[#1]
State Department, USAID
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FF have power
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/94613/Onthefloorlaffing-152751.gif

Someone needs to tell that to the LEOs that keep arresting us for blocking traffic to keep cars from running over people laying in the streets at accident scenes.
View Quote
I don't believe you.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Priests and ministers.

At best they're taking money and selling an afterlife fairy tale.  You're literally paying for nothing.  At worst they're ass raping little boys while the church hierarchy covers it up.
View Quote
Good answer!

I vote municipal judge.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't believe you.
View Quote
It happens from time to time. Usually the cop loses the resulting court case and are regularly fired or suspended for it later but it does happen. We have a good relationship with our local LE but in some places everything is a pissing match.  

One local case.

https://www.firerescue1.com/incident-command/articles/350877-Fire-captain-arrested-for-apparatus-placement-awarded-17-500-in-Mo/

The cop was later fired over the incident.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#5]
firefighters
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think university professors (you know, the tenured guys at real research universities) are very noble, and incredibly humble ... and also very attractive.

Like beautiful graceful gods, really.  

Nothing over-rated about those magnificent human beings at all.

Indeed, their magnificence is equaled only by their humility.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/RCyYuLQ7_Ws
Damn it, man.  I went and watched the video.  Now I can't stop picturing that Danish scarecrow in a cowboy hat and skin tight blue jeans.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll be the bad guy:

40% of the FF/LEO's out there.  They do it for the perks, status symbol, and power.
View Quote
Bullshit!!!!!!!  I became a fireman for 48 hours off motherfucker!!!!  
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've worked with a lot of engineers over the years, and the ones who seemed to enjoy their work professed to have pursued the job to learn and build things. They just genuinely enjoyed creating something substantial out of a mere idea. They were (and are) usually fun to work with.
View Quote
Agreed but that's still not "noble"
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
School teachers.

They work 180 days of the year and bitch about not being paid enough.
View Quote
How much would it take for you to teach a "year" of 9th grade math classes....................
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Judge

Popous. Arrogant asses.
View Quote
A fucking lawyer in a man dress
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Social Workers.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Teachers, since most of them are leftists.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Strippers.

Not doing it for humanity at all.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Judges [almost always 100% libs] who don't follow written law and make up their own rulings.

Assholes don't even know their place in the legal/Judicial system.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Engineers

They're right up there with crossfit people and vegans. It's like they can't keep from talking about it.

My BIL is a Dr. He's a pretty good guy but I swear people act like he's bringing people back from the dead every day. We were working on something one time and my mom chimed in "Be careful of Alex's hands, we don't want him getting hurt." I looked at her and asked if she thought I made money with my good looks.
View Quote
Is your bil  a douche or are you just tired of hearing about him from your mother.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol! I did it for the broken body. Bonus was I met my wife after dropping off a pt.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It happens from time to time. Usually the cop loses the resulting court case and are regularly fired or suspended for it later but it does happen. We have a good relationship with our local LE but in some places everything is a pissing match.  

One local case.

https://www.firerescue1.com/incident-command/articles/350877-Fire-captain-arrested-for-apparatus-placement-awarded-17-500-in-Mo/

The cop was later fired over the incident.
View Quote
I learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
48....pfft

We get 96.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I learn something new everyday.
View Quote
It's rare but every once in a while you get that one asshat who thinks he can run a scene better. I've never experienced any problems in 14 years but I have heard some horror stories from the old guys about a long since retired state trooper who used to try and play chief on interstate traffic crashes. That finally resolved itself when they pulled him off the highway and stuck him in a scale house.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#20]
clergy
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Politicians: self-serving elitists

Lawyers: a necessary evil, but mostly scuzzy

LEOs: self-serving elitists suckling the tax payer's teat. I've known maybe 2 or 3 decent LEOs.

Teachers: most I've known tend to be all about their benefits & pay, with little interest in actually teaching

.mil: I'm sure there are good, hard-working men & women in the military, I just have never met one who wasn't "working the system" for as little work as possible

Anyone with a tax payer supported job & benefits: to wit, DMV, cops, ATF, etc. again, they usually are about doing as litttle work from 9-5 for their entitlements

Best folks I've encountered are self-employed machinists, mechanics, accountants, landscapers, etc. the key to me is people who work, rather than suckling the taxpayer's teat.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sounds like smart guys
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
40% of the FF/LEO's out there.  They do it for the perks, status symbol, and power.
You are correct. I work with quite a few that are just here for the pension and insurance and don't give a rats ass about the job. Not that I wouldn't leave if those things were taken away but I enjoy what I do most days.
Sounds like smart guys
This.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Strippers.

Not doing it for humanity at all.
View Quote
How dare you besmirch my heroes.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top