Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It's always nice seeing anti-gunners on a gun forum.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't realize yinzers smoked dope.

The Pittsburgh variety seemed to be mostly comprised of run of the mill trashy half cocked drunken assholes who smelled like ashtrays and bologna farts
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What the fuck does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Do you see him applauding that form of gun control?

Maybe you should have typed it out and let it sit a few minutes before hitting submit.
View Quote
Don’t be such a simpleton. He equated banning marijuana users from owning guns to a RKBA infringement. I inferred that most of us readily abide by the NFA, GCA, and hughes amendment. That does not mean we rejoice such legislation. Pot smokers need to work on having marijuana removed from the schedule 1 drug list if they want to solve this.  They don’t get to ignore the current BS laws and expect preferential protections while the rest of us have infringements shoved down our throats.  Any firearm ownership issues that come with using dope go away if they have it removed from the list at the federal level. Until then they will be, and have been, breaking the law every time they falsify a 4473. I don’t care what other people do, but don’t claim folks are rejoicing RKBA infringements by simply stating that’s what the law is and has been.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
This is some bullshit strawman argument.

“Why you hate freedoms?!?!”

It isn’t about recreational use. It is now a medication. Now, WHAT are you seeking treatment for via MJ use?

ETA: Like I said before - Potheads double fucked themselves on this one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How many unregistered full auto rifles do you have?  You know...useful idiots and all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RKBA infringed, useful idiots applaud.
How many unregistered full auto rifles do you have?  You know...useful idiots and all.
I of course break no laws ever, but the NFA is bullshit, as is the law of 86.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That does not mean we rejoice such legislation.
View Quote
The poster I was replying to lauded it as a good thing.

No idea why you took it as referring to yourself.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

WTF
View Quote
There is a sizable contingent of gun owners here who approve of gun control.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don’t be such a simpleton. He equated banning marijuana users from owning guns to a RKBA infringement. I inferred that most of us readily abide by the NFA, GCA, and hughes amendment. That does not mean we rejoice such legislation. Pot smokers need to work on having marijuana removed from the schedule 1 drug list if they want to solve this.  They don’t get to ignore the current BS laws and expect preferential protections while the rest of us have infringements shoved down our throats.  Any firearm ownership issues that come with using dope go away if they have it removed from the list at the federal level. Until then they will be, and have been, breaking the law every time they falsify a 4473. I don’t care what other people do, but don’t claim folks are rejoicing RKBA infringements by simply stating that’s what the law is and has been.
View Quote
If I'm a simpleton, what does that make you?

This is what he was referring to:

"Quoted:
Lol. Pot laws have consequences.
Fact path, have a card u r admitted user. 2a goes away.
Thins the herd in a good way."

It's almost like you had no idea what you were responding to.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Good.

Dopers with guns is a scary thought. One puff of the weed and we are just a rampage away from another mass shooter high on the devil's lettuce.

Anyone who has ever smoked that mind altering substance in their life should have their 2nd amendment rights taken away and their guns seized. Who knows how it has affected someone's brain and can cause issues years in advance.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#10]
2A > weed.  Weed needs to be decriminalized on the federal level.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Think of the massive amount of money and time and bureaucracy wasted on a fucking plant. And the stigma boing associated with people who smoke it.

Yet we readily accept the costs and detrimental effects of alcohol and tobacco which kill millions upon millions of people every year and nobody blinks an eye at it but god forbid you smoke MJ and get high.

The fed is way behind the curve on MJ. Eventually it will be recreationally legal in every state. Then what?
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#12]
This isn’t about “recreational use”. Is this too hard to understand?

ETA: For the love of God... Legalize it for recreational use and regulate it like alcohol - absolutely. It’ll be a terrific new revenue stream. But this is about its use in medical treatment. What is the underlying cause? What condition is it being used to treat? Severe depression? Anxiety? Have they expressed a desire to commit suicide? What?
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Out-of-state doper tears delicious, almost as good as liberal tears.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This isn’t about “recreational use”. Is this too hard to understand?

