Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I think we got off track of what this post was originally about. It's not about weather you like or dislike pot or any other unlawful drug. It's about the treatment/difference in how those with and without this medical marijuana card are treated.

So let me get this straight from what I've been able to interpid from what's been posted on this subject.

If you get the medical marijuana card you can not own firearms and ammunition according to L.E. agencies in Pa. If you are caught with firearms and or ammunition or lie on forum 4473 and are in possession of just the medical marijuana card you are committing a felony.

According to local L.E. agency statements they will come after you if you have a medical marijuana card and (steal your firearms and ammo) unddr the guise your are committing a felony of some kind.  Just for being in possession of of a medical marijuana card and no UNLAWFUL DRUGS.

Is this correct??? I'm asking.

Yet if your are a firearms owner and caught with x amount of illegal marijuana your guilty of a misdemeanor. Is this right. Does Pa have a law that states if your caught with x amount or less it's a  misdemeanor . I believe someone posted that here that it was a misdemeanor. Not sure.

The state or local police could if they wanted be kicking down your door to confiscate your firearms and ammo for a simple as being in possesion of a medical marijuana card again you may not even have any drugs at all.

Setting aside the like or dislike of marijuana for a moment. Your telling me that every reasonable person here does not see a problem with this.  No drugs just the mere possesion of a card that states YOU COULD UNDER STATE LAW BE IN LEGAL POSSESSION OF IT. YOU MAY NOT EVER BUY IT

But the moment you get that medical marijuana card weather you actually have/use or what ever. The mere possesion of that card constitutes that you MUST SURRENDER ALL YOUR GUNS and AMMO.

If you attempt to buy a firearm and have a medical marijuana card you will instantly be denied your rights because your committing a felony on a federal level or if you lie on form 4473 according how the question is worded. Your committing a felony on a federal level.

I know here in FLA. in Tampa I know of anyways if your caught with x amount of marijuana it is a misdemeanor and you just get a notice to appear. The mere possession of marijuana does not effect your gun ownership in anyway.

Again L.E.O.s do not come kicking down your door for a misdemeanor and strip you of your constitutional rights. It's not a felony and even then you have to be convicted of a felony with due process of the law.

But in Pa. again the mere possesion of a piece of paper will strip you of your constitutional rights without due process.

Is there a time limit or statue of limitation on being an unlawful user. I do not know. That an honest question. Read ATF's definition of UNLAWFUL USER BELOW and you decide.

Here's the definition of the term UNLAWFUL USER PER ATF'S WEB SIGHT

any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance. ... authorizing the possession and use of marijuana under State law, then you have “reasonable cause to believe” that the person is an unlawful user of a controlled substance.Sep 21, 2011
View Quote
You read ATF's definition of UNLAWFUL USER above and then read the actual question off of the form 4473 and draw your own collusion. But the main line below is highlighted as it pertains to this post and the way the people are treated.

There other definitions of UNLAWFUL USER on sights like Cornell Law School which are better but still rather gray if you've never been arrested, convicted or have a history of drug use. You can not be gaged as an UNLAWFUL USER by thr government.  There's just way to many definitions and none of them are very good.

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
View Quote
Again I think this post got twisted around by the marijuana haters into something other than the OP may have been trying to point out. Everyone here both the haters and lovers of marijuana would agree that on face value  the treatment of two fifferent people is very lopsided.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I`m far more comfortable with a full blown alcoholic absolutely HAMMERED with a gun than with some random guy with cancer seeking a bit of relief from the pain by smoking a joint.
View Quote
WTF?? Not sure if serious. Hope not. I'm guessing you are being sarcastic. Haven't read much past yet.

Been around plenty of both and although I haven't dabbled in the evil weed in 30 years or so I know given the choice I sure as hell wouldn't choose the hammered drunk with a gun option.

I worked with a fellow electrician that was the friendliest guy you ever met. Last guy you would expect to be violent. No criminal record. Started having issues with the wife. Got drunk one night and decided if he couldn't have her, nobody could. Shot her in the head with a 12 gauge while she slept...twice. I'll take the stoner thanks. Drunks suck, legal or not.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How is this new? Weren't pot heads always disqualified from firearm rights? Until the 4473 is changed they will continue to be disqualified.
View Quote
Don't forget people that purchased firearms committed a federal crime by lying on the form.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Adderrall isnt medical meth, desoxyn is, which is still prescribed today.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But if you are taking Opiates like Hydrocodone or Oxycontin. Or Adderall aka medical Meth.

Your good to go.

However if you take Cannabis prescribed by a medical Dr.  You can't own a gun.

