User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Welp, guess I'll just have to spend my money at PSA
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my fire colt last year. I have been pleasantly surprised with it.  Was planning on purchasing another do donate to a raffle-hope they get their shit together and pull their heads out of their ass
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe.
Or someone is trying to position themselves as being on the "right" side of an issue. Many city and state governments are starting to make noise about not doing LEO business with manufacturers who offer products like this for civilian sales.
If being the exclusive supplier for all the LEAs in NY, CA, NJ etc looks like a bigger number then civi sales then that is the direction they might take.
View Quote
So the battle lines are drawn.
Akin to other companies; that won’t sell mags/body armor to LEO’s- in ban states.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The last time I cared about “Muh Colt” was when we had to discuss how to pin our flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hope they don't know something we don't know.  
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Colt ... killing America's enemies for +50 years. Sad to see all haters shitting on them. But, this IS Arfcom.
View Quote
Your avatar appears appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"We have just been notified by Colt Firearms that they will be discontinuing production of all Colt long guns to focus on regaining military contracts.  I am not sure why this would be necessary or how it would help them - but whatever."

Bitter chuckle.  "But whatever" says it all.
View Quote
Yeah, I’m sure the only reason that Colt wasn’t getting the military contracts was because they were busy making civilian guns......
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#8]
In 2017 Colt made 13,942 rifles.  Not exactly a market leader.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
lol what contracts do they have to focus on? Or are they going to focus on teaming up with Glock to learn how to beat Sig in winning contracts?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your avatar appears appropriate.
View Quote
And yet I don't care what you you think about it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m told there’s no difference between the Civilian offerings and the .mil “weapons of war” anyway. So what’s the deal?

Puto O’ Rourke?

Peter Buttgig?

Kumonmyknees Harris?

Joe Bidin’ his time?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmm. Might sell mine to fund a LSA or Larue 5.56 rifle now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Never take the word of a shop that sells them. Theyre creating a panic so people will by their remaining marked up colts.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Meh. Guess I’ll use all these PSA lowers to wipe my tears.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the link!  Good info...

The Army is planning to convert all currently fielded M4 carbines to M4A1 carbines; approximately 483,000,” Rowland said. “Most of the enhancements resulted from Soldier surveys conducted over time.”

Rowland explained that the PIP involves a two-pronged effort; one part involves depot work to quickly transform existing M4s into M4A1s alongside a commensurate effort to acquire new M4A1 weapons from FN Herstal and Colt.

Army developers explain that conversions to the M4A1 represents the latest iteration in a long-standing service effort to improve the weapon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#17]
ITT, guys that were never going to buy a Colt, solemnly vow to never buy a Colt.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#18]
not true

colt employees have told me its not true this morning
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So my LE only 6920 will be worth $8700 now?!
View Quote
Only so long as you can find a pre-ban Bubba convinced of its superiority --the ABC crowd are getting long in the tooth, though
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
not true

View Quote
Well huh, the plot thickens...
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Move along, nothing to see here

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Senators-told-by-Trump-to-expect-something-from-WH-tommorow-on-Guns-/5-2254487/

Quoted:
Just heard it now on one of the commie networks.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D) from CT said he just got off the phone with Trump.

What The Fuck is wrong with Trump????
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

100%

Muh Pony Rollmark means muh value doesn’t decrease....

View Quote
Anderson Manufacturing has a pony rollmark too, and its value doesn't decrease, either.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Click bait thread.  Commercial sales will halt while Colt focuses on LE and .mil contracts.  Colts will get scarce for a few months until contract obligations met.  This certainly isn't the first time Colt has focused on contracts...
View Quote
Maybe, but the part that reads, "... focus on regaining military contracts..." predict otherwise, if its accurate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And yet I don't care what you you think about it.
View Quote
But what we think about Colt rifles concerns you?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Bans incoming?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Colt ... killing America's enemies for +50 years. Sad to see all haters shitting on them. But, this IS Arfcom.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Because you suck and we hate you.... Colt edition.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bans incoming?
View Quote
Only if you post bikini pics
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Colt. Colt never changes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#30]
LOL

this will certainly help with sales LOFL

#fuckcolt
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Over the years, I think I’ve bought 4 of their ARs new.  I also bought and sold a 6520 and I have a factory M16 as well, but that I bought those second-hand.

