BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For you legal experts, does this mean if I have my braced pistol in my car here in Texas, I'm okay at the moment?
View Quote

If you work for the State of TX
or
you are a current member of GOA
or
you are a current member of FPC
or
you are a current member of SAF
or
if you purchased your brace from Maxim Defense
or
you are one of the few actual named plaintiffs
than Yes  

Edit: If you don't fall into any of those categories, than you can always remove the brace, and carry on as before (with whatever TX allows for pistol laws).
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I’m triple vaxxed against the brace virus!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SAF's injunction was also granted, for SAF and its members.

Kharn

I’m triple vaxxed against the brace virus!

I am only double vaxxed until FPC figures out member vs. donor.  I tried to "join" FPC for several years.  All I could get from them is "thangg you for yer doughnation."  
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Again, I haven't read it, but doesn't the State of Texas usually mean the people, not merely government employees?

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Again, I haven't read it, but doesn't the State of Texas usually mean the people, not merely government employees?

View Quote

Not in this case.   I had something to do with training or equipment costs (going by what one of the lawyers had said).  So it is State of Texas employees and agencies, not residents.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They're supposed to attempt to assemble everything into legal configurations, and then see if anything leftover makes illegal configurations.

I guess the outcome depends on how much shit you've bought from PSA on sale without paying attention to what you've got.

Kharn
View Quote

We found some styrofoam packing peanuts in his basement, and cans of diesel fuel in his garage. After topping off his truck and tractor with diesel, several gallons of fuel remained in the cans. Based on that, we charged him with constructive possession of napalm...
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if the FBI and ATF are going to ask GOA, FPC, and SAF for the  names listed as member ?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Pulled up an old email from GOA. Forgot I joined in January. Member of both now. But didn’t do it for the brace. Did it to push back on gun laws.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder if the FBI and ATF are going to ask GOA, FPC, and SAF for the  names listed as member ?
View Quote

They can try, but it would not matter.  Being a member doesn’t mean you own a brace.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is no way in hell they would give out member lists to those tyrants
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heh heh heh ..... how did you pay for your membership?

If it wasn't with an envelope filled with cash, or a postal M.O., then they just go to the payment processor.....who happily supplies them with anything they want
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If it wasn't with an envelope filled with cash, or a postal M.O., then they just go to the payment processor.....who happily supplies them with anything they want
View Quote

Now that’s a fucking scary thought. Definitely not an angle I had considered.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/shrug
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then how can they know who is protected by the injunction?
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Still a pure blood and still an unregistered.  We all should know too well how our gov't works by now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Now that’s a fucking scary thought. Definitely not an angle I had considered.
View Quote

I considered it, but didn't worry about it.
The USPS clearly knows I was already a member of GOA from all of the envelopes in the mail.  
As I said before, being a member of those groups does not mean you own a brace.  Some people joined simply to support the fight.  

Would I would like to know is how many new members were gained over the past week across those groups.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is the beauty of it, and also shows how much of a clusterfuck they have created.

Think about it.
Someone that FreeBR'd, but is not under an injunction, will have a non-stamped lower that they can run a brace on, and it would be considered a RIFLE (SBR).
Someone that did not FreeBR, but IS under an injunction, will have a non-stamped lower that they can run a brace on, and it twill be consider a PISTOL.

Someone that FreeBR'd, but is also under an injunction, has a non-stamped lower that they can run a brace on and, it is.....a mess.  Technically they agreed that there braced pistol had actually been an SBR all along, but they are under in injunction that keeps the rule from calling it an SBR.

ATF won't know who is who, and it is too much of a mess (they created) to even bother trying.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That is the beauty of it, and also shows how much of a clusterfuck they have created.

Think about it.
Someone that FreeBR'd, but is not under an injunction, will have a non-stamped lower that they can run a brace on, and it would be considered a RIFLE (SBR).
Someone that did not FreeBR, but IS under an injunction, will have a non-stamped lower that they can run a brace on, and it twill be consider a PISTOL.

Someone that FreeBR'd, but is also under an injunction, has a non-stamped lower that they can run a brace on and, it is.....a mess.  Technically they agreed that there braced pistol had actually been an SBR all along, but they are under in injunction that keeps the rule from calling it an SBR.

ATF won't know who is who, and it is too much of a mess (they created) to even bother trying.
View Quote

What about those of us that run what we want and consider them all GUNS?  
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Now that's a fucking scary thought. Definitely not an angle I had considered.
View Quote

Meh, any member here is already on the important lists.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

or
you are a current member of GOA
or
you are a current member of FPC
or
you are a current member of SAF
or
if you purchased your brace from Maxim Defense
or
you are one of the few actual named plaintiffs
than Yes  

Edit: If you don't fall into any of those categories, than you can always remove the brace, and carry on as before (with whatever TX allows for pistol laws).
View Quote

Covered… And I helped.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a gig at you.. and a bit off topic.. but

I will never understand the Postal MO thing. Why do people seem to think the government can’t track something they issued? It seems to be fairly common in firearms transactions. You don’t want the government tracking your money so you request a form of payment issued directly by them. Not to mention the post office files a suspicious activity reports over certain amounts. Just seems crazy to me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Think about it.

