Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 27
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Life in prison for every single person involved in such fuck ups is the only real justice.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason that people don't trust cops is that for every one that is incompetent or corrupt, there seems to be dozens, if not hundreds, of his "brothers" who are willing to slavishly make excuses for him.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The reason that people don't trust cops is that for every one that is incompetent or corrupt, there seems to be dozens, if not hundreds, of his "brothers" who are willing to slavishly make excuses for him.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm about to get into the assassination business.  
Show up at someone's door at 3 in the morning.  
If they answer the door armed, blast them.
If they are not armed, simply walk away and come back the next night, and the next night, and the next night, UNTIL they get pissed/scared and show up armed....and them BLAST THEM.

https://media.tenor.com/v_h7ocKTs_QAAAAd/i-started-blasting-so-anyway-i-started-blasting.gif

https://media.tenor.com/Qo9KZKsWyTAAAAAM/legal-perfectly-legal.gif
View Quote

Armed does not equal brandishing or assault. Armed is fine. Amazing there are gun owners that don’t know the difference
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Armed does not equal brandishing or assault. Armed is fine. Amazing there are gun owners that don’t know the difference
View Quote

You are the only one who keeps making these assumptions for your BS strawman argument.   Sorta like "answering the door in a criminal manner..."
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

The old 'we had a call' but any address will do trick.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like an east-west running street which should mean odd numbers on north, evens on south.
House number clearly visible on front of house.
View Quote

Partially true. It starts at the center of towns, the 100 block. As you drive out from the center of town the evens on the right and odds on the left as the numbers get bigger. Both north/south and East/West work the same away. If you are driving towards the center of town then even numbers on your left and odd are on your right, and the address are getting smaller.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You are the only one who keeps making these assumptions for your BS strawman argument.   Sorta like "answering the door in a criminal manner..."
View Quote

Did we ever get a definition for what that means?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Partially true. It starts at the center of towns, the 100 block. As you drive out from the center of town the evens on the right and odds on the left as the numbers get bigger. Both north/south and East/West work the same away. If you are driving towards the center of town then even numbers on your left and odd are on your right, and the address are getting smaller.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like an east-west running street which should mean odd numbers on north, evens on south.
House number clearly visible on front of house.

Not all road networks are based on towns....there are a lack of them in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Opening your door with a gun in your hand when the police are knocking is full stop retarded.

They were responding to a domestic, I can almost gaurantee they weren't tapping on the door. Likely pounding on it and yelling police.

But yeah, attack my geographic location, moron.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

CLICK
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
This is why it’s much safer to just not respond to calls for service. Officer time never shot anyone on accident.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You'll see the shooting caused by one of two things:

1- home owner opens the door with gun in hand but not pointed at anyone. One officer calls gun and the victim is shot

2 - home owner opens door with gun in hand, is lax with muzzle awareness and sweeps/points at officers, officers then shoot victim.
View Quote
That first one is something your community really needs to work on training out of.

The mere presence of a firearm does not a free-fire zone make.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not all road networks are based on towns....there are a lack of them in my neck of the woods.
View Quote

True, but still follows the order of numbers increasing or decreasing in size. Even if there isn’t a town.
At least in my experience this has been the case.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like a Capitol Murder charge is in order.  In Texas the Capitol Murder charge is the one that brings the needle.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#16]
all cops should have to work a year or two delivering pizzas before they join the academy.
that should clear up the 'wrong address' problems.

never once in my life have the stoners at dominos brought me a pizza i didn't order.....i've gotten some shitty pizzas sometimes, but i never got one intended for someone else.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would bet you money, less than 1% of the population was ever taught that. Even fewer remember it. Kudos to you for knowing.
View Quote

The 18 year old kid delivering your pizza was taught that the numbers are even on your right when you're driving towards the bigger numbers his first day on the job. The general population not so much. But I think it's fair to hold highly trained LE to the standards expected of an entry level Domino's driver.

And I think pretty much everybody knows that every road and street has an even side and an odd side. 'I'm in 310, and 311 is right across the street from me' seems like something any kid would notice when learning about the concept of addresses.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said we need more info. “Armed” it’s far to vague and can mean too many things. Holstered, holding, brandishing, pointing/aiming, and shooting are all “armed”. Answering in a “criminal manner” would start with brandishing on that list.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Did we ever get a definition for what that means?
View Quote
I think that depends on if the officer is menstruating, or is being cuckold by his wife..

