BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thread update:

The injunction covers ALL Firearms Policy Coalition members. That includes new members.
View Quote

Source?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thread update:

The injunction covers ALL Firearms Policy Coalition members. That includes new members. Even if you don't care about joining to be protected, please remember these guys are fighting for us in the courts and winning.

Just remember, the injunction is considered temporary until the issue is resolved in the case. Just an fyi. $30 isn't too bad to help them out going forward.
View Quote

The government is going to ban them. Because they do whatever they want. It's all a charade an illusion of legal process.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone figured out what’s legal or not in regards to simply removing the brace ?

Separate ar15 10” upper and braced lower…… legal ?

Separate into 3 pieces… upper and lower and remove brace = upper receiver, complete lower without brace, and brace.  Legal?

Or break the upper down into components, and remove brace from lower = legal ?

Saw the atf saying it must be thrown away or destroyed… ( zero chance of that ) but not sure how that’s legal, when having a short upper has always been legal, as was having stocked lowers.

What a goat fuck of incompetence and tyrannical over reach.
View Quote

Things like this (piled on top of each other, one after the other non stop) is how it all started ~250 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thread update:

The injunction covers ALL Firearms Policy Coalition members. That includes new members. Even if you don't care about joining to be protected, please remember these guys are fighting for us in the courts and winning.

Just remember, the injunction is considered temporary until the issue is resolved in the case. Just an fyi. $30 isn't too bad to help them out going forward.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Page 2, end of 2nd paragraph.  

I don’t believe you can sign up as a FPC member today and be covered. “Since day one of this litigation”. IANAL though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

very unlikely to even bother trying unless they specifically hate you for something else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did This Guy Actually Give All of Us an Escape Hatch on the Pistol Brace Rule?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orBXxFtxXQ0

very unlikely to even bother trying unless they specifically hate you for something else.

They don't like you because you are you.
They don't like you because you didn't vote for FJB
They don't like you because you like the 2A
They don't like you because you own firearms
They don't like you because you are in their way.

Pick a reason. Doesn't really matter.
They can pick anyone and have them smashed down to nothing if they so choose.  
(Doesn't matter whether you did anything "wrong" or not. There is no right and wrong to them. Only left and correct)
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You are presumed innocent and to use your property legally

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone figured out what’s legal or not in regards to simply removing the brace ?

Separate ar15 10” upper and braced lower…… legal ?

Separate into 3 pieces… upper and lower and remove brace = upper receiver, complete lower without brace, and brace.  Legal?

Or break the upper down into components, and remove brace from lower = legal ?

Saw the atf saying it must be thrown away or destroyed… ( zero chance of that ) but not sure how that’s legal, when having a short upper has always been legal, as was having stocked lowers.

What a goat fuck of incompetence and tyrannical over reach.

You are presumed innocent and to use your property legally

Lol.
You spelled guilty wrong.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The government is going to ban them. Because they do whatever they want. It's all a charade an illusion of legal process.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/575474/download__5__jpeg-2829908.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/420595/9E90A781-C120-4F6D-A361-7CE16C9715BB_jpe-2829920.JPG

I don't believe you can sign up as a FPC member today and be covered. "Since day one of this litigation". IANAL though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thread update:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/420595/9E90A781-C120-4F6D-A361-7CE16C9715BB_jpe-2829920.JPG

I don't believe you can sign up as a FPC member today and be covered. "Since day one of this litigation". IANAL though.
Just got this email from FPC. I joined for 30 bucks a couple days ago
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Both are concealable, but pistols got left off of the NFA in the end while other concealable firearms included to close loopholes on restrictions on pistols remained for no good reason (not that there were any good reasons for the NFA in general).
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:42:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Thordsen buffer tube cover and cheek rest are now a stock.  

So much for the bit about the deception of the Rubber brace initially submitted by SB tactical.  They just want to flip flop and fuck people over.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:33:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So much for the bit about the deception of the Rubber brace initially submitted by SB tactical.  They just want to flip flop and fuck people over.
View Quote

Interesting timing on a very late response.

https://www.thordsencustoms.com/media/wysiwyg/PRESS_RELEASE_5-25-23.JPG
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well…that’s a bummer.

ETA: All of the kits are still on the website despite the letter saying they’ve been removed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is total BS.   ATF needs to go.  This flip flopping has to stop.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Source?
View Quote

https://secure.anedot.com/firearmspolicycoalition/march2023_joingaw?sc=joingaw

This is from my Gun Club:

If you've been following ATF rulemaking, you'll know that the ATF recently made an administrative change that would, effectively, lead them to consider most stabilizing-brace equipped pistols as short-barrelled rifles, NFA items.

