Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 50
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A woman said she heard a domestic disturbance from that apartment.  She also stated, according to the 911 caller, having heard similar things in the past coming from the same apartment.  The 911 caller is the one that stated she had heard a DV assault 2 weeks prior but was unsure of the exact address at the time and didn’t call.  

I do wish people would call more often when they see stuff versus waiting until someone else calls then coming out and telling me that they saw the suspect at a point where we could have caught them but decided to “mind their own business”. If you view that as being a “snitch” then that’s your issue to deal with

IIRC his girlfriend is said to live in Atlanta and is refusing to talk to FDLE about what happened.  As a result it is possible that the other resident hears the pair arguing via FaceTime. If that is the case, and the woman had called 911 instead of the office there’d be more info for the responding deputies to work with.   They would still knock the door but would have an idea of what might be going on.  
View Quote

Interesting world you live in where you want the police called more often.  When does calling the police EVER make a situation better? I personally would have a hard time being the person who called the police that shot this boy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not sure if posted before, but that's a lot of backing the Blue (USAF).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLcowE-P3q4
View Quote

Watching the outpouring of support for this murdered airman really drives home the point he was murdered by a coward.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
This cop was simply to scared to have  rational  thoughts   A man like this does not need to be in law enforcement
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Watching the outpouring of support for this murdered airman really drives home the point he was murdered by a coward.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Dude was an AC-130 gunner, survived doing hardcore shit in the Middle East just to be murdered on American soil by some goon with a gun and the backing of the largest gang in America.

Anyone defending this cop in any way should be getting an account lock in my humble opinion, but we all know that isn’t how it’s going to go. They’ll come in here and say the most ridiculous, freedom-hating, insane shit about how cops can do no wrong even in cases like this, and if anyone says anything to them that they deserve to be told, those are the people who will get punished.

Put me on your “list”, nerds. Not my first time being put on a list by tyrants and their supporters and it won’t be the last.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Dude was an AC-130 gunner, survived doing hardcore shit in the Middle East just to be murdered on American soil by some goon with a gun and the backing of the largest gang in America.

Anyone defending this cop in any way should be getting an account lock in my humble opinion, but we all know that isn’t how it’s going to go. They’ll come in here and say the most ridiculous, freedom-hating, insane shit about how cops can do no wrong even in cases like this, and if anyone says anything to them that they deserve to be told, those are the people who will get punished.

Put me on your “list”, nerds. Not my first time being put on a list by tyrants and their supporters and it won’t be the last.
View Quote

I didn't read all 39 pages but I'm pretty sure everyone agrees it's a bad shoot.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I didn't read all 39 pages but I'm pretty sure everyone agrees it's a bad shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of people have called it lawful.

Several are spending a lot of effort "not defending" it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This cop was simply to scared to have  rational  thoughts   A man like this does not need to be in law enforcement
View Quote

Unfortunately the way I see him leaving law enforcement is the Brailsford plan.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

We'll never see eye to eye on this and that's OK. I can discuss the legalities of something and other finer details of a situation without defending it or attacking it. Something can be lawful and we can also not like it.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve read every comment on every page and all I’ll say is there’s a whole lot of people on this website who claim to love the constitution and freedom and firearms, but also think that even the sight of a gun is justification for summary execution.

You know, like leftists.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were more than a few trying to blame it on the airman saying that he committed some form of brandishing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I’ve read every comment on every page and all I’ll say is there’s a whole lot of people on this website who claim to love the constitution and freedom and firearms, but also think that even the sight of a gun is justification for summary execution.

You know, like leftists.
View Quote

Sometimes, LEO is now an acronym for

Leftist Enforcement Officers
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You know, like leftists.
View Quote

I'll take your word for it. But I'll just say, having participated in possibly hundreds of discussions like this, sometimes people take explanations for something as defending or excusing it. When really people are just trying to explain how something happened. That doesn't mean they're excusing it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We'll never see eye to eye on this and that's OK. I can discuss the legalities of something and other finer details of a situation without defending it or attacking it. Something can be lawful and we can also not like it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's legal then it doesn't matter how much you don't like it.  Because you get what you accept.

It's sickening that this is what reasonable officers would do.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If it's legal then it doesn't matter how much you don't like it.  Because you get what you accept.

View Quote

Nothing I can do about it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure there is.  If you find it unacceptable then you petition your representatives to a more restrictive standard than judges made up on their own.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shitposting is more productive than justifying armed unskilled labor.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not here to justify anything. Sad story all around.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

you certainly know about the bolded portion
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Interesting world you live in where you want the police called more often.  When does calling the police EVER make a situation better? I personally would have a hard time being the person who called the police that shot this boy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A woman said she heard a domestic disturbance from that apartment.  She also stated, according to the 911 caller, having heard similar things in the past coming from the same apartment.  The 911 caller is the one that stated she had heard a DV assault 2 weeks prior but was unsure of the exact address at the time and didn’t call.  

