[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
<b style="font-size: 0.8rem;">Quoted:[/b]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
<b style="font-size: 0.8rem;">Quoted:[/b]
Quoted:
States ignore one set of federal statutes (21 U.S. Code  812) while enforcing another set that rely upon the first (18 U.S. Code  922).

I love consistency.  
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Means states are allowed to write countless laws so complex that not a single law enforcement officer in the whole state knows all of them.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Means that the federal government can control anything that does, or could, cross a state line.

This is what's wrong with our Republic.
You left off the * that followed both of those amendments.

Here, let me help you:

*Subject to limitations.  Void where prohibited.  Pick up that can.

Republic?   What republic?  We're a democracy; don'tcha know.

We were meant to be a federal republic where we had basic functions performed at the federal level (borders, immigration, preventing states from engaging in trade wars with each other, national protection, standing armies, etc...) and the rest was meant to be handled at the state level.

We were meant to be a nation of many nations where we had competing ideas.

Want to be a dude who self identifies as a female smurf and dresses as a lady in California who wants to marry a female who self identifies as Gargamel?   Go for it.
Want to smoke pot needles in Colorado?   If that's your thing.
Want to outlaw buying alcohol on a Sunday in Georgia?   Meh, I don't have to live there.

Each people living in their own little world could shape that world, with a few minor restrictions, however they wanted and you and I are free to either change that world or move on to build a better one.

Nope.   We can't do that because somebody, somewhere else might decide to live in a way you don't like and even though that won't have any real impact on you, in any meaningful way, we can't have people enjoying their lives or living as they decide.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Pa State Police put an announcement on their website about people with the new medical marijuana card will have to dispose of their firearms. The cards will be issued starting in 2018. They can not buy firearms, possess firearms or ammunition and can not get a CCW. So it will now be a Felony to have a gun and legal pot but still an unclassified Misdemeanor possession charge to own a gun and illegal pot. I don't do marijuana and still won't even if it's legal so this doesn't effect my life but it will make lots of future felons. Here is the web address and wording of what they have so far on this.

http://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-information/Pages/Firearms-Information.aspx

Firearms Information
The Pennsylvania State Police Firearms Division is part of the Bureau of Records and Identification and is charged with maintaining records related to firearms licensing and transfers.
The Firearms Division also operates the Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS), which is used by firearms dealers to verify an applicant’s eligibility to legally purchase a firearm in just a few minute's time.

Information for Medical Marijuana Cardholders:

It is legal under Pennsylvania law for the holder of a validly issued patient Medical Marijuana Card to possess approved forms of medical marijuana.  However,  as per the United States Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) state legalization of medical marijuana is not recognized by the federal government;, and possession of a valid Medical Marijuana Card and/or the use of medical marijuana  defines you an “unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance”; and, therefore, prohibited by Federal law from the purchase or acquisition, possession or control of a firearm pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3), and 27 C.F.R. § 478.32(a)(3).

The BATFE’s statement is set forth in its September 21, 2011, Open Letter to all Federal Firearms Licensees, which states in part that “[t]herefore, any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.” Click here for a copy of the Open Letter.  Likewise, the mere possession of a Medical Marijuana Card will give rise to an inference that you are an “unlawful user of or addicted to” a controlled substance, pursuant to 27 C.F.R. § 478.11.

If you are holder of a Medical Marijuana Card, it is important that you know:

• It is unlawful for you to attempt to purchase a firearm under Federal law and you will be denied during your Pennsylvania State Police background check, due to prohibitions under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3).
• It is unlawful for you to keep possession of any firearms which you owned or had in your possession prior to obtaining a Medical Marijuana Card, and you should consult an attorney about the best way to dispose of your firearms.  Again, this is due to prohibitions under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3).
• It is also unlawful for you to apply for, possess or renew a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearm (LTC), because you are “[a]n individual who is prohibited from possessing or acquiring a firearm under the statutes of the United States.” (see above).  The sheriff should not process your application if you truthfully indicate to the sheriff that you are the holder of a Medical Marijuana Card.  Additionally, you will be denied during the Pennsylvania State Police background check, which occurs as part of the LTC application or renewal process.
View Quote
Good!

Stoners...can't abide them

kind... an' you will find a lot of

them in the saloons... tramps an'

drunk teamsters an' crazy

miners... sportin' pistols like

they was bad men, but not having

no sand nor character... not even

bad character.

I do not like stoners an' men

of low character......
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Unconstitutional deprivation of constitutional rights needs to be challenged in court.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Correct. Just tens of millions of them.
View Quote
In 1919 we had to ratify an amendment to effectively outlaw alcohol in the United States.    People loved it so much, and it was so darn popular, that the 21st constitutional amendment was ratified to undo the 18th amendment.

Why did we go through all of that to engage in one of the most difficult ways to amend our body of law in 1919 and 1933 for alcohol but we don't have to do that for other drugs?

