Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#1]
if you fly it i just assume youre an inbred retard but its a free country so people should just silently judge and move on. Neither side gives a shit what the other thinks so its an exercise in wasted time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not offended by it at all, every time I see one I chuckle and wonder why they are not flying the true flag of the South, the white flag of surrender.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The same people who jumped on the Confederate flag are now saying you can’t fly the police blue line flags…I long ago gave up giving a f what they think…
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I first think General Lee. Then I think I don't care.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you fly it i just assume youre an inbred retard but its a free country so people should just silently judge and move on. Neither side gives a shit what the other thinks so its an exercise in wasted time.
View Quote

The north is full of racists
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#6]
No issue with it at all……
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I am from the South, love the South, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Yet I still think the Confederate flag is corny and dumb.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

ive seen my fair share of the flags in MN, hard to think it represents southern pride when we’re this far north. Im sure they get the reaction theyre looking for though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't read the four pages.

I was born and raised in Texas. As a kid and well into high school in the late 70s, the Stars & Bars were fairly common, usually as vanity plates, stickers, or flying in someone's yard. I always thought "Southern pride" when I saw it, never "bring back slavery."

Now, TBH, I only ever see it flying over junked-up trailer houses. The kind of doors you or I, let alone a black person, would likely never darken.

I think it's sad that so many symbols are being cancelled because someone is offended by history.

I have a picture somewhere, of me in my room at Texas A&M, in my corps uniform. Hanging on the wall behind me is the confederate battle flag. I was the subject of the pic, the flag was just typical college dorm room decoration.

Yes, I still have the flag, safely tucked away in my safe. Just because.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Family fought almost entirely for the Confederacy. Part of history, like or hate it. Destroying it does not change the past. BTW none of family owned slaves but fought for their homeland regardless.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don’t PA and NY have the highest number of inbreds?  Which Muslim flag will become the Minnesota state flag?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Never bothered me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ive seen my fair share of the flags in MN, hard to think it represents southern pride when we’re this far north. Im sure they get the reaction theyre looking for though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't talking about those flying the flag.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Never even thought about. Sometimes I see it here ziptied on a truck in New Hampshire or Maine. I think here they use it to say fuck you to the current goverment authority .
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I was stationed with a kid who was born and raised in Kenosha Wi. He had that shit tattooed on his forearm.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#16]
On a cross country trip, I stopped at a roadside produce stand in rural Va, to get back on the hwy, I drive through an older neighborhood and saw a few houses with the flags. One fella waved as I drove by.

I don’t get all worked up over such things.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
With the exception of recent woke trends most folks I know feel proud by it.  But most folks I know see it as a symbol of the south and pride and nothing to do with racism…
View Quote

Exactly...  Those who oppose the Stars and Bars are the actual hateful bigots...
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Happy!
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ironic, the south fought (for the state's rights) to keep their slaves.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Frankly, I think nothing of it and don't care.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#21]
It has never bothered me and never will. I like the Confederate flag.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For reference, I lived in GA for nearly a decade.

If I see it down south, I think nothing of it.  I saw enough black folk with it on their porch or Black Sons of the Confederacy doing demonstrations with it to know there is zero association to color for many.

If I see it up north, like here in PA, I assume you're white trash and moved here from NJ or NY.
View Quote

A few years ago we had super white trash flying one on main street in my town in upstate NY. He was a hair head and his girl mowed the lawn in a bikini. The town went and had a talk with them about taking it down as the tourists from down state found it offensive and the town relies on tourism from down state. He took it down.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I understand that after the American Civil War that the victors allowed the defeated to retain this stuff as a peace offering so we all could just get along, be brothers, etc.  

This is kind of a rarity in war as the norm is to round up all the defeated, imprison some and execute the officers for war crimes.  Then burn/destroy any flags, symbols etc of the defeated side as message that it’s over, you lost.  Victor’s justice as it’s often referred to.  

Perhaps it was a mistake the Union was so lenient on the Confederates as we then wouldn’t be having this debate now.
View Quote

I swear some people are ...

"Lenient."  Good grief. Go read the history of the era including reconstruction from the original sources.

If you don't have the time to do that, than at the least, don't buy the narrative pushed by the side politically invested in downplaying it and *destroying federalism* https://discerninghistory.com/2015/11/the-politics-and-economics-of-reconstruction/

That stupid war is when the centralizing totalitarian side screwed the nation in the name of ... centralizing things, and a abjectly stupid idea of "union" (they believed such idiot things as the american union existing before we pulled out ofthe british empire). The ending of slavery was the only good thing to come from that war.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#24]
My high school mascot was Johnny Reb. It's never meant anything to me other than I'm from the south.

