User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Point to the relevant paragraph in 5200.01.
View Quote

It was State Dept.  While I was a lowly enlisted Marine, I had two Chains of Command.  State Dept and USMC.  

I don't know enough about strictly DoD security protocols to even hazard a guess.  My primary MOS was an 0351.  Nothing high speed or low drag.  I wasn't intel, nor never pretended to be.  However, the training we received on handling classified info was from the State Dept, and according to their protocols.

If it makes you feel any better, I never busted anybody in a Defence Attache Office.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It was State Dept.  While I was a lowly enlisted Marine, I had two Chains of Command.  State Dept and USMC.  

I don't know enough about strictly DoD security protocols to even hazard a guess.  My primary MOS was an 0351.  Nothing high speed or low drag.  I wasn't intel, nor never pretended to be.  However, the training we received on handling classified info was from the State Dept, and according to their protocols.

If it makes you feel any better, I never busted anybody in a Defence Attache Office.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The relevant FAM then.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The relevant FAM then.
View Quote

Let's see..  I got out of the USMC in late 1995.  I don't remember off the top of my head.  I do completely different stuff now.  I don't know if the protocols we used then are same as the current protocols.  Maybe they are the same.  Maybe they aren't.  I wouldn't know now either way.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The relevant FAM then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The relevant FAM then.

Dude, State doesn't follow FAMs any more than DoD follows its own regulations. RSOs are gonna RSO.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dude, State doesn't follow FAMs any more than DoD follows its own regulations. RSOs are gonna RSO.

View Quote

I'm pretty sure quite a few people in DS would disagree.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not wrong.  The preceding conversation was predicated on a RSO giving some really stupid guidance to a group of people that didn't know any better.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 3:58:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Their mission is not to emulate insider threats and go poking through security containers to which they have not been granted access.  Find a combo, properly secure a combo, report to appropriate security authorities.  Find a document, properly secure a document, report to appropriate security authorities.  If reporting procedures require that someone else be called in to secure a document, then maintain positive control until that person arrives.

Take off your cape and put the underwear back inside the pants where they belong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am amazed at the number of people here, that think classified material can only be stored in a SCIF.  Between 1991 and 2017 I had a TS clearance and routinely stored confidential and secret documents in a GSA approved container (safe chained to a huge eyebolt in the floor) in my office.

I think it generally amounts to accessibility.  If I knew classified docs were in a closed safe, but I couldn't find the key or combo...it was secure.  If I found a combo, and I opened the safe....it wasn't secure.  That generally resulted in a written  reprimand. I can't remember exactly how many reprimands a state dept person needed before they got into trouble (sliding scale on classification level).  If I found TS,  the RSO was called in.

Who in the blue fuck authorized you to go snooping around for combos and then attempt to breach security containers that you were not authorized to access?

It is literally one of MSG’s primary missions. External security and internal security.

Their mission is not to emulate insider threats and go poking through security containers to which they have not been granted access.  Find a combo, properly secure a combo, report to appropriate security authorities.  Find a document, properly secure a document, report to appropriate security authorities.  If reporting procedures require that someone else be called in to secure a document, then maintain positive control until that person arrives.

Take off your cape and put the underwear back inside the pants where they belong.

You are trying to tell someone who works at a US Embassy how things work at a US Embassy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You are trying to tell someone who works at a US Embassy how things work at a US Embassy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am amazed at the number of people here, that think classified material can only be stored in a SCIF.  Between 1991 and 2017 I had a TS clearance and routinely stored confidential and secret documents in a GSA approved container (safe chained to a huge eyebolt in the floor) in my office.

I think it generally amounts to accessibility.  If I knew classified docs were in a closed safe, but I couldn't find the key or combo...it was secure.  If I found a combo, and I opened the safe....it wasn't secure.  That generally resulted in a written  reprimand. I can't remember exactly how many reprimands a state dept person needed before they got into trouble (sliding scale on classification level).  If I found TS,  the RSO was called in.

Who in the blue fuck authorized you to go snooping around for combos and then attempt to breach security containers that you were not authorized to access?

It is literally one of MSG’s primary missions. External security and internal security.

Yeah?  They’re not responsible for the SF701.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a bit more complicated than that. But I will not delve further into this topic.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Trump complied with the National Archives request for manner of safe storage, and made modifications to do so and be in compliance.