I do wish people would call more often when they see stuff versus waiting until someone else calls then coming out and telling me that they saw the suspect at a point where we could have caught them but decided to “mind their own business”. If you view that as being a “snitch” then that’s your issue to deal with

IIRC his girlfriend is said to live in Atlanta and is refusing to talk to FDLE about what happened.  As a result it is possible that the other resident hears the pair arguing via FaceTime. If that is the case, and the woman had called 911 instead of the office there’d be more info for the responding deputies to work with.   They would still knock the door but would have an idea of what might be going on.  

In this case it didn't, but that does not mean it never does good.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Info from a party who heard about it from a 3rd party, AKA hearsay.
View Quote

Who is the 4th party in this?  Rey Mysterio?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something I'm curious about if you, or any other cops on here, would like to answer.

When a cop in your department fucks up like this guy did, or violates someone's rights and is called on it successfully (charges dropped, apology issued, lawsuit won etc.), or the hard chargers that get baited in on YouTube until a supervisor tells them to shut the hell up and they're in the wrong. Anything along those lines.

How do other officers generally react and treat them back at the station or in private settings?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Something I'm curious about if you, or any other cops on here, would like to answer.

When a cop in your department fucks up like this guy did, or violates someone's rights and is called on it successfully (charges dropped, apology issued, lawsuit won etc.), or the hard chargers that get baited in on YouTube until a supervisor tells them to shut the hell up and they're in the wrong. Anything along those lines.

How do other officers generally react and treat them back at the station or in private settings?
View Quote

If in a case like this; guys would be sayiing "damn, he fucked up" while reading the news story about the department arresting him.  When we had a two guys in my agency get popped for running protection for a dope dealer we were livid when we read the indictment and saw the crap they were doing. We were even more angry cause their actions caused us to have numerous cases dismissed if they had any involvement in them whatsoever (even if they only drove a van that took us to the scene of a search warrant service) and put us in danger on more than one occasion.  

The few run-ins with YouTards we have had had us be in the right so I can't comment on someone screwing that up.   When we have had issues with questionable searches we have gone to the supervisors and its been resolved via different means to include guys being cited for termination or sent back through an applicable block of the police academy (and being on performance probation).

f you have a problem guy that continues to be an issue he is shunned until he quits (getting canceled off a call he is already on scene for, having an additional officer show up to help the non-fuck up). There have even been times we have gone to the media and filed law suits against the agency for problems.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fucked up thing is I'm on your side, I just object to how LEO's are abused in the L48.

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ that was emotionally charged.  Pride and sadness at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A woman said she heard a domestic disturbance from that apartment.  She also stated, according to the 911 caller, having heard similar things in the past coming from the same apartment.  The 911 caller is the one that stated she had heard a DV assault 2 weeks prior but was unsure of the exact address at the time and didn't call.  

I do wish people would call more often when they see stuff versus waiting until someone else calls then coming out and telling me that they saw the suspect at a point where we could have caught them but decided to "mind their own business". If you view that as being a "snitch" then that's your issue to deal with

IIRC his girlfriend is said to live in Atlanta and is refusing to talk to FDLE about what happened.  As a result it is possible that the other resident hears the pair arguing via FaceTime. If that is the case, and the woman had called 911 instead of the office there'd be more info for the responding deputies to work with.   They would still knock the door but would have an idea of what might be going on.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one "witnessed" anything at all. An uninvolved party reported hearing some noises.

A woman said she heard a domestic disturbance from that apartment.  She also stated, according to the 911 caller, having heard similar things in the past coming from the same apartment.  The 911 caller is the one that stated she had heard a DV assault 2 weeks prior but was unsure of the exact address at the time and didn't call.  

You guys would love it if everyone was a snitch huh?

I do wish people would call more often when they see stuff versus waiting until someone else calls then coming out and telling me that they saw the suspect at a point where we could have caught them but decided to "mind their own business". If you view that as being a "snitch" then that's your issue to deal with

What are you trying to say with calling the cops on an earlier date? Are you still subscribing to the airman being guilty of any sort of DV previously?

IIRC his girlfriend is said to live in Atlanta and is refusing to talk to FDLE about what happened.  As a result it is possible that the other resident hears the pair arguing via FaceTime. If that is the case, and the woman had called 911 instead of the office there'd be more info for the responding deputies to work with.   They would still knock the door but would have an idea of what might be going on.  
She didn't even know what apartment it was coming from
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sure there is.  If you find it unacceptable then you petition your representatives to a more restrictive standard than judges made up on their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  I will.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Haven't seen any cops in any of it. Saw the police chief making excuses though
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Seems to me that the entry requirements should require an extensive psychological profile compiled by an unbiased third party (not the department//government), and that profile should be updated/reviewed throughout any career as a means of heading off problems and/or removing them.

Maybe body cams ought to be controlled by an unbiased third party, too? They go on at the start of the "shift," stay on the entire time, and are turned in at the end of the "shift." Less chance of anything being missed for both sides. A copy of any/all recordings would always be available to LE, but they will never possess the sole copy. If you aren't doing anything wrong...
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Seems to me that the entry requirements should require an extensive psychological profile compiled by an unbiased third party (not the department//government), and that profile should be updated/reviewed throughout any career as a means of heading off problems and/or removing them.

