BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And Nuremberg did not give the 14th a pass, the court declared the whole unit war criminals.
View Quote

The entire Waffen-SS branch was declared "war criminals" by Nuremberg. Not just the 14th division.

The problem is that that not all parts of either were ever accused of any atrocities, and I still have no idea what this particular guy did. What is he accused of doing that would warrant extraditing him at 98 years old?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yet to see any specific crimes he allegedly committed
View Quote

The extradition is to try him, they must have something.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why? Should we go after Vietnamese who killed southern civilians during tet? Do you wanna prosecute every GI who shot a water buffalo? Lets find the guys who placed the orders with Dupont for the napalm used to firebomb tokyo. Like, either we're giving everyone a pass on what they do in war (which seems to be the standard as long as you're not a European who fought against communism) or we're going after everyone for everything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a manufactured drama.   Don’t fall for it.  Don’t perpetuate it.

The ex-Nazi is 98 years old-soon to be dead.  
All the other Nazis are long gone.   This is an Ex-Issue.  

Today, the world has the same evil of Putinism to confront.  
We don’t need to dredge up fake demons, when we have real live/real time demons who need to be stopped.

Disagree .  War crimes are war  crimes .  And I don't believe there is a time limit on prosecutions for war crimes .   It is not an Ex issue .
The old bastard should not go to his grave being glorified .  He is not a fake demon as you say .

gd

“Fake demons” meaning “Fake issue”.     Ze Nazis were entirely and completely defeated in 1945.  Every last one was Dead, imprisoned, forgiven, or in hiding.      

My dad was alive for it, but very few remain, who were.   His dad, actually fought real live Nazis.    

This modern focus on Nazi-terror is beyond ridiculous, when there are people like Putin and supporters literally murdering people wholesale Today, at this very moment.

I would agree Putin and the atrocities in Ukraine are a much bigger concern than this minor issue.

But does pursuing Justice on this 98-year-old man for war crimes undermine Ukraine in any way? I don't think it does. It doesn't seem like a pick one and ignore the other kind of equation.

It's even possible that bringing attention and prosecuting a war crime will make people consider what's going on in Ukraine in the same light.

If he actually engaged in war crimes then he should be prosecuted.

Why? Should we go after Vietnamese who killed southern civilians during tet? Do you wanna prosecute every GI who shot a water buffalo? Lets find the guys who placed the orders with Dupont for the napalm used to firebomb tokyo. Like, either we're giving everyone a pass on what they do in war (which seems to be the standard as long as you're not a European who fought against communism) or we're going after everyone for everything.

Depends what he did the kind of people that were actually involved with the death camps should be prosecuted.
Just being a member of the German military? Not so much.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is a manufactured drama.   Don't fall for it.  Don't perpetuate it.

We don't need to dredge up fake demons, when we have real live/real time demons who need to be stopped.
View Quote
My people would consider this SS soldier to be a very real demon. Getting old confers no absolution.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Depends what he did the kind of people that were actually involved with the death camps should be prosecuted.
View Quote

That’s the problem in a nutshell. People see “Waffen-SS” and they forget that it was an entire branch with 30-something divisions. That’s a lot of people.

Some of them were unquestionably war criminals and awful, sadistic people. But many were not, and many more were put in impossible positions.  Deporting this dude absent some substantial, credible, and individualized accusation, seems preposterous.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m genuinely curious to see if there is some credible accusation against him. Beyond “he was in the Waffen-SS.”

At this point it just seems like a geopolitical fuck-fuck game. His entire division was investigated and tried by a Canadian tribunal in the 1980s, and now he’s suddenly a problem again?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The US was far removed from the bombing destruction of WW2... It shows.

Pick a population center in the UK (most cities) with a major war effort and you'll see pictures like this:

https://cdn.britannica.com/93/215893-050-2B12C767.jpg

Do you think the bombing of german industrial sites was any less of a need for the war effort? Precision bombing in ww2 planes taking heavy fire... not the most accurate. All wars have casualties.

The B29 aimed to end the above, and did so effectively. How many more blitzes would have taken place otherwise?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think many B29 crewman should be tried 1st if we're talking actual morality concerning the deaths of innocent civilians.

The US was far removed from the bombing destruction of WW2... It shows.

