[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who?
Patrick McNamara spent 22 years in the United States Army in a myriad of special operations units. When he worked in the premier special missions unit, he became an impeccable marksman, shooting with accurate, lethal results and tactical effectiveness.
https://www.tmacsinc.com/
That got me
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I liked his BCM video on YouTube.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
If he takes out printer repairman then who fixed the PC Load Letter error?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who?
Patrick McNamara spent 22 years in the United States Army in a myriad of special operations units. When he worked in the premier special missions unit, he became an impeccable marksman, shooting with accurate, lethal results and tactical effectiveness.
https://www.tmacsinc.com/
Lol
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I quit reading at "coelenterates" because I have no idea what it means and don't care enough to look it up on my phone.

The article is much too smug and whiny, though probably mostly correct.
View Quote
An aquatic invertebrate that includes jellyfish, coral and sea anemones.

A very elaborate way of calling someone a spineless jellyfish.

I'm actually kinda impressed. Not everyday I run across a word I have never seen before in my life.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is his source material for his article, where he learned to keep his mouth shut
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/401569/Screen-Shot-2017-06-07-at-2_02_24-PM-638200.png
View Quote
This is why he won't get any more of my money.

His team mate Mike Pannone is solid though.
We were talking AK's during a lunch break, and he was stoked that I built one from an 80%.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
He can laugh all he wants.

Printer repairmen are going to be a hot commodity.
What with all of those 3D printed gun parts.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
And people like Paul Howe and Kyle Lamb just keep doing their thing quietly and without melodramatic tweets.

MacNamara has the experience to be a great instructor but he’s still a whiny cunt.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#9]
That certainly reads like something written by a Fudd who doesn’t realize he’s a Fudd.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And people like Paul Howe and Kyle Lamb just keep doing their thing quietly and without melodramatic tweets.

MacNamara has the experience to be a great instructor but he’s still a whiny cunt.
View Quote
Some day I would like to take a Paul Howe class... always struck me as a good dude and from my Generations .Mil service...

I took Mac's 3 day course a few years back... It was OK, I took away his Football carry method for running with a AR, that was it... His class was a One and done for me.

He's no Pat Rogers...
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He's another Carbine Kardashian.
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey wait a minute, that’s not a glock19 in his hand!
Is that a totally obsolete 1911?

Glock19 commandos, can you confirm?
View Quote
An anti gun FUDD with a 1911?

I'm thoroughly shocked and awed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Pick up that... YooHoo can.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why does it say "Paper Jam" when there is no paper jam?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#15]
So he’s said something stupid about gun laws, then backtracked.

I wouldn’t take a class on good gun laws from the guy.  I’ve heard almost nothing but good things about his classes from a shooting perspective, which is the only opinion he holds I give a shit about.

Taking a class with him this December.  No ragrats.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

An anti gun FUDD with a 1911?

I'm thoroughly shocked and awed.
View Quote
To be fair to him, He grew up shooting 1911's in the Unit... He shoots Glocks equally as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#17]
So he's saying boomer stuff that boomers like to hear and agree with?

Shocker.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So he’s said something stupid about gun laws, then backtracked.

I wouldn’t take a class on good gun laws from the guy.  I’ve heard almost nothing but good things about his classes from a shooting perspective, which is the only opinion he holds I give a shit about.

Taking a class with him this December.  No ragrats.
View Quote
I won't pay a cent to take a class from someone who wants innocent people left defenseless because of his feels.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When you do CrossFit five hours a day you learn how to quickly back pedal lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
When you do CrossFit five hours a day you learn how to quickly back pedal lol
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Attacking “keyboard commandos” and “internet trolls” is a straw man covering prior foot-in-mouth social media behavior by Pat.

Cynical move...even for a gun grabber.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
e-celebs gon e-celeb.

Pat has some decent advice about some stuff (specifically more {not less} trigger finger), but goes full retard often.
View Quote
Agreed, the “more” trigger finger greatly improved my accuracy when shooting for time.

