BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So my LE only 6920 will be worth $8700 now?!
View Quote
No... more like $87.00
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this an attempt to say, screw the civilian market?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
My fuck list keeps getting longer. Good thing I never bought one of those shitty things
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]
For laughs I just checked grab a gun and they are sold out of everything Colt rifle except the expensive retro rifles and the LE901.

Lemmings are predictable.. I'm sure we will see those recent purchases on sale soon at a 50% mark up on an auction site or at a gun show near you.

LOL!
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh, just an over priced roll stamp...I'll stick to my $29 poverty ponies that work every bit as good and buy more mags, ammo and optics with the savings.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Garbage workmanship on their guns anyways
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Click bait thread.  Commercial sales will halt while Colt focuses on LE and .mil contracts.  Colts will get scarce for a few months until contract obligations met.  This certainly isn't the first time Colt has focused on contracts...
View Quote
They’re trying to win contracts back, not fulfill a massive order. FN also has a much larger share of the DOD pie and doesn’t seem to have trouble making private market sales.

Management has been doing everything they can to run the company into the ground for a long while now and while they still held massive military contracts, they managed to stay afloat anyway. They no longer do and those big government orders probably aren’t coming back. Any intelligent person would understand that doubling down on the civilian market is the path to growth.

Maybe they’re too busy restructuring after their last bankruptcy and handling all the lawsuits that followed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You guys noticed FN stopped making the M249s as well? Something going on behind the scenes.
View Quote
Coincidence. The M249s was always destined to be a limited availability niche product. FN ARs are still coming out and FN AR components are still being sold too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Idiots.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Colts are the purple ones
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cover upthe roll mark and most people couldn't tell the difference between theirs and any other AR on the market. Who needs em?
Ahem. Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ahem. Bushmaster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
cover upthe roll mark and most people couldn't tell the difference between theirs and any other AR on the market. Who needs em?
Ahem. Bushmaster.
I did have a purple Colt.  I ended up selling it to pay my tax bill this year.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Kek. There are plenty of smaller AR manufacturers around today that actually give a damn about the right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
F--k Colt, they've never been on the side of the people. They should have been boycotted a long time ago in all truth.
View Quote
QFT

I do not own Colt for that reason.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Click bait thread.  Commercial sales will halt while Colt focuses on LE and .mil contracts.  Colts will get scarce for a few months until contract obligations met.  This certainly isn't the first time Colt has focused on contracts...
View Quote
I suspect this is the reality of the situation
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I did have a purple Colt.  I ended up selling it to pay my tax bill this year.
View Quote
I managed to collect 2 purple Colt's this year; both of them '18 SOCOM's.  The U.S. Property roll marked lowers were flawless, but those uppers, yikes.  Funny, my 3rd SOCOM was perfectly finished.

I prepped the offending uppers and used DuraCoat #4 Matte Black.  Those SOCOM's are all functionally flawless and stupid accurate, but that purple on those two though...  If I run across another SOCOM I'll buy it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I SBR’ed my Colt...a long time ago. Got it back when it was just the ABCs (plus S, another C, and RRA)
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So my LE only 6920 will be worth $8700 now?!
View Quote
Hell my US GOV marked SOCOM should be worth $10k now right? Might offload all my Colts and buy a new truck
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#21]
ArmsUnlimited shows
37 LE6920MPS
39 LE6920 Kits
36 LE6920
12 MK12 SPRs

Quick get em!
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Well my SOCOM just increased in value

Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"We have just been notified by Colt Firearms that they will be discontinuing production of all Colt long guns to focus on regaining military contracts.  I am not sure why this would be necessary or how it would help them - but whatever."

Bitter chuckle.  "But whatever" says it all.
View Quote
It makes sense.... they can't compete with $450.00 guns.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LOL. Colt isnt owned by 2A people and hasnt for a LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fuck are they doing?
They have been owned by some of the shittiest business people in history since...well Samuel Colt was alive, but the guys running the company since the 1960s onto well today suck even harder. I bet most people do not know that Colt used to make lots of stuff besides guns then the wissbang Executives of 1960s from the  elite business schools came along to show people how to really run things.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why buy an AR that doesn't have a full M16 BCG and a lower rear shelf?
View Quote
Because you're a boomer and Colt is life.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Didn't they learn their lesson the last time they ceased production for civilian market?
View Quote
The Zikla Era all over again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They have been owned by some of the shittiest business people in history since...well Samuel Colt was alive, but the guys running the company since the 1960s onto well today suck even harder. I bet most people do not know that Colt used to make lots of stuff besides guns then the wissbang Executives of 1960s from the  elite business schools came along to show people how to really run things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fuck are they doing?
Very few people understand Colt wasn't just a gun company and was a place to get into the military sales scheme and basically rob the profits off of it for decades.  Hence why they did what they did in the 1980s and early 1990s to please politicians and then sucked at dealing with the UAW (actually, that's not hard to understand) and quit making a lot of guns that made their brand in the late 20th century like the Python and Anaconda.