Xiden was unaware he possessed classified documents, and simply left them in a box in a closet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's rather flippant. I hope you don't handle classified material as a part of your job.

lol
I like you
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There will be no ramifications for classified material breech of protocol for anybody associated with the democrats.  

When I used to be an MSG, and I was on mids, I dug through everybody's stuff looking for any type of classified material.
View Quote

I bet you're fun at parties
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Edit: never mind, not worth arguing over when those of us that were MSGs actually were trained how to conduct our security inspections and did them the way we were trained at the time we were MSGs.

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Just keep it in your garage as long as you lock it up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tumblr_inline_n5u0xtXbcw1ryxhvf_zpsoiemfgn1-120.jpg

You're not familiar with what Marine Embassy Guards do if you think that's a security violation.

The primary mission of an MSG is to protect classified material in our Embassies and Consulates.  

The biggest way that is done is to do security inspections at night when DoS has gone home.  Everything left in the embassy is fair game.  You check desk drawers, book shelfs, brief cases, purses, behind desks, pull out desk drawers and look behind them, check for unlocked safes (if you find one unlocked you search it and confiscate the highest level marked item), you look for combinations under desk calendars or hidden as fake phone numbers on telephone lists or written down as birthdays etc. If you find a suspected combo you start trying it on the safes in the office and if you pop one then you search the safe and confiscate a document.  

Once you find something you write up a security violation and confiscate the material, secure it,  and it gets logged in the Chronological log in Post 1.  It gets turned over to the DoS security officer and then it's handled from there by DoS. If it's a TS violation it gets called in to the RSO and DetCmdr immediately.

They even train you how to do searches at the school with offices and sometimes they plant simulated classified material to see how good you are searching. For real world practical application we bussed up to D.C. after hours and on a weekend and raided DoS HQ and tore that place apart. In my class we literally found over a shopping cart's worth of material both times.  

DoS employees leaving the building turned around and ran back into the building in a panic when they saw us unloading from the bus as they what was about to go down.

Edit: by confiscating a document you have thus proved there was a violation. You're supposed to do it without reading any of the material and only looking at classified markings.

I will caveat with I was an Embassy guard a long time ago, so things might have changed, but I suspect not too much in regards to security inspections has changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There will be no ramifications for classified material breech of protocol for anybody associated with the democrats.  

When I used to be an MSG, and I was on mids, I dug through everybody's stuff looking for any type of classified material.

Speaking of security violations...

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tumblr_inline_n5u0xtXbcw1ryxhvf_zpsoiemfgn1-120.jpg

You're not familiar with what Marine Embassy Guards do if you think that's a security violation.

The primary mission of an MSG is to protect classified material in our Embassies and Consulates.  

The biggest way that is done is to do security inspections at night when DoS has gone home.  Everything left in the embassy is fair game.  You check desk drawers, book shelfs, brief cases, purses, behind desks, pull out desk drawers and look behind them, check for unlocked safes (if you find one unlocked you search it and confiscate the highest level marked item), you look for combinations under desk calendars or hidden as fake phone numbers on telephone lists or written down as birthdays etc. If you find a suspected combo you start trying it on the safes in the office and if you pop one then you search the safe and confiscate a document.  

Once you find something you write up a security violation and confiscate the material, secure it,  and it gets logged in the Chronological log in Post 1.  It gets turned over to the DoS security officer and then it's handled from there by DoS. If it's a TS violation it gets called in to the RSO and DetCmdr immediately.

They even train you how to do searches at the school with offices and sometimes they plant simulated classified material to see how good you are searching. For real world practical application we bussed up to D.C. after hours and on a weekend and raided DoS HQ and tore that place apart. In my class we literally found over a shopping cart's worth of material both times.  

DoS employees leaving the building turned around and ran back into the building in a panic when they saw us unloading from the bus as they what was about to go down.

Edit: by confiscating a document you have thus proved there was a violation. You're supposed to do it without reading any of the material and only looking at classified markings.

I will caveat with I was an Embassy guard a long time ago, so things might have changed, but I suspect not too much in regards to security inspections has changed.

