Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
meh.....more psa crap for the fudd masses.....
View Quote
With a username like that, we know who the real fudd is.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

LOL, yeah, I wasn’t gonna open that can of worms but all the h8ters come out every time there’s a piston AR thread ... except when they don’t.

I’m a huge piston AR fan and I’m interested in seeing if this ever comes to fruition!
View Quote
Personally I see no advantage in barrel lengths over 11.5”. Shorter AR’s benefit from piston operation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Palmetto State Armory PSAK-E, PSA5, PS9 Dagger, PSA JAKL - SHOT Show 2020

"You know how to stop a commie from drowning?"
"No"
"Good!"
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Will it require a tax stamp?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Will it require a tax stamp?
View Quote
Looks like I had a folding brace and is a pistol. I am guessing no.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll buy it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll buy it.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#8]
BRN-180S URG is $830.  I predict these hitting the market at $800. I'll bite.

But hopefully it's both upper and brace.  But I'd bet no.  Brace will likely MSRP at $200.

Just take 5 cents off the amounts I've quoted to show $199.85, and $799.95
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, in 300BO pistons I've already got a PWS MK109 (9" long-stroke) and an Adams UA-9.5-P-XLP-EVO-300BLK (9.5" short-stroke) but neither of those are "bufferless"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, yeah, I wasn't gonna open that can of worms but all the h8ters come out every time there's a piston AR thread ... except when they don't.

I'm a huge piston AR fan and I'm interested in seeing if this ever comes to fruition!
@rsolomon

Keep your eyes in Superlative Arms as well. They are releasing a short 300 BLK barrelled piston upper (already was supposed to be out). Not sure about final configuration or length yet.
Yeah, in 300BO pistons I've already got a PWS MK109 (9" long-stroke) and an Adams UA-9.5-P-XLP-EVO-300BLK (9.5" short-stroke) but neither of those are "bufferless"
I think it just means there's no buffer tube and buffer. It's just a gas piston driven gun with a recoil/return spring inside the receiver. Not sure why they say bufferless instead of long stroke gas piston.

On a side note, I wonder why they went with the long stroke over the AR-180  short stroke piston everybody else uses these days.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I assume you would need to use the JACKL gas block but can the JACKL use AR15 barrels?

Looks very interesting to me.  I would like one with a Colt 11.5" FBI barrel.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think it just means there's no buffer tube and buffer. It's just a gas piston driven gun with a recoil/return spring inside the receiver. Not sure why they say bufferless instead of long stroke gas piston.

On a side note, I wonder why they went with the long stroke over the AR-180  short stroke piston everybody else uses these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, yeah, I wasn't gonna open that can of worms but all the h8ters come out every time there's a piston AR thread ... except when they don't.

I'm a huge piston AR fan and I'm interested in seeing if this ever comes to fruition!
@rsolomon

Keep your eyes in Superlative Arms as well. They are releasing a short 300 BLK barrelled piston upper (already was supposed to be out). Not sure about final configuration or length yet.

Sorry, I meant the preceding uppers required a traditional buffer and recoil spring in a lower-receiver-attached buffer tube just like a classic DI AR does.  Short- vs long-stroke shouldn't (to my knowledge) have anything to do with "bufferless" or not - I believe you could build a short-stroke piston system that's "bufferless" just like you could a long-stroke.  The PWS upper is long-stroke while the Adams is short-stroke, and both need the "standard" buffer setup.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I haven't heard barrel length yet?

Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be buying in 300 blk(hopefully 8"ish barrel)Depending on the rest of the specs, but I'm really excited it's a mono upper. No better way to do it IMO.

Hopefully we can get a FN CHF barrel.

If this was Geissele, LMT, etc.. this would be a 10+page thread by now. Pretty excited about this though, could be my new HD gun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm definitely down for a .45, maybe a 9mm.

