BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is true.  Many people also don’t realize that roads were first paved to accommodate bicycles.  It was hard riding bikes on rutted up dirt roads.  Cars came later and benefited from the infrastructure.  
View Quote

We owe everything to bicyclists.

EVERYTHING.

I’m glad they let us drive on their freeways.

Fuck bicyclists. They truly believe “Share The Road” is only aimed at automobile drivers. As a population, they are so self-important and self-centered that they are incapable of understanding what the word “share” means.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Find out what her motives were?
She’s a dingbat who wasn’t paying attention and got in the way.
View Quote

She's clearly a terrorist.  

What did they charge her with?  I was unaware that being a nincompoop was illegal in France.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's a race on sanctioned roads. You are making some dumbass comments and I'm just going to quote them for posterity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you watch the video?

She was barely intruding on to the track and likely didn't even realize it.

This is the site that is all about personal responsibility -- what was the vehicle operator's responsibility to avoid the collision?  What about the other vehicle operator's responsibility to operate their vehicles in a safe manor, leaving space to stop without colliding into the vehicle in front of them?

It's a race on sanctioned roads. You are making some dumbass comments and I'm just going to quote them for posterity.

Yup.

Not a velodrome.  Not an enclosed race course.

A race through public roads with the distinct possibility that someone or something is going to do something stupid.

And that's what this spectator did: something stupid.  Not malicious.  She didn't tackle a bike.  She didn't jump into the middle of the course.  She held out a sign a bit too far and our Spandex Hero thought it better to try and crash through than maneuver around.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fuck bicyclists. They truly believe “Share The Road” is only aimed at automobile drivers. As a population, they are so self-important and self-centered that they are incapable of understanding what the word “share” means.
View Quote

To bicyclists, "Share The Road" has the same meaning as "Common Sense Gun Control" has to the anti-gunners.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good. I hope they sue the shit out of her.
View Quote
good luck, i doubt she has more than 10k euros in her account
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
good luck, i doubt she has more than 10k euros in her account
View Quote

Beats a stick in the eye. Stupid needs to start hurting again.  I was hoping she was gonna get beaten by the crowd.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Beyond the initial possible charge, the woman could face further accusations if individual riders chose to complain about her, said the source.
View Quote

Cyclist complaining??? oh yeah she's gonna be jailed for life
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lmao

She needs to come stand on the long narrow 2 lane 45mph winding road near my house that these bicycle fairies always want to ride down during peak traffic times, causing a mile long backup and near-head on collisions when people try to go around them.

Fuck cyclists.  Go ride your children's toy at the public park.  Roads are for cars.
View Quote

It's a race turd blossom but thanks for contributing to the conversation.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A bunch of cyclists and an attention whore with a sign. Surely I’m not alone in saying fuck everyone involved?
View Quote

No sir, you are not.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not really. They can still suck as many dicks as they want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So many dreams shattered because of her selfishness.

Not really. They can still suck as many dicks as they want.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They need to give her the death penalty. Judging by the pics it was worse than the marathon bombing
View Quote

LMAO...

I was thinking of soccer players that over act the seriousness of their imagined injuries for a foul...
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#13]
She got hit. She should sue the cyclist.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#14]
NOT GUILTY YOUR HONOR.

I think the cyclist hit her on purpose to teach her a lesson and he thought that the cardboard would be easy to go through.  And it would be if he wasn't such a pussy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lmao

She needs to come stand on the long narrow 2 lane 45mph winding road near my house that these bicycle fairies always want to ride down during peak traffic times, causing a mile long backup and near-head on collisions when people try to go around them.

Fuck cyclists.  Go ride your children's toy at the public park.  Roads are for cars.

Then go race on a racetrack, pedal pricks.  And do all your practicing on a racetrack too.

You don't see Dale Earnhardt Jr. clogging up city streets at rush hour doing 8 mph in his NASCAR.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Huh

I'm surprised they found her.

ETA from another article: "According to Reuters, she turned herself in"
View Quote
You know how journalist always make mountains out of mole hills.
She may not even have known she was wanted until the day she turned herself in. But the writer of this article would like to have you think she was ducking down dark alleys and camping out in the woods evading the police.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There was no place for him to go the way they were all bunched up.  If he slowed down, crash.  If he swerved, crash.  His only hope was for dumb bitch to get out of his way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes but these are highly focused and top level performing athletes!  They can't be expected to adapt to road conditions!

There was no place for him to go the way they were all bunched up.  If he slowed down, crash.  If he swerved, crash.  His only hope was for dumb bitch to get out of his way.
So what I believe you are saying is that the very nature of the sport involves a lot of risk.  It's risky and cyclists take risks by the way they bunch up, draft, coordinate, choose lines, etc.  Said "dumb bitch" should have been paying attention to oncoming traffic instead of showboating for a camera, but again that's part of the risk.

As someone else pointed out, he made no attempt to do anything other than to ride right through her sign and got wrecked in the process.  His better hope would have been to brace for a mild impact rather than nonchalantly get smoked by a piece of cardboard and a bit of wrist.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#19]
It's rather incredible the amount of angst and butthurt caused by one lady not paying attention to her surroundings and armed with a piece of cardboard.  

Frankly, if I was a terrorist who hated the Western world I'd be taking note.  Imagine what a couple of IEDs could accomplish.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#20]
That cyclist that went down first is a pussy. I would have smacked that fucking sign out of her hand and then upside her head before she knew what hit her. How do you run into a piece of cardboard and fold like a piece of paper. He saw it and hit it like she was holding a piece of concrete. WTF?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#21]

That car thought it was a Mustang
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#22]
yet another GD thread that proves stupid people have access to the internet..............
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's rather incredible the amount of angst and butthurt caused by one lady not paying attention to her surroundings and armed with a piece of cardboard.  

