Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Canada can't win on this one. Protect him from extradition and they are Nazi sympathizers, extradite him and they prove they were idiots for inviting and honoring him in the first place. Losers either way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Elements of the 14th SS/1st Ukrainian murdered Polish civilians, like other Ukrainian nationalist formations at the time.

To a lesser extent Ukrainians were ethnically cleansed from Eastern Poland.

Poles and Ukrainians murdered plenty of Jews.

After the Nazi defeat Ukrainian nationalists who had first fought the Germans and then enlisted as a German-led SS division to kill Soviets/keep alive hopes of Ukrainian independence and ethnically cleansed Polish civilians from Western Ukraine were evacuated to Canada and the UK with the help of...the Poles.

Things in Eastern Europe were complicated before, during, and after WWII and are complicated today.

There's nothing tying this particular guy to any war crimes.

Here's another "Nazi": https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_T%C3%B6rni ETA: Already posted above.

The discussion over this unit has been going on since the war ended, and everybody telling the story, the U.S., the UK, Canada, Ukraine, Poland, Russia, has used it for their own propaganda and military purposes. Nothing has changed.

Do a little reading and it quickly becomes apparent that it's not going to be a discussion many denizens of GD, especially the Putin-puffers, are equipped to have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again... the 14th SS Division was not accused of war crimes or crimes against humanity unlike other SS and Wehrmacht units.

Elements of the 14th SS/1st Ukrainian murdered Polish civilians, like other Ukrainian nationalist formations at the time.

To a lesser extent Ukrainians were ethnically cleansed from Eastern Poland.

Poles and Ukrainians murdered plenty of Jews.

After the Nazi defeat Ukrainian nationalists who had first fought the Germans and then enlisted as a German-led SS division to kill Soviets/keep alive hopes of Ukrainian independence and ethnically cleansed Polish civilians from Western Ukraine were evacuated to Canada and the UK with the help of...the Poles.

Things in Eastern Europe were complicated before, during, and after WWII and are complicated today.

There's nothing tying this particular guy to any war crimes.

Here's another "Nazi": https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_T%C3%B6rni ETA: Already posted above.

The discussion over this unit has been going on since the war ended, and everybody telling the story, the U.S., the UK, Canada, Ukraine, Poland, Russia, has used it for their own propaganda and military purposes. Nothing has changed.

Do a little reading and it quickly becomes apparent that it's not going to be a discussion many denizens of GD, especially the Putin-puffers, are equipped to have.

Wow, as usual in that part of the world.  The only people they killed before turning on each other were the Jews.
This is a part of the war history I am less familiar with.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've said it before, but Poles in my opinion are the only people who can equate Nazis and Commies to be the same, because sadly, for many Poles there really was no distinction. The Russians and Germans both carved your country up and somehow the Russians saw every Pole as a fascist sympathizer (who had also whooped their ass in recent memory too) and the Germans saw every Pole as a communist partizan. That is a truly lose-lose proposition.
View Quote

Solomon Morel – Commander of Concentration Camp Zgoda
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When this topic comes up, I usually want to ask those sincerely angry about this if we should dig this man up from Arlington:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_T
View Quote

He’s in Arlington due to his service to the United States. Not comparable.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi
View Quote

Unless they had the knowledge/tech we or others needed, then they were good to go, given freedom, jobs and citizenship!
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is a manufactured drama.   Don’t fall for it.  Don’t perpetuate it.

The ex-Nazi is 98 years old-soon to be dead.  
All the other Nazis are long gone.   This is an Ex-Issue.  

Today, the world has the same evil of Putinism to confront.  
We don’t need to dredge up fake demons, when we have real live/real time demons who need to be stopped.
View Quote

How many of your relatives were murdered in Warsaw during WWII?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How many of your relatives were murdered in Warsaw during WWII?
View Quote

How many did the Canadian kill?

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

When you find evidence that this guy was the superintendent of a death camp, let me know.

Apples and cement mixers indeed.
View Quote
Well, since almost all of the US deported Nazi war criminals seem to come from UKR,
You do the math?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah and for 60 years the west helped lie about Katyn forest. Show me how much you care about the poles without showing me how much you don't give a fuck if its commies killing them. Quite frankly every aspect of WW2 on the eastern front should be suspect and viewed through the lens of all information coming from communist sympathizers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Furthermore, the 14th SS Div was not accused of war crimes or crimes against humanity.

lol whut?

since when has rounding up civilians and burning them alive not been a war crime? before war crimes were even a thing?