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That first one is something your community really needs to work on training out of.

View Quote

It is something that everyone that carries a gun needs to work.  Improper threat identification is an issue across the board. On the LE side, training methods have changed (over the last 10 years or so) to better address it  

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sounds like a Capitol Murder charge is in order.  In Texas the Capitol Murder charge is the one that brings the needle.
View Quote
And if you don't want to Capitol Murder charge the cop who pulled the trigger, give him manslaughter.  Then charge the cop who was responsible for getting them at the wrong location.  If its a group add conspiracy.

Its about time shit like this STOPPED happening, period.  They have a fucking responsibility to just do the right thing.  Much less not murder the public.  The specific ones who do it, need to accountable.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Charge them all with murder take their pensions sell off all their possessions and give it all to the victims family
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Charge them all with murder take their pensions sell off all their possessions and give it all to the victims family
View Quote

This shit would stop overnight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Idiots. Lots of them wear a uniform.
View Quote

ITDCCVSR

Inattention To Detail Can Cause Very Serious Repercussions.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Idiots. Lots of them wear a uniform.
View Quote
Lots of them come to the door armed, as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Should be death penalty.

You went to wrong house and murdered someone simply because you saw them legitimately carrying a gun in their own house at night.

No excuse.
View Quote

Meh.  Responding to a domestic incident tends to escalate to violence on a fairly regular basis, so the cops are likely expecting some frisky shit.  

With that said, it all boils down to something I've been saying since 1998 on this forum.

"Just because someone has a gun, does not mean they are threatening you with it".  

Cops should not shoot people just because there is a gun in their hand.  If the gun comes UP TOWARD YOU, shoot.  

Can that happen really quickly?  Yep.  That presents some risk.  But should you shoot someone just because they have a gun in their hand?  NO.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#27]
So, what fucking beat cop isn't painfully aware that even numbers are on one side of the street, and odd numbers on the other?  Like, at some point approaching the address you are looking at house numbers.  You would think someone would have seen a 1 or a 3 and said "oh, it's going to be on THIS side of the street....."

ETA: beaten on that point.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lots of them come to the door armed, as well.
View Quote

That is the elephant in the corner.

So folks are saying that is some hoodrat shows up at cops door in the middle of the night, and the cop answers the door armed, said hoodrat can legally blast.  Again, if you don't have a holster (because you grabbed your nightstand gun to see what is going on), it is a mighty thin (blue) line between "holding" and "brandishing" (in a criminal manner or something).
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Those police officers should join the FBI.  I hear the FBI's Boston office is actively recruiting.  
View Quote

They sound more like ATF material.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Opening your door with a gun in your hand when the police are knocking is full stop retarded.

They were responding to a domestic, I can almost gaurantee they weren't tapping on the door. Likely pounding on it and yelling police.

View Quote

If you want an armed homeowner to bring his gun to the door, the way to do it is to really beat on that sumbitch like you're trying to beat it in, I'm just saying.  Also, people inside can't hear you yelling "POLICE!"  They just hear undistinguishable yelling.  

Use a couple brain cells.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Dirty, corrupt, incompetent, murderous cops probably knew they were at the wrong address and planned to murder the guy. Deceased probably fucked the dirty cops girlfriend in high school and the murderer was just itching to get back at him.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their union leaders would be like "smile and wave boys" and they would just quit responding to calls.  

If you want them to take some risks to avoid shooting innocent people, they would rather just not help anyone.

Prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Dirty, corrupt, incompetent, murderous cops probably knew they were at the wrong address and planned to murder the guy. Deceased probably fucked the dirty cops girlfriend in high school and the murderer was just itching to get back at him.
View Quote

This post has the most value as an illustration of the technique used by the Left to inject ideas like "Q" into the public to paint all MAGA Republicans as being retarded...........
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I said we need more info. “Armed” it’s far to vague and can mean too many things. Holstered, holding, brandishing, pointing/aiming, and shooting are all “armed”. Answering in a “criminal manner” would start with brandishing on that list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep making wild assumptions.   You don't know shit about what happened.   Gonna admit you're a fucking idiot if the bodycam shows the dead guy didn't behave criminally or point the gun at the cops?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You keep making wild assumptions.   You don't know shit about what happened.   Gonna admit you're a fucking idiot if the bodycam shows the dead guy didn't behave criminally or point the gun at the cops?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn’t make any assumptions. Look up maybe in a dictionary.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wow.