People seem to ignore that the last slaves to be freed were in the north.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's no different than PMSNBC saying that american troops only ever fight for american empire.

Who cares why the troops fight or their immediate leaders do; nope, only the people who can be represented as wrong count for the "why."

Oddly it still surprises me when people do this patently leftist/liberal stuff.

Short little book by ... a frankly pro-centralizer author, macpherson where he bothered to go read the private letters of the people involved to see why they fought, and hint: it wasn't the leftist talking points.

Or you can stay stuck on ignorance.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Go to Denton NC and see them by the dozens !

It's a battle flag. I would fly one but i don't want the problems it might cause.
View Quote

Hendersonville, NC, 15 miles south of Asheville as well. Confederate and Gadsden flags on poles in the stake bed mounts of pickups are everywhere. Pretty funny watching the tourists snapping pictures to show their friends back home.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm in Southern NV. No one that has been in my shop seems to be bothered by it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL

If the north fought to end slavery, why were they the last to give up their slaves?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Don’t PA and NY have the highest number of inbreds?  Which Muslim flag will become the Minnesota state flag?
View Quote

as a muslim in MN, we havent come to a consensus yet on which flag we’ll fly when we take over
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Pride.
Some of my ancestors fought under both it and the Gadsden Flag.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#31]
History and heritage. Pride in my ancestors had the guts to stand for their beliefs against overbearing federal govt.

Bunch of jackass kkk klowns taking it for their Jim Crow bull shit.

Slavery was a fast dying concept in the agricultural South by then.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#32]
While in Tennesee I observed a late teens/early 20s kid with a t-shirt that had "The south will rise again" in big bold letters over imprinted stars and bars. He had on a confederate cap, blonde mullet, and the giant 80s shield style sunglasses. He seemed like your good ol' boy, and was just hanging out outside the gas station with friends. Figured it was normal for that area and didn't judge. Every region has its norms.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Another 'they should fly a white flag herr-durr' thread.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#34]
History...America was born out of rebellion against tyrannical government...there was a lot more to it than just slavery...
but that part seems to have been glossed over historically...imo
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't care but I will say the majority of the time I see it white trash are involved.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know right...

Mn though filled their state up with Somalis though...so they are pretty progressive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The same people who jumped on the Confederate flag are now saying you can’t fly the police blue line flags…I long ago gave up giving a f what they think…
View Quote

Yet demand you fly a rainbow one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Doesn't bother me a bit. It is a part of American history and should be treated with the respect due that the people who proudly fly it have for it. Of course, I have a job that occupies my time and pays my bills. I am an adult and not some over sensitive pussy who gets offended by a flag, or words, or being called the scientifically correct gender...
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

as a muslim in MN, we havent come to a consensus yet on which flag we’ll fly when we take over
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#40]
The more I learn about the civil war and Lincoln the more I realize the wrong side won.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yet you can't silently judge because you felt the need to call people inbred retards .
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am not offended by it at all, every time I see one I chuckle and wonder why they are not flying the true flag of the South, the white flag of surrender.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

@jagdkommando
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
With the exception of recent woke trends most folks I know feel proud by it.  But most folks I know see it as a symbol of the south and pride and nothing to do with racism…
View Quote

See my avitar.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I've lived in NC all my life, and grew up in a rural area.  For years I believed in the "heritage not hate" philosophy.  Where you're a proud southerner, but you still want equitable treatment of all people.

Then I saw a post on Twitter that changed my view.  A girl posted an analogy...   How would it look if an American with German ancestry flew the Nazi flag and defended it by saying: "It's my heritage?"

I know, CSA/Nazi German isn't Apples to Apples, but you get the point.  I don't display the CSA flag anymore.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Lots of people seem offended and want it torn down. I’m not from the south originally but when I do see it I’m not offended at all. I know young Americans died on both sides. I don’t think it should be erased from history or banned. Call me a racist,I don’t care. Woketards think they can just erase history.
View Quote

Doesn't bother me one bit. A neighbor down the road from our vacation cabin flies the stars and bars and he waves just the same as anyone else.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yet you can't silently judge because you felt the need to call people inbred retards .
View Quote

did i hurt your feelings?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#48]
It doesn't bother me. I was born and raised in the deep south and I've seen it my whole life.

I served under the American flag and I've never flown or owned a confederate flag.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

did i hurt your feelings?
View Quote

No, I just like pointing out mouth breathing hypocrites .
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It doesn't bother me. I was born and raised in the deep south and I've seen it my whole life.

I've never flown or owned a confederate flag.
View Quote

This.

I see it in some parts of my area, but it doesn't bother me at all.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top