Basically, swamp dwellers who moved in and created legal corporations to siphon off profits from government contracts while shoving the pony out in front and working to move their way up the .gov sales ladder to bigger and brighter things.

The QC was for the most part good on all the Colt guns I've bought its just a shame that they're just another used and abused company in the .gov contract business.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who wants an unfired in the box Colt 6940. (from Walmart)
Are you willing to leave it in a motel room in PA near the NY border? Asking for a friend
I used to know some guys who would have asked how much he was offering $$$ wise. They are all dead now, mostly, I think one faked his own death. Not eve like the first time for that guy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
100%

Muh Pony Rollmark means muh value doesn’t decrease....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rivers of tears from the fanboys.

Fuck Colt.
100%

Muh Pony Rollmark means muh value doesn’t decrease....

But that may well turn out to be true now, won’t it? I know my C-marked BCGs that I stocked up on when SAC had them for $99 have sure done well. Used 6920s seem to sell fast at comparatively strong prices on the local gun classifieds vs. mixmaster Frankenguns and PSA specials that get endlessly relisted at bargain basement prices.

Whether or not you think it’s stupid, Colt stuff brings a premium and will continue to do so.

Lots of “muh PSA/Anderson/Aero is just as good!” in this thread, which I guess is to be expected with all the cheap asses around here lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Colt management has been populated by mental midgets for decades. They have been slow to respond to what consumers were demanding, things like mid-length gas systems and factory guns with free-float MLOK hand guards. They clearly don’t give a shit about “fit and finish.” But when it comes to no-shit “would I trust my life to this rifle off the shelf?” quality, Colt is one of the few manufacturers I’d answer “yes.” Henderson Defense has said Colt BCGs last longer than any brand in their full-auto range guns. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think a Colt SOCOM 14.5 barrel was the best performing non-match barrel that Molon ever tested.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#31]
In the past 50 years or so, Colt has always halted civilian sales from time to time to concentrate on military sales. Yawn.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Why buy an AR that doesn't have a full M16 BCG and a lower rear shelf?
View Quote
Huh?  Colts do have M16 BCG’s... and the shelf means nothing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd like to see something from Colt confirming this first.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The fuck are they doing?
View Quote
Get 'woke', go broke.  That's what they're doing.  Evidently they didn't learn the last time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Call it focusing on .mil contracts but the reality is they are probably in a tough spot due to shit sales and are about to lay everyone off except the .mil group.
View Quote
Smart money managers would use opportunity to trim the fat, relocate commercial production to a more favorable State, then shift in phases .mil to new location and ditch UAW.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#37]

File bankruptcy again. We dont give a shit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Ehhh, even if they did no big loss.  Never owned a Colt AR and never intended to.  Much better options for a lot less $
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Ha! Because they've been doing so well at government contracts lately.  Been a long time since I've handled an M4 with a pony on it...
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It makes sense.... they can't compete with $450.00 guns.
View Quote
isn't that what the gov pays for m4s'?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I just bought an M4A1 Marked “Colt” but I think the lower is fake. I did the serial lookup on their website and it returned zero information. Anyone know what I can do to check to make sure it’s legit without the fee from colt?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm gonna demand that my son return the 6720 I gave him. Then, Gunbroker here I come.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just bought an M4A1 Marked “Colt” but I think the lower is fake. I did the serial lookup on their website and it returned zero information. Anyone know what I can do to check to make sure it’s legit without the fee from colt?
View Quote
Next time don’t buy off a back alley classified.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Next time don’t buy off a back alley classified.
View Quote
I was looking at getting one before this shit to do a CQBR clone but damn. The prefix on the serial is LE but like I’ve personally never seen the numbers that follow.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Very simple - Colt was told that if it didn't do that, Dems in the House will ensure they will get no military contracts.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Oddly enough I just paid for a used Colt Gold Cup trophy (the newer ones with the magwell, FO sights and blue G10 grips).

Never bought a complete colt rifle, do have a SOCOM upper mated to a Brownells CR serial Colt lower.

Could probably use a few more if I was serious about cloning.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#49]
I’m ok with colt floundering on the verge of relevance like it has been for years. I didn’t mind picking up sub $700 6920’s recently and who could forget those OEM 2’s for less than $600.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is this an attempt to say, screw the civilian market?
View Quote
They've been saying that for years.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top