ETA: For the love of God... Legalize it for recreational use and regulate it like alcohol - absolutely. It’ll be a terrific new revenue stream. But this is about its use in medical treatment. What is the underlying cause? What condition is it being used to treat? Severe depression? Anxiety? Have they expressed a desire to commit suicide? What?
View Quote
There are some legitimate uses for it.   But I wouldn't recommend people actually get a card even for those legitimate needs.   Safer and less right-infringing to just break the law.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate freedom

It scares me

Help big government!  Help! Help!
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hate freedom

It scares me

Help big government!  Help! Help!
View Quote
Yeah no shit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Out-of-state doper tears delicious, almost as good as liberal tears.
View Quote
Lol this
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#18]
To make a correction to your post. "It will now be a felony to have a gun and legal pot"....

Pot is not legal just because a state says it is. Regardless of my feelings toward the situation, pot is not legal in the United States.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if this (in part) is why the govt in California is not too thrilled that weed is now decriminalized for all.
They can't make prohibited persons over weed anymore. At least for now. I am sure they will think up something to keep that ball rolling.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Too bad they don't do this for SSRIs and other legal anti-depressants. Be consistent. And you might actually save a couple of lives in the process.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Would it theoretically be legal to sell your guns to someone who lives in the same house as you?

"No officer, I don't own any guns. Those all belong to my wife here, who doesn't use marijuana."
View Quote
The Gordon Liddy strategy? Mrs. Liddy owns a lot of guns, he says.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#22]
The republicans need to have marijuana removed as a schedule 1 drug around the 1st of October. And then make a lot of noise about helping the black community and eliminating the victimless crime of possession of a common plant.

The democrats won't know whether to shit or go blind.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I of course break no laws ever, but the NFA is bullshit, as is the law of 86.
View Quote
I agree 100%. I asked the rhetorical question simply to make the point that while the NFA and “no guns for potheads” both may be infringements on the RKBA, they’re not seen as so by the judicial system at this current time. But the potheads somehow feel entitled to some sort of leniency with regards to federal law, and  are nowhere near as vocal speaking out against numerous other anti-2A legislation.

Bottom line, both should be removed from the books. Marijuana will likely be removed from the Schedule 1 list before we ever see any great strides in 2A rights. It will just take more time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Won’t be long before gun owners are made de facto prohibited persons.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Never get the card.
View Quote
Yup.

And the drug warriors wonder why this shit gets pushed into the black market.

Fuck PA.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Gun owners supporting the loss of the constitutional right to keep and bear arms for smoking weed?

Shocker.

Welp, I guess gun owners in PA who also smoke weed, will just continue to buy it illegally, like they've already been doing. Another useless piece of legislation in the books. Keep up the good work, government.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is some bullshit strawman argument.

“Why you hate freedoms?!?!”

It isn’t about recreational use. It is now a medication. Now, WHAT are you seeking treatment for via MJ use?

ETA: Like I said before - Potheads double fucked themselves on this one.
View Quote
I'd wager 98% of the medicinal marijuana users do not have some serious medical condition.  Most probably got some quack doctor to write up a script for stress, mild aches, upset stomach, and things that for 10,000 years everyone else has just put up with as part of life.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There is a sizable contingent of gun owners here who approve of gun control.
View Quote
Correction: There is a sizable contingent of gun owners here who obey the laws until they are changed.

Work to change the laws, not make yourself a felon and have no rights at all.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I think the same laws for alcohol should apply to pot heads. Cause how often do pot heads get dwi, kill people and shit. Id rather have a lazy pot head with a gun than a violent drunk :-/
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'd wager 98% of the medicinal marijuana users do not have some serious medical condition.  Most probably got some quack doctor to write up a script for stress, mild aches, upset stomach, and things that for 10,000 years everyone else has just put up with as part of life.
View Quote
I doubt the number is that high, but the 4-5 people I know who have cards will flat out tell you it’s for their own recreational use, and not medically necessary.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think the same laws for alcohol should apply to pot heads. Cause how often do pot heads get dwi, kill people and shit. Id rather have a lazy pot head with a gun than a violent drunk :-/
View Quote
My wife was almost killed by a stoned driver in 2007. He did a few months in jail. FWIW...
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Interesting to see how many folks here value the state's "right" to legislate what people consume over a citizen's right to bear arms.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Only difference between the left and the right is which inanimate objects they want to ban.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Too bad for dopeheads.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Are they going after their CDLs and pilots licenses too?

