User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Would it be possible,specifically,to have this guy become a moderator on Arf and,specifically,replace one of the moderators who is ,specifically, beset with delusions of grandeur considering his actual station in life?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And just so it doesn't seem like I'm specific cop bashing, this specific US cop seems to understand the specific situation in Canada and specifically seems to understand the specific situation. I wish this specific us cop patrolled my specific neighborhood. Good on him specifically.

Would it be possible,specifically,to have this guy become a moderator on Arf and,specifically,replace one of the moderators who is ,specifically, beset with delusions of grandeur considering his actual station in life?

Specifically?  Lol, NO. He doesn't fit the mold. At all. Specifically...
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't have an answer, but respectfully I am trying to keep this thread unlocked, noting rules that have been laid down a couple of times already today.  

I hear you.  I ponder similar questions in my head.  I actually know a bunch of good cops.  But that would be a different thread for me.  Spreading the word of this misadventure is kind of important to me for some reason.  Buried in another 67 page thread or locked to be forgotten is not fruitful.  

So that brings us here.  Staying on task to what these particular cops are doing and shedding light on THEM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the issue that us normal folk are having is, how do they select these only bad cops? Are there emails that go out to Sergeants that ask for the specific cops that would be willing to do something like this? Do they plan these kinds of things only when certain cops are scheduled to work? Is there some kind of unspoken understanding that these specific cops will do all of the dirty work?

Or are we seeing that even "good cops" will always be willing to do bad things, if it is what they are ordered to do?  

Dr. Milgram figured out that normal everyday people will do terrible things to people they don't know, way back in the 1960's. It's nothing new.
I don't have an answer, but respectfully I am trying to keep this thread unlocked, noting rules that have been laid down a couple of times already today.  

I hear you.  I ponder similar questions in my head.  I actually know a bunch of good cops.  But that would be a different thread for me.  Spreading the word of this misadventure is kind of important to me for some reason.  Buried in another 67 page thread or locked to be forgotten is not fruitful.  

So that brings us here.  Staying on task to what these particular cops are doing and shedding light on THEM.
@Mr_Nasty99
@Lug1

It's really a matter of good or bad, it's a matter of human nature.  One of the baser human instincts is "Fuck you, I'm going to get mine."  His paycheck is more important to him and his family, than you will ever be.  

You will find some outliers that will deny themselves, for the greater good if you will, but it's not going to be the norm.  

Remember that when our government really starts stepping on people's toes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
@Mr_Nasty99
@Lug1

It's really a matter of good or bad, it's a matter of human nature.  One of the baser human instincts is "Fuck you, I'm going to get mine."  His paycheck is more important to him and his family, than you will ever be.  

You will find some outliers that will deny themselves, for the greater good if you will, but it's not going to be the norm.  

View Quote
Sadly I agree now days.  Im no hero.  And I don't want sash.  But I always just tried to do the right thing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The reason given for nuking the thread was that the generalized statement was offensive, the implication being that it was offensive to the LE establishment. But it appeared to me that the statement was based on HISTORICAL FACTS that the specific activity mentioned HAS ACTUALLY TAKEN PLACE, perpetrated by specific government agents, at specific points in time, against specific groups of people, in specific countries, including the USA.

View Quote

History is offensive.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

History is offensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason given for nuking the thread was that the generalized statement was offensive, the implication being that it was offensive to the LE establishment. But it appeared to me that the statement was based on HISTORICAL FACTS that the specific activity mentioned HAS ACTUALLY TAKEN PLACE, perpetrated by specific government agents, at specific points in time, against specific groups of people, in specific countries, including the USA.

History is offensive.

Sometimes the truth hurts. Those are the times that a rational person would take a moment to reflect on who they are, what they’re doing, and the choices they’ve made, and adjust themselves.

But nah, fuck that, it’s much better to screech about muh raysissim, muh muhsoggyknee, muh CIS normative bigotry, or muh bashing and genruleyezashuns. And censor, heavily.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@Mr_Nasty99
@Lug1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the issue that us normal folk are having is, how do they select these only bad cops? Are there emails that go out to Sergeants that ask for the specific cops that would be willing to do something like this? Do they plan these kinds of things only when certain cops are scheduled to work? Is there some kind of unspoken understanding that these specific cops will do all of the dirty work?

Or are we seeing that even "good cops" will always be willing to do bad things, if it is what they are ordered to do?  