In 2013, the mission was changed slightly “ To provide protection to mission personnel and prevent the compromise of national security information and equipment at designated diplomatic and consular facilities”

However the school house still takes the students up to main state to find documents during their time under instruction.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The biggest way that is done is to do security inspections at night when DoS has gone home.  Everything left in the embassy is fair game.  You check desk drawers, book shelfs, brief cases, purses, behind desks, pull out desk drawers and look behind them, check for unlocked safes (if you find one unlocked you search it and confiscate the highest level marked item), you look for combinations under desk calendars or hidden as fake phone numbers on telephone lists or written down as birthdays etc. If you find a suspected combo you start trying it on the safes in the office and if you pop one then you search the safe and confiscate the highest classification marked document.  

DoS employees leaving the building turned around and ran back into the building in a panic when they saw us unloading from the bus as they knew what was about to go down.

View Quote

What were your postings?

I was AmEmb NewDelhi then
AmEmb Budapest
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not all classified info must be stored in a SCIF. Confidential and secret may be stored in an appropriate storage container (safe) outside of a SCIF.
View Quote

Safe and sound in a garage next to a Corvette?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I bet you're fun at parties
View Quote

Ah man, it's worse than you know.  

I'm actually pretty chill.  But if I'm getting paid to do something (that isn't violating anybody's natural rights or Constitutional rights), I'm going to exhaust the effort to the best of my ability.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What were your postings?

AmEmb Budapest
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The biggest way that is done is to do security inspections at night when DoS has gone home.  Everything left in the embassy is fair game.  You check desk drawers, book shelfs, brief cases, purses, behind desks, pull out desk drawers and look behind them, check for unlocked safes (if you find one unlocked you search it and confiscate the highest level marked item), you look for combinations under desk calendars or hidden as fake phone numbers on telephone lists or written down as birthdays etc. If you find a suspected combo you start trying it on the safes in the office and if you pop one then you search the safe and confiscate the highest classification marked document.  

DoS employees leaving the building turned around and ran back into the building in a panic when they saw us unloading from the bus as they knew what was about to go down.

What were your postings?

AmEmb Budapest

Bangkok, Bucharest, San Jose.

I also worked in Frankfort for about a month when I was waiting on my visa to enter Romania. Instead of fucking around in the company office, the DetCmdr got me to help them out. I would hang out with Post 1 and break them for their lunch and escort chars in the Consulate and at the Annex.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What years Bucharest?
View Quote

88-89. I left a few months before they overthrew Ceau?escu.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bangkok, Bucharest, San Jose.

I also worked in Frankfort for about a month when I was waiting on my visa to enter Romania. Instead of fucking around in the company office, the DetCmdr got me to help them out. I would hang out with Post 1 and break them for their lunch and escort chars in the Consulate and at the Annex.
View Quote

I was in Delhi 93 to 94, then Budapest from 94 to 95.  It was an interesting time for both places.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is Sandy Berger still in prison?
View Quote

did he even go to prison?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Edit: never mind, not worth arguing over when those of us that were MSGs actually were trained how to conduct our security inspections and did them the way we were trained at the time we were MSGs.

View Quote

It's understood just fine.  Your "training" and "guidance" exposed the information you were so zealously "protecting" to more risk than just leaving it the fuck alone and establishing, securing, and enforcing appropriate security boundaries and taking appropriate action when those boundaries were violated by internal or external threats.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Trump did NOT possess “classified” material.  He used his authority to declassify the materials he took to Mar a Lago.

Biden DID illegally posses classified material.  As Vice President, he did NOT have the authority to declassify such material.

The VP has similar authorities for “executive functions,” such as acting on behalf of the President.  However, that would never apply to taking classified material home, after he left office.

If Obama wants to step in an say, “Oh yeah, I remember declassifying that stuff for Joe…”
View Quote

Not all pages read yet.  This is kind of interesting.  Ol' Joe has already said he doesn't know what they found.  And something about his lawyers did not advise him to ask what was it that was found.  Which would suggest he's forgotten - a not unlikely possibility for him.  Or they intend to throw an acquaintance under the bus.  Which is clearly a possibility.  And again, as with Trump, if any higher level materials.  Whose copy did they find??  And Obama, not sure he can help.  He's going to say he declassified everything Joe had on campus?  Joecalled, said he had a box of docs, could I wave my declass wand over it?   Oh yeah, and another box, and and over his house.  Woops. my guest house in Florida?  And the boat.  Hunter's car trunk.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
These days, the good reasons to have paper classified documents are pretty slim. The information lives on computers, in databases, etc. To me, printing classified hints at intentional mishandling.
View Quote