Pick a population center in the UK (most cities) with a major war effort and you'll see pictures like this:

https://cdn.britannica.com/93/215893-050-2B12C767.jpg

Do you think the bombing of german industrial sites was any less of a need for the war effort? Precision bombing in ww2 planes taking heavy fire... not the most accurate. All wars have casualties.

The B29 aimed to end the above, and did so effectively. How many more blitzes would have taken place otherwise?

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got no love for nazis or camp guards but the dude's 98.  He got away with it.

The fuck you gonna do to him now?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How many of your relatives were murdered in Warsaw during WWII?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don’t need to dredge up fake demons, when we have real live/real time demons who need to be stopped.

How many of your relatives were murdered in Warsaw during WWII?

Murdered in Warsaw?   What an oddly specific question.      Are they somehow the only casualties of WW-II who matter?    
As it happens, My Grandfather fought to defend Poland from the Nazis.  Sorry he was a late to the rescue, but the Germans were a hard lot back then.     It’s a miracle that Churchill was able to somehow rally a war weary populace for another go at it.  
The raw courage it took for the English people to go it alone, is almost unfathomable.    I can’t claim that my Grandfather died, but his Brother did.   I hope that’ll be enough to satisfy you.  
Co-incidentally, my Wife’s grandfather lost a brother as well.  
People on both sides of my family sacrificed a great deal to free Warsaw.    Lots of other relatives were killed.   It was a big war.   Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fuck that demion shit.  Evil does not get a pass because he is 98.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that demion shit.  Evil does not get a pass because he is 98.

I didn’t say give him a pass.  I could execute him personally if legally ordered, and not lose any sleep over it.    What I’m saying, is, it’s water under the bridge.   He had a good long life already, whether we like it or not.  

All this drama over a 98 year old Nazi.   People have lost their friggin minds.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Uke-bros all butt-hurt lol.

He's going to stand trial in Poland if/when he's extradited. He can be exonerated or convicted there.

Every Nazi or SS soldier/civilian in a unit known to have committed war crimes should be tried.
View Quote

How on earth do you figure this to be a win for Putin’s minions?

Go ahead and explain why the Uke bros are supposed to be hurt by this?     Open question to any of you.    Why is this a big celebration for the Putin bois?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck everything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the vehement anti-racists twist themselves in to knots to avoid agreeing with Russia.

Like these people took a break from tearing down statues and trying to get people fired/expelled for displaying the Confederate flag last week to quibble over how the Waffen SS wasn't really the SS.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Go ahead and explain why the Uke bros are supposed to be hurt by this?     Open question to any of you.    Why is this a big celebration for the Putin bois?
View Quote

It reinforces and draws attention to Putin’s narrative that Ukraine was/is full of Nazis, and he is just trying to fight to de-Nazify it.

As a bonus, it makes a Western nation (Canada) look stupid.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of the nazis are long gone.  Riiiight.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/287498/1_mrm16_5GM4mU-U3ALOGyFQ-640x462_jpeg-2967464.JPG

Do you honestly believe Putins explanation, that he’s invading Ukraine to stomp out the Nazis?         Don’t equivocate.   If you believe it, Admit it like a man.

If you don’t, then say so.     Tell the truth.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why’s the Asian rookie who stood aside when st. Floyd in Jail?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not completely accurate.

Why’s the Asian rookie who stood aside when st. Floyd in Jail?

POLITICS
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How on earth do you figure this to be a win for Putin's minions?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's going to stand trial in Poland if/when he's extradited. He can be exonerated or convicted there.

Every Nazi or SS soldier/civilian in a unit known to have committed war crimes should be tried.

False premise. There are no Putin Bois.

But I see that almost the entire Ukebro brigade has arrived to argue against extradition proceedings for a former SS soldier.

If someone had told me 3 years ago that we'd have a group of arfcommers arguing against looking into a member of the SS because the investigation might embarrass the prime minister of Ukraine I would have laughed for 5 minutes straight.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol then why are all of you here arguing against investigating this guy? The Venn diagram is nearly a single circle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It reinforces and draws attention to Putin’s narrative that Ukraine was/is full of Nazis, and he is just trying to fight to de-Nazify it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good lord, it’s like feeding time at the zoo.   A cacophony of chirps, screams and guttural noises, but no logic or reason.

The naive Putin bois should be ashamed of themselves.   We should be grateful this is the only thing they can celebrate right now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol then why are all of you here arguing against investigating this guy? The Venn diagram is nearly a single circle.
View Quote

Who is going to investigate him, and for what, at this point? A tribunal (ironically, in Canada) already investigated and “tried” his entire division in 1986. What do you expect to happen now, and to what end?