If you, and the other knee jerkers like you, ever actually researched WW2 history and learned a thing or two, you'd understand there was a difference between the Nazi party, Allgemeine/general SS (party enforcers), Waffen-SS (military), and even foreign Waffen-SS units. As I already stated, the 1st Galician (14th SS Div) was NOT party driven. It was made up of mostly Ukrainian volunteers and some Slovaks and Poles, who desired to fight for the homelands against the Soviets.

Again... the 14th SS Division was not accused of war crimes or crimes against humanity unlike other SS and Wehrmacht units.
They most certainly were accused of war crimes
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-95.gif

Yeah and for 60 years the west helped lie about Katyn forest. Show me how much you care about the poles without showing me how much you don't give a fuck if its commies killing them. Quite frankly every aspect of WW2 on the eastern front should be suspect and viewed through the lens of all information coming from communist sympathizers.

?   The west didn’t help lie about the Katyn forest fir 60 years. It was noted and memorialized right after WWII.   And one can have an issue with one historical event and another at the same time. Poles have big issues with Katyn Forest and East Galacia at the same time. Your binary thinking is simplistic
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I’m not a Ukebro or a Nazi, nor do I suspect this guy of being a “hero.”

But I’m having a hard time with the whole “extradite a 98-year-old” absent something more than “he was in a foreign SS unit and his larger unit generally *may* have killed civilians.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the total acceptance of a Nazi as a hero.

I’m not a Ukebro or a Nazi, nor do I suspect this guy of being a “hero.”

But I’m having a hard time with the whole “extradite a 98-year-old” absent something more than “he was in a foreign SS unit and his larger unit generally *may* have killed civilians.”

As I recall, the last time, years ago, before this war, an old Nazi being extradited and prosecuted for war crimes was by and large lauded around here. I’d be interested to see if many members have changed their tune from then to now due to the current political climate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We don’t need to dredge up fake demons, when we have real live/real time demons who need to be stopped.
View Quote

Fuck that demion shit.  Evil does not get a pass because he is 98.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, since almost all of the US deported Nazi war criminals seem to come from UKR,
You do the math?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you find evidence that this guy was the superintendent of a death camp, let me know.

Apples and cement mixers indeed.
You do the math?

But but but that was before the war. Now Ukrainians are saints and must not be questioned.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the vehement anti-racists twist themselves in to knots to avoid agreeing with Russia.

Like these people took a break from tearing down statues and trying to get people fired/expelled for displaying the Confederate flag last week to quibble over how the Waffen SS wasn't really the SS.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tarded, unless they have some good evidence that he commited war crimes.
View Quote

Like Felony Murder, they don't have to prove he pulled a trigger.  The fact that he served in a unit that murdered thousands of innocent civilian Poles is enough to convict him
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How many did the Canadian kill?

View Quote

SS in Poland?  A lot
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Like Felony Murder, they don't have to prove he pulled a trigger.  The fact that he served in a unit that murdered thousands of innocent civilian Poles is enough to convict him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then all allied air crewman and ground service personnel who loaded planes should spend the rest of their lives in jail. That's literally bullshit and stupid. I'll agree with this when every Russian gang-rapist from Berlin has been shot in the head. War is fucked up and shitty for all sides. Either we kill every young man who robbed the world of innocent life through their actions in war, or they all get passes. No in-betweens and no victor politics.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are new NAZIs to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

his unit burnt thousands of civilians alive.

but hey he didn't run the gas chambers so fuck his unit's victims.
View Quote

Your country killed innocent children at Waco, so you are guilty too.

The Canadian Supreme Court ruled on this years ago.  Look it up.  Even Nuremberg realized that the foreign legions of the SS were generally warfighters there to kill Russians..
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Uke-bros all butt-hurt lol.

He's going to stand trial in Poland if/when he's extradited. He can be exonerated or convicted there.

Every Nazi or SS soldier/civilian in a unit known to have committed war crimes should be tried.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Then all allied air crewman and ground service personnel who loaded planes should spend the rest of their lives in jail. That's literally bullshit and stupid. I'll agree with this when every Russian gang-rapist from Berlin has been shot in the head. War is fucked up and shitty for all sides. Either we kill every young man who robbed the world of innocent life through their actions in war, or they all get passes. No in-betweens and no victor politics.
View Quote

Curtis LeMay said they would have all gone to jail for war crimes had the US lost.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The Canadian Supreme Court ruled on this years ago.  Look it up.  Even Nuremberg realized that the foreign legions of the SS were generally wwrfighters.
View Quote

LOL holy shit that’s retarded
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not completely accurate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Ramones - My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes to Bitburg)
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the vehement anti-racists twist themselves in to knots to avoid agreeing with Russia.

