Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't care. I see it all the time, have my whole life, and usually it's a little redneck but that is about it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I feel that the person more than likely prefers certain things.

-A strong distrust of federal .gov
-a taste for cheap whiskey and loose big breasted southern women
-likes driving fast in a big V8 vehicle
-an attraction to his opposite sex siblings and cousins
-meth use, production, or storage

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The stars and bars, or the actual confederate flag?  They aren't the same thing.
View Quote

But you know he is referencing the battle flag as 99.9% of the people you meet on the street call it that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It has nothing to do with bigotry, or racism.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
When I see it in the North, I barely notice.

Why would I feel any different in the South?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We used to drive down I-40 in TN and see a huge battle flag flying, it always brought a smile to my face. A few years ago, we went down,  and I didn't see it. I hope I just missed it or it was being replaced.
View Quote

Go east into NC on I-40 and you’ll see some giant ones near Hickory still flying.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Whenever I see one, I visualize a 60-80yr old Fudd as the owner.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#8]
To each his own.

Symbols mean whatever you want them to mean, today. You cannot escape their history though.

Heritage not hate. I’m sure most people mean it when they say it. And that’s great. But you cannot write off the opinions of others who cannot divorce their understanding of the confederate flag from the terrible history that it represents.

I feel like it’s a strange hill to die on in society, knowing full well that most people who see that symbol will wonder about your convictions. But if you feel compelled to celebrate the greatness of your particular heritage, loud and proud, then I say go for it!

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A symbol of rebellion against Federal overreach, always has been.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't care.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Proud.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#13]
The actual flag(s) of the CSA or the naval jack?

When I see the naval jack flown I assume a good old boy redneck, which isn't a negative to me - until they demonstrate they're an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Born and raised and lived in the south most of my life.
I would never fly one but don’t think anyone should be banned from doing so.

In 2023 though, regardless of what it means it invites trouble on you and I wouldn’t.

Just like how even though i have right of way walking across a street I wouldn’t do so during rush hour.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I was born and raised in Michigan.  Now, by circumstance, I live in the deep South.

Growing up, I saw the battle flag as just a symbol of rebellion.  Against who, or against what, didn't matter.  Just a 'fuck you' to whatever.

Being a symbol of racism in and of itself never entered my head.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#16]
DILLIGAF?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#17]
There was a hugh one on the the side of I65 south of Birmingham, AL .
Haven’t been there in a few years, does it still fly there?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
With the exception of recent woke trends most folks I know feel proud by it.  But most folks I know see it as a symbol of the south and pride and nothing to do with racism…
View Quote

Exactly this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I'moffended by peace signs and rainbow flags. No one on the left gives two shits about that. So the feeling is mutual.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whenever I see one, I visualize a 60-80yr old Fudd as the owner.
View Quote

Funny because when I see one, I rarely see it being displayed by anyone over 30.  

There were a bunch around a courthouse I drive by almost daily the other day and out of all the people there with them maybe one or two looked old.  

As far as feels, I have zero fucks to give about it.  Fly whatever flag you want and do whatever you want to do.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Not being from the south, it’s a an indication that I’m not in the wrong part of town.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This guy I met at a race in Charlotte didn’t seem to mind it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/548369/CB63BDE2-70FA-46F3-ADE3-1E53F8ED1AC8_jpe-2686903.JPG
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#23]
When I'm in the South, or see a Confederate flag, or meet people from the South, it makes me wish I was a Southerner. But I'm from the north....and it sucks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#24]
In my opinion it has nothing to do with racism. I don't like it because it was basically a flag of the democrats.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Edit: I don’t care.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#26]
What do I think when I see that flag or what do I think of the person displaying it?  Two different things.

The Battle Flag of the Confederacy itself I see as the flag of treason.  Don't talk "'Murica" or the Constitution if you are flying it.

The people displaying it are rednecks that are looking to brag they are "Southern".  Like being a 'Bama football fan.