This whole story has nothing to do with whether this guy is a war criminal, or “how bad” of a Nazi he was 70 years ago. He’s nothing but a pawn in the geopolitics of the day now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

But I see that almost the entire Ukebro brigade has arrived to argue against extradition proceedings for a former SS soldier.

If someone had told me 3 years ago that we'd have a group of arfcommers arguing against looking into a member of the SS because the investigation might embarrass the prime minister of Ukraine I would have laughed for 5 minutes straight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not arguing against extradition for him.    Who is?    As far as I’m concerned, the Poles can kill him today, because if they wait a year, he’ll die of natural causes.  

Quote the posts which have you so concerned.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#22]
What a fucking circus.  

Cheap entertainment for the masses and it works!

Lol…
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are at least 4 full time dedicated Putin trolls, and about 30 sycophants who lap up everything they post.   If you haven’t noticed, you better look in the mirror.  

The bolded part: That didn’t happen, as far as I can see.  I might have missed a post or two though.   Post the quote which says that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Canadian Parliament Gives Standing Ovation To A Literal Nazi While Zelensky Pumps His Fist In Solidarity

Led by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and visiting Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, the assembly offered a standing ovation to Yaroslave Hunka, a Ukrainian Nazi who fought in World War II as part of one of the infamous Waffen-SS units. Zelensky even pumped his fist multiple times in solidarity with the former Nazi fighter.

" />

" />
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

i definitely agree that the only good commie is a dead commie.

the commie's were actually worse than the nazi's.
View Quote

Just because socialist brothers fight sometimes doesn't mean they all shouldn't be shoved out of helicopters at cruising altitudes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yet to see any specific crimes he allegedly committed

There is no extradition. This is a tweet from the Polish equivalent of Miguel Cardona. Have to google Cardona? Well, that's how significant this little bullshit sideshow is.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I can't wait until America is no longer #1 global bully and the rest of the world gets to extradite all the bro-vets for their numerous war crimes/murder/etc
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody argued that, outside of your own confused brain.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I can't wait until America is no longer #1 global bully and the rest of the world gets to extradite all the bro-vets for their numerous war crimes/murder/etc
View Quote

See, this is how you troll!  

The rest of you guys need to take some notes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Extradite a 98 year old man that’s already got one foot in the grave, halfway across the planet, for being a soldier in the losing army eighty goddamn years ago? He would’ve been a boot private at 18, in 1943, four years after the invasion of poland.

Wtf, there’s cocksuckers out there today that need the trial and gallows treatment a hell of a lot more than some dude that fought on the losing side of a war eight decades ago. Where the fuck is the extradition order for george soros, that nazi fuck spent decades after the war screwing the economies of a dozen different nations, and royally fucking up politics in the US.

Bunch of fucking overgrown children running countries these days…
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There are at least 4 full time dedicated Putin trolls, and about 30 sycophants who lap up everything they post.   If you haven't noticed, you better look in the mirror.  

The bolded part: That didn't happen, as far as I can see.  I might have missed a post or two though.   Post the quote which says that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are at least 4 full time dedicated Putin trolls, and about 30 sycophants who lap up everything they post.   If you haven't noticed, you better look in the mirror.  

The bolded part: That didn't happen, as far as I can see.  I might have missed a post or two though.   Post the quote which says that.

I guess there are semantics games to play, but I don't really want to anymore.

Originally Posted By some guy on page 1:This is a manufactured drama.   Don't fall for it.  Don't perpetuate it.

We don't need to dredge up fake demons, when we have real live/real time demons who need to be stopped.

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there someone else posting from your account on pg 1?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fuck everything.
View Quote

That's probably taking it a bit far.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#34]
What year did his crimes take place?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've got no love for nazis or camp guards but the dude's 98.  He got away with it.

The fuck you gonna do to him now?
View Quote

Maybe not give him a standing ovation for his service for starters
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#36]
The hypocrisy is astounding with how ukebros are all about punishing war criminals in ukeland but war criminals in other locations don't warrant the same when their midget god is involved...
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The hypocrisy is astounding with how ukebros are all about punishing war criminals in ukeland but war criminals in other locations don't warrant the same when their midget god is involved...
View Quote

Maybe India can drone grenade him in Canada when Trudeau isn’t looking.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

See, this is how you troll!  