Those specific police officers seem to be really bad at that specific time.

I don't know protocol needs to be put into place for this to stop happening but it needs to happen before more random innocent homeowners are killed by the government.
View Quote

If Amazon, UPS, and Fedex can't solve wrong address issues it's unlikely that you'll be able to statistically eliminate cops showing up at wrong addresses.

It could be reduced for sure, but it's never stopping even if we go by the most extreme requests in this thread like jailing anyone involved in this fuck up for life.

Everyone in this thread should contemplate their tactics for someone banging on their door at night claiming to be police.  These stories are a good opportunity to think about such things.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Never answer the door.
View Quote

Those fuckers outstanding law enforcment officers (saving myself from a ban) would have just kicked it in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even more amazing is the number of LEOs that don't know or care about the difference.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you want an armed homeowner to bring his gun to the door, the way to do it is to really beat on that sumbitch like you're trying to beat it in, I'm just saying.  Also, people inside can't hear you yelling "POLICE!"  They just hear undistinguishable yelling.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the police press release -

"Once she realized that the individuals outside the residence were officers" she dropped her weapon.

Which means up to that point she was unaware it was police at the door. So, likely the husband was unaware too.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does just anybody have a right to politely knock on your door?
Yes.

Does just anybody have the right to pound insistently on your door during normal sleep hours and demand that their desire to engage you in your own home take precedence over your right to sleep in your own home?
Maybe not.

At what point does their disturbing your peace authorize you to engage in "get off my porch" brandishing?

Does somebody brandishing in order to encourage you to stop trespassing on their property authorize you to shoot them dead?

What if you don't GTFO when they start brandishing, and in response to your armed trespass they start pointing?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If Amazon, UPS, and Fedex can't solve wrong address issues it's unlikely that you'll be able to statistically eliminate cops showing up at wrong addresses.

It could be reduced for sure, but it's never stopping even if we go by the most extreme requests in this thread like jailing anyone involved in this fuck up for life.

Everyone in this thread should contemplate their tactics for someone banging on their door at night claiming to be police.  These stories are a good opportunity to think about such things.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.

I don't know protocol needs to be put into place for this to stop happening but it needs to happen before more random innocent homeowners are killed by the government.

Amazon, UPS etc usually attend the address alone.

Here we have TWO officers who both misread the address !
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't worry.

When the bodycam footage is released, the police will conveniently add subtitles to "assist" you in hearing exactly what they want you to hear. Then, once people have read it a time or two, it will become ingrained in people's minds as "fact", regardless whether or not it's the truth.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

"Once she realized that the individuals outside the residence were officers" she dropped her weapon.

Which means up to that point she was unaware it was police at the door. So, likely the husband was unaware too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably the same train of thought of "I'm going to surprise these people, but blast them if they don't respond exactly how I expect them to.  Screw any viewpoint of being an innocent person just woken up."
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You'll see the shooting caused by one of two things:

1- home owner opens the door with gun in hand but not pointed at anyone. One officer calls gun and the victim is shot

2 - home owner opens door with gun in hand, is lax with muzzle awareness and sweeps/points at officers, officers then shoot victim.
View Quote

Don’t forget that in either case I bet officers friendly and incompetent probably all blinded the homeowner with flashlights and/or weapon mounted lights.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn, is it a Monday morning already
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.

Amazon etc, doesn't murder people upon arrival. Do they?  I don't know the stats, but I am thinking they don't do that.  

It is incumbent on PD to get it right, at least the right address.  There are checks every step of the way to insure stuff like this.  Who dropped that ball.  Making sure the address is right is a big deal.  

For Amazon and the like its an error that is fixable, and happens with low enough occurrence they are willing to pay that price.  For the cops, in this case shooting somebody, that price is too high.  The company should fold if it happens only a couple of times.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Imagine that.  Good thing this doesn’t happen often.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So look out a window?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure, because NO WAY would the bad guys yell "police" to get you to open up so they can rob you.

So look out a window?

Yeahhhhh that worked out well for the last few shootings where the resident looked out the window.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Also, people inside can't hear you yelling "POLICE!"  They just hear undistinguishable yelling.  

View Quote

not quite accurate
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#50]
The article posted doesn't mention if the police responded to the wrong address by their own mistake, by dispatch's mistake, or by the 911 caller's mistake.

So, are we just going to assume it was the police until we know otherwise?
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top