BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The market for an mp5 is smaller because of the current prices.

When you can build a 9mm ar, that uses cheap glock mags, for under $600, a $1700+ mp5 clone is a hard sell for most people.

I think if psa gets a reliable clone to market for $1000 or less, it will sell.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel like it’s a little too late.

The oem, H&K is finally releasing one.  The hardcore collectors will buy that.

There are now several other clone companies.  A bit expensive but out there.

The market for mp5s certainly is smaller than ARs.  And the design makes it much more expensive.  So between design and economies of scale, it will be much more expensive than a regular AR.

So... kind of late to the market.

When you can build a 9mm ar, that uses cheap glock mags, for under $600, a $1700+ mp5 clone is a hard sell for most people.

I’m not sure if they can get the $1000 range.

At that, this has now been teased for years.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow so they made a front sight.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Please make an MP5/10
Please make an MP5/10
Please make an MP5/10
Please make an MP5/10
Please make an MP5/10
Please make an MP5/10
Please make an MP5/10
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn I thought that was last year.  Next year all they will be down to is the sight post.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a lot less of it then they had at SHOT 2019.  Going the wrong way here guys.
They had the full gun on display shot show 2018
Damn I thought that was last year.  Next year all they will be down to is the sight post.
Here’s a screenshot of an article. I held one in 2018
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
The people buying MP5s / Clones don't care how cheap a 9mm AR that uses Glock mags can be had for.....it's not what they are interested in......
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#8]
In

I have two H&K Mp-5’s but can add more
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry if this sounds syrupy or corny, but IMO PSA is becoming a national treasure. God bless them.
View Quote
Thinking the same, you are not alone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Will it take Glock mags?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Will it take Glock mags?
View Quote
Gross. Why would you want anything to?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Well it’s back to the PSA lost a customer thread....
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Gross. Why would you want anything to?
View Quote
We know who didn't get the memo.

Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Please make an MP5 and a Bren 10
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#15]
reports of my death have been exagerated
View Quote
Yeah... I think we're gonna need proof of life.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#16]
They showed the whole thing at LAST YEARS SHOT SHOW. Now just a front site. Stop putting out teasers and put out a gun. Maybe surprise everyone when you actually release it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
The marked will be... interesting, that’s for sure. The MP5 itself is way old school compared to what’s out there now for 9mm sub guns. Collectors will go the true HK route, but the intrigue of finally getting an 80s icon will get the same guys who were part of the uzi craze a few years back.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok first I am a proud South Carolinian and I am no way affiliated with PSA.  I don't even know the name of a single employ.

With that said here is a reality check for all the bitching and moaning with MP5 or shipping etc etc.
 PSA started as a small company and in many ways they still are. They have experienced extremely rapid growth in a very crowded market in a very short amount of time. Anyone who runs or owns a business that has had rapid growth knows it is a blessing and a complete nightmare.   Literally your scrambling to create new systems and positions on the fly. While it may sound great to stop take a breath and control growth you have to strike while the iron is hot. Otherwise the opportunity may not be there.
 PSA has literally turned the market upside down in a way that favors the buyer.  Add to that they are based in and made in the USA.  That is a big deal despite the members here who would continue to step on their neighbors throat to buy a Norinco clone or a chicom Spyderco counterfeit.    If you don't like the days of $600 FN CHF barrels, 60 Lowers, $70 tool craft BCG and 10 free p-mags with a regular priced Vortex Sparc then go buy from someone else.

Everyone on the AK boards used to dream of a Vityaz and PSA delivered the PK-AV. Aside from the purest most dreamed of a day you could buy a quality USA made AK. PSA delivered. Affordable 9mm AR's that work. Delivered. .22lr conversions, $300 S&W shields that allowed the poors to have a good handgun, AR's in 7.62x39, Affordable AR10's, $100 Build Kits.  I can keep going but you get the point.  All that from a small company with a warehouse in Columbia SC.    WIth all their resources not one of the big guys ever gave so much to the firearms community.    While companies like Colt,DD, RRA,Glock, HK etc etc are chasing military contracts PSA is making VA "Sic Semper Tyrannis" lowers and donating money to the VCDL.