I think I have 2 of the ARs left; the others I sold.  They just don’t feel special anymore.  Like if you go to a well-stocked LGS these days and you pick up a Knight’s, LMT, Geissele, Larue, FN, etc., they just feel special.  Colt has lost that little spark, and it’s because (1) they produced too many rifles and flooded the market, (2) their QC really dropped and they stopped making sure every part that went into their guns was top-tier with excellent fit and finish, (3) they didn’t really innovate that much (the 6940 really is an ok rifle, but looks ancient when you compare it to just about any new MSR), and they haven’t done much in terms of promoting the brand as truly elite.

Like most of us have bought colts over the years because of THE CHART, which isn’t that applicable anymore.

The last Colt I bought was the 2018 SOCOM with the 14.5 inch P&W barrel, KAC rail, and M4A1 US-Property rollmark.  That and the first one I bought are all I have left.

Wasn’t really planning on picking up another AR shortly, so this isn’t too consequential to me, but I would hope that they come back to the commercial market at some point.

What Colt should be doing is focusing exclusively on the commmercial market, forming a coalition with FN and the rest of the big manufacurers, and telling the government that no AR manufacturer is going to fulfil contracts to military, government, or LE agencies until the attack on 2a rights ends and our right to MSRs and the mags and ammo to feed them is affirmed at all levels once again.
View Quote
Colt doesn’t give a fuck about your rights.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Honestly I've never owned a colt I just didn't see what's so great about them besides the name.

I've been happy with Palmetto State premium with FN Barrel, Spike's Tactical, and Aero Precision has been pretty good.

But I'm more of a fan is just building my own and doing my own quality control. I trust my own builds vs a factory doing them for mass production.

In fact on the complete rifle I still check barrel nut torque.

I love mid-length rifles and it took colt forever just to make one
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Time to buy up all the 6920s
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess you've never heard of H&R, GM Hydra-matic, or FN? I've carried all 4 and they all went bang.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I guess you've never heard of H&R, GM Hydra-matic, or FN? I've carried all 4 and they all went bang.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

even Remington got the m4 contract before
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Colt pissed all over the civilian market in favor of govt contracts a long time ago, fuck colt, they are slowly fading from the market and wont be around in 20 years.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m just a dumb fucker. Thanks for straightening me out on the subject matter.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#38]
That letter says halting 'production'. Not 'sales'.

Reminds me of Colt back in the early 80's. They announced they were stopping
production of the single action army.

Sales had been slow. Single actions weren't very popular back then and what
sales there were went to the much lower priced Italian replicas.

After the announcement there was a surge in demand. Prices increased.

But Colt didn't actually stop production. They just shifted production to their Custom
Shop. They continued to sell them, at an increased price, into an artificial market that
they had created by announcing they were halting production.

Brilliant tactic, although disingenuous.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The fuck are they doing?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#40]
They're nothing special. Plenty of good manufacturers out there.

The IBM PC of rifles. Fanboys holding on to an inflated reputation long after they had been equalled or exceeded because they don't know any better.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bans incoming?
I like bikinis on hot chicks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Colts are the purple ones
View Quote
The purple ones could be bushmasters also
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
You work for Colt, or the UAW?

Colt is nothing special. They manufacture firearms for the government. Civilian sales have been a side gig for them since the early 20th century. I swear to God, some of you see an old company name and think they can do no wrong. Companies and leadership change. Colt is no friend of gun owners, or gun rights.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Uhhh.

BCM, Noveske, LWRC, LMT, KAC,..........The list goes on and on and on.......All make rifles as good or better than Colt.

Welcome to GD, no brand is safe from being shit on
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#45]
They make a good AR, just not better than a dozen or so mfrs.

It doesn't make business sense announcing changes to production, either way.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if I did?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The purple ones could be bushmasters also
View Quote
I thought FN made the purple ones?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
not true

View Quote
Talked to my rep at RSR Group, he laughed about it and said that email is BS.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Talked to my rep at RSR Group, he laughed about it and said that email is BS.
View Quote
Good to know, thanks!  Fake nonsense is everywhere.

Alright GD, you all go back to your Colt hatefest now...
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Uhhh.

BCM, Noveske, LWRC, LMT, KAC,..........The list goes on and on and on.......All make rifles as good or better than Colt.

Welcome to GD, no brand is safe from being shit on
View Quote
your opinion is simply wrong.

$1k 6920 SOCOM will out shoot most everything on the market. Test results can be found on this very site.

You have to spend twice on the other brands to get near the consistent average accuracy of the SOCOM. (the army wants 480,000 of them)
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top