ATF gave owners of braced pistols several options to address the issue by May 31st.  Worryingly, several of these options require a person to submit proof of something the ATF now considers a felony to the ATF to fix it.  The 5th Amendment implications are obvious.

Fortunately, gun rights organizations at the national level have sued and are finding success.  We wouldn't want to bring you a problem without a solution and, if you are concerned about the ramifications of this rule change, we have a solution for you!

The 5th Circuit granted an injuction this week to FPC, the Firearms Policy Coalition, and several other plaintiffs.  Earlier today, the court clarified that this injunction extended to all members of FPC - anyone who gives them a donation!  FPC is tremendously effective at suing states and the federal government when they try to overreach, and, even prior to this ruling, giving them some money would be, in our opinion, well founded.  At the present moment, if you have a braced pistol that you don't wish to disassemble, permanently alter, turn over to the ATF, or submit NFA paperwork, giving FPC a few bucks seems like a solid way at the moment to cover yourself and your family if you have a braced pistol.

Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Seen on Reddit
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#16]

I sincerely hope that's real.

Personally, I've always wanted to put "Because I can" and see if they'd approve it or not. It is a valid reason, after all.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don’t believe you can sign up as a FPC member today and be covered. “Since day one of this litigation”. IANAL though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thread update:

I am also not a lawyer, but I am not reading it that way. Fpc (and I assume they had a lawyer approve) has this on their website :
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I am also not a lawyer, but I am not reading it that way. Fpc (and I assume they had a lawyer approve) has this on their website :
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/392738/Screenshot_20230527-132705_png-2830763.JPG
View Quote

I just donated today too
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Len Savage just received a response after 4.5 years of waiting as well.
Ammoland article

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:Fpc (and I assume they had a lawyer approve) has this on their website:
View Quote

While I'm stoked about the lawsuit and injunction, but putting "LET'S F*CKING GO!!" on a professional website might turn some family-friendly folks off. I was going to forward this to my elderly aunt (who has a braced .22 and would be saddened by the profanity) and was like... "Eeeeee... maybe I'll just tell her about it." :)

Yeah, yeah, it's 1990's-edgy to drop f-bombs and show you're one of the hip people, but also might result in not casting a wide enough net.

Minor point, carry on, etc.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

While I'm stoked about the lawsuit and injunction, but putting "LET'S F*CKING GO!!" on a professional website might turn some family-friendly folks off. I was going to forward this to my elderly aunt (who has a braced .22 and would be saddened by the profanity) and was like... "Eeeeee... maybe I'll just tell her about it." :)

Yeah, yeah, it's 1990's-edgy to drop f-bombs and show you're one of the hip people, but also might result in not casting a wide enough net.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The other side is threatening to put millions of us in prison and you are concerned about the language our side uses. Tea time has ended.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're proud of their success, as they should be. People who have never seen "bad words" will likely not be lined up to log on and donate to a pro gun legal team anyway, is likely how they saw it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ammoland article

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ammoland article

Kharn

It wasn't just a response he received, it was a snare meant to entrap him.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

As opposed to hundreds of thousands of folks (many with their kids at their side) at multiple public functions shouting FUCK JOE BIDEN ??

FUCK JOE BIDEN!!  LETS FUCKING GO!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

That phrase is something I first heard on Twitch, and now I can't help but perceive their response as if it were said by an edgy, angsty teenager.

It's not the profanity that's the issue, it's the cringiness of the entire phrase itself.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

That phrase is something I once heard on Twitch, and now I can't help but perceive their response as if it were said by an edgy, angsty teenager.
View Quote

Naaah.....Im a fed up 47 year old white male christian Marine and Air Guard Vet.  But I get how perception is....
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The other side is threatening to put millions of us in prison and you are concerned about the language our side uses. Tea time has ended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who doesn’t love a good tea party? Those cucumber finger sandwiches are divine!
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

The stated concern is that it may push away people that otherwise would have funded / joined the resistance.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At no point did I suggest the cucumber sandwiches would be lacking.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Both are concealable, but pistols got left off of the NFA in the end while other concealable firearms included to close loopholes on restrictions on pistols remained for no good reason (not that there were any good reasons for the NFA in general).
View Quote

NFA has yet to be challenged under Bruen.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Major point - They are going to make your elderly aunt a FELON over her braced .22.   Let that sink in a bit.    So yeah, FUCK THEM, LETS FUCKING GO!
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The stated concern is that it may push away people that otherwise would have funded / joined the resistance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If mean words and f bombs turn them away they probably filed their form1 to register already
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Does donating to FPC = membership?

I went to join and only got the option to donate - which I did.

Either way, FBATFE.

Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Either way, FBATFE.