Now I do realize PSA has had their hurdles and issues with the AK and other new projects.  As it pertains to this thread and the MP5 it is what it is.  Sure they bring a lot of it on themselves with way to early announcements etc I get that . Yes they have had some design issues they had to go back and correct. They still have done so much with so little compared to the Colts/HK's of the world.   With all that said you may want to consider cutting them a little slack. Or if you don't want to wait pay the extra cash and buy a PTR, Zenith, POF or a HK they are out there now.

I don't mean to get so worked up but I vividly remember a time when $800-900 min you had a choice of a neutered RRA,Bushmaster or Colt.  I remember buying my first build parts from model 1 sales.
Those days sucked compared to now.   It's a free country so ultimately cry like a baby if you want.   Maybe just maybe you would stop and appreciate a company trying to bring so much within reach affordably.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Now where's the rest of it?
View Quote
Greatly exaggerated not somewhat exaggerated
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That's not a lot of progress
View Quote
Next year they’ll post another part for SHOT 2021
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#21]
The MP5 could use some updates I agree.  Including B&T there isn't better suppressor host in 9mm from the point of how soft it shoots with no gas in your face.
B&T is really nice but still a glorified blowback with a hydraulic buffer.  The MPX is way heavy for it's design and for those that shoot suppressed the gas in face sucks.

When the roller locked Stribog gets here that will be huge IMO.  They would be wise to make it compatible with the CZ mags if they want to really take the market.

So yes the MP5 is older but for now still the golden standard IMO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#22]
"available next shotshow...for more pics and press releases"
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ok first I am a proud South Carolinian and I am no way affiliated with PSA.  I don't even know the name of a single employ.

With that said here is a reality check for all the bitching and moaning with MP5 or shipping etc etc.
 PSA started as a small company and in many ways they still are. They have experienced extremely rapid growth in a very crowded market in a very short amount of time. Anyone who runs or owns a business that has had rapid growth knows it is a blessing and a complete nightmare.   Literally your scrambling to create new systems and positions on the fly. While it may sound great to stop take a breath and control growth you have to strike while the iron is hot. Otherwise the opportunity may not be there.
 PSA has literally turned the market upside down in a way that favors the buyer.  Add to that they are based in and made in the USA.  That is a big deal despite the members here who would continue to step on their neighbors throat to buy a Norinco clone or a chicom Spyderco counterfeit.    If you don't like the days of $600 FN CHF barrels, 60 Lowers, $70 tool craft BCG and 10 free p-mags with a regular priced Vortex Sparc then go buy from someone else.

Everyone on the AK boards used to dream of a Vityaz and PSA delivered the PK-AV. Aside from the purest most dreamed of a day you could buy a quality USA made AK. PSA delivered. Affordable 9mm AR's that work. Delivered. .22lr conversions, $300 S&W shields that allowed the poors to have a good handgun, AR's in 7.62x39, Affordable AR10's, $100 Build Kits.  I can keep going but you get the point.  All that from a small company with a warehouse in Columbia SC.    WIth all their resources not one of the big guys ever gave so much to the firearms community.    While companies like Colt,DD, RRA,Glock, HK etc etc are chasing military contracts PSA is making VA "Sic Semper Tyrannis" lowers and donating money to the VCDL.

Now I do realize PSA has had their hurdles and issues with the AK and other new projects.  As it pertains to this thread and the MP5 it is what it is.  Sure they bring a lot of it on themselves with way to early announcements etc I get that . Yes they have had some design issues they had to go back and correct. They still have done so much with so little compared to the Colts/HK's of the world.   With all that said you may want to consider cutting them a little slack. Or if you don't want to wait pay the extra cash and buy a PTR, Zenith, POF or a HK they are out there now.