View Quote

In a nutshell, that is very accurate.  Complete and total clusterfuck.  Only govt can mess stuff up this bad.  lol
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess they better hold off, not rocket science.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#24]
The Third Injunction of ATF's Pistol Brace Rule. And This One Covers an Entire State
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitcoin solves this.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some of us have been life members of the GOA and SAF (and the JPFO) for a decade or more. Good luck pulling up that payment info.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bitcoin solves this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitcoin solves this.

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Bitcoin solves this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitcoin solves this.

No it doesn’t. Bitcoin can be tracked as well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I only wish this thread, on one of--if not the--biggest gun forums on the internet, was 143 pages of :
Attachment Attached File

Instead of 143 pages of :

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Advertised brace prices down to $50 in the EE, not sure what's selling
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#31]
2nd Amendment Foundation member checking in!

Attachment Attached File

Purple Reign

FBATFE
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/235580/PXL_20220310_033705857-01_jpeg-2840590.JPG

Purple Reign

FBATFE
View Quote

If Prince had a pistol.

Needs a Raspberry beret rifle to go along with it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We found some styrofoam packing peanuts in his basement, and cans of diesel fuel in his garage. After topping off his truck and tractor with diesel, several gallons of fuel remained in the cans. Based on that, we charged him with constructive possession of napalm...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're supposed to attempt to assemble everything into legal configurations, and then see if anything leftover makes illegal configurations.

I guess the outcome depends on how much shit you've bought from PSA on sale without paying attention to what you've got.

Kharn

LOL yeah I'm a chemist my compost pile is constructive possession...
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I only wish this thread, on one of--if not the--biggest gun forums on the internet, was 143 pages of :
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66713/th-3603627210_jpg-2840341.JPG

Instead of 143 pages of :

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66713/th-1242681826_jpg-2840342.JPG

View Quote

I can't help but wonder if the FEDs started this war cry to expose victims for their round ups
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I wonder if the Maxim brace coverage includes those who purchased complete pistols, like the DD PDW.
The brace was purchased, but not directly from Maxim.
The DD PDW was referenced by the ass clowns as an example of a evil baby killing monster that must be controlled.

Fuck the king
Become self governable
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitcoin solves this.

Not as easily as a credit card.  Not at all if you own non kyc coins.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I can't help but wonder if the FEDs started this war cry to expose victims for their round ups
View Quote

And I can't help but wonder if this pissy pants whining is done by FEDs who are sad that only 250k registered pistols of perhaps 10 or more million braced guns is all that they accomplished.

Link to thread on compliance percentages

By the looks of it, posters in this thread must own the bulk of those 250k guns
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Some of us have been life members of the GOA and SAF (and the JPFO) for a decade or more. Good luck pulling up that payment info.
View Quote

Records exported to excel.

Search GOA.

Done.  It doesn’t require digging through mountains of paper as you’re imagining. 10 years ago records were digitally exported to excel.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#39]
What about all the NRA members? Are they covered by the NRA-ILA's lawsuit and injunction?   Oh right... the NRA isn't doing anything.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What about all the NRA members? Are they covered by the NRA-ILA's lawsuit and injunction?   Oh right... the NRA isn't doing anything.
View Quote

If you didn’t read the writing on the wall years ago and joined GOA, SAF, or FPC… I can’t help you.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

They certainly aren’t even trying to pretend anymore
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#42]
NRA has brought a lawsuit in North Dakota.  I'm not a big fan, but think we should be honest about what groups are actually funding lawsuits.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#43]
BREAKING: YOU Made This Happen!! Vote on Bill To STOP ATF Pistol Brace Rule Scheduled
BREAKING: YOU Made This Happen!! Vote on Bill To STOP ATF Pistol Brace Rule Scheduled
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#44]
A bill in congress means nothing.  Biden would never sign it and they do not have the votes to override a veto in the Senate.

This is only going to be resolved in the federal appeals courts.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#45]
my dogs are still alive.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A bill in congress means nothing.  Biden would never sign it and they do not have the votes to override a veto in the Senate.

View Quote

True but it shows the intent of Congress
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If Prince had a pistol.

Needs a Raspberry beret rifle to go along with it.
View Quote

And high heel shoes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/235580/PXL_20220310_033705857-01_jpeg-2840590.JPG

Purple Reign

FBATFE
View Quote

I don’t get it…

Isn’t that song about a gay kid that gets beat by his dad and cries from his black eyes.

We need a tranny forum for this place.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

It absolutely means something. It sends a powerful message everywhere including all the courts.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

True but it shows the intent of Congress
View Quote

This right here.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top