was going to get into urban areas, being pushed by strong winds like the ones this month but the gorge gets those winds more regularly), there were hotspots still popping up and burning again the next spring. Fires burning deep in the duff, inside trees, or even in the root systems of the trees, well protected from the cold and wet... Just waiting for things to dry out and to find some open air and start burning in the open again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Linn County Commissioner Roger Nyquist and other commissioners are FOIA'ing the US Forest Service, Oregon Department of Forestry, and Gov. Kate Brown as to why they let the Beachie Creek Fire burn for 3 weeks without intervention.

https://lebanon-express.com/news/commissioners-to-seek-beachie-creek-public-records/article_c0b3a167-84ec-5266-b62d-7c96ef3c8a3f.html

Nyquist was one of the proponents of the lawsuit against the state for mismanaging forest lands the counties were forced to let the state manage.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You need to read more on how a communist revolution works. The foot soldiers have no clue who is "pulling their strings". Most are common criminals who don't even realize they're being used.You have to start investigations further up the chain. Very difficult.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Of course the street people being used to cause all this mayhem are unreliable and lack loyalty.

But that's a two edged sword.

"I'm an upstanding citizen.  Who are you going to believe? Me or this drug addicted homeless guy who's been arrested dozens of times, sometimes for violence, and has a history of lying to the cops everytime he's arrested?"
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#23]
With the Eagle creek fire the fire department wrapped some homes with a fire resistant material.
My area was evacuated for the Eagle Creek fire.

I stayed behind to run sprinklers, douse embers and monitor my house and neighbors for looters.
I cut down everything within 50ft of the house.

Fire Dept coded driveways for homes that were defensible and homes that were not.

I'm for home owners being educated and being active in prevention.
I still think our forest practices need to be reconsidered.
Fire Dept used a lot of resources to clean up and open old roads.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Canada on fire?  They better be watching the border for rioters with lighters.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
With the Eagle creek fire the fire department wrapped some homes with a fire resistant material.
My area was evacuated for the Eagle Creek fire.

I stayed behind to run sprinklers, douse embers and monitor my house and neighbors for looters.
I cut down everything within 50ft of the house.

Fire Dept coded driveways for homes that were defensible and homes that were not.

I'm for home owners being educated and being active in prevention.
I still think our forest practices need to be reconsidered.
Fire Dept used a lot of resources to clean up and open old roads.
View Quote

We need to log forests on a wide scale using what we know about forest management, which is considerable. We know how to sustain forest health while harvesting, but the mentally ill won't allow it. Even wildlife benefits when we manage properly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#26]
[b]Quoted:[/Whyb]
Linn County Commissioner Roger Nyquist and other commissioners are FOIA'ing the US Forest Service, Oregon Department of Forestry, and Gov. Kate Brown as to why they let the Beachie Creek Fire burn for 3 weeks without intervention.
View Quote

Why FOIA them? Just ask. It’s not like it’s a secret. Plus it was on USFS land, not state, so ODF is just gunna tell them “talk to those guys”. There was an article about exactly this in Salem’s newspaper today. Letting some fires burn is a thing, yo.

I swear, everyone acts like these fires are some liberal conspiracy. They’re not. You combine a dry summer, high winds, a bajillion opportunities for ignition, plus about 100 years of intense forest “management” (most of it not very good, frankly) and you’ll get big fires. Some will even be destructive and, gasp, burn down peoples houses.

The USFS is incompetent and under-resourced, no secret there either. That’s because elected federal politicians by-and-large don’t give two shits about forest management. Too few people and too little money involved to truly make it an issue. The urban Subaru-driving contingent doesn’t care either, they’re happy to have their politicians pander to them with a bunch of feel-good environmentalism.

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why FOIA them? Just ask. It’s not like it’s a secret. Plus it was on USFS land, not state, so ODF is just gunna tell them “talk to those guys”. There was an article about exactly this in Salem’s newspaper today. Letting some fires burn is a thing, yo.