I don't mean to get so worked up but I vividly remember a time when $800-900 min you had a choice of a neutered RRA,Bushmaster or Colt.  I remember buying my first build parts from model 1 sales.
Those days sucked compared to now.   It's a free country so ultimately cry like a baby if you want.   Maybe just maybe you would stop and appreciate a company trying to bring so much within reach affordably.
View Quote
2/10
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Ship sailed .....they waited too long
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#25]
If it has taken them 3 years for just manufacturing the front sight and a pin, what does that extrapolate out to for time to manufacture the entire weapon????

Seriously -- they've been working on an MP5 clone for how many YEARS now?   If it is taking them that long, I'm more than a little leery that they'll actually be able to pull off a "cheap MP5 clone that actually works and is sturdy".

We're NOT talking the creation of a brand new weapon platform -- just the CLONING of one that is 50 years old, and has already been cloned successfully by others.

With the advent of the "licensed" POFs at $1399, I would think PSA would have to come in at (or under) the $999 mark to be successful with a clone.   Can they do that and still have a reliable, well-made clone?  Heck, their AKV's are $800, and those can be mostly be made from a garbage can, a stone and a block of wood -- I'm exaggerating, of course, but the point is, the AK platform is not NEARLY as complex as an MP5, and its price is already very near what their MP5 clone would have to sell for.

God bless them for trying, but I'm skeptical.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
This forum really needs a "Like" button!
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#28]
$1000 mp5?  I can only dream.  Wonder what it will be priced at.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#29]
They took too long, and I stopped waiting. I ended up getting a ptr.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#30]
They had it at the NRA show with a big sign "do not touch". I personally heed thier advice.

The MP5 is not the AR15. Building them is not the same and you don't get to rely on the reputability of CNC machining to assemble a lego gun. This actually require welding and proper alignment of parts which is a skill that I doubt PSA has the patience or skill to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They took too long, and I stopped waiting. I ended up getting a ptr.
View Quote
I have an HK on order.

If PSA ever produces one I’ll probably get it too.  Leave it a pistol as I’m going to SBR my SP5.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
$899 and it would always be sold out.

$999 would be hugely competitive... and they would be always sold out.

I think $1199 to $1299 is where the price will land, and that would still be pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
the more they delay, the more everyone will have a Zenith or PTR and will not want a PSA.
View Quote
Yup, already bought PTR and Zenith.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll have a full order of fail and 2 sides of disappointment please
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll take that one and leave the gun and the dress for you guys.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

$899 and it would always be sold out.

$999 would be hugely competitive... and they would be always sold out.

I think $1199 to $1299 is where the price will land, and that would still be pretty good.
View Quote
My thoughts as well. I bet they roll them out around 1200 and slowly roll it down to under a G.

Anyone who thinks their Zenith wouldn't drop in price, or that PSA wouldn't sell out, has no understanding of the market
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Double want
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Already got a Zenith.  Countries in war, under arial bombardment  have developed and produced firearms quicker.  Maybe they have to mine the same unobtainium as HK to produce them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I’ll buy right now, and when they tell me 6 month wait I won’t bitch and moan at the 5 month point like the guys about Geissele taking the full 8 week lead time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sorry if this sounds syrupy or corny, but IMO PSA is becoming a national treasure. God bless them.
View Quote
Yes the AliExpress of firearms. Quite the treasure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#42]
PSA cock tease!
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is the sight canted?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Will it take Glock mags?
View Quote
I damn well hope not
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Better chance tapping that hottie then tapping the trigger on a PSA Mp5!
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Personally I lost all interest in one at this point.

Maybe once I see people posting pics and videos of shooting them, I might get a tingle in my pants again. For now, I'm fine with my suppressed 5.5" SBR 9mm AR.

Obviously YMMV
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Better chance tapping that hottie then tapping the trigger on a PSA Mp5!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Elbows too pointy.
MP5 too fake.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Today only!!!

Every PSA5 purchased comes with a free Magpul Masada & a case of Black Talons.
But I want to believe
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top