Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Someone should tell her that she needs to be specific about exactly which truckers she's talking about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Video: Ottawa City Officials, Police Label Trucker Convoy As 'Terrorist Insurrection' Claim protests constitute "occupation" with city "under siege"

City officials in Ottawa have claimed that the capital is "under siege" and that the trucker convoy protesting vaccine mandates constitutes a "nation-wide insurrection", with one council woman even calling the movement "terrorism."

As the mayor of Ottawa declared a state of emergency, Ottawa City Council member Diane Deans stated "We are on day eight of this occupation. Our city is under siege."

She added, "What we're seeing is bigger than just a City of Ottawa problem. This is a nationwide insurrection. This is madness. We need a concrete plan to put an end to this."

She also declared that the truckers are "terrorising" residents, "torturing them" by honking their horns, and are a "threat to democracy."

Someone should tell her that she needs to be specific about exactly which truckers she's talking about.

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Alot of police shops up here have their own fuel and pumps on site at their divisions.  Not sure about Ottawa though.
View Quote

don't they still have to have a tanker refill them from time to time?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Don't turn this into generalized cop bashing, and it'll run just fine.

This polite directive won't upset the normal among you.
View Quote

Are we talking Dudley Doright, Barney Fife, or Sgt. Friday bashing?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lol and now we can’t even say shit about law enforcement in other countries. What’s next, bans for criticizing mods on other forums?
View Quote

It’s fucking disgusting.

I’m surprised this thread and the big Canada thread hasn’t ended up in the bullshit COVID forum.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good for the Romanians, but I think I will go with a slightly different style
View Quote

So long as all protesters remain peaceful, deadly force cannot be justified.  It will delegitimize those in power almost immediately and outrage the bystanders.  That's why I pray the protesters remain peaceful.  I also hope the cops stand down so they aren't hurt either.  

Then that soi-boi son o' Castro must step down.  He's been a globalist stooge and followed their playbook: lockdowns, mask mandates, take the jab for normalcy, QR passports.  If he doesn't, everyone will see him for a tyrant.  He uses the woke "inclusive" a lot but his actions suggestion inclusive my arse.  No jab, no freedom (or WTF?).  I hope he flees to /Cuba to be with dad.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So long as all protesters remain peaceful, deadly force cannot be justified.  It will delegitimize those in power almost immediately and outrage the bystanders.  That's why I pray the protesters remain peaceful.  I also hope the cops stand down so they aren't hurt either.  

Then that soi-boi son o' Castro must step down.  He's been a globalist stooge and followed their playbook: lockdowns, mask mandates, take the jab for normalcy, QR passports.  If he doesn't, everyone will see him for a tyrant.  He uses the woke "inclusive" a lot but his actions suggestion inclusive my arse.  No jab, no freedom (or WTF?).  I hope he flees to /Cuba to be with dad.
View Quote

Tell that to Ashly Babbitt.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now you’ve done it. The resident bootlickers and tyrant apologists will be along shortly to shit all over this thread.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would, but she's dea...

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel sorry for those Canuck, it would be harder do in the US, but it can be done. All the authorities needs to do is declare martial law, but wait isn't "state of emergency" a kinder, & gentler word for martial law?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
But his dad is dead, oh wait... I see what you did there!
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Funny how liberals are only upset when people right of center protest but not bothered in the least when their left wing/communist minions are burning shit down. Hypocritical MFs.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I feel sorry for those Canuck, it would be harder do in the US, but it can be done. All the authorities needs to do is declare martial law, but wait isn't "state of emergency" a kinder, & gentler word for martial law?
View Quote

Not in normal times. A state of emergency is usually to bypass or shortcut internal rules and regulations that are too cumbersome for when rapid response is needed. Basically, the government realizes it is too bloated to get shit done when shit needs to get done. Martial law is when there is a complete breakdown of many/most aspects of society that will result in a significant number of deaths unless harsh, normally unconstitutional measure are taken.

tl;dr: State of emergency is calling 911 because someone is breaking into your neighbor's car, martial law is justified homicide of a home invader.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Funny how liberals are only upset when people right of center protest but not bothered in the least when their left wing/communist minions are burning shit down. Hypocritical MFs.
View Quote
They realize giving up a centimeter (because Canda ) usually means giving up a meter. Our side is giving away the store.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Generic reply to generic non-specific or offensive post...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Generic non-specific or offensive post.

Generic reply to generic non-specific or offensive post...

Generic reply, neither agreeing nor disagreeing but acknowledging poster’s comment.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Generic reply, neither agreeing nor disagreeing but acknowledging poster’s comment.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Hope they lose their anonymity and are harassed constantly

just following orders is not an excuse,they chose a side.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It’s fucking disgusting.

I’m surprised this thread and the big Canada thread hasn’t ended up in the bullshit COVID forum.
View Quote

Don’t give them any ideas.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Alot of police shops up here have their own fuel and pumps on site at their divisions.  Not sure about Ottawa though.
View Quote

I would certainly hope that there would not be any rust or other holes that develop in any such tank.  The lack of fuel and environmental damage cleanup could be detrimental to the officers ability to enforce their dictates.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm sure they're just doing their job and don't like it any more than we do. They actually agree with us, but they don't make the laws they just enforce them. If we'd just vote differently, they wouldn't have to do the things they hate so much to the general population. I'm sure.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hope they lose their anonymity and are harassed constantly

just following orders is not an excuse,they chose a side.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm sure they're just doing their job and don't like it any more than we do. They actually agree with us, but they don't make the laws they just enforce them. If we'd just vote differently, they wouldn't have to do the things they hate so much to the general population. I'm sure.
View Quote

Perfectly crafted
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oof.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

What happens when the certain police start arresting peaceful protesters just for being where they are, even if they are not damaging property or being violent? I'm not talking about using deadly force, but just walking up to people. handcuffing them, and hauling them off to wherever they take peaceful protesters...
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Can I get a list of the groups I can't criticize or would that also be ban worthy?
View Quote

There is not a list.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There is not a list.
View Quote

is it a collection of names?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There is not a list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I get a list of the groups I can't criticize or would that also be ban worthy?