Dr. Milgram figured out that normal everyday people will do terrible things to people they don't know, way back in the 1960's. It's nothing new.

@Mr_Nasty99
@Lug1

My comment, that @Lug1 responded to, was pointing out that this isn't about "good vs bad" cops. We have now seen several videos, all with multiple officers, from various parts of the city. Are we supposed to believe that these are just very lucky videos of the few minority officers that are willing to support the tyranny taking place? Are these officers doing these things when all of the "good" officers are off the clock/in a different location? How would they coordinate such a thing?

As I pointed out in my comment, Dr. Milgram showed the world in the 1960's, that most humans will blindly follow any authority figure and cause harm to unknown people. This is no secret, and Dr. Milgram's findings are still taught in every single University in this country.

This isn't about "good cops" or "bad cops." It's about people acting like people do. But we can't even discuss this possibility, because that implies that it's not a matter of a "few bad apples" (which we've been hearing for decades,) but more of an issue with a job that has plenty of authority, but no power to make decisions.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My comment, that @Lug1 responded to, was pointing out that this isn't about "good vs bad" cops. We have now seen several videos, all with multiple officers, from various parts of the city. Are we supposed to believe that these are just very lucky videos of the few minority officers that are willing to support the tyranny taking place? Are these officers doing these things when all of the "good" officers are off the clock/in a different location? How would they coordinate such a thing?

As I pointed out in my comment, Dr. Milgram showed the world in the 1960's, that most humans will blindly follow any authority figure and cause harm to unknown people. This is no secret, and Dr. Milgram's findings are still taught in every single University in this country.

This isn't about "good cops" or "bad cops." It's about people acting like people do. But we can't even discuss this possibility, because that implies that it's not a matter of a "few bad apples" (which we've been hearing for decades,) but more of an issue with a job that has plenty of authority, but no power to make decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Mr_Nasty99
@Lug1

Police, and I am generalizing, ALL police have the power of officer discretion. They all do. There is no fucking way that is only taught in one department academy.

The rub is whether or not they exercise it or just do as they're told by despots.

The idea that, "I may disagree with this edict but i am going to enforce it anyway" is dumb as fuck and anyone saying that shit should never have worn a badge in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

Police, and I am generalizing, ALL police have the power of officer discretion. They all do. There is no fucking way that is only taught in one department academy.

The rub is whether or not they exercise it or just do as they're told by despots.

The idea that, "I may disagree with this edict but i am going to enforce it anyway" is dumb as fuck and anyone saying that shit should never have worn a badge in the first place.
View Quote

Well said and agreed
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#9]
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/judge-orders-ottawa-police-to-return-all-fuel-they-seized-from-truckers/

FWIW

ETA Hotlinking isn't working for me for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/judge-orders-ottawa-police-to-return-all-fuel-they-seized-from-truckers/

FWIW

View Quote

That’s great news, if true!
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OK lets try this VERY WORTHY NEWS STORY AGAIN.

But this time, IN ORDER TO KEEP IT FROM GETTING LOCKED, can we keep the criticism very specifically aimed at the TURD COPS IN OTTAWA WHO DID THIS.

PLEASE DON'T MAKE GENERAL COP STATEMENTS. Lets aim it directly at the OTTAWA TURDS in order to keep this thread and worthy new story alive.  If the thread lives more people know what happened.

BY THE WAY THESE COPS IN OTTAWA ARE TURDS

Pertinent new story link.  

https://www.theblaze.com/news/freedom-trucker-convoy-fuel-police
View Quote

not all cops are good cops
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sounds like Ottawa is ripe for conquest if they feel that threatened by a trucker protest convoy.  lol

We really should just conquer our hat and get it over with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Watson said that Ottawa was "outnumbered" and "losing the battle" against the truckers' protest.

Sounds like Ottawa is ripe for conquest if they feel that threatened by a trucker protest convoy.  lol

We really should just conquer our hat and get it over with.
Beats sending forces to fight Russia. At least we'd actually gain something.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK lets try this VERY WORTHY NEWS STORY AGAIN.

But this time, IN ORDER TO KEEP IT FROM GETTING LOCKED, can we keep the criticism very specifically aimed at the TURD COPS IN OTTAWA WHO DID THIS.

PLEASE DON'T MAKE GENERAL COP STATEMENTS. Lets aim it directly at the OTTAWA TURDS in order to keep this thread and worthy new story alive.  If the thread lives more people know what happened.