I hope they do it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks sweet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn it.  I've got other stuff I need to spend money on this year.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I want a scaled up one in 308
View Quote
This...maybe.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry, I meant the preceding uppers required a traditional buffer and recoil spring in a lower-receiver-attached buffer tube just like a classic DI AR does.  Short- vs long-stroke shouldn't (to my knowledge) have anything to do with "bufferless" or not - I believe you could build a short-stroke piston system that's "bufferless" just like you could a long-stroke.  The PWS upper is long-stroke while the Adams is short-stroke, and both need the "standard" buffer setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@rsolomon

Yeah I forgot that many DI AR-15s use the buffer tube. Oopsie.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm definitely down for a .45, maybe a 9mm.

I hope they do it.
View Quote
YES! It would be a sweet little pistol caliber gun, especially when suppressing
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How hard can a .223/5.56 kick? Shit, I had a 14" Contender barrel for a while. Even with the scope that was much lighter than most any AR pattern rifle and it was like shooting a rimfire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
without buffer wouldn't it kick harder?
How hard can a .223/5.56 kick? Shit, I had a 14" Contender barrel for a while. Even with the scope that was much lighter than most any AR pattern rifle and it was like shooting a rimfire.
Try slingin them 75 grainers with some pepper behind'm. Boy that'll wake the shoulder up yessir!
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In for the shortest barrel length in 300 BLK if somebody knows. Other manufacturers have tried and been unsuccessful doing a very short 300 BLK with a long stroke piston system.

https://media.giphy.com/media/20Jfbkqya7nrp7EcMP/giphy.gif
7.5" Long Stroke
Holy shit man $2200!!!!!!!!!!! That’s nuts!
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
The XCR is a great rifle, but Robarm definitely makes their money off margin vs. volume.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Not sure what the barrel is going to be made of, probably not stainless at PSA's price points. I heard PSA say in an interview that the entire gun would be $799. I'd guess at least half that or better for only the upper.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In for the shortest barrel length in 300 BLK if somebody knows. Other manufacturers have tried and been unsuccessful doing a very short 300 BLK with a long stroke piston system.

7.5" Long Stroke
I thought the same things, and the gun is proprietary as all hell. That price point for tat style gun is why you never see them anywhere, ever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I thought the same things, and the gun is proprietary as all hell. That price point for tat style gun is why you never see them anywhere, ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

7.5" Long Stroke
More power to the folks that can afford them it just ain’t me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#29]
I have not been interested in any more ar15 type rifles. Just don't need anymore (I know, never enough..). But this just shot to the top of my list. Love it. Looking forward to seeing how it performs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:21:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is this the same design as the ARFcom 10th Anniversary SEBR?

Anyone?
View Quote
@krpind

It is not.

The PSA JAKL uses a long-stroke piston.

The 10th Anniversary SEBR had a ZM Weapons LR-300 upper. It had a unique gas system that basically had a very long gas key, which went out past the upper receiver and stopped before the gas block. The extended key slide over the gas tube, and there's a spring over that, which is kind of like a piston. It also had a a chopped bolt carrier (so that it would work with the folding stock; proprietary FCG parts were needed for the select fire versions due to that).
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I want one of these pistol grips.
View Quote
I want a complete LR-300. Sadly those are rare as hens teeth now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:10:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Food is over rated.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I want a complete LR-300. Sadly those are rare as hens teeth now.
View Quote
I still have old shotgun news and Gunlist magazines with ZM LR-300 ads in them.  I should dig them out and look up the price.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Food is over rated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Food is over rated.
I have a Lunchbox SR-25 to buy. Then stripped lowers and some mags. If I get all of that done by the time this is released it may be my Black Friday purchase this year.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#35]
mmmm .300 BLK, yes please....
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Bump for barrel length of the 300 BLK if any member is at Shot Show and boobs because reasons.

ETA: Got an answer from a Shot Show PSA video, 7.5" barrel length!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Pretty sure the brace is already on their AK9

Edit: I’m wrong, they still haven’t released it but should soon according to robski
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BRN-180S URG is $830.  I predict these hitting the market at $800. I'll bite.