Like these people took a break from tearing down statues and trying to get people fired/expelled for displaying the Confederate flag last week to quibble over how the Waffen SS wasn't really the SS.
View Quote

it's fucking looney tunes.

calls everyone right of center a Nazi, till the liberals actually honor a literal Nazi in Parliament with the Ukrainian president cheering it on, then try to downplay the honorees Nazism.

fucking clown world stupid ass shit in here.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Canadian Supreme Court ruled on this years ago.  Look it up.  Even Nuremberg realized that the foreign legions of the SS were generally wwrfighters.

It is the exact same logic you are using, just on a different scale because I do not know your background.  If I did, I guarantee you I could come up with a “guilt by association” which would none to you.

Literally, you know nothing about this guy.  He could have fallen out of his rack in boot camp, broke his back and got an honorable discharge from the SS and you are calling for his head.

This, plus the fact that Nuremberg gave that unit a pass, and the Canadian Supreme Court ruled in a case that veterans of the unit must be looked at case by case, as there can be no assumptions about their veterans
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The Canadian Supreme Court ruled on this years ago.  Look it up.  Even Nuremberg realized that the foreign legions of the SS were generally warfighters there to kill Russians..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Devastatingly retarded comparison
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Poland knew how to deal with war criminals in public.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It is the exact same logic you are using, just on a different scale because I do not know your background.  If I did, I guarantee you I could come up with a “guilt by association” which would none to you.

Literally, you know nothing about this guy.  He could have fallen out of his rack in boot camp, broke his back and got an honorable discharge from the SS and you are calling for his head.

This, plus the fact that Nuremberg gave that unit a pass, and the Canadian Supreme Court ruled in a case that veterans of the unit must be looked at case by case, as there can be no assumptions about their veterans
View Quote

he literally wrote a blog about being in the Nazi unit was the best time of his life.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of the nazis are long gone.  Riiiight.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of the nazis are long gone.  Riiiight.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/287498/1_mrm16_5GM4mU-U3ALOGyFQ-640x462_jpeg-2967464.JPG

See how that works ?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#32]
So, is he getting extradited for a war crime he actually did, or one of the Jewish massacres that the polish did and blamed on the Nazis?
If it's just because he was in the unit,WW2 vets from the US Air Force and Britain's RAF might want to start looking over their shoulders.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Uke-bros all butt-hurt lol.

He's going to stand trial in Poland if/when he's extradited. He can be exonerated or convicted there.

Every Nazi or SS soldier/civilian in a unit known to have committed war crimes should be tried.
View Quote

I'm not a Uke-bro by any stretch. I think the current conflict is a needless blood letting, started by Putin because ironically he actually hates nationalism (which strictly interpreted believes in autonomy for all ethnic groups of the world) that now serves only to line the pockets of war profiteers and the corrupt oligarchy in the west. Putin can suck a bag of dicks and I hate Russians, but they're not Soviets. I supported this guy stopping Soviet aggression and genocide 80 years ago, however I think that today it makes a lot less sense for us to pump money into Ukraine when Americans are struggling and our govt hates us and wants us dead.

This guy shouldn't be punished and quite honestly there's probably nothing you could do to the man that he didn't see worse of when Stalin starved his people to death in the 30s. It'd be hard for me to convict anyone of anything you'd do in response to that kind of horror being inflicted on your people. I know I would sleep like a baby no matter what I did if I sincerely believed it was being done against the people who made that hell a reality for my loved ones.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#34]
OMG, that’s awesome!
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Now rationalize anti-partisan reprisals with that same logic.

Quite frankly I think they're both insane and innocent people dying is always tragic and there's no amount of 'muh war effort' to explain it away. I think often times the individual soldiers, aircrews etc. are involved in circumstances that are horrific and beyond their control and its wise to be lenient when judging young men caught up in war.

My point being that if we are choosing not to be lenient, then we should go after people who did the killing on all sides. If you pay particularly close attention though, there's only a desire to condemn the deaths of innocents when its Germans and other Europeans who fought against communism that did it.

So if all sides commit atrocities in war, why do we only go after ones of a particular political persuasion? Especially when the side that committed more war crimes (the Soviets) gets a complete total pass on their crimes? And why the fuck would anyone on the right who gets the term Nazi hurled at them in the current year, ever agree to go along with such post-facto persecution? It seems very stupid to me.
View Quote

The world isn't fair... there's winners and losers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Nuremburg didn't.  They actually declared the 14th unit and the Waffen-SS as whole war criminals.

As for Canada. They whitewashed everything because they let shitloads hide there after they war.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, since he was being honored for fighting and killing Russians, it’s pretty safe to assume he didn’tu fall out of his rack in boot camp.