View Quote

Hmm how much did you donate? I did the 30 and got an email that I was a member. Did you get an email?
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Hmm how much did you donate? I did the 30 and got an email that I was a member. Did you get an email?
View Quote
Same here.
I went back and checked my payment history and saw that I had donated in '20 and '21 but not '22.  Rectified that ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either way, FBATFE.

I did $100. Let me check my email.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#37]
G2G!

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Donated to FPC and got my membership email as well.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#39]
New code word

Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Awwwww now I’m in trouble and I didn’t even mean anything by it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

People like you are why we are in this mess. Your sweet Aunt would swear like a sailor if ATF made her a felon and arrested her ass.

There is a time to be nice and a time to be Not Nice, the founding fathers would have been shooting by now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#42]
The whole thing is two drunk monkeys humping a deflated football.

I was just thinking about this.  For the longest of time, I had been studying and prepping for what braces would pass under 4999.  I had always thought that the AFT overreached on 4999, and if they would have just stuck to Section II only , along with a flat 13.5" LOP (no weight or length limits, or accessory/configuration BS), they could have probably been within their  "so-called authority".  But instead they went Super Extra High Velocity Full Metal Retard.  So if/when this gets slapped down, we are back to as if 4999 never existed, because it was never officially published to the register.  Even under the injunction, 4999 rules do not exist.   What a cluster.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I have nothing to add to this thread so,

FATF

Thank you for stopping by.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#44]
I am a member of Firearms coalition and GOA, but had not gave this any thought.
Worth the couple minutes to watch.

NEW Pistol Brace Option! Final Words Before D-Day
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Respectfully, I disagree. We should be dragging our nuts across their faces with each & every victory.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm not sure where to ask this, so I'll ask here. What kind of document is the ATF looking for to show my trust owned the weapon I'm wishing to SBR by the time the rule was announced? The trust only has two responsible parties my brother and myself.

Edit: I found the NFA forum
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Well the ATFHQ posted on twitter the day the rule was published in the FR and 24 hours prior to the form1 ending so they meet the public notice requirements.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:02:41 AM EDT
[#48]
FPC Defines What Is A Member!
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:26:10 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

FPC Statement Regarding Membership
LAS VEGAS, NV (May 30, 2023) — Today, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) issued a statement regarding membership:

On Sunday, May 28, 2023, the Board of Directors of Firearms Policy Coalition made a number of formal changes to the membership structure of the organization. First, the Board granted an Individual Membership to all individual monetary donors of FPC who have supported FPC’s activities through financial contribution(s) of twenty U.S. Dollars ($20) or more from June 1, 2022, through May 31, 2023, inclusive. Those memberships will have an effective date of June 1, 2022, and an expiration date of December 31, 2023, unless the Individual Member renews the granted membership on or before the end of 2023.

This granted membership will ensure that all individuals who supported the work of the organization in the period with a financial contribution of $20 or more are officially recognized by FPC as an Individual Member. FPC will update its membership records accordingly on or about June 1, 2023, and then send a message confirming the granted membership status to all such individuals by email as soon as possible. This one-time donor membership program will not affect the membership term of current FPC members.

Additionally, the Board established a new structure for the classification of certain types of members, including:

Individual Members (for individual persons)
Commercial Members (for for-profit entities)
Affiliate Members (for non-profit entities)
All current FPC members in good standing will be reorganized into the appropriate classification of membership under the new membership structure. To support the new membership structure, FPC will soon establish new online member application forms for each membership class. In the meantime:

INDIVIDUALS: If you are an individual who would like to Join FPC and support our work, please sign up online at JoinFPC.org.
INDUSTRY & NONPROFITS: If you are a manufacturer, distributor, or retailer of goods, or a pro-freedom nonprofit organization, and would like to join FPC, please contact us at [email protected].
If you are a FPC member or donor and have a question, please contact the FPC support team at [email protected]. Inquiries will be responded to as quickly as possible in the order in which they are received.

FPC Law (FPCLaw.org) is the nation’s first and largest public interest legal team focused on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and the leader in the Second Amendment litigation and research space.

Firearms Policy Coalition (firearmspolicy.org), a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization, exists to create a world of maximal human liberty, defend constitutional rights, advance individual liberty, and restore freedom. FPC’s efforts are focused on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and adjacent issues including freedom of speech, due process, unlawful searches and seizures, separation of powers, asset forfeitures, privacy, encryption, and limited government. The FPC team are next-generation advocates working to achieve the Organization’s strategic objectives through litigation, research, scholarly publications, amicus briefing, legislative and regulatory action, grassroots activism, education, outreach, and other programs.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:32:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Eforms reference numbers are proceeding at about 3 per minute tonight... doesn't seem like much
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top