Eff that state.
Adderrall isnt medical meth, desoxyn is, which is still prescribed today.
+1
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 3:45:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gun owners supporting the loss of the constitutional right to keep and bear arms for smoking weed?

Shocker.

Welp, I guess gun owners in PA who also smoke weed, will just continue to buy it illegally, like they've already been doing. Another useless piece of legislation in the books. Keep up the good work, government.
View Quote
You're surprised?

How many people on this Site cheer every time NY fucks us over a little more?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 3:59:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're surprised?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gun owners supporting the loss of the constitutional right to keep and bear arms for smoking weed?

Shocker.

Welp, I guess gun owners in PA who also smoke weed, will just continue to buy it illegally, like they've already been doing. Another useless piece of legislation in the books. Keep up the good work, government.
You're surprised?

Sarcasm, my friend. I'm never surprised with these threads.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:03:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Something, something own worst enemies something.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:03:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was born in that state and I left when I turned 18 never to move back.

fuck you PA on
no semi auto hunting
no hunting on sunday
be completely cover in orange
gay ass display your hunting license on your back
no beer sold in gas stations
when you buy 2 cases they want your address
have to by beer in distributors where it's warm
buy liquor from a state owned store
get your vehicle inspected every year
not enough public land
high taxes

and now legal pot = no guns

FUCK YOU!!!!!!
View Quote
Don't you miss the wonderful zoning?

House > House > House > Business > House > Business > Graveyard > House > Business > School with a gas station in the middle of it > House > House > Business > Graveyard > House.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:06:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:07:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can legally carry in a bar here in PA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But can you still buy a case of whiskey and own a gun?  Of course, god bless America.
You can legally carry in a bar here in PA.
Such bullshit.

I enjoy a drink, and I don't smoke weed.

But I'd say it's a safe bet that more people get violent after drinking than those who are stoned.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#11]
And so it begins
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#12]
stupid potheads.

anybody with a brain expected this to happen.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#13]
The irony is not lost on me how our second amendment rights have been eroded over the years using the very attacks and methods created and refined in order to go after substances.

The NFA '34 was fashioned using the Harrison Narcotics Act as a skeletal structure.

Once the federal government decided they could dispense with the pretense of having to abide by the constitution, they decided to attack firearms again using the same methods they used to attack substances (18 USC 922 (o), GFSZ, the so-called assault weapons ban, etc...) by simply banning them.

To the people saying "the pot heads should have seen this coming" or "better the 2A than weed" I say you are missing the forest for the trees.

I don't smoke (weed, tobacco, whatever) and I don't drink but I do study history and I see the same tools used to wage a war against the freedom to partake in activities I don't prefer in my life being used against the freedoms I do use and enjoy.

People need to take notice of this and wake up before it is too late.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The irony is not lost on me how our second amendment rights have been eroded over the years using the very attacks and methods created and refined in order to go after substances.

The NFA '34 was fashioned using the Harrison Narcotics Act as a skeletal structure.

Once the federal government decided they could dispense with the pretense of having to abide by the constitution, they decided to attack firearms again using the same methods they used to attack substances (18 USC 922 (o), GFSZ, the so-called assault weapons ban, etc...) by simply banning them.

To the people saying "the pot heads should have seen this coming" or "better the 2A than weed" I say you are missing the forest for the trees.

I don't smoke (weed, tobacco, whatever) and I don't drink but I do study history and I see the same tools used to wage a war against the freedom to partake in activities I don't prefer in my life being used against the freedoms I do use and enjoy.

People need to take notice of this and wake up before it is too late.
View Quote
+1.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
stupid potheads.

View Quote
Ever heard the term "burn out"?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
stupid potheads.

View Quote
We're now at 50% of the states decriminalizing pot in one way or another. Why is it so different in Pennsylvania?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
2. A MJ card simply allows you to buy it. The card is not made out of marijuana. Using this cop logic, anyone who simply lives in a recreational state (where anyone could walk in and buy it) should have to turn in their firearms as well, since the condition of being able to walk in and buy it applies to everyone in those states

I think this is a case of Thin Blue Butt-hurt, where after decades of sacrifice to save us from scary plants, they are for sale in stores and people prefer it that way
View Quote
This is exactly it, and is demonstrated amply in this thread.  A lash-out.

Sadly, a large percentage of people on this site, actually support this.  How many comments above are ok with depriving people of their rights, without due process no less.

It's fucking mind boggling.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This isn’t about “recreational use”. Is this too hard to understand?