BY THE WAY THESE COPS IN OTTAWA ARE TURDS

Pertinent new story link.  

https://www.theblaze.com/news/freedom-trucker-convoy-fuel-police

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:00:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's great news, if true!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#15]
In!  
It is scared that the people are fighting back.  They need our help more than ever
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:07:18 AM EDT
[#16]
the Honking will continue until moral increases.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:29:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Remember, there is no cabal...
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:57:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Mr_Nasty99
@Lug1

Not so much these days.... lots of states have passed laws that limit or eliminate officer discretion.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And just so it doesn't seem like I'm specific cop bashing, this specific US cop seems to understand the specific situation in Canada and specifically seems to understand the specific situation. I wish this specific us cop patrolled my specific neighborhood. Good on him specifically.

View Quote

It's a Southern thing.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like that the protesters are seen as the problem.
View Quote

Amazing, i bet if they put BLM logos on their trucks the Govt. would give them free fuel not take it away!
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW

A couple of comments saying that the fuel has been found to be contaminated with water. Easy enough to tell in cold weather: just let it sit, water suspended in diesel fuel will settle to the bottom and freeze, fuel can be poured off.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#22]
A good message from a good Canadian to the police.

Brian Denison Address To Police Officers | Freedom Convoy Feb.8, 2022 #irnieracingNews

Applies universally.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Ottawa Police Posturing to take Children from Protesters - Freedom Convoy 2022
Ottawa Police Posturing to take Children from Protesters - Freedom Convoy 2022

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Damn. How many of these "specific" police are there??
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not so much these days.... lots of states have passed laws that limit or eliminate officer discretion.
View Quote

Those damn bodycams have eliminated a bunch of discretion as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#26]
The specific cops who are stealing privately owned supplies are pigs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You have to CREATE the crisis before you can SOLVE the crisis.
View Quote

Talking heads are now talking about the dangers of pizza ovens.

Canadian official yesterday likened them to nazis, of course, and that residents should not be confronted with rebel flags.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Daaaaang….

I knew they shut down ambassador bridge but this is crazy.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Daaaaang….

I knew they shut down ambassador bridge but this is crazy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/266317/1445551E-F393-43BE-8EA6-6717688BAEFB-2273010.jpg
View Quote

Crazy? Negative, the word you’re looking for is ‘awesome’, as in “That is fucking awesome”.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Crazy? Negative, the word you’re looking for is ‘awesome’, as in “That is fucking awesome”.
View Quote

Crazy isn't a pejorative, bruh.

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:55:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Go Truckers !

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#32]
What's the latest?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#33]
This was posted yesterday.

On-going state sponsored theft.  It says a lot about the quality of the truckers, atifa would have tossed a road flare in the back of the truck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

On-going state sponsored theft.  It says a lot about the quality of the truckers, atifa would have tossed a road flare in the back of the truck.
View Quote

There's no way those cops would have been able to do that to ANTIFA/BLM.

The party would have gone hot long before they touched a gas can... and the these PARTICULAR cops know it.

Edit for clarification.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
the Honking will continue until moral increases.
View Quote

The honking will continue until freedom improves.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The party would have gone hot long before they touched a gas can... and the these PARTICULAR cops know it.

Edit for clarification.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit for clarification.

They won't do anything about the homeless encampments either even though they know they're legitimately fire hazards- several have blown up, literally, including that one that damaged a major overpass.  Zero respect for the Canadian cops who are willing to break the law to enforce the decrees of their masters.  

As someone said in another post, I think we've reached a Rubicon, either we see massive positive change and reform or it's all downhill from here, there is no middle ground.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
OOF, that's a lot of cops involved.  The ones not stealing fuel must be somewhere else.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OOF, that's a lot of cops involved.  The ones not stealing fuel must be somewhere else.
View Quote

Must be a lot of them such that the overwhelming majority are not fuel stealing, tyrannical, thugs with badges.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best part of most cop videos is the complete lack of self policing by the 'good' offices.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol They're probably being held back by those specific cops to office duty.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had hopes for there to be sanity, but between the fuel being returned 1/2 water, and the continued stealing of fuel cans, it's not looking great for the image of policing up there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#43]
IMO the police stealing gas, is insight to what the .gov will do in a SHTF situation.  

The JBT stealing gas, food, and supplies will be nothing more common thieves.

I'm sure that there will be some justification for the legal good or a law passed to make it all legal.

Just something to watch and plan accordingly
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top