Back in my day, hard copy was about all we had.  And Radio comms were concerned about Tempest and we just starting to realize that bringing a personal computer or laptop to the Reserve Center to help us do our jobs was bad, that they could be surveilled from a distance.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's understood just fine.  Your "training" and "guidance" exposed the information you were so zealously "protecting" to more risk than just leaving it the fuck alone and establishing, securing, and enforcing appropriate security boundaries and taking appropriate action when those boundaries were violated by internal or external threats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro.  Let it go. After hours security checks have been a thing in every SCIF and OSS I’ve worked in for the last thirty years. Varying degrees of zealotry, but did you expect less of Marines?  

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take the bait...

You characterized what one of the posters was doing during his security inspection as a security violation.

If an MSG is carrying out his duties in accordance with and directed by regulations for conducting security inspections, handling of unsecured classified material, and handling of unsecured storage containers, how is it "a security violation"? How is it not "taking the appropriate action"?  

If he didn't carry out those duties and/or take those appropriate actions, as prescribed by the regulations, would he not be derelict in his duties?

What was appropriate action(s) for conducting security inspections when you were an MSG or RSO?

When discovering unsecured classified material Secret or below?  Top Secret?

When discovering an unsecured storage container?

When discovering a suspected combination to a space or safe?

When discovering an unsecured space that you did not have authorized access to?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll take the bait...

You characterized what one of the posters was doing during his security inspection as a security violation.

If an MSG is carrying out his duties in accordance with and directed by regulations for conducting security inspections, handling of unsecured classified material, and handling of unsecured storage containers, how is it "a security violation"? How is it not "taking the appropriate action"?  

If he didn't carry out those duties and/or take those appropriate actions, as prescribed by the regulations, would he not be derelict in his duties?

What was appropriate action(s) for conducting security inspections when you were an MSG or RSO?

View Quote

Prison sweeps have a place and time.  The schoolhouse should probably get over itself and quit drinking its own koolaid.  All those accomplish is a shift of responsibility from the individuals who should be accountable for proper storage and handling, to the MSG personnel who have better uses for their time.  You're also skipping past the part where ambassadors have a lot of discretion in how the results of one of those sweeps are handled, with the end result being that a lot of them are not.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Prison sweeps have a place and time.  The schoolhouse should probably get over itself and quit drinking its own koolaid.  All those accomplish is a shift of responsibility from the individuals who should be accountable for proper storage and handling, to the MSG personnel who have better uses for their time.  You're also skipping past the part where ambassadors have a lot of discretion in how the results of one of those sweeps are handled, with the end result being that a lot of them are not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll take the bait...

Dude. You are literally arguing with an expert on how to do his job.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll take the bait...

No, what I am pointing out is that sometimes what we are told to do, even if well-intentioned, is at odds with both the reasons why we do or do not do certain things, and the guiding references.  Given that I spent a few days last week actually teaching a not-dissimilar course of instruction, I'm not at all uncomfortable with that position.  We're all approaching this from differing perspectives on securing information.  I understand exactly where he's coming from because I deal with it all. the. time.  Breaking people out of the "This is what my CC/S/A guidance says..." paradigm is a full-time job.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No, what I am pointing out is that sometimes what we are told to do, even if well-intentioned, is at odds with both the reasons why we do or do not do certain things, and the guiding references.  Given that I spent a few days last week actually teaching a not-dissimilar course of instruction, I'm not at all uncomfortable with that position.  We're all approaching this from differing perspectives on securing information.  I understand exactly where he's coming from because I deal with it all. the. time.  Breaking people out of the "This is what my CC/S/A guidance says..." paradigm is a full-time job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll take the bait...

Telling someone they are wrong for following written, established, long standing direction isn’t accurate.

As I said earlier, after hours checks are a thing. Have been for at least thirty years that I know of and many more from what I was always taught coming up through the ranks. You seem to have some quibble with the exact level of zealousness they carry out their orders with, but if people are writing down and storing combinations to safes illegally, that’s the violation, not that SGT Timmy found it.

The orders SGT Timmy is following come from his CO and ultimately all the way up the chain, probably to an instruction signed by a flag officer somewhere. Not following those orders gets him fired and kicked out of the military, so what point do you think you’re making?  You said the guy was committing a security violation and he was not doing so.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Telling someone they are wrong for following written, established, long standing direction isn’t accurate.

