Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I giggle thinking how many woketards are upset by it
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I look at it as a marker in the same way some fly Nazi and white supremicist flags. It's just good to know who they are.
View Quote

I agree. I’m never angry when people helpfully “self sort”.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's a subtle reminder that the states are fully owned and controlled by the federal government and when they don't want to be anymore and decide to leave, they aren't free to do so. The feds will then invade, kill you 'for your own good' and the winner gets to write the history books.
View Quote

You summed that up nicely.  I am not bothered by a Confederate flag.  But, I have a good grasp on history and what lead up to the War Between the States.

kwg
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I always feel that it is just another REDNECK, and I don't mean that in a bad way.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I understand that after the American Civil War that the victors allowed the defeated to retain this stuff as a peace offering so we all could just get along, be brothers, etc.  

This is kind of a rarity in war as the norm is to round up all the defeated, imprison some and execute the officers for war crimes.  Then burn/destroy any flags, symbols etc of the defeated side as message that it’s over, you lost.  Victor’s justice as it’s often referred to.  

Perhaps it was a mistake the Union was so lenient on the Confederates as we then wouldn’t be having this debate now.
View Quote

Glad you weren't involved in reconstruction.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm sorry your constitution is so weak that a liberal female on Twitter swayed you.
View Quote
Ok, defend the position of a German-American flying the German flag with a swastika on it. @AXE0FWAR
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd rather see that flag flying nextdoor than a Ukrainian one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't care.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What do I think when I see that flag or what do I think of the person displaying it?  Two different things.

The Battle Flag of the Confederacy itself I see as the flag of treason.  Don't talk "'Murica" or the Constitution if you are flying it.

The people displaying it are rednecks that are looking to brag they are "Southern".  Like being a 'Bama football fan.

Governments (state, town) in the South that adopted it in some official form did so as a big "FU" to having the civil rights laws forced on them.  Same reason they put up all of the monuments to Confederate leaders in the 1940s and 1950s.

View Quote

Pretty much 100% concur. The Venn diagram of people flying a flag for "southern pride", and the people flying the flag of a college they never attended is a singular circle in my experience.

But, but, muh heritage.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Allowing the Left to redefine your view of things is ‘tarded.

I’ll fly the battle flag, Stars & Bars, and occasionally send Bonnie Blue up the pole.
There’s also a Betsy Ross, Sons of Liberty, and Culpepper in the mix, so people will know rebellion isn’t a market cornered by the South.

And yes, there’s current US flag that sees airtime as well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#13]
It's just a part of history, that's how it should be seen.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's a subtle reminder that the states are fully owned and controlled by the federal government and when they don't want to be anymore and decide to leave, they aren't free to do so. The feds will then invade, kill you 'for your own good' and the winner gets to write the history books.
View Quote

Exactly.

The Confederacy did the right thing for the wrong reasons. Resistance to the union and its tyranny has always been morally correct.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I know right...

Mn though filled their state up with Somalis though...so they are pretty progressive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
if you fly it i just assume youre an inbred retard but its a free country so people should just silently judge and move on. Neither side gives a shit what the other thinks so its an exercise in wasted time.

The north is full of racists

I know right...

Mn though filled their state up with Somalis though...so they are pretty progressive.

Just because they bring them in doesn't mean they integrate with them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Like white skin, Christianity or heterosexuality — best to just hide your true colors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Born and raised and lived in the south most of my life.
I would never fly one but don’t think anyone should be banned from doing so.

In 2023 though, regardless of what it means it invites trouble on you and I wouldn’t.

Just like how even though i have right of way walking across a street I wouldn’t do so during rush hour.

Like white skin, Christianity or heterosexuality — best to just hide your true colors.

More like gun stickers all over the back of your truck window. Or your kids names and schools on bumper stickers.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#18]
if you can have a Pride flag on your house, why not the Stars and Bars?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I never saw it as racist. I am from the north, so the whole Dixie/Rebel flag thing never was on my radar.