ETA: For the love of God... Legalize it for recreational use and regulate it like alcohol - absolutely. It’ll be a terrific new revenue stream. But this is about its use in medical treatment. What is the underlying cause? What condition is it being used to treat? Severe depression? Anxiety? Have they expressed a desire to commit suicide? What?
View Quote
Strawman argument.  Last I checked, the 4473 doesn't ask about use of antidepressants or antioxilytics.  Suddenly, the police have some phantom authority to question this, if the user has a medical MJ card?  Horse shit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Although this does not affect me, I do not agree with this.

I dont even do pot needles.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Meh...sounds reasonable.  Dopers wanna dope and try to use "weed really helps" excuse; then they should be okay with whatever it costs them.
View Quote
lol oh, it's you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Your mom letting you stay up until midnight?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ZFG. Chose one or the other. As of now, you cannot have both.
Quoted:
Good.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed, unless they have medical use for a particular plant associated with hippies, in which case it may be infringed upon."
Your mom letting you stay up until midnight?
Hell yeah!  Attack the the poster because your not smart enough to beat him in a debate!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Without even commenting on the merits, this is a predictable consequence.  Anybody who didn't see this coming is a fool.
View Quote
 Yep. It was a trap. Maybe unintentional bit a trap nontheless.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I didn't read all 6 pages, but wouldn't this be a HIPPA violation?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#25]
In 5 to 10 years it won't matter.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But can you still buy a case of whiskey and own a gun?  Of course, god bless America.
View Quote
That's the thing that elicits an eye roll from me. I remember seeing a psa commercial years back about a surgeon high on pot. I looked at my husband and said "I'd rather have a surgeon on pot than sloppy drunk." Of course I'd rather have a stone cold sober surgeon, but...

Ah, here it is  PSA
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good.
View Quote
I think we should ban anyone associated with the Free Masons from owning a gun.

I am sure you would support this as well...correct?  I mean, seeing as how you vehemently support someone losing their rights over arbitrary guidelines that are not rooted in any type of logic or consistency?

Oh wait, that would affect you personally....so I bet you wouldn't like that one.  I am sure you only support gun control for things that don't affect you.

You sir are no friend to the 2a, gun owners, or those who believe in limited government.  Why do you support gun control for others, but not for you?  You sound like a leftist in denial.  Just embrace it man...it's ok that you support gun control, but at least be honest with yourself about who you are and what your core beliefs are. There is no shame in being a lib (well, maybe a little), that's what makes our country great.  Own that shit lefty!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I didn't read all 6 pages, but wouldn't this be a HIPPA violation?
View Quote
LOL no. They don't need to see medical records to see who has a received a pot card that is given by the city/state.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
stupid potheads.

View Quote
Goldstein!

Goldstein!

Goldstein!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zYlOU7Fpk
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#30]
too much freedom makes my poop all runny with panic

pick me up mommy!

save me from the mean pot head people!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Dont forget you can have a legally own presscription methamphetanine and xanax with guns too
View Quote
Lol what?

And where exactly can you get a prescription for meth?

Me thinks you just aren't too keen on how science/chemistry works and are referring to amphetamine salt tabs, aka Aderall.  Because I have never heard in my life of someone getting a script for fucking crank
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Strawman argument.  Last I checked, the 4473 doesn't ask about use of antidepressants or antioxilytics.  Suddenly, the police have some phantom authority to question this, if the user has a medical MJ card?  Horse shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: For the love of God... Legalize it for recreational use and regulate it like alcohol - absolutely. It’ll be a terrific new revenue stream. But this is about its use in medical treatment. What is the underlying cause? What condition is it being used to treat? Severe depression? Anxiety? Have they expressed a desire to commit suicide? What?
Any legally prescribed substance can become illegal if the patient uses it in a manner which could be considered abusive. If caught abusing it could make that person a prohibited person.

ETA: Don’t take my word for it. Look it up for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Anybody stupid enough to put a pot needle in their arm is to dumb to own a firearm.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah, I get that it's a federal no-no. I get that some here have a hard-on for pot while somehow championing freedom in tandem.

Ever stop to think about how fucking stupid this all is?

I can go buy grain alcohol. I have leftover oxycodone from a bad fracture. I have an Rx for Ambien. Should the aforementioned strip me of gun rights as well?