There is not a list.
Nope, depends on the mod and his mood that day.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

is it a collection of names?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Those specific cops are turds and I hope they enjoy staring at an empty refrigerator in a cold house while their kids are hungry.  Maybe they can pat each other on the back and talk about the glory days when they fought against the forces of freedom and self determination to help the people maintain control who hate the cops.

Thankfully the LEAs in my area all put out statements at the start of Covid saying they were not enforcing shit to do with the scandemic.  They've kept their word.
View Quote

Feels good to be a Kansan.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Someone's gonna shit themselves over that one
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Hopefully those truckers studied their Gandhi books really carefully.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not a cynic yet huh? Those days of truth and innocence are long gone. The complicit and corrupt media will simply lie and change the details of any event where the truckers are taken by force and paint them as violent even if they're not, once Trudeau reaches the end of his rope.
The Ottawan police are already acting illegimately as far as I'm concerned, but nothing is changing. It's disgusting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I guess we don't have to be specific when we condemn or criticize the people in Ottawa who aren't wearing a badge? They're fair game?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Pathetic
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Specifically fuck these specific cops specifically

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Don't the truckers bring the fuel in?? The Ottowa Turds ain't gonna have any fuel either. Truckers will say Fook Off. They will have to ride their horses on patrol with the RCMP.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Guys that was obviously a meme post.

but these aren't-

teehee

specifically fuck these specific cops
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Needs moar snowplow
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#40]
And just so it doesn't seem like I'm specific cop bashing, this specific US cop seems to understand the specific situation in Canada and specifically seems to understand the specific situation. I wish this specific us cop patrolled my specific neighborhood. Good on him specifically.

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That was well-said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And just so it doesn't seem like I'm specific cop bashing, this specific US cop seems to understand the specific situation in Canada and specifically seems to understand the specific situation. I wish this specific us cop patrolled my specific neighborhood. Good on him specifically.

That was well-said.

right? Good dude and glad he spoke out.

these guys we need to support.

Integrity is a language we all speak.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pretty sickening to see what some consider being out of control and a threat.  The mayor is in full panic because the protestors are “blaring horns and sirens and fireworks, and turning it into a party. … Bringing in bouncy castles and saunas and hot tubs is the height of irresponsibility.”

Compare BLM and antifa actually destroying people’s property, beating them with locks and whatever else they can find, and them being dubbed “mostly peaceful”.  I know it’s a different country but damn.
View Quote

Pretty sad when a thread gets nuked because 1 guy makes a generalized statement too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Pretty sad when a thread gets nuked because 1 guy makes a generalized statement too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sickening to see what some consider being out of control and a threat.  The mayor is in full panic because the protestors are “blaring horns and sirens and fireworks, and turning it into a party. … Bringing in bouncy castles and saunas and hot tubs is the height of irresponsibility.”

Compare BLM and antifa actually destroying people’s property, beating them with locks and whatever else they can find, and them being dubbed “mostly peaceful”.  I know it’s a different country but damn.

The reason given for nuking the thread was that the generalized statement was offensive, the implication being that it was offensive to the LE establishment. But it appeared to me that the statement was based on HISTORICAL FACTS that the specific activity mentioned HAS ACTUALLY TAKEN PLACE, perpetrated by specific government agents, at specific points in time, against specific groups of people, in specific countries, including the USA.

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Specifically fuck these specific cops specifically

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLAJlDMXsAQQeER?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Monopoly money
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The reason given for nuking the thread was that the generalized statement was offensive, the implication being that it was offensive to the LE establishment. But it appeared to me that the statement was based on HISTORICAL FACTS that the specific activity mentioned HAS ACTUALLY TAKEN PLACE, perpetrated by specific government agents, at specific points in time, against specific groups of people, in specific countries, including the USA.

View Quote

We wouldn't want to offend the 'establishment' now, would we.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would it be possible,specifically,to have this guy become a moderator on Arf and,specifically,replace one of the moderators who is ,specifically, beset with delusions of grandeur considering his actual station in life?

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not in normal times. A state of emergency is usually to bypass or shortcut internal rules and regulations that are too cumbersome for when rapid response is needed. Basically, the government realizes it is too bloated to get shit done when shit needs to get done. Martial law is when there is a complete breakdown of many/most aspects of society that will result in a significant number of deaths unless harsh, normally unconstitutional measure are taken.

tl;dr: State of emergency is calling 911 because someone is breaking into your neighbor's car, martial law is justified homicide of a home invader.
View Quote

State of emergency. Covid 19. Irony.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Would it be possible,specifically,to have this guy become a moderator on Arf and,specifically,replace one of the moderators who is ,specifically, beset with delusions of grandeur considering his actual station in life?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“ I was literally shaking when I read that post! I was fumbling with the mouse as I tried to lock the damn thread and then delete it. Who the fuck do they think they are? Sorry for the bad language, Mom. Can I have some more meatloaf? I love you.“

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Mad Max( about two dayzago, I sawra vehicle that could haul that tanka.
 You wanna refuel the protesters you talk to me.) Mad Max
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top