Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Bicycle crash almost killed my dad
8 hours in the OR

He was a State Trooper in the 60s, so he was not a wimp.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Has there ever been a more fitting metaphor for the course of Western civilization over the last century?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Cunts on bikes, who cares.

I think her motive was she was just being stupid. Investigation closed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I think next tour defrance Im going to get in the middle of the road (in line of sight so they can see me and stop) and start taking a giant shit right in the middle of the road while screaming at these idiots "SHARE THE ROAD"
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like that rider saw her and was like I'm going to take this dumb shit out.
Then I was like oh snap that's reinforced cardboard!

But seriously, those pictures make it looks like they all stopped for a cyclist orgy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy shit! Talk about assholes colliding! I'm surprised it didn't reach critical asshole mass with all that spandex.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
So a cardboard sign took them all out.

They cannot call themselves athletes anymore.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck bicyclists. They truly believe "Share The Road" is only aimed at automobile drivers. As a population, they are so self-important and self-centered that they are incapable of understanding what the word "share" means.
View Quote
For some it means "Get out of my way, cager."
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Arrested for an accident?
View Quote

Accident? Standing in the road during a event is an accident? Seemed to me the stood there on purpose.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

IEDs?  Hell, all it would take is a shovel full of playground sand...
View Quote
On a curve.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#11]
It's probably been said but I'm pretty sure that's not the worst crash ever.

Worst crash ever caused by a spectator maybe but probably not.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Does the pile of people need a Brazzers logo?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cyclist rode right into flimsy cardboard and got levelled.  I don't have much sympathy for him.

I might have some sympathy for others caught in the melee, but I saw 87 left lane campers and tailgaters so ZFG.
View Quote
This. Dude rode into her the and sign.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's probably been said but I'm pretty sure that's not the worst crash ever.

Worst crash ever caused by a spectator maybe but probably not.
View Quote

Fabio Casartelli died in the 1995 TdF, so I'm going with that being the worst.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
PRISON time?  What exactly is the charge?  And yes....LOL
View Quote

Probably to placate the public, and for her own safety.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#16]
100 dudes riding their bikes inches from each other? What could go wrong
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd love to see all the folks saying professional cyclists are a bunch of pussy spandex wearing faggots ride half of a TdF stage.  Not even at race pace - call it 75%.  And then come back and tell the class how easy it was......

That said, it will be interesting to see where the criminal charges go - I don't think there was any intent and I'm not a fan of criminalizing what was basically just being stupid and not paying attention to how quickly the peloton was approaching.  On the civil side, I assume France is like the US and you can be sued for almost anything - the dumbass woman is probably going to have to file for bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
100 dudes riding their bikes inches from each other? What could go wrong
View Quote

I'm no bike racer but I have ridden in a tight peloton like that in practice at the San Diego Velodrome (see background in my avatar.)  It's interesting how it works - Riders have to cooperate with each other in order to avoid crashing.  Unless you are at the very front of the pack, you feel very little wind, even a tailwind in some conditions.  In practice rides on the track, people take turns leading.  After you lead for a lap or so, you go off to the right (uphill), let the pack pass you, and pull in behind the group where you can rest up and get your wind back.

Riding like that on a controlled, smooth track isn't complicated but it requires some discipline.  Riding in tight formation on a city street would be a lot more challenging.  The riders are counting on spectators staying the heck out of their path.  They're concentrating on not side-swiping each other and presumably watching out for potholes.  Some careless dumbass getting in their path is not part of the plan.

If you know what's going on, it's easy to see how one rider at the front taking a spill can cause a disastrous chain reaction.

I kind of agree that bike racers tend to be jackasses, but they are real athletes.  It takes a lot of practice and training to do it well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cyclist rode right into flimsy cardboard and got levelled.  I don't have much sympathy for him.

I might have some sympathy for others caught in the melee, but I saw 87 left lane campers and tailgaters so ZFG.

Exactly where was he supposed to go? Right, left, maybe straight up?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whats the charge?
View Quote

Felony stupidity would be my first thought. Reckless endangerment, if such a charge exists in France.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
‘Now that she has been caught, she has to be questioned at length, to find out exactly what her motives were.’
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Partially the organizers fault for not putting up barriers to keep idiots away from the riders.
View Quote

You serious Clark?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You realize it's a massive race? Barriers along all of France!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Partially the organizers fault for not putting up barriers to keep idiots away from the riders.

Didn't work in 1940, won't work in 2021.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You serious Clark?
View Quote

They could probably put up a strand of electric fence pretty cheaply.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#25]
She should have worn a mask.  Or three...
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Road racing has its dangers, stupid people being one of them.
View Quote

Bingo

She had her back to the bikes.  The bikes could clearly see her and the obstacles.

Screw them. They could have avoided it. Still, what she did was stupid but not criminal.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#28]
maybe use your eyes to not run directly face first into objects in front of you?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So a cardboard sign took them all out.