The rest of you guys need to take some notes.
View Quote

I'm not trolling, I'm 100% serious

The West loves to take "muh moral high ground" while conveniently ignoring the very long list of heinous shit they're responsible for

Oh wait, when you torture/murder/terrorize in the name of "democracy" it's a free pass
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good

The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi
View Quote

ummm...you do realize we've been arming, training and funding NAZIs in Ukraine right? not "neo-nazi'" loud and proud nazis!
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Don’t punish the Nazi or we won’t be able to deal with Putin!

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I’m not arguing against extradition for him.    Who is?    As far as I’m concerned, the Poles can kill him today, because if they wait a year, he’ll die of natural causes.  

Quote the posts which have you so concerned.

lol this is bush league gaslighting
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I see the Blame America First, Friends of Cindy Sheehan Pink Pussy Hat indoctrinated asshats have shown up.

This thread almost has it all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree, and after the war we should let Putin and everyone responsible for the war just live out their lives until they croak of old age.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#43]
SLABA-UOOOOOKRAIN, for THE GLORIE.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#44]
There are people that believe a serial killer or rapist should get away with it if they hit retirement age.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Many here and in the media are very ignorant about what the Galicia SS was. It was NOT a typical German SS unit, it was a military unit ONLY used only for front line combat. Ukrainians that joined pledged:

- ONLY to fight Russian communists since Russia just a few years earlier deported 300,000 Ukrainians to die in Siberia AND Stalin murdersd between 7 - 12 million Ukrainians in the Holodomor in 1931, the largest genocide by famine in order to wipe out Ukrainian history, ethnicity, culture, and language (something that was going on for hundreds of years between Muscovites/Russians and Kyivan-Rus people/Ukrainians).

- Ukrainians stated that they are NEVER to be positioned to fight ANY Allied force (and in the rare instance where they wound up faced off with one like France, they surrendered), and they never fought the Allies

- The SS Galicia funneled weapons to the Ukrainian Insurgent Army which was fighting and killing the Russians AND the Germans

- At one point, SS Galicia Units joined the Ukrainian Insurgent Army in mass

- The Ukrainian SS Galicia were NOT political Nazis nor did they consider themselves Nazis (Nazis killed over 2 million Ukrainians in WW2, my family wound up in a German camp and their home, business, and farm were taken)

- the Russians HATED Ukrainians and their partisan groups so as they say, the victors write the history and they did- filled with lies about Ukrainians

I won't list a bunch of books about this because ARFCOM is book/reading phobic,  but here is one interview which may be of interest:

????? ?????? Iryna Farion HISTORY Galicia Division ??????? ???????? WW2 Ukraine ?????? English
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That’s the problem in a nutshell. People see “Waffen-SS” and they forget that it was an entire branch with 30-something divisions. That’s a lot of people.

Some of them were unquestionably war criminals and awful, sadistic people. But many were not, and many more were put in impossible positions.  Deporting this dude absent some substantial, credible, and individualized accusation, seems preposterous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would agree I don't necessarily want him prosecuted just for being a member of the SS. If there's a reasonable assertion he was involved with the camps or something then yes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:This is a manufactured drama.   Don't fall for it.  Don't perpetuate it.

Thanks for quoting me.   I’m glad it made an impression.  

Fact 1. All 98 year old men will very soon be Dead.  

Fact 2. The Nazis were defeated by my Grandfather’s generation, nearly 80 years ago.    Putinism is Today’s evil, which must me confronted by Our generation.  

Which of these simple facts do you dispute?  

No changing the subject.  No cowardly equivocation.  Speak your truth.

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Fact 2. The Nazis were defeated by my Grandfather’s generation, nearly 80 years ago.    Putinism is Today’s evil, which must me confronted by Our generation.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:This is a manufactured drama.   Don't fall for it.  Don't perpetuate it.

Cowardice is thinking that servicing justice to a Nazi is silly because he’s X years old.

Equivocation is equating the German government, which was technically defeated on May 8th, 1945, with all Nazi soldiers, many of whom lived beyond the end of the war and were brought to bear for their crimes despite the war being over. By your logic, the Nuremberg Trials were silly because your grandfathers had already defeated Germany.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Cowardice
View Quote

calling it cowardice is being nice.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top