Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I remember that. Seems to me a stewardess died as a result (and maybe a couple passengers).
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I remember that. Seems to me a stewardess died as a result (and maybe a couple passengers).
View Quote

Just the flight attendant.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ehhh just because something is 60 years old in design, doesn't make it bad.  New designs can come up, and then 60 years after that, they can be found to have been much worse than the original.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The MAX should have never been developed in the first place.

That airframe design is 60 years old.
Ehhh just because something is 60 years old in design, doesn't make it bad.  New designs can come up, and then 60 years after that, they can be found to have been much worse than the original.

The real problem with the 737 is its short legs that made Boeing have to do all sorts of clever things to keep them relevant.  Unfortunately the customers wanted more 737s rather than 757s.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The real problem with the 737 is its short legs that made Boeing have to do all sorts of clever things to keep them relevant.  Unfortunately the customers wanted more 737s rather than 757s.
View Quote

@SmilingBandit

They should have made a shortened "SP" version of the 757 with reheats (burnahs) in the cores.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
If the FAA wanted to take "decisive and immediate action", the first step should be making Boeing eliminate all DEI hiring, promotion and executive pay and bonuses.  They won't of course, allowing further degradation due to merit selection based on skin color, gender or other DEI bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Former Boeing manager says he won’t fly on a Max

Former Boeing manager says he won’t fly on a Max | NewsNation Now
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

The problem is that the MAX is a 3rd mutation of the original design. Each mutation away from the original has bumped up against different limitations of the original design.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#8]
For the Safety of American Travelers the FAA Will Keep the Boeing 737-9 MAX Grounded Until Extensive Inspection and Maintenance is Conducted and Data from Inspections is Reviewed

https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/safety-american-travelers-faa-will-keep-boeing-737-9-max-grounded-until-extensive
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure outing his dad on the Internet is smart in this case when there are likely to be multiple lawsuits
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I do too actually.  My bladder is undersize according to the doctor.

It actually sucks and can be embarrassing sometimes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I piss a lot.  It's a nervous thing or something.  Not just on aeroplanes.  It has nothing to do with flying.

I do too actually.  My bladder is undersize according to the doctor.

It actually sucks and can be embarrassing sometimes.

@Never_A_Wick @-SkyRaider-
Get your PSA and prostate checked just to be safe. Cancer can press on the bladder and causes urination issues.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Get your PSA and prostate checked just to be safe. Cancer can press on the bladder and causes urination issues.
View Quote

@sharky30

Good intel.  Will do.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@sharky30

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@sharky30

Seeing my dad's come back after 20 years and embed itself in his bones has me a bit more aware of it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Seeing my dad's come back after 20 years and embed itself in his bones has me a bit more aware of it.
View Quote

I’m sorry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@sharky30

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not sure outing his dad on the Internet is smart in this case when there are likely to be multiple lawsuits
View Quote

That story doesn't track with all the other MAX 9s that have been found to have loose bolts.

Not sure if it was on this thread or one of the videos I watched but according to it the final "plugging" of the plug door is done by Boeing after Spirit delivers it to them.

Next month I have a flight to Florida on Alaska booked that's supposed to be on a MAX 9, I have a feeling they are going to swap it for a 787-800.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That story doesn't track with all the other MAX 9s that have been found to have loose bolts.

Not sure if it was on this thread or one of the videos I watched but according to it the final "plugging" of the plug door is done by Boeing after Spirit delivers it to them.

Next month I have a flight to Florida on Alaska booked that's supposed to be on a MAX 9, I have a feeling they are going to swap it for a 787-800.
View Quote

They used to ship via train to Seattle with all the doors and plugs installed. I'm guessing they still do. No idea if they would remove & reinstall to facilitate the ops there in Seattle. I can't imagine they wouldn't at least inspect the install before covering it up with the interior panels. There is typically an inspection before you close out anything on an a/c. I could see being focused on the door instl rather than the door itself though, possibly.

I still haven't figured out who actually builds the doors. Seems to be conflicting info from several posters here. Boeing is on the hook either way but if they are coming from somewhere other than Wichita, then that means at least 3 different entities would have had to fuck up for one to make it into the air with visibly loose bolts in the door hinges.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They used to ship via train to Seattle with all the doors and plugs installed. I'm guessing they still do. No idea if they would remove & reinstall to facilitate the ops there in Seattle. I can't imagine they wouldn't at least inspect the install before covering it up with the interior panels. There is typically an inspection before you close out anything on an a/c. I could see being focused on the door instl rather than the door itself though, possibly.