I don't smoke (will send you a pic of my Albuteral inhaler if you don't believe me) and I don't care if people do, so long as they aren't driving. Why the fuck is this a good thing?
View Quote
Do you seriously think that having asthma or using an albuterol inhaler precludes you from smoking dope?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#35]
So if you have a concealed carry license, should you be automatically arrested for carrying inside of a Federal building/courthouse/bank, etc?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Any legally prescribed substance can become illegal if the patient uses it in a manner which could be considered abusive. If caught abusing it could make that person a prohibited person.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I know that, but that's not what you said, was it?  Your originally quoted post asked about the condition the MJ card was used for?  Did it not?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Oh I know that, but that's not what you said, was it?  Your originally quoted post asked about the condition the MJ card was used for?  Did it not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but then you broached other substances. As to what you’re trying to point to, yes, under what condition was the card issued for... That most certainly can be used against you. Was it to treat some form of mental illness? If so, you can very well become a prohibited person. This is no mystery. It’s a question on form 4473, question 11.f and has been for quite sometime. This is something potheads should have thought about in their mad rush to get MJ decriminalized/legalized for medicinal use but did not. It was grossly negligent and short-sighted but that’s just my opinion.

ETA: Please understand, I don’t like it either. I think pot should be legalized on the Fed and Local level in my opinion but it isn’t, at least consistently. It can be taxed and regulated. Doing so would also keep some folks out of the legal system who really don’t belong there to be honest. On an individual level, each person will need to evaluate what is more important to them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes, but then you broached other substances. As to what you’re trying to point to, yes, under what condition was the card issued for... That most certainly can be used against you. Was it to treat some form of mental illness? If so, you can very well become a prohibited person. This is no mystery. It’s a question on form 4473, question 11.f and has been for quite sometime. This is something potheads should have thought about in their mad rush to get MJ decriminalized/legalized for medicinal use but did not. It was grossly negligent and short-sighted but that’s just my opinion.
View Quote
The question is whether you have been adjudicated a mental defective or committed to a mental institution, NOT whether you have some form of mental illness or are under treatment for a mental illness.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The question is whether you have been adjudicated a mental defective or committed to a mental institution, NOT whether you have some form of mental illness or are under treatment for a mental illness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/agorder0001pdf/download

“Mentally ill” is found on p.1, Summary, paragraph 1, 2nd sentence.

ETA: I think I see where you’re trying to go with this but I wouldn’t bet my 2a on that holding water if push came to shove. Are they required by Fed. Law to report such info? Honestly, I’m unsure.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

ETA: Please understand, I don’t like it either. I think pot should be legalized on the Fed and Local level in my opinion but it isn’t, at least consistently. It can be taxed and regulated. Doing so would also keep some folks out of the legal system who really don’t belong there to be honest. On an individual level, each person will need to evaluate what is more important to them.
View Quote
Got it.  I would presume that many, if not most cards have been issued for "back pain" or headaches or some other similar malady.  Not that I have a problem with that, because freedom.

Whatever.  If somehow a law was passed that only disabled people could buy guns, I'd be riding a walmart scooter due to "back pain".

In any case, it's mostly for political show.  I personally know people - a coworker in one instance - who had a card.  (And who also made many trips to gun shops to buy toys)  I know a person who buys rec weed and has a gun collection, and (gasp) isn't some scumbag or scourge upon society.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

ETA: I think I see where you’re trying to go with this but I wouldn’t bet my 2a on that holding water if push came to shove. Are they required by Fed. Law to report such info? Honestly, I’m unsure.
View Quote
And the final version of that proposed rule is found in the federal regulations at 27 CFR 478

"Adjucated as a mental defective (2)Those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility pursuant to articles 50a and 72b of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, 10 U.S.C. 850a, 876b."

Now, what does mere possession of a MMJ card have to do with a judicial finding of incompetence to stand trial?  Because there's a lot of people in possession actual marijuana that were perfectly competent to stand trial.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
And that proposed rule is found in the federal regulations at 27 CFR 478

"Adjucated as a mental defective (2)Those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility pursuant to articles 50a and 72b of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, 10 U.S.C. 850a, 876b."

Now, what does mere possession of a MMJ card have to do with a judicial finding of incompetence to stand trial?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that proposed rule is found in the federal regulations at 27 CFR 478

Now, what does mere possession of a MMJ card have to do with a judicial finding of incompetence to stand trial?
This is what I’m trying to impress. “Why”... Why has the card been issued? If a diagnosis of mental illness is found on your medical record then your RKBA can be forfeited and you're left with attempting to regain it through costly legal means. They’re going to take they’re sweet time to sort it out, iron out the kinks, and most likely in the end MJ card holders will still be left short. Up front, I’m not sure if Therapists, Counselors, Psychs are required to report mental illness to any State or Fed Agency yet but if not they soon will be.