Frankly, if I was a terrorist who hated the Western world I'd be taking note.  Imagine what a couple of IEDs could accomplish.
View Quote

Looked like the impact however slight, hit his handle bar and yanked it to his right.  Wouldn't take much to wreck someone that way.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

IEDs?  Hell, all it would take is a shovel full of playground sand...
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What's crazy is that wreck was probably more expensive than a supercar pileup on the Autobahn.
View Quote

Do tell?  What Is the cost on those things?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#26]
When the dust settled, it was revealed: Trump won the Tour de France

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Looked like the impact however slight, hit his handle bar and yanked it to his right.  Wouldn't take much to wreck someone that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. I think people are thinking of hitting a piece of cardboard on their huffy or trek going 5mph not hauling ass clipped into a 15lb bike setup for maximum efficiency. Even without external help it doesn't take much to wreck in those tight groups.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, those guys are only a couple inches apart. Between back wheel of lead guy, and rear wheel of front guy; NASCARs fans would know of this as "drafting" , which can be huge at 100MPH, but in cycling is a sport where they might put out 4 HP at amsolute max during a sprint, most times it is conserving energy and saving for the sprint. THey draft because that allows them to save energy, they have teams that are based around drafting and swapping off who is in the lead. Armstrong(doper that he was) was HUGE because he didn't stick with his team, he led the pack consistently which got him a huge looking at im sure. Ive drafted off another cyclist on my road bike and you the wind resistance might drop down by 1/3 letting you exert almost minimal effort(say 30% of max power) to sustain yourself while they are at 80% max power and you are full on able to converse levels of effort they are panting.
Triathelons PROHIBIT drafting because they are expressly endourance solo events NOT team sports while tour de france is a TEAM sport/event and encourages it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LOL
View Quote

I agree with you.  One person holding cardboard took out a bunch of spandex wearing, bicyclists.  Tell me again what the issue is?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
lmao

View Quote

Dude , get out of my head !!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn the butthurt in this thread is wild

Relax my babies, and enjoy the view
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's crazy is that wreck was probably more expensive than a supercar pileup on the Autobahn.

About $12k.
https://www.active.com/cycling/articles/how-much-does-a-tour-de-france-bike-cost
https://fortune.com/2018/07/06/tour-de-france-bikes-cost/

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#34]
She hauled ass outta there. Once they started falling she was gone.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Whats the charge?
View Quote

Causing the destruction of some baguettes and fouling some cheese. Sacre bleu!
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Kspeer

He was exaggerating but not too far, but a complete tour de France level bike might be 10-15k; some riders might get super sponsored and get more expensive one off stuff(think a custom Glock being 2k =standard team rider, but a custom one off polymer p80 built by S&W for jerry michutek would be 5k-10k= flagship riders/team leaders)  ; 99% of all competators would never even be able to tell, but at that level the extra customization might matter). BUT since it is likely 90% carbon fiber(gears, and a couple other pieces are metal, most other parts are carbon fiber) once you impact it once it might be compromised and you either get rid of it or you get it inspected professionally.  There are actually rules on minimum weight of bike because they were getting too stupid light, it is a sport where they measure parts in grams.  

One of the most famous/susseccrful riders of all time Eddie Merkx was hit by a bus as a teen ager and had a broken hip that made him have a shorter stroke on one side when he pedaled so his bikes were all custom to the point that other riders would be unable to ride them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Whats the charge?
View Quote

Leaving the scene of an accident.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whats the charge?

"Prosecutors have opened a criminal enquiry for ‘deliberately violating safety regulations and so causing injuries that might prevent someone working for up to three months.’

This is an indictable offence in France punishable with up to a year in prison and a fine equivalent to just under £13,000."
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a road for her to stand near. Bicyclist ride 4 wide and are shocked when you pass them because they are riding along discussing ass chaffing, which lube is best and other important stuff.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Arrested for an accident?
View Quote

They must determine her political reliability before they can determine whether she deserves punishment or not.

And how ze is gendered.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have a road for her to stand near. Bicyclist ride 4 wide and are shocked when you pass them because they are riding along discussing ass chaffing, which lube is best and other important stuff.
View Quote

What road? I actively work with clubs in the state to educate and correct the behavior of their group rides

You don't even need to be that specific, general area is fine
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#42]
arrested
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#43]
She earned the dumb C award!
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm even more confused, what ramifications.  World peace, war in Antarctica,  an alien invasion, or Joe Biden is coherent. Or so cyclist looses a race and some major sponsors and cash.
Cause if its the last one that guy is a pussy. For enough money, I'd pop a wheelie, and ride her down while screaming YeeHaw.
View Quote
Shit, of this is your answer to cyclists, I would love to see what you would do to droves of Karen's who choose to walk on the street instead of sidewalk for their morning excise.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"Prosecutors have opened a criminal enquiry for ‘deliberately violating safety regulations and so causing injuries that might prevent someone working for up to three months.’

This is an indictable offence in France punishable with up to a year in prison and a fine equivalent to just under £13,000."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whats the charge?

I hope she didn't sign off on taking the safety course training to get credits.

I'm kinda pulling for her now since there's so much drama from the bike guys. Like it's not supposed to have inherent danger going fast and reacting with the environment. They failed to negotiate an obstacle...
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Arrested for an accident?
View Quote

I'm pretty sure her "motive" was she's a self centered idiot.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
lmao

View Quote

Ask me how I know that this guy is a fat dumbass
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#49]
The woman is a dumbass and professional cyclists are pussies. They both got what they deserved.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I never knew where Peloton got its name. Interesting.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top