[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup, already bought PTR and Zenith.
View Quote
Which is better?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone who rushes out to buy a PSA MP5 is a bit crazy. Whenever they start making a new gun there are pretty much always issues with the early ones. Even their AKs have taken a while to get sorted out. Given the MP5 is notoriously difficult to get right, the odds of PSA getting it right out of the gate are pretty slim.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone who rushes out to buy a PSA MP5 is a bit crazy. Whenever they start making a new gun there are pretty much always issues with the early ones. Even their AKs have taken a while to get sorted out. Given the MP5 is notoriously difficult to get right, the odds of PSA getting it right out of the gate are pretty slim.
View Quote
This.  What are they up to on their AK-47s now?  Gen 3 or 4?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that picture one or two years old?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Psa sucks.  They take so much of my money.  Stupid ak is a daily deal at 529.  They need a credit card like amazon so I can get 5% off.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been watching this release now for a bit... some of the videos/photos from shot show make it look like a dollar store MP5. Poor looking finish, incorrect furniture/setup. I'm trying not to be too much of a purist but hopefully they can fix the things I mentioned. Then you see others with the normal SEF trigger packs that make it look way better. Just hope they lengthen the barrel for the A3 forend and it could be killer.

With that being said, ANY MP5 style platform at or under $1000 that works without any hiccups would be an amazing thing if they pull it off. This could be big for PSA as pistol caliber carbines seemed to have really taken off.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Still waiting patiently on the PSA-5.
But just make a roller locked upper that would work with existing AR lowers and I'll buy 10
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

However if their parts fully interchangeable...I may get both.
View Quote
That front sight post isn't even interchangeable with HK, so I think we can rule out parts compatibility from what we've seen so far.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Between this and the new CHF CL AK rifles they just introduced....mmmm
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
just another cock tease
View Quote
Like the Bren10 v2.0 vaporware
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Agreed. They just did the AK and posters here were bitching about "How dare they put their logo on it!" and "Where is muh MP5?!?!" Likely to hear logo complaints about this one too. That is rich. Palmetto has has shared more 2A love and kindness to us with their products tha HK ever did. I've no desire for an MP5 clone, but if I did, I'd insist the PSA logo is prominently displayed on it.
View Quote
I don't know...I think I'll want mine to have "Make the MP5 Great Again" engraved on it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m down right giddy hoping this thing comes out next week when the show opens up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't wait to see all the same people who bitched about the rail on the PTR to bitch if there's no rail on the PSA
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Damn right
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry if this sounds syrupy or corny, but IMO PSA is becoming a national treasure. God bless them.
Damn right
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah glock is up to like 5 gens and none of those have gotten it right!!!

Your post is bad and you should feel bad.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:40:39 AM EDT
[#20]
PSA will release a Brenten first.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#21]
They'll be about as good as their Ak's
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#22]
They can't hit their price point.. so they have decided to release one part per Shot Show.  Maybe by 2048 you will have a complete gun.  Itll only hurt a little every year.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:22:13 AM EDT
[#23]
This is the only real kind of MP5....

made in Germany, ID date code

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:06:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Shot Show 2019: I was excited to see what PSA had for their MP5 and had money saved up for that.

Shot Show 2020: Have a Zenith Z5RS, Binary Trigger, and Rugged Obsidian 45 purchased and cleared since that time.

Too little too late. I see most people that were interested in this have already moved on.

Also looks like they aren't keeping it original. The front sight posted is modified to use an AR post.

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:12:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Is it in Mils or MOA?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:14:07 AM EDT
[#26]
To the best of my knowledge a completes set of MP5 production dies tooling jigs and fixtures is obtainable in one of two ways. Sign a licensing agreement with HK or make it from scratch.  The first will be very very expensive. The second will be less expensive than the first but requires large sums of money and lots of machine time and engineering.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The market for an mp5 is smaller because of the current prices.

When you can build a 9mm ar, that uses cheap glock mags, for under $600, a $1700+ mp5 clone is a hard sell for most people.

I think if psa gets a reliable clone to market for $1000 or less, it will sell.
View Quote
Apples, oranges. A 9mm AR will never compare to an MP5.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:39:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Shot Show 2019: I was excited to see what PSA had for their MP5 and had money saved up for that.