Oh, I forgot:  the interstate commerce clause and "reasons."  
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
haha.jpg
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm a better friend than you are. How about YOU leave?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ZFG. Chose one or the other. As of now, you cannot have both.
You are no friend of the 2nd amendment.

You should log out and never return.
No, i think he had it right to begin with.

And, as i said already, there are states that allow both, thus setting a precedence. It will be deemed unconstitutional, because, and wait for it... IT IS.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#9]
It is a simple choice...

possess firearms and ammunition protected by federal law

or

possess a "drug" that is not legal under federal law.

Which one is more important to you?
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And, as i said already, there are states that allow both, thus setting a precedence. It will be deemed unconstitutional, because, and wait for it... IT IS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ZFG. Chose one or the other. As of now, you cannot have both.
You are no friend of the 2nd amendment.

You should log out and never return.

Of course he's right.  Most people hate the Constitution as it's written.  They like their made up version.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It is a simple choice...

or

View Quote
What's federal law got to do with this?  Wrongful act is being committed under the color of state (fake) law
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It is a simple choice...

or

View Quote
Good thing I get my Rights from the Constitution.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, I guess they'll just need to move to a Free State.
View Quote
I have heard before, I just can't remember where.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Rs don't give a shit about guns.  It's simply a platform they use.  They'd ban a bunch of shit tomorrow if they thought it was advantageous.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I`m far more comfortable with a full blown alcoholic absolutely HAMMERED with a gun than with some random guy with cancer seeking a bit of relief from the pain by smoking a joint.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
All I picture is Farva.
View Quote
Well said.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#18]
And they'll skip the card and just go to NJ when they legalize recreational marijuana in 2018.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:03:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I`m far more comfortable with a full blown alcoholic absolutely HAMMERED with a gun than with some random guy with cancer seeking a bit of relief from the pain by smoking a joint.
View Quote
Quoted for truth.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#20]
They can turn their card in, keep their guns, have other buy the weed for them
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can't be serious.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted: it would, but there it is.

And you probably have no problems with the idea of a pedophile teaching elementary school.
View Quote
There you have it folks, smoke pot and you're chester the molester.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
All I picture is Farva.
View Quote
Team ram rod !!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Enough already.

We need to go ahead and decriminalize marijuana. Prohibition doesn't work and is asinine for a plant that is pretty common.

Drug impairment is not okay and can be dangerous, but the same can be said for alcohol.

How about some more freedom?
View Quote
Amen brother,  legalize it and tax the shit put of it !!

It should be illegal to drive under the influence of pot the same way it is illegal to drive when you are drunk same thing Apples to Apples let's have some common sense here guys
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
But can you still buy a case of whiskey and own a gun?  Of course, god bless America.
View Quote
Exactly
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In 1919 we had to ratify an amendment to effectively outlaw alcohol in the United States.    People loved it so much, and it was so darn popular, that the 21st constitutional amendment was ratified to undo the 18th amendment.

Why did we go through all of that to engage in one of the most difficult ways to amend our body of law in 1919 and 1933 for alcohol but we don't have to do that for other drugs?

Oh, I forgot:  the interstate commerce clause and "reasons."  
View Quote
We replaced limited government with a New Deal.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Just can't bring my self to give a shit...
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a bipartisan love for weed making people prohibited persons.
The right because it hates criminals and the left because it hates guns.
Ah, now I'm remembering why I skip your posts.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: it would, but there it is.

And you probably have no problems with the idea of a pedophile teaching elementary school.
Why not?

After all our warriors of the weed have reduced 2A to be comparable to a plant.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Oh hell, they don't even do that in California.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I assume that the illegal handgun registry,  which was ruled not an illegal registry, will not be used by the PSP to ID marijuana card holders who own handguns.
Oh hell, they don't even do that in California.
So here is how it works before people get all crazy.

Back in the day, like you know, when it was quite trendy to ban handguns (see DC, Chicago) or up licensing requirements past the 1920s stuff that already existed (see NYC) PA had Philly.  Philly of course is the largest city and metro area and guess what group typically lives in those areas?  I'm sure you don't need Carnac to tell you.  So anyway, they say crime, handguns, .38 specials, all that jazz.  State passes a law that requires all pistol sales will be recorded (i.e. must go through FFL).  Well if you're recording these sales and all well...why not put that into a database?  Years go by, technology changes Brady Bill happens, PA has PICs instead of NICs.

So this database exists except that it is against PA state law to do so.  A happy group (I know them quite well ) sued the state specifically the PA State Police and then Governor Tom Ridge stating that the PA pistol registration was illegal because there was a database and that is illegal.  It's right there in the rule books.  Ridge goes to DC as the first director of Homeland Security and we get Rendell...a very anti-gun mayor turned governor Hillary cocksucker.  Of course his cronies and the crony lawyers and PSP folks doe't want all these records gone and in the end legal wrangling states that the database of pistol purchases isn't really a gun registry because...not all guns are in the database.  In fact, let's say you moved here from CA.  There is no requirement to register your handguns.  Now, you buy one as a PA resident, there is a separate form to the BATFE 4473 that goes to the state so they can "record the sale" as in put it in a database.