ETA: Hell, wasn’t there something about VA Docs required to report mental illness or some such thing even a year ago?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is what I’m trying to impress. “Why”... Why has the card been issued? If a diagnosis of mental illness is found on your medical record then your RKBA can be forfeited and you're left with attempting to regain it through costly legal means. They’re going to take they’re sweet time to sort it out, iron out the kinks, and most likely in the end MJ card holders will still be left short. Up front, I’m not sure if Therapists, Counselors, Psychs are required to report mental illness to any State or Fed Agency yet but if not they soon will be.

ETA: Hell, wasn’t there something about VA Docs required to report mental illness or some such thing even a year ago?
View Quote
Once again, a simple diagnosis of some form of mental illness by a doctor does not make one a prohibited person. You need to be committed to an institution, or there has to be judicial action.

If MMJ cardholders are going to be screwed, its because the government isn't following the letter of the law and equating possession of a card made of paper with possession of a controlled substance.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What a joke.

"Good people don't drink"
View Quote
Don't let that get back to Sessions.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Once again, a simple diagnosis of some form of mental illness by a doctor does not make one a prohibited person. You need to be committed to an institution, or there has to be judicial action.

If MMJ cardholders are going to be screwed, its because the government isn't following the letter of the law and equating possession of a card made of paper with possession of a controlled substance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.military.com/daily-news/2015/04/17/senator-veterans-still-losing-gun-rights-because-of-va-reporting.html/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/97032888

http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-and-criminal-justice/possession-of-a-firearm-by-the-mentally-ill.aspx

* Of course - or maybe not. How far away is that? Incremental, creep, stacking, inches, ounces, millimeter. They really aren’t following the letter of the law as it is now so what’s a little more? If your therapist or physician has diagnosed you as mentally ill there may not even be a need for involuntary institutionalization. States differ in their regs but you also have the VA making decisions and you may have no recourse. To say it is unlikely a diagnosis of mental illness won’t prohibit you is going against what is actually happening right now.

ETA: I’m just saying what you think can’t happen or is so unlikely to happen does actually occur presently. Also, the push to legalize/decriminalze medical MJ will certainly have unintended consequences which will negatively affect a person’s RKBA. They have set themselves up for this.

My apologies for all the edits - I’m in between things.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I don't see where it is the state police obligation to enforce a federal rule.
View Quote
Obligation?

No. This is all about rice bowls and fiefdoms. Just like gun control, this is about the control - not the guns, not the demon weed, just the control.

They're in it for the lulz this time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We're now at 50% of the states decriminalizing pot in one way or another. Why is it so different in Pennsylvania?
View Quote
And less than a decade away from federal policy change on the matter.

Marijuana prohibition is dead, Jim.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.military.com/daily-news/2015/04/17/senator-veterans-still-losing-gun-rights-because-of-va-reporting.html/amp

http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-and-criminal-justice/possession-of-a-firearm-by-the-mentally-ill.aspx

* Of course - or maybe not. How far away is that? Incremental, creep, stacking, inches, ounces, millimeter. They really aren’t following the letter of the law as it is now so what’s a little more? If your therapist or physician has diagnosed you as mentally ill there may not even be a need for involuntary institutionalization. States differ in their regs but you also have the VA making decisions and you may have no recourse. To say it is unlikely a diagnosis of mental illness won’t prohibit you is going against what is actually happening right now.

ETA: I’m just saying what you think can’t happen or is so unlikely to happen does actually occur presently. Also, the push to legalize/decriminalze medical MJ will certainly have unintended consequences which will negatively affect a person’s RKBA. They have set themselves up for this.

View Quote
Can it happen?  Of course it can.  But we also have a process to challenge the validity of such actions.  And in the case of the VA I don't think there's much of a chance it would survive.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't see where it is the state police obligation to enforce a federal rule.
View Quote
Obligated, no.

Chomping at the bit to play Elliot Ness, yes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Can it happen?  Of course it can.  But we also have a process to challenge the validity of such actions.  And in the case of the VA I don't think there's much of a chance it would survive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you’re right. I’m not anti-MJ or anti-medical MJ or whatnot per se. Have fun if that’s your thing - not directed at you, just “in general”. I don’t agree with having Potheads caught up in a legal system, tying it up, being financially burdened by it (thousands), time wasted (years). Most I’ve known were easy going and generally good-natured folk. But I think it’s a carrot dangled out there and folks are are so eager for it to become legalized in one form or another they’ve become blissfully ignorant to possible long-term effects.

ETA: Pushing it as a “Medical Treatment” for mental illness is probably the worst angle that could have been used.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top