I still haven't figured out who actually builds the doors. Seems to be conflicting info from several posters here. Boeing is on the hook either way but if they are coming from somewhere other than Wichita, then that means at least 3 different entities would have had to fuck up for one to make it into the air with visibly loose bolts in the door hinges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its already been covered in this thread that Boeing does indeed remove the plug doors and reinstall them later.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Its already been covered in this thread that Boeing does indeed remove the plug doors and reinstall them later.
View Quote

All I found was a video which has since been updated to say they aren’t removed. A lot of conflicting stuff has been posted here and elsewhere.

ETA: https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/boeing-performs-pressure-tests-does-not-normally-adjust-max-9-panels-source-2024-01-13/
Might explain where some of the conflicting reports came from. I'm guessing the confusion was actual opening door vs. these plugs. I wouldn't think it would be that helpful to remove these when there are plenty others that easily open, but I've never been involved with that part of production. My brief stint in commercial was limited to much earlier stages of manufacturing...and much later stages in some derivatives.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I’m sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m sorry.

Quoted:

Thanks.  He's on a new treatment so we're hopeful.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Dan Gryder - FAA - Asleep at the Wheel. Again. Part II

FAA - Asleep at the Wheel. Again. Part II
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#21]
More info on the continuing saga of this event

Boeing 737 -9 Plug Doors and Spirit Aerospace Lawsuit
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I heard on the news last night that the people who were sitting next to the door have all sorts of PTSD now and are doing weird shit like running around outside naked at 3:00 AM.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I heard on the news last night that the people who were sitting next to the door have all sorts of PTSD now and are doing weird shit like running around outside naked at 3:00 AM.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can’t tell if serious…
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#28]
As suspected it looks like it was the sliding portion of the aft hinge that was left behind on the aircraft when you look at the plastic covered doorway from outside.  You can also see the fracture on the aft upper guide fitting.  The inboard portion is ripped apart about where the bolt goes through and I think I can make out the outboard hole still intact.  They will easily be able to tell if a bolt was installed in that location.  I just wish they would show us two attach locations on her side.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#29]
After MCAS, you’d think Big B would have assigned their not-fucking-around team to the MAX.

ETA: Maybe DEI eradicated that team.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#30]

That thing is in shockingly good condition for falling 3 miles.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That thing is in shockingly good condition for falling 3 miles.
View Quote

Parts of Oregon might as well be rain forest. We were sitting on a ramp in Colombia watching them throw paratroopers out of a helicopter out past the EOR, and one of them went through the jungle triple canopy with a mostly streamered chute. We were told later he had multiple broken bones, but all things considered was still in pretty good condition.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have Hawaii flights that are listed on Max planes in late February.  
I’m ignorant of the aviation world.  Should I be concerned?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169488/IMG_2410_jpeg-3094562.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  Relax.   Don’t take a bunch of Ambien and Zanax or drink too much either.   Get up and walk every hour or two.   Stay hydrated.  Blood clots are your biggest threat.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be more concerned about your phone's battery
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m not concerned. Driving to the airport is going to be more dangerous
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Looks like the diversity hires at the NTSB are giving that door their full attention. We're in good hands folks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#38]
From a story I saw today they claimed the installer of the in flight wifi system removes the plug door to install the hardware
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
From a story I saw today they claimed the installer of the in flight wifi system removes the plug door to install the hardware
View Quote

Wait, the f__king IT guy is wrenching on the airframe?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LptRFVx1kKQ
View Quote

I don't know who this guy is, but I'm having a hard time taking him seriously.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A subsidiary of the same company that builds the fuselage and installs the plug doors.  

Blancolirio’s video mentions it and shows a jet that’s in the process of having the wifi stuff installed and they are accessing the jet through the plug door opening. (Photo needs to be verified)

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Can’t tell if serious…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can’t tell if serious…

I can’t tell either.  Seems like perfectly normal behavior to me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dan Gryder is an idiot and doesn't deserve any attention.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@L_JE
He is an absolute moron with ZERO credibility. Everything that oozes from his mouth is tripe.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

He and Blanco are at least as good as a broken clock.

Probably a lot better than that, to be honest, whether you like the packaging or not.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:38:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:52:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't take him seriously. He is a fucktard.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Looks like the diversity hires at the NTSB are giving that door their full attention. We're in good hands folks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same woman is standing at some of the NTSB media briefings.  Why have just one speaker when you have to fill the diversity bingo card.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gryder is a weapons-grade dipshit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Juan Brown is competent.

Sometimes less said with a fraction of the information needed is better.  I could used more early on.

View Quote

Every content creator is like that.  In their minds, they are selling seconds.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top