Gee I wonder what the real issue is here.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Only difference between the left and the right is which inanimate objects they want to ban.
View Quote
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Having a pot card is not the same thing as possessing marijuana.

Just like having a drivers license isn't the same thing as driving.

Just like having a CWP doesn't automatically mean you're packing heat.

I'd like to see more due process.
View Quote
Having a pot card and carry permit while not owning a gun or possessing any weed would make an interesting trial
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually, you have to have driven at some point to get a driver's license.  Not so for those with a medical marijuana card.

It should not be having the card that disbars your ownership, it should be the possession and use of the controlled substance that is used as the criteria.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#39]
How is this new? Weren't pot heads always disqualified from firearm rights? Until the 4473 is changed they will continue to be disqualified.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How are they proving that medical card holders are also marijuana users? It could certainly be inferred that they are likely marijuana users, but the fact that they simply hold the card does not necessarily indicate that they actually use it. It’s the same as there being many people with a valid drivers license who don’t even own a car.

Sounds to me a lot like deprivation of rights without any due process, based on circumstantial evidence.

Edit: To point out a more specific circumstance... I live on the SF Bay Peninsula in California. They have a ton of pot conventions and events here - they even advertise them on the radio. Some of these conventions require you to have a medical card for entry. Due to the recent statewide legalization, you can get a medical card just by asking for it, so these conventions will hire doctors to sit out front and issue medical permits to anyone who wants one.

So even as a non-user of marijuana, I could go to one of these conventions just for the novelty of attending and they would issue me a medical card so I could enter. The fact that I am not a marijuana user would not change just because I now have a valid medical card. Explain how it is legally defensible to deprive me of my 2A rights after that?
View Quote
You need to create this scenario. Then very no knocked and your house ransacked. Then sue the city/state for violating your civil rights.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#41]
And the smart ones didn't bother with the card and just bought it the "old fashioned" way. lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Thread title, kind of confused me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Actually, you have to have driven at some point to get a driver's license.  Not so for those with a medical marijuana card.

It should not be having the card that disbars your ownership, it should be the possession and use of the controlled substance that is used as the criteria.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

* It’s the “Why do you have the card?” which will most likely make the card holder prohibited. If you seek treatment for some mental illness you can be be adjudicated as mentally unfit. Got what they want but didn’t think it through - double fucked.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Handguns you have to fill out a nice little state police form. I think its a $10 fee.
View Quote
So PA has handgun registration?

Wow, I never knew that.

Michigan used to have something similar (they called it a "safety inspection" IIRC) but I think they got rid of it some years back.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It is a simple choice...

possess firearms and ammunition protected by federal law

or

possess a "drug" that is not legal under federal law.

Which one is more important to you?
View Quote
Why can the state decide to uphold one federal law, but completely ignore another, which the first one is based off of?

Its not right.  It doesnt matter if you are for or against pot use, you should never be ok with the law being applied incorrectly, and with the state telling people to give up their rights.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why can the state decide to uphold one federal law, but completely ignore another, which the first one is based off of?

Its not right.  It doesnt matter if you are for or against pot use, you should never be ok with the law being applied incorrectly, and with the state telling people to give up their rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is a simple choice...

possess firearms and ammunition protected by federal law

or

possess a "drug" that is not legal under federal law.

Which one is more important to you?

* I believe this falls under State’s Rights. Doesn’t make it Law of the Land, just decriminalized under the eyes of that particular State (to a point). This is an area which I don’t believe we want to fuck with.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Strawest of the strawman
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Strawest of the strawman
View Quote
There’s a ring of truth to it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#50]
What a joke.

"Good people don't drink"
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top