Governments (state, town) in the South that adopted it in some official form did so as a big "FU" to having the civil rights laws forced on them.  Same reason they put up all of the monuments to Confederate leaders in the 1940s and 1950s.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I giggle thinking how many woketards are upset by it
View Quote

Something like this...

I fly "under cover" a stars and bars on my Jeep. Those that know know and those that don't won't fuck with my stuff.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:38:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I like to see it. Shows pride in their roots.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#29]
It's a good ol boy thing, you wouldn't understand!
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm a Brown's fan so I can't judge anyone for flying the colors of a loser.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#31]
As an ex NYer I never really thought too much about it.

When they started telling everyone that it had to go, I decided to hang one up. Fuck those cock suckers who want to tear stuff down and remove things.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I remember wearing my hat w a confederate patch out to the club around 2003.  A couple of my (black) nco's took me with them to an all black club.  Nobody GAF.  Everyone had a blast.  That was before people were told to be outraged.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Assholes! They raided my family's farm. My aunt still bitches about the jewellery that was stolen. The anger has been passed down. Still see quite a few around here. Southern IN is interesting.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#34]
It doesn't bother me at all, I'm an adult.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#35]
In in ga and there are 4 houses on my little dead end road that fly one.  I’m ambivalent but I do feel it keeps the neighborhood less diverse, so I support it in that sense.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Go to Denton NC and see them by the dozens !

It's a battle flag. I would fly one but i don't want the problems it might cause.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's the history of the US, so I'm offended when people try to cancel it. It's usually the most racist of people that push for it to be banned.
View Quote

Well said,  I agree.

My great grandfather was in the Confederacy for an outfit from Texas.  He survived.   My Grandmother had a old tin type picture, but it  has been long lost....

ms gamboolgals family was in Alabama and lost family who fought for the South.

It is a part of history and our Heritage.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Wouldn't be an issue if asswipes would understand that others have the right to opinions that differ, and mind their own business.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A symbol of rebellion against Federal overreach, always has been.
View Quote

This is how I see it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#41]
There is only one flag that people use today that I find offensive.......the "MAPs" flag.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I have a couple, so no it doesn't bother me in the slightest. When I attended Bolles in Jax, it was common to see them around the campus. My yearbook has several pics in it that have the flag in it.

All it meant to us was to the north. American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Love it.  Proud Southerner.  I will be a rebel till I die.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm happy to see it. It shows me that some folks still take pride in their history...instead of trying to destroy it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#45]
It's not the flag it's who is waving it. Someone  proud of their ancestors or just to annoy a neighbor I don't care. Someone who uses it as a there magical I can get away with stuff amulet, I really don't like that. How dare you question the tresspasser that keeps showing up and things dissapear. The guy who job is to go on trips around mexico and encourage illegal immigration, no doesn't matter if he puts up that flag. The guy who is a member of every leftist group he can join suddenly is the unquestionable authority of Republicans and conservatism if they have the stars and bars. Cons use symbols to mess with people. simple fact of life.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#46]
That someone wants attention and theyll probably eventually find it

But free country and all do as you please
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#47]
It is a part of history one way or the other so I see it as that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
With the exception of recent woke trends most folks I know feel proud by it.  But most folks I know see it as a symbol of the south and pride and nothing to do with racism
View Quote

This, but as usual, the woke mob has pretty much destroyed it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Lots of people seem offended and want it torn down. I’m not from the south originally but when I do see it I’m not offended at all. I know young Americans died on both sides. I don’t think it should be erased from history or banned. Call me a racist,I don’t care. Woketards think they can just erase history.
View Quote

most of the people i see with it here in the upstate are Black....and its viewed as a southern pride flag. it generally the migrant democrats that have issues with it ( migrant meaning northerners that moved here, and then its the white women almost always and their cucks)

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Here in Dismal Seepage, it is most often seen fluttering on the back of a pick-up or outside a trailer.
That leads to a certain impression.
A very close friend, now deceased, was involved with "Sons of the Confederacy". He was embarrassed by the redneck imagery, and worked tirelessly to raise awareness of Southern history in his community.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top