True southerners that love the flag should have probably bitched more when the Klan would wave it around...
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I display mine and a good sized Let's go Brandon sign, helps keep the woke fuks and brainwashed yankee trash from buying here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Being a native Texan,doesn’t bother me at all.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Sam Francis has largely been proven correct that the topic was a stalking horse to attack American heritage at large, and when I moved out west one of the first things I noticed was a lot of the anti-south rhetoric was adjusted by replacing slaves with indians and reused pretty much intact otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It has nothing to do with bigotry, or racism.
View Quote
+2
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

FYI
This is the last South Carolina state flag flown during the Confederacy.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Think about it.. I actually learn more about a person by their thoughts about the flag than the person flying the flag. If they are flying it in the south, 99% chance they have put not much more thought into flying it as they would the American flag. What you think about it, says more about you. Ask this same question on a woke, racist, lefty, liberal board. The replies will be a 180 from all the ones here. With the one exception, of the ones here that say redneck, inbreed, trailer trash, neck beard. backwoods, cousin marrying, hick or similar, I just know you are not from the South :P
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I think, "I must be in the South" and go about my buisness.  I don't really give it much thought at all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Philadelphia tore down one statue of an ex-mayor, and is trying to tear down a Columbus statue because it has never once been about eradicating symbols of the Civil War

What communists claim is an issue and what is the real issue are two usually completely opposite things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Philadelphia tore down one statue of an ex-mayor, and is trying to tear down a Columbus statue because it has never once been about eradicating symbols of the Civil War

What communists claim is an issue and what is the real issue are two usually completely opposite things.

The Cult of Dr King

It is merely a matter of time before the Confederate flag is surrendered, along with local statues of Confederate veterans and heroes, "Dixie," and most other memorials of antebellum civilization. Their passing may not be a cause of mourning among many outside the South (or many within the South, for that matter), but the same logic that compels their abandonment reaches further. The three most prominent monuments in Washington, DC, are those dedicated to George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Abraham Lincoln. Is there a schoolchild in the United States today who does not know that the first two were slaveowners? Is there any literate person in America who does not know that none of the three was a racial egalitarian, that every one of them uttered statements that make Jimmy the Greek sound like an ACLU lawyer? The same argument that drives Mr. Snyder from his low but honest trade and pulls down a banner commemorating the last stand of a desperate people will demolish the obelisk and temples that memorialize the major statesmen of the American nation.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ve seen some references here that indicate knowledge of the Corwin Amendment is desperately lacking among the modern detractors of the CSA.

For the 1000th time, slavery in states that it existed (here’s looking at you too, North) was all but guaranteed, in perpetuity, if the South agreed to stay in the Union.

The outgoing President Buchanan, and the incoming President Lincoln were onboard with it, the Senate had passed it already.

So all the “sOuTh iS rAssiS” fanboys can go ahead and speculate why the CSA decided to exercise their right to leave when “OMG SLAVERY” was all but signed into law.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Even though I was born and raised on the Northern Plains I've have always viewed it as a symbol of Southern pride.

In a lot of ways I envy you Southerners. To a person, you all seem to have a lot of pride in your heritage. I admire that.

As others have stated, I really enjoy how much it triggers the libs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I like it. I understand and enjoy history and like seeing people that unique to their culture. I’m just weird I guess.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Idk I kind of note it , but that's about it. My buddy lives in rural Alabama and it's common place.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don’t PA and NY have the highest number of inbreds?  Which Muslim flag will become the Minnesota state flag?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
if you fly it i just assume youre an inbred retard but its a free country so people should just silently judge and move on. Neither side gives a shit what the other thinks so its an exercise in wasted time.

Don’t PA and NY have the highest number of inbreds?  Which Muslim flag will become the Minnesota state flag?

Bingo! If I owned a home in hell and one in the upper Midwest or northeast I'd live in the one in hell and rent out the other.

Can't stand hearing them talk. It's like the entire area is suffering from some inbred sinus condition.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I think I have seen more confederate battle flags flying in rural Pennsylvania than I have in my recent travels down south.