But hopefully it's both upper and brace.  But I'd bet no.  Brace will likely MSRP at $200.

Just take 5 cents off the amounts I've quoted to show $199.85, and $799.95
Pretty sure the brace is already on their AK9

Edit: I’m wrong, they still haven’t released it but should soon according to robski
This brace?  $159.99 and in stock.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:05:12 AM EDT
[#38]
of course this would be announced right after I buy a CZ Bren.....

I'll still get one though..
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:21:15 AM EDT
[#39]
7.5 for 300BLK
10.5 for 5.56  
Per one of the videos
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:11:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Really? MCX will set you back $1500-2000 based on a very quick innerweb search.

Not sure I really care about this as a full gun, but you can get this upper and throw it on an existing SBR or pistol lower, which makes for a very small/neat package. Not sure on price yet but if it sticks with PSA's model it will be extremely affordable.

My HD gun is a 300 BLK 8" pistol. If these run right it would be nice to have the same thing but have the ability to fold it. Adjustable gas is also good to have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting but why bother? At that point you may as well build from the ground up. See the MCX.

I like that they're expanding but they seem like they might be pushing too hard. Get the AKs right, get those MP5s out, and we'll see about those Glock things. Seems like they have their plate full as is.
Really? MCX will set you back $1500-2000 based on a very quick innerweb search.

Not sure I really care about this as a full gun, but you can get this upper and throw it on an existing SBR or pistol lower, which makes for a very small/neat package. Not sure on price yet but if it sticks with PSA's model it will be extremely affordable.

My HD gun is a 300 BLK 8" pistol. If these run right it would be nice to have the same thing but have the ability to fold it. Adjustable gas is also good to have.
From the AR15.com PSA interview Video...
Because PSA is trying to make theses items affordable to the majority of firearms owners. The intent is to get these items out in the wild to the point they are considered an  "in common use" item. This protects items to a degree from certain gov regulations.
Their own PSA "glock clone" will retail for $299, and their AR and AK offerings are priced so low to get them out in the hands of the public and "in common use".

PSA has stated before that their business strategy is "That every man be armed".

I stand for that. PSA is not just trying to make a buck, which they are, their trying to arm everyone because they believe in the importance of the 2A.

From the other thread.

Palmetto State Armory PSAK-E, PSA5, PS9 Dagger, PSA JAKL - SHOT Show 2020
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Pure tits and winning from the Palmi bois.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#42]
They are making cool stuff.
That jakl looks sweet. I have had the BRN 180 in my brownwells shoping cart for a week. But the side charging handle no reciprocating on jkl is mo better
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Make it in 7.62x39 with a bolt that doesn’t eat extractors every 1k rounds and I’m interested.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Make it in 7.62x39 with a bolt that doesn’t eat extractors every 1k rounds and I’m interested.
View Quote
Mags are the 2nd failure point. Just go .300 BLK.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Mags are the 2nd failure point. Just go .300 BLK.
View Quote
300 Blackout is less effective and 3x as expensive.

There are AR x39 mags that work well enough. I have no interest in 300. I want to shoot for cheap and in volume.

Fix the bolt and extractor issues and I’m interested.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Make it in 6.5 grendel or offer a conversion kit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Apparently, its going to be around their Premium AR price range, $799-899.

Per this video:

PSA Unveils the JAKL AR/AK Hybrid (SHOT Show 2020)

Also mentioned, they are wanting to do carbine and DMR style uppers and in other calibers like 6.5 Grendel.

*Edit*

Apparently I can post youtube videos now? huh...
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Apparently, its going to be around their Premium AR price range, $799-899.

Per this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1yE1ZnC6uw

Also mentioned, they are wanting to do carbine and DMR style uppers and in other calibers like 6.5 Grendel.

*Edit*

Apparently I can post youtube videos now? huh...
View Quote
I'm guessing that $799-899 is for the complete rifle. That's great news.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I believe that is it.

That’s not a bad price.
View Quote
Does nobody see the humor in putting an AK "stock" on an "AR"?  PSA did it!!

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top