The Database also got people in trouble because guess what.  You come to PA, you become a resident, you get your LTCF, and you get pulled over.  You're a decent person who wants to be honest so you tell the local yokel cop you have your LTCF and he says where's your firearm and you show it and he takes it and unloads it and runs back to his car.  He runs the serial number...nothing in the database.  Hmmmm, where did this gun come from?  Another scenario that occurred, your father bought you a handgun and gifted it to you.  Completely legal under federal and state law.  Now, you get pulled over, cop runs the serial number...hey, this isn't your gun.  Some cops took the gun for you know...safe keeping...and forgot those all important property receipts.  It wasn't common, but a visit to and search of the PAFOA.org forum would turn up a few real life threads on it.  This was 10 or so years ago if not more and access/use of the database has changed dramatically because of lawsuits that said...this is bullshit.

Oh and Rendell worked with the PSP powers that be and said guess what, we want to ban/register AR15s but in this state...yeah that's not going to happen (until more NY'ers invade) so what can they do?  They decide that lower receivers when purchased are pistols per PA state law.  There was some legal rambling by some lawyer who I'm sure was on Bloomberg's payroll.  This goes on for a while confusing the local ATF people on WTF PA FFLs are doing and why the PSP is making them do it.  Then Rendell leaves office and we get Wolfe and that's one of the first things he corrects (along with signing Castle Doctrine into law).  PSP comes back and says yeah, our bad...we didn't really meant to try to register those soon to be rifles so forget it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Well gee, I guess theyre just gonna quit now and fly straight? This settles it.

Good job government! You always know just what to do.

Anyone cheering this like its gonna do a damn thing is a dumbass.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#33]
GD:

When they came for pot head's guns, I did not speak out, for I wasn't a pot head.

Gun grabbers:

When they came for pot head's guns, I did not speak out, for I wasn't a gun owner.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yet nearly every American is going to go get drunk tonight and not lose their Constitutional right to bear arms. Alcohol is a much stronger mind altering drug than THC, and also a proven killer.

I do not suggest anyone get a MJ card who wants to own guns, but the laws need to change put pot and alcohol on equal ground. Progress comes at a slow pace though, and I’m glad we’re seeing legal pot at least, because this is a major improvement in freedom.
View Quote
One step forward and two steps back.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Never miss an opportunity to disarm the peasants.
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#37]
shucks
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You can't be serious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can't be serious.
I think he is serious. US Olympic-Winter team PROVED that MJ is a performance enhancing drug?

HASHassin?

Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
States ignore one set of federal statutes (21 U.S. Code  812) while enforcing another set that rely upon the first (18 U.S. Code  922).

I love consistency.  
View Quote
Yet many here tout states rights over literally all others. The states in many cases are just as, if not more shitty than the federal government.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#41]
1.  States allow distribution/possession of controlled substances in opposition to federal law.

2.  States enforce federal law regarding habitual  marijuana use to void peoples' civil rights.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Never miss an opportunity to disarm the peasants.
View Quote
Yep.

1.  Fuck federal law when it means revenue from marijuana.

2.  Enforce federal law when it fucks gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's awesome that people can use or be addicted to alcohol and opiates, and not have their rights infringed. Because, alcohol is legal, and pills are usually prescribed.

fuck PA and everyone that agrees with this with a broom stick
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#44]

What now?
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yet many here tout states rights over literally all others. The states in many cases are just as, if not more shitty than the federal government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love consistency.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
K.

I have to ask - would you rather folks try opioids instead? What if pot actually does help people? Do you understand the addiction profile of the two aforementioned drugs?

I'm sorry, but I've had enough. Get your fucking head out of your ass. Folks ruin families and break in to homes like ours because they need money for another hit of opioids. "Dopers"? Not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh...sounds reasonable.  Dopers wanna dope and try to use "weed really helps" excuse; then they should be okay with whatever it costs them.
K.

I have to ask - would you rather folks try opioids instead? What if pot actually does help people? Do you understand the addiction profile of the two aforementioned drugs?

I'm sorry, but I've had enough. Get your fucking head out of your ass. Folks ruin families and break in to homes like ours because they need money for another hit of opioids. "Dopers"? Not so much.
Well said sir.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Disarm 1 group at a time until there are no groups left to disarm.
View Quote
Bingo
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#49]
what next, denying tweakers the right to buy a gun?
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Federal law does not make a prohibited person out of anybody who "demonstrates a willingness" to use or become addicted to controlled substances.

18 USC 922 (g)(3)
View Quote
Unfortunately, the precedent on exactly this issue from the 9th circuit says otherwise:
https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2016/08/31/14-15700.pdf
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top