As I said earlier, after hours checks are a thing. Have been for at least thirty years that I know of and many more from what I was always taught coming up through the ranks. You seem to have some quibble with the exact level of zealousness they carry out their orders with, but if people are writing down and storing combinations to safes illegally, that’s the violation, not that SGT Timmy found it.

The orders SGT Timmy is following come from his CO and ultimately all the way up the chain, probably to an instruction signed by a flag officer somewhere. Not following those orders gets him fired and kicked out of the military, so what point do you think you’re making?  You said the guy was committing a security violation and he was not doing so.
View Quote

Stripping away all the superfluous points, what it comes down to is that hand-waving away fundamental principles like need-to-know within spaces where legal authority to challenge and remove suspicious or unauthorized personnel both exists and is exercised is a dubious practice in search of procedural violations.  And that is coming from someone who would quite happily metaphorically eviscerate and display the entrails of people who knowingly and/or blatantly disregard standards for protection of sensitive information.

I understand where he/they are coming from, and we can agree to disagree on the particulars.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Best I can tell, here is the rub:

Find a combo to a classified safe during an after hours inspection? Good job. Report it.

Find a combo to a classified safe during an after hours inspection? And then open the safe, go through all the shit in there to find the highest level of classified material you can, to report that? Security violation and an even worse potential security compromise.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The ONLY Classified material that Biden could have declassified, would be material that HE had originally classified as the "Original Classification Authority."

He cannot declassify material that was classified by the President or other Agency head that has Original Classification Authority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do share the link to the source documents that support your statement.

EO 13526.

Sec. 1.3.  Classification Authority.  (a)  The authority to classify information originally may be exercised only by:

(1)  the President and the Vice President;

PART 3 -- DECLASSIFICATION AND DOWNGRADING

Sec. 3.1.  Authority for Declassification.  (a)  Information shall be declassified as soon as it no longer meets the standards for classification under this order.

(b)  Information shall be declassified or downgraded by:

(1)  the official who authorized the original classification, if that official is still serving in the same position and has original classification authority;

(2)  the originator's current successor in function, if that individual has original classification authority;

The ONLY Classified material that Biden could have declassified, would be material that HE had originally classified as the "Original Classification Authority."

He cannot declassify material that was classified by the President or other Agency head that has Original Classification Authority.
That's the way I read that as well.  I highly doubt Obama let Joey be the OCA for anything, particularly anything dealing with Ukraine.  That would have been up to someone in either CIA, DoD, or State.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have never seen Confidential stuff.

It is pretty much unused.
View Quote
I have.  Loads of it.  Even authored quite a bit of it.  CASREPS and ship schedules are almost all Confidential for instance.  Ships have Confidential pubs on the bridge that are used every watch.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have.  Loads of it.  Even authored quite a bit of it.  CASREPS and ship schedules are almost all Confidential for instance.  Ships have Confidential pubs on the bridge that are used every watch.
View Quote

The USAF rarely uses it.

I routinely author readiness evaluation reports for for Fighter Wings.  Those are all Secret. Of course things really get interesting when you get into the intelligence world.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are we certain that Biden was unaware (beyond his general lack of awareness about everything)?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump complied with the National Archives request for manner of safe storage, and made modifications to do so and be in compliance.

Xiden was unaware he possessed classified documents, and simply left them in a box in a closet.

Are we certain that Biden was unaware (beyond his general lack of awareness about everything)?

I give it at least a 30% chance he and/or his son was selling it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

That actually sounds like a pretty fun job.

For the first couple months, anyway.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Dang, all that wasted training when you can just store classified material in a box in your garage.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is Sandy Berger still in prison?
View Quote

He never went to prison, probation is as much as a democrat will ever get.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That actually sounds like a pretty fun job.

For the first couple months, anyway.
View Quote

I'm guessing everyone ends up disliking you, the same way everyone despises the guy who sneaks around and steals peoples' CACs/PIVs from their PC/laptop when they step away for a minute.  Granted, that's a much less serious issue than leaving classified material unattended.

But who amongst us hasn't been saved by a decent buddy who saw something we left out and grabbed it, until we came back, without making a huge deal about it?  Not me of course.  I've never left anything unattended.  Or sped.  Or had impure thoughts.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top