He, like every other “celeb” trainer has some good advice, some probably not so good advice, and their opinions. I tend to try to listen to the good advice from these guys and disregard the rest.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Pat is one of those "I believe in the 2nd amendment but.." types.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd go into battle with him.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I’d like to see him write an article about why 3Day waiting periods are a good thing, what his personal beliefs are on the actual limits of the 2nd Amendment, and what other common sense gun control he supports.

Guys like him are very smart, very capable and very focused...in a narrow range of endeavors. They are not deep thinkers outside their area of specialty. It’s easy for them to fall into the logic traps of stuff like “common sense” gun control. If you aren’t a little wonky about the 2A debate you likely don’t realize how registration leads directly to confiscation.

That, or...testosterone is degenerative to brain cells.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I see the type of stuff he's talking about being done on here by members ALL the time.
Go to any shotgun for HD thread in the last ten years and watch the people he's talking about try to shit on people with knowledge and experience.

I mean... get butthurt all you want that he's a big meanie towards printer repairmen, but it doesn't mean his observations don't fit a LOT of posters here, and the internet in general in which he was speaking.

It's been like that for DECADES, especially on social media, much more so than here.

But I know many here like to play the victim like ARF is the only gun related website on the whole internet so every big name that is critical of shit posters on the net gets twisted into some personal vendetta against those here that fit the description.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Pat “Gunban” McNamara?

Never heard of her.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pat "Gunban" McNamara?

Never heard of her.
View Quote
To be fair, he is more popular with more experienced shooters and BTDT types.

So it's not surprising for many to not know the name.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pat "Gunban" McNamara?

Never heard of her.

Soory..... it's just that my motivation to keep and bear arms doesn't manifest itself as some need to give a shit what some guy I've never met says or thinks. I guess he has many devout followers, and that's  great.......but, I don't like the way he talks..... or his apparent expectation of unearned respect and clout from anonymous and unfamiliar strangers on the internet.

Just seems a bit needy?

But hey, I'm not a "serious trigger puller" nor do I spend my time criticizing internet firearms personalities about how they dance and sing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#30]
But LAV loves us Xerox repair men.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Just watched an interview with him immediately after "the incident"
Seems pretty clear to me that he isn't anti 2A.
Some people here and in the gun community like to act like high school girls and get catty, looking for any reason to cut down a fellow gun owner to make themselves appear to be uber patriots.
P&S ModCast 102 Clip - 01: PatMacGate
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Soory..... it's just that my motivation to keep and bear arms doesn't manifest itself as some need to give a shit what some guy I've never met says or thinks. I guess he has many devout followers, and that's  great.......but, I don't like the way he talks..... or his apparent expectation of unearned respect and clout from anonymous and unfamiliar strangers on the internet.

Just seems a bit needy?

But hey, I'm not a "serious trigger puller" nor do I spend my time criticizing internet firearms personalities about how they dance and sing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pat "Gunban" McNamara?

Never heard of her.

Just seems a bit needy?

It's cool, I'm sure you'll do a great job keeping and bearing arms from Ft Couch when it's time to do gangster shit.
Cause if you actually DID have motivation to keep and bear arms, Pat Mac is one of the top guys in the country that teaches how to bear them, which after the ballot box, is the last box to keep them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#33]
For those who don't know (or are just edge lording pretending not to know).

Profiles of Courage: Pat McNamara
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's cool, I'm sure you'll do a great job keeping and bearing arms from Ft Couch when it's time to do gangster shit.
Cause if you actually DID have motivation to keep and bear arms, Pat Mac is one of the top guys in the country that teaches how to bear them, which after the ballot box, is the last box to keep them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pat "Gunban" McNamara?

Never heard of her.

Just seems a bit needy?

I'll be the first to preclude myself from "gangster shit", though I'm confident I can secure my home and my property.