Shot Show 2020: Have a Zenith Z5RS, Binary Trigger, and Rugged Obsidian 45 purchased and cleared since that time.

Too little too late. I see most people that were interested in this have already moved on.

Also looks like they aren't keeping it original. The front sight posted is modified to use an AR post.

https://i.imgur.com/9yC1Mlp.png
View Quote
Interdasting.

This picture suggests that the HK pure / HK clone segment of the market is not what PSA is shooting for with this product.

Waiting and watching.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:05:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The people buying MP5s / Clones don't care how cheap a 9mm AR that uses Glock mags can be had for.....it's not what they are interested in......
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Double want
View All Quotes
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:36:30 AM EDT
[#31]
PSA is kicking ass, I love that company.
Honorable mention to Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Between the mp5 and the siete it’s like those bike races as a kid where the last guy over the line won.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:23:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Any idea of cost? (When they actually come out )

I. Want. One. Now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:29:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Which is better?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, already bought PTR and Zenith.
Which is better?
I have a Zenith & it kicks ass.  That said, I wish PSA the best of luck on bringing this to market.  If the price is right & they run well I’ll absolutely consider purchasing one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jesus Christ, the people that tout the MP5 as some kind of be all end all are functionally restarted. I’ve got one, it ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. No last round bolt hold, the mag well sucks. The ergos suck and it’s overly complicated for what it is. It’s main claim to fame is that it shoots smooth. So fucking what. It’s a 9mm they all shoot smooth. There are half a dozen PCCs on the market that blow it away in most camps for way less money.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ, the people that tout the MP5 as some kind of be all end all are functionally restarted. I’ve got one, it ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. No last round bolt hold, the mag well sucks. The ergos suck and it’s overly complicated for what it is. It’s main claim to fame is that it shoots smooth. So fucking what. It’s a 9mm they all shoot smooth. There are half a dozen PCCs on the market that blow it away in most camps for way less money.
View Quote
The MP5/10 has a BHO; it can be done.
The greatness of the MP5 clone is that you can drop a registered sear into it.
Yes, the magwell and ergos generally suck; but that bolt release is so '80's action flick cool!
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#37]
So everyone saying its a no go because it took to long....if it hits the market for $800 in a month and has minor improvements but still retains 95% interchange and 100% functional principle/design (except maybe how they integrate LRBHO) , should you be a buyer or not interested at all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The greatness of the MP5 clone is that you can drop a registered sear into it.
View Quote
Damned by faint praise.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Talking to a salesman at the Columbia store yesterday and he says it will be released at Shot Show.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Talking to a salesman at the Columbia store yesterday and he says it will be released at Shot Show.
View Quote
idontbelieveyou.gif
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not holding my breathe.

I have hope but its similar to the hope that I'll have sex with Kate Mara some day
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sure
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have a Zenith & it kicks ass.  That said, I wish PSA the best of luck on bringing this to market.  If the price is right & they run well I’ll absolutely consider purchasing one.
View Quote
This - well, except that I have 2 Zeniths.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
True, 9MM AR's that takes Glock mags is functionally superior.

The MP5 shines when it's time to pretend you're an 80's movie guy, and that's okay.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The MP5 shines when it's time to pretend you're an 80's movie guy, and that's okay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As someone who owns a 9mm AR,  no they are not functionally superior.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/9yC1Mlp.png
View Quote
wtf, that means no HK style diopter sights where adjustments are made at the rear?
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Based upon the sight post mod, I'm going to guess this thing is going to take AKV/Scorpian mags.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
what year?
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#49]
PSA tries and I like them for that, even if they were a bit overly optimistic in their estimated release date. Same as Fostec. How long do they make their customers wait?

And I remember their humble beginnings. I bought some AK ammo from them when they were working out of a garage. Met me at the Food Lion grocery store in Blythewood to do the exchange and save me shipping to my home one mile away. I remember discussing this website with them and giving them props here hoping to give their sales a boost. I also recall discussing the possibility of building ARs for sale. I was still active duty back then and couldn’t swing two jobs. Glad to see where they are today.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#50]
All things MP5 are a yawn fest for me. I just dont get it. I mean, if the design was so good why did HK stop making it?
I carried a few different models for some considerable time overseas and hated every single time I had to use it.
Given that, bravo to PSA for trying and bringing so much goodness to so many.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top