Maybe body cams ought to be controlled by an unbiased third party, too? They go on at the start of the "shift," stay on the entire time, and are turned in at the end of the "shift." Less chance of anything being missed for both sides. A copy of any/all recordings would always be available to LE, but they will never possess the sole copy. If you aren't doing anything wrong...
View Quote

So you expect them to record every time the officer goes to the bathroom, has a phone call with his SO or kids, etc? No privacy at all when he's not on a call?

I'm not a TBL'er by any stretch but that's not even close to reasonable
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So you expect them to record every time the officer goes to the bathroom, has a phone call with his SO or kids, etc? No privacy at all when he's not on a call?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither is shooting someone just for having a gun in their own home, and yet that’s exactly what this officer, his department, and his supporters are claiming in this thread.

Keep covering unreasonable actions under the “reasonable officer standard”, prepare for actions you don’t like to be used to correct that behavior.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Seems to me that the entry requirements should require an extensive psychological profile...
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#33]

How would running a BWC nonstop for an entire shift changed this shooting?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How would running a BWC nonstop for an entire shift changed this shooting?
View Quote

Fair question and I can’t think of how that would have changed anything.  You mentioned earlier that calling the police on Fortson earlier may have changed the outcome. How so?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Okay, which one of the AR15.com cops is this channel?  Seems Er’body is making a move.  So I guess the police just have to get it on.
Innocent People Killed in Justified Shootings
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Fair question and I can’t think of how that would have changed anything.  You mentioned earlier that calling the police on Fortson earlier may have changed the outcome. How so?
View Quote

They could have possible spoken with him and, as an example, found out his girlfriend leaves in Atlanta, they were having issues and argue via FaceTime. Or he could say that it’s actually a neighbor that argues all the time.  It basically gives the deputies a prior contact with the guy.  

It also lets him become familiar with the police knock and reduces the chances of him coming to the door with a gun in hand.  

Hell it might not have changed anything
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They could have possible spoken with him and, as an example, found out his girlfriend leaves in Atlanta, they were having issues and argue via FaceTime. Or he could say that it’s actually a neighbor that argues all the time.  It basically gives the deputies a prior contact with the guy.  

It also lets him become familiar with the police knock and reduces the chances of him coming to the door with a gun in hand.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only way I can think of that would have changed anything is the random chance that it was a different officer that did things different than Deputy QuickDraw.  According to the latest information there had been no prior calls to that apartment.   But okay, thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
She didn't even know what apartment it was coming from
View Quote

What did the disturbance actually end up being? Was he having an argument over the phone with his girlfriend?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be OK with a felony conviction for tampering with evidence if he ever 'forgets' to turn on his BWC as an alternative.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What video did you watch where a woman said she heard a domestic disturbance from that apartment?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What video did you watch where a woman said she heard a domestic disturbance from that apartment?

He has to have you muted or just ignoring you because he hasn’t answered anything you’ve said for the past two pages as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What did the disturbance actually end up being? Was he having an argument over the phone with his girlfriend?
View Quote

If so, I doubt she and Ben Crump are eager to tell us about it.

If not so, the two likely possibilities are that it came from the apartment with a gazillion recent domestic disturbance calls, or that the complaintant is full of shit.

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The girlfriend hasnt given a statement
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.  Too many law enforcement are lazy and incompetent at best and corrupt egotistical bullies at worst.  Don’t call unless you will get in legal trouble if you do not.  Best to keep them at a distance.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So you expect them to record every time the officer goes to the bathroom,
has a phone call with his SO or kids, etc? No privacy at all when he's not on a call?

View Quote

I believe about 75% of the acab group would

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're just civilians they wouldn't understand how LE operations work.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, wasn’t there was a statement released that confirmed that the two were on the phone while the pounding on the door was occurring? If he was home alone, then the argument causing the disturbance must have taken place over the phone.

Unless, the argument occurred in the apartment and then she left during the response time.

The description of the “disturbance” was a male and a female arguing, correct?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

But, wasn’t there was a statement released that confirmed that the two were on the phone while the pounding on the door was occurring? If he was home alone, then the argument causing the disturbance must have taken place over the phone.

Unless, the argument occurred in the apartment and then she left during the response time.

View Quote

Are you assuming that the 'sounds of domestic disturbance' actually occurred, and that they came from Fortson's apartment?

Because at this point, both of those statements require assuming facts not in evidence.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Okay, which one of the AR15.com cops is this channel?  Seems Er’body is making a move.  So I guess the police just have to get it on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CxylCOTGGY
View Quote

The truly fascinating thing is the cult-like butthurt by people in different States trying to justify shit TTP's
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

She’s talked to Crump and that’s it.   You can take a look at his statement and draw what you will from it at this point.    Unless something has changed she hasn’t spoken to investigators or made a public statement.  

According to current info they were FaceTiming  when the shooting happened.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/CWDXhtH.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you expect them to record every time the officer goes to the bathroom,
has a phone call with his SO or kids, etc? No privacy at all when he's not on a call?

https://i.imgur.com/CWDXhtH.jpg

And since only the cops here say acab that means that the cops are OK with their bwc running all the time.
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top