I swear, everyone acts like these fires are some liberal conspiracy. They’re not. You combine a dry summer, high winds, a bajillion opportunities for ignition, plus about 100 years of intense forest “management” (most of it not very good, frankly) and you’ll get big fires. Some will even be destructive and, gasp, burn down peoples houses.

The USFS is incompetent and under-resourced, no secret there either. That’s because elected federal politicians by-and-large don’t give two shits about forest management. Too few people and too little money involved to truly make it an issue. The urban Subaru-driving contingent doesn’t care either, they’re happy to have their politicians pander to them with a bunch of feel-good environmentalism.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:[/Whyb]

If I had to guess, I’d say that the FOIA request blanketing all of those groups is an effort to catch something like an email stream where someone (ODF, USFS, etc) is sounding the alarm on the Beachie Creek Fire, only to be shut down or ignored by someone (Brown’s office).  But that’s just a guess.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

So far Jacksonville is fine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably because the fire was spotted on 16AUG and 3 weeks later it was under 500 acres and is now almost 200k acres.  Nyquist is one the chief influencers for the litigation against the state for its mismanagement of county-owned forests the state took control of decades ago. He's a rarity in politics.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Probably because the fire was spotted on 16AUG and 3 weeks later it was under 500 acres and is now almost 200k acres.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Probably because the fire was spotted on 16AUG and 3 weeks later it was under 500 acres and is now almost 200k acres.

Again, an FOIA is not needed for this unless someone is trying to imply a conspiracy where none exists. The USFS and now, the state fire marshal’s office have been quite forthcoming about the cause of that fire, their strategies, and the fire’s development into what ultimately burned up the canyon. There was an extensive, and informative article all about it in today’s Statesmen Journal. There have been copious amounts of information published about all this since Beachie Creek first started. The entire suppression strategy has been detailed on Inciweb for weeks.

Quoted:
 Nyquist is one the chief influencers for the litigation against the state for its mismanagement of county-owned forests the state took control of decades ago. He's a rarity in politics.  

I am aware of his efforts and appreciate them but again, barking up the wrong tree. This fire started On USFS land and was managed by them. The bulk of Oregon’s forests are USFS, and dare I say, probably the ones in the worst condition, too.

My point is that in this case FOIA requests are political grandstanding. Meeting with Oregon’s 2 senators and congressional delegation would be time better spent, though I have my doubts about whether anything worthwhile would come from it.

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#31]
just started raining East of pdx.
lightning as well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Holy crap in 30 minutes we probably just had a whole months worth of rain just dump down on us.

Hopefully this helps out the fires.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Holy crap in 30 minutes we probably just had a whole months worth of rain just dump down on us.

View Quote

No joke! Woke me the hell up about 4-4:30AM. I thought the PDX ANG was scrambling. Some reports of up to two inches in less than an hour.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Again, an FOIA is not needed for this unless someone is trying to imply a conspiracy where none exists. The USFS and now, the state fire marshal’s office have been quite forthcoming about the cause of that fire, their strategies, and the fire’s development into what ultimately burned up the canyon. There was an extensive, and informative article all about it in today’s Statesmen Journal. There have been copious amounts of information published about all this since Beachie Creek first started. The entire suppression strategy has been detailed on Inciweb for weeks.

I am aware of his efforts and appreciate them but again, barking up the wrong tree. This fire started On USFS land and was managed by them. The bulk of Oregon’s forests are USFS, and dare I say, probably the ones in the worst condition, too.

My point is that in this case FOIA requests are political grandstanding. Meeting with Oregon’s 2 senators and congressional delegation would be time better spent, though I have my doubts about whether anything worthwhile would come from it.

View Quote

I totally get your point, I was just sharing the news. Government sucks at all levels, everything they touch turns to shit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was woken up at 3:20am and witnessed the heaviest rain even in Oregon, 50 years in this state. Lot of lightning and thunder. Got some vid below.
Here is the satellite image I grabbed last night. I'm close to the pin and it was headed South to North.