Anymore, the flag stands for someone who is a free thinking, freedom minded rebel type that just doesn't give a fuck. People that I usually get along with immediately. Not only that, just the sight of it sets lefties into fits.

The paid actors at protests, and a few dimwits will fly it for racist purposes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#36]
 Ladies and Gentlemen we ask you now to please rise and remove your hats for the playing of our National anthem!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I laugh and appreciate people letting me know how fucking dumb they are.

Not even (most) Antifa people are stupid enough to put a flag outside their residence or on their car.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#39]
When Obama was babbling about it I was forced to go out and buy a couple.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Never give it a second thought....
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Our family hails from South Carolina. Having lost many family members in that war that flag has special meaning to me, and none of it is racist.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#42]
In my mind it has nothing to do with racism but it does let people know that red necks are still alive and well in the south.

To me it says more about them than sending some type of message to me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
if you can have a Pride flag on your house, why not the Stars and Bars?
View Quote

The confederate flag doesn't bother me in the least. I'm fairly indifferent to it.

But when I see someone flying a pride flag, I know they're gonna be a dickhead.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I feel nothing and completely emotionless.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#45]
one time long long ago, one of my old neighbors and i were out making conversation one day when i truck rode by with "the flag" on it!  neighbor says.. "man, aint that sum bullish, dude riding around with that flag on his truck..damn racist"!!  to which i says..wow, ok!  he says, what you know about that flag, i don't see you flying it!  i says..no sir.. i do not.. for no particular reason i just don't fly many flags!  only 1 to be exact, the stars and bars!  i tell him i do know the history of it though and what it does and doesn't mean to most people!  he says, "oh yea, what you know bout that history of that flag and what it means to people like me"!  to which i replied, probably about as much as it does those colors you have displayed the window of your home and the drapery and such you have scattered throughout your house!  he says, "what you mean"?  i says, is that not the colors of the Ashanti Tribe or Asante Tribe of Africa?  he says "yea it is why you ask, thats muh heritage, muh ancestory"!!  to which i retort..well then, both them flags have a lot more in common than you think!  he says, "what you mean".. i says.. because they both are tied to slavery, the difference is, 1 started it and did it long before the other was associated with it!!  he then says, "WHAT!! You ont know what you talking bout boy!! you trippin"!!  i says, look it up!!  GOOGLE IT!!  A few days later i notice the colors in his window are gone.  never went back inside his house but he did acknowledge that he had no known understanding of that concept until a "white man" told him!  i also informed him of a few other tribes in Africa to take a look at whenever he had the chance( The OYO, MALI and the Kingdom of Benin), he might just be surprised by what he finds!!  we never really spoke much about those topics again!
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Third National / Blood Stained Banner.

My neighbor two doors down from me had a relative who worked at the Richmond Depot during the War of Northern Aggression as a seamstress.  He has an original Third National in his collection from the Depot.  He also has an original Stars and Bars, and Stainless Banner.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Born and raised in the south and lived in the deep south for decades, I have no qualms about it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ok, defend the position of a German-American flying the German flag with a swastika on it. @AXE0FWAR
View Quote

You yourself said its an apples to oranges comparison....and you want me to defend it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I’ve seen some references here that indicate knowledge of the Corwin Amendment is desperately lacking among the modern detractors of the CSA.

For the 1000th time, slavery in states that it existed (here’s looking at you too, North) was all but guaranteed, in perpetuity, if the South agreed to stay in the Union.

The outgoing President Buchanan, and the incoming President Lincoln were onboard with it, the Senate had passed it already.

So all the “sOuTh iS rAssiS” fanboys can go ahead and speculate why the CSA decided to exercise their right to leave when “OMG SLAVERY” was all but signed into law.

View Quote

I always try to see if facts support the narrative. The facts do not support the narrative that the North was fighting a moral battle to free enslaved people, mostly because there were legally enslaved people in the north for months after the war ended, much less began.

It's a complicated issue that's been simplified and sugar coated.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top