They cannot call themselves athletes anymore.
View Quote

She was leaning into the road to support the far edge of the cardboard with a rigid arm; the rider hit her around the elbow, you can see her spin around. That's quite a mass to hit at that speed on a flimsy bike, especially if the hit is on the handlebar which then suddenly snaps the front wheel to the right.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
lmao

She needs to come stand on the long narrow 2 lane 45mph winding road near my house that these bicycle fairies always want to ride down during peak traffic times, causing a mile long backup and near-head on collisions when people try to go around them.

Fuck cyclists.  Go ride your children's toy at the public park.  Roads are for cars.
View Quote

sixth post nailed it.  SPNI?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Whats the charge?
View Quote

Stupidity
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I will need to see her naked before I pass judgement. I may even volunteer to interrogate her.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Woman is retarded but look at those crybaby cyclists.  They act like they were hit with an artillery barrage.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ask me how I know that this guy is a fat dumbass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lmao

She needs to come stand on the long narrow 2 lane 45mph winding road near my house that these bicycle fairies always want to ride down during peak traffic times, causing a mile long backup and near-head on collisions when people try to go around them.

Fuck cyclists.  Go ride your children's toy at the public park.  Roads are for cars.

Ask me how I know that this guy is a fat dumbass

You'd be wrong.  I'm also not a 5'8" 100lb leotard wearing fairy who likes to ride a children's toy down city streets at 1/4th the posted speed limit, creating a traffic hazard and calling it a sport.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You'd be wrong.  I'm also not a 5'8" 100lb leotard wearing fairy who likes to ride a children's toy down city streets at 1/4th the posted speed limit, creating a traffic hazard and calling it a sport.
View Quote

21ers, making 13ers look like the epitome of wisdom and intelligence.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Grown man on a bike taken out by a hundred pound woman holding a piece of cardboard with "go grandma" drawn on it.

If I were him I wouldn't want any attention drawn to that. At all.

The TDF always seemed idiotic anyway. Let's have a race set up in a way that encourages a bunch of doped up spazzes to ride twitchy steering road bikes inches away from each other in huge packs where if a single person goes down then everyone near and behind them is going down too..
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Holy shit! Talk about assholes colliding! I'm surprised it didn't reach critical asshole mass with all that spandex.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? @fowty is spot on correct.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Bingo

She had her back to the bikes.  The bikes could clearly see her and the obstacles.

Screw them. They could have avoided it. Still, what she did was stupid but not criminal.
View Quote

I'm not sure the 'criminal' aspect is going to be all that painful.

The civil suits from the tour, the riders, the team's, etc could be interesting. I doubt she has the means or the insurance to even begin to cover the damages.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
While I don't like a-hole cyclists.  But that is case by case situation.  Most are considerate when I encounter them on the roadway.  This is a serious competition with serious ramifications.  This attention whore needs to be severely punished.
View Quote

The quarter-finals of the NCAA Unlimited Weight Class Greco-Roman Mutual Masturbation Tourney are serious competitions with serious ramifications. This is men in ladies' foundation garments riding bicycles.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is true.  Many people also don’t realize that roads were first paved to accommodate bicycles.  It was hard riding bikes on rutted up dirt roads.  Cars came later and benefited from the infrastructure.  
View Quote

I think not. The Romans (apparently not as famously as I thought) had lots of paved roads and no bicycles at all. Also, the streets of Paris were paved long before the French Revolution.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

They tried that, but Fritz just took a right and came in through Belgium.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good. I hope they sue the shit out of her.
View Quote

she deserves a goddamn medal.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#44]
After three consecutive days marred by intense crashes to start the 2021 Tour de France, riders collectively brought Stage 4 to a halt for a full minute in a protest for safer racing conditions.

Riders bring Stage 4 to a halt for one minute in protest of early crashes | Cycling on NBC Sports
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Whats the charge?
View Quote

Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I just open my car door when those gutter sneaks whiz by.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Flimsy cardboard with her arm extended behind it holding it out for the cameras.  Rider's handlbars got clotheslined.

Fuck that chien femme.

Spectators on the Tour have an absolute duty not to interfere with the riders.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#49]
They should just space them out and start a new rider every 30 seconds so its not such a big cluster. The roads are too narrow for a group of 150 riders.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#50]
She's a dumbass attention whore. But I doubt there's much of a case for criminal activity. She didn't climb over any barricades that I could see in the video, if she did there were a shitload of other people there too. I didn't see any signs warning people to stay off the road. And if there were any cops or other people warning people back, I didn't see any signs of that either.

Expecting people to have common sense, knowing you're not going to get it out of more than 50% of the population, the charging one of the many idiots with a crime just doesn't seem workable, at least to me.

Now civil suits are another matter. Even if the cops let her go I suspect she'll be sued into oblivion.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top