Attachment Attached File

Clackamas OR storm 9/18/2020 3:40am
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Here's a map with total rainfall.  Not a lot of rain in the foothills, just a couple tenths.  Eugere and Springfield areas got some rain, but again, only a few tenths on the fires.  Grants Pass and Roseburg fire areas didn't get a whole lot either.  Hopefully, it was enough to cool things down a bit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Saw there's a flash flood warning for the greater PDX area.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Visiting my parents for a couple days. All houses are still standing....went gun shopping and she picked out her favorite gun to start training with- An FN509.

My mom is now tactical as heck and ready for climate change.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm near Stayton and last night I think we got at least an inch of rain over the course of about an hour.  What was really crazy was the amount of lightning flashes.  In one ten minute period I counted nearly 100.  Over the full 40 minutes that the lightning lasted I saw more lightning flashes than any storm in my life by orders of magnitude.  For those not familiar with this area, a storm with 20 lightning flashes is considered a pretty impressive one around here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm near Stayton and last night I think we got at least an inch of rain over the course of about an hour.  What was really crazy was the amount of lightning flashes.  In one ten minute period I counted nearly 100.  Over the full 40 minutes that the lightning lasted I saw more lightning flashes than any storm in my life by orders of magnitude.  For those not familiar with this area, a storm with 20 lightning flashes is considered a pretty impressive one around here.
View Quote

Big time storm...I was up from 3:15 to 3:45 and was really concerned about my house.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#41]
That's crazy weather for western OR.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah.  I've lived in Oregon since '94.  This isn't so uncommon.  We get wind and rain storms every fall and sometimes in spring.

I've got pictures of my daughters barefoot in the street dancing around in a few inches of water because the drains can't drain fast enough to make up for the downpour, and we see rain like that a few times a year.  We are just a bit outside of Portland.

An inch of rain in a few hours?  Not that strange, but definitely timely!

Then there was the year where we had rain for 90 days straight...
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Big time storm...I was up from 3:15 to 3:45 and was really concerned about my house.
View Quote

That was fun storm for sure. I was up from 2:45 or is until 4:00 enjoying the action. Definitely the best thunderstorm I've seen in Oregon in the last 15 years. My place got 1.46" in 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nah.  I've lived in Oregon since '94.  This isn't so uncommon.  We get wind and rain storms every fall and sometimes in spring.

I've got pictures of my daughters barefoot in the street dancing around in a few inches of water because the drains can't drain fast enough to make up for the downpour, and we see rain like that a few times a year.  We are just a bit outside of Portland.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was born and raised in Eugene. Lived there for 35 years. Rain, yes. Strong wind, occasionally (look up The Columbus Day Storm. I was there), but never from the east. Massive thunderstorms were very rare in the valley.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I was born and raised in Eugene. Lived there for 35 years. Rain, yes. Strong wind, occasionally (look up The Columbus Day Storm. I was there), but never from the east. Massive thunderstorms were very rare in the valley.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Portland never had the short burst intensity like I saw living in Montana.  One storm in MT dumped an inch of rain.  In around 10 minutes.  Then blue sky.  It was wild.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where I live we typically get 1.3"-1.5" of rain in September.  Last night in about 40 minutes we got over an inch.  That actually is uncommon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was born and raised here. Parents have lived here since the 40s. This was a pretty unusual storm- lightning like this is pretty uncommon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, just smoke. This time. The whole area, especially the Applegate where I live is a tinderbox.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Rain on a fire scar can quickly turn into a 100 year flood.
Burned soil becomes hydrophobic and the water moves over the terrain like it is going down a water slide

those of you in the area keep your heads on a swivel and stay safe
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep, just smoke. This time. The whole area, especially the Applegate where I live is a tinderbox.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a lot more of us in this area than I thought. I like it.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top