And Nuremberg did not give the 14th a pass, the court declared the whole unit war criminals.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is quite amusing. Not long ago there was an article about an old lady who typed shit for the nazis as a teenager and people wanted her prosecuted. This guy gets a 2 min standing ovation in Canadian Parliament
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It is the exact same logic you are using, just on a different scale because I do not know your background.  If I did, I guarantee you I could come up with a "guilt by association" which would none to you.

View Quote
Did you hurt yourself grasping for so many straws?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

“Fake demons” meaning “Fake issue”.     Ze Nazis were entirely and completely defeated in 1945.  Every last one was Dead, imprisoned, forgiven, or in hiding.      

My dad was alive for it, but very few remain, who were.   His dad, actually fought real live Nazis.    

This modern focus on Nazi-terror is beyond ridiculous, when there are people like Putin and supporters literally murdering people wholesale Today, at this very moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disagree .  War crimes are war  crimes .  And I don't believe there is a time limit on prosecutions for war crimes .   It is not an Ex issue .
The old bastard should not go to his grave being glorified .  He is not a fake demon as you say .

gd

“Fake demons” meaning “Fake issue”.     Ze Nazis were entirely and completely defeated in 1945.  Every last one was Dead, imprisoned, forgiven, or in hiding.      

My dad was alive for it, but very few remain, who were.   His dad, actually fought real live Nazis.    

This modern focus on Nazi-terror is beyond ridiculous, when there are people like Putin and supporters literally murdering people wholesale Today, at this very moment.

I would agree Putin and the atrocities in Ukraine are a much bigger concern than this minor issue.

But does pursuing Justice on this 98-year-old man for war crimes undermine Ukraine in any way? I don't think it does. It doesn't seem like a pick one and ignore the other kind of equation.

It's even possible that bringing attention and prosecuting a war crime will make people consider what's going on in Ukraine in the same light.

If he actually engaged in war crimes then he should be prosecuted.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not completely accurate.
View Quote

Why’s the Asian rookie who stood aside when st. Floyd in Jail?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It is quite amusing. Not long ago there was an article about an old lady who typed shit for the nazis as a teenager and people wanted her prosecuted. This guy gets a 2 min standing ovation in Canadian Parliament
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was prosecuted and ordered deported.
She died before being deported.

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I would agree Putin and the atrocities in Ukraine are a much bigger concern than this minor issue.

But does pursuing Justice on this 98-year-old man for war crimes undermine Ukraine in any way? I don't think it does. It doesn't seem like a pick one and ignore the other kind of equation.

It's even possible that bringing attention and prosecuting a war crime will make people consider what's going on in Ukraine in the same light.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disagree .  War crimes are war  crimes .  And I don't believe there is a time limit on prosecutions for war crimes .   It is not an Ex issue .
The old bastard should not go to his grave being glorified .  He is not a fake demon as you say .

gd

Why? Should we go after Vietnamese who killed southern civilians during tet? Do you wanna prosecute every GI who shot a water buffalo? Lets find the guys who placed the orders with Dupont for the napalm used to firebomb tokyo. Like, either we're giving everyone a pass on what they do in war (which seems to be the standard as long as you're not a European who fought against communism) or we're going after everyone for everything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
She was prosecuted and ordered deported.
She died before being deported.

View Quote

and this fucking nazi will be protected by the liberals.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Yet to see any specific crimes he allegedly committed
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hang them both.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do the Soviets that murdered tens of thousands innocent Poles also...
View Quote

Shit, they renamed Konigsberg for Mikhail Kalinin.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When this topic comes up, I usually want to ask those sincerely angry about this if we should dig this man up from Arlington:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_T
View Quote

Why would we dig him up? He was tried and convicted in Finland for his involvement in the SS after the war ended and served his prison term before the president of Finland pardoned him. He came to the US after that. I don’t think you have any clue of what you are taking about when it comes to this man, and your ignorant post shows it. The extent of Torni’s service in the SS amounted to attending training for 3 weeks in Germany and later stealing weapons from the Finnish Army and hiding them in secret caches in the event of a communist revolution in Finland.

The Ukrainian Nazi in question here was in a Waffen SS unit that murdered Polish civilians and many of those responsible got away with it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yet to see any specific crimes he allegedly committed
View Quote

i never saw any real evidence of crimes Osama Bin Laden committed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I will say that actual Poles are one of the few peoples that I would say have the right to say "I hate Nazis and Commies Equally" with an unironic straight face and mean every damn bit of it down to their very core.
View Quote

They lost 14% of their population to them during the war.  I had a Polish guy in my trade school and he hated Germans and Russians.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top