Symmetrical warfare, door kicking, open demonstrations of force...... Not likely to be "a thing" like in some peoples masturbatory fantasies.

Eta: but to be clear, my criticism isn't of how people choose to be prepared, and you and Pat aren't my enemies...... I just thought his request to be above reproach, even from turds...... is just a wee bit lofty.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#35]
All that article is, is a show of insecurity. He basically just cut his wrists in a shark tank lol. He has to be purposely stirring shit in order to act like he is a definitive expert. I can already see it now, someone'll call him on something and he'll post a link to that article and back peddle like a mother fucker.

What exactly is his background? Not trying to be edgy but I'm not familiar on who he is, but from that article he is claiming something.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'll be the first to preclude myself from "gangster shit", though I'm confident I can secure my home and my property.
Symmetrical warfare, door kicking, open demonstrations of force...... Not likely to be "a thing" like in some peoples masturbatory fantasies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pat "Gunban" McNamara?

Never heard of her.

Just seems a bit needy?

If you don't have the fundamentals to conduct "Symmetrical warfare, door kicking, open demonstrations of force" you don't have them to secure your home and property. It's all the same fundamentals and mentality.

You might be confident, but does that translate into being capable? For a LOT of people, those that haven't jumped in on the boon of modern training, and techniques made available since the early 2000's, that's probably a not really.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
White squire!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those who don't know (or are just edge lording pretending not to know).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWv7NndBf68
White squire!
Just trying to help people know who they're talking about so they don't sound exactly like who he's talking about. ;)
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Of course the internet is full of dorks but macnama is a preening, instagram posing gun grabber.

Smart guy and I have one of his books, but he's an elitist on 2a issues and is all over social media pushing his "brand" then complains about social media. Woe is me those internet joiks! Hey here's me out for coffee!

He's another Carbine Kardashian.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Ohhh wow... just watched the comedy central interview in question..

Called it, just saying boomer stuff to not scare the viewers.

His answers were literally in "yes dear" voice too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You think he went on a tv show and said anti gun stuff he didn't believe? I haven't watched it in awhile but I think he misjudged how much of a big shot he was and realized after the blowback that kissing up to liberals, hollywood or gun grabbing cops or whatever wasn't worth pissing off gun owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ohhh wow... just watched the comedy central interview in question..

Called it, just saying boomer stuff to not scare the viewers.

His answers were literally in "yes dear" voice too.
You think he went on a tv show and said anti gun stuff he didn't believe? I haven't watched it in awhile but I think he misjudged how much of a big shot he was and realized after the blowback that kissing up to liberals, hollywood or gun grabbing cops or whatever wasn't worth pissing off gun owners.
Then confirmed his beliefs immediately after on IG, YHEN backtracked when it really started to blow up. Soldier Systems went to bat for him, and his P&S "clarification" was weaksauce.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#46]
For someone that is an internet celebrity, he sure seems retarded about the internet.

That was like an 80yo trying to explain twitter to a 100yo.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If you don't have the fundamentals to conduct "Symmetrical warfare, door kicking, open demonstrations of force" you don't have them to secure your home and property. It's all the same fundamentals and mentality.

You might be confident, but does that translate into being capable? For a LOT of people, those that haven't jumped in on the boon of modern training, and techniques made available since the early 2000's, that's probably a not really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pat "Gunban" McNamara?

Never heard of her.

Just seems a bit needy?

Care to take a guess at how many people have successfully defended themselves and or property with literally none of the learned skills you claim to be necessary to do just that?

I get your point, but it's not a matter of absolutism like you're claiming.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Care to take a guess at how many people have successfully defended themselves and or property with literally none of the learned skills you claim to be necessary to do just that?

I get your point, but it's not a matter of absolutism like you're claiming.
View Quote
Agree...We all don't need to be Delta.....
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#50]
A lot of popular firearms instructor give me the creeps with their weird, used-car salesmen vibe.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top