Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
China 9, Liberty 37

has a cameo of Sam Peckinpah as Wilbur Olsen

And full-frontal nudity with 70's big bush,  Jenny Agutter

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]
During the filming of the original Jurassic Park, Steven Spielberg insisted on having doubles for most of the primary cast in the event one was eaten by a dinosaur during production.
Saw it in a meme….gotta be true.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Battle: Los Angeles - The aliens who thought they were attacking Los Angeles were actually attacking Shreveport and Baton Rouge.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:21:32 AM EDT
[#4]
top 3 facts about movies i could think of in an instant. i used to be an absolute total movie buff but something no longer made sense and i stopped watching.

1. terry crews who played President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho in my old favorite movie idiocracy said that while at a hollywood elite party he was approached by a drunken jewish movie maker i forget the guys name and the guy grabbed ahold of terrys penis and testicles massaging them in front of his wife. terry got a giant settlement to keep his mouth shut once it got out in the news that terry was not gay and mad as hell that his wife saw him not beat the guy into the carpet.

2. spielbergs 1st movie was called amblin and was only about a young boy on the road with zero interest in gals that made no sense. at the very last minute of the movie he turns out to be a full blown guy on guy anal fag who cared more for loosening his anus with pepto bismol and reading gay literature than ever looking at the most sexy and available gals who couldnt catch him.

researchers have proven the movie would only be exposed as secretly gay to the gay community and all other watchers of the film would walk away never understanding the meaning of the movie except that it was extremely meaningless!

after that spielbergs career burst onto the scene with powerful philantrophist backing. spielberg went on to make movies such as amistad and shindlers list etc that rewrite jewish slave trade history and ww2 in such a way that creates great racial hate against everyone except jews. spielberg had jeffrey epstein style hollywood elite initiation partys with multiple child rape case coverups at the residence that micheal jackson later ended up with called neverland ranch.

3. steven spielberg and 2 other extremely powerful elite pedophiles raped the 12 year old little girl movie star named heather o'rourke on the actual set of the movie poltergeist in 1988 in a side room. the three of them raped her in places we ought not talk about so hard she died the most violent death a child could possibly have. the paramedics kept reviving her and the resulting death and autopsy was extremely hard to cover up and alot of info leaked out at the time but media domination and vast money eventually fixed the problem.

theres still old documentaries and documents on all this stuff if you know where to look its just very much sensored.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Industrial light and magic/Lucas film used a few off the toy shelf Kenner die cast tie fighters for filming a few distant looking shots of tie fighters in return of the Jedi.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
top 3 facts about movies i could think of in an instant. i used to be an absolute total movie buff but something no longer made sense and i stopped watching.

1. terry crews who played President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho in my old favorite movie idiocracy said that while at a hollywood elite party he was approached by a drunken jewish movie maker i forget the guys name and the guy grabbed ahold of terrys penis and testicles massaging them in front of his wife. terry got a giant settlement to keep his mouth shut once it got out in the news that terry was not gay and mad as hell that his wife saw him not beat the guy into the carpet.

2. spielbergs 1st movie was called amblin and was only about a young boy on the road with zero interest in gals that made no sense. at the very last minute of the movie he turns out to be a full blown guy on guy anal fag who cared more for loosening his anus with pepto bismol and reading gay literature than ever looking at the most sexy and available gals who couldnt catch him.

researchers have proven the movie would only be exposed as secretly gay to the gay community and all other watchers of the film would walk away never understanding the meaning of the movie except that it was extremely meaningless!

after that spielbergs career burst onto the scene with powerful philantrophist backing. spielberg went on to make movies such as amistad and shindlers list etc that rewrite jewish slave trade history and ww2 in such a way that creates great racial hate against everyone except jews. spielberg had jeffrey epstein style hollywood elite initiation partys with multiple child rape case coverups at the residence that micheal jackson later ended up with called neverland ranch.

3. steven spielberg and 2 other extremely powerful elite pedophiles raped the 12 year old little girl movie star named heather o'rourke on the actual set of the movie poltergeist in 1988 in a side room. the three of them raped her in places we ought not talk about so hard she died the most violent death a child could possibly have. the paramedics kept reviving her and the resulting death and autopsy was extremely hard to cover up and alot of info leaked out at the time but media domination and vast money eventually fixed the problem.

theres still old documentaries and documents on all this stuff if you know where to look its just very much sensored.

View Quote

Welp.

That escalated quickly.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep. Did a lot of filming with a broken toe*, too. VM is a badass.

*When he comes upon the funeral pyre of Orcs, suspecting that Merry and Pippin were dead, he kicks an Orkish helmet. Broke his toe at that point; the anguish immediately afterward was real.

0:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOqyK8BCD4U
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In The Fellowship of The Ring, the Uruk Hai Lurtz was supposed to throw the dagger several feet off to the side, away from Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn).  Then special effects and camera angles would be used to make it appear that the dagger was thrown directly at Viggo Mortensen.

The dagger slipped out of the orc actor's hands, flying directly at Viggo.  Viggo deflected the dagger with his sword for real.
https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-04-2014/vsWZ0Y.gif

Yep. Did a lot of filming with a broken toe*, too. VM is a badass.

*When he comes upon the funeral pyre of Orcs, suspecting that Merry and Pippin were dead, he kicks an Orkish helmet. Broke his toe at that point; the anguish immediately afterward was real.

0:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOqyK8BCD4U

Viggo bought the grey he rode in fellowship, an Andalusian named Florian and gifted it to one of the stunt women from the film
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Viggo bought the grey he rode in fellowship, an Andalusian named Florian and gifted it to one of the stunt women from the film
View Quote

Username checks out.

While on the subject of Viggo Mortensen and horses, Hidalgo is an excellent movie.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Christmas Vacation was filmed in the summertime.
View Quote

On the same side lot they used for"Lethal Weapon"
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#10]
The original Top Gun was initially intended to be about a young man who wanted to drive a city bus for a living.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Username checks out.

While on the subject of Viggo Mortensen and horses, Hidalgo is an excellent movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Username checks out.

Viggo bought one of the hidalgo doubles as well RH Tecontender. The main was bought by the screenwriter.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Darth Vaders iconic breathing was a small microphone placed in a scuba mask
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Watched Office Space the other night.

Realized the Printer smashing  Michael Bolton

Was also the Secretary of State in Idiocracy

Both Mike Judge films
~ trivia brought to you by Carls Jr.~
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Julia Roberts caught aphids from Richard Gere during the filming of Pretty Woman.
Which she then gave to Dennis Hopper in the film Hook.
View Quote

She caught agriculturally damaging bugs?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Julia Roberts caught aphids from Richard Gere during the filming of Pretty Woman.
View Quote
A healthy dose of lady bugs should clear that right up.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I still have a hard time believing that John Rhys-Davies played Gimli.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72701/OIP__49__jpeg-2420777.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72701/OIP__48__jpeg-2420779.JPG

Talk about some magic with forced perspective...
View Quote

Rhys-Davies is also the TALLEST of the Fellowship!
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Walt Disney wouldn't let Annette Funicello wear a true bikini in the 1963 movie Beach Party.
View Quote
I believe you.  If I recall correctly, Annette was under contract with Disney that when filmed in a bathing suit, she could only wear a one piece swimsuit to preserve her wholesome professional image.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read about it on the Discovery Channel.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:45:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard it was centipedes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Milla Jovovich was 19 when she filmed scenes for The Fifth Element, when production began in 1995.  

The director Luc Besson married her in 1997 when she was 21 and he was 38; she was his third waifu.

Prior to her he was involved with a 15-year-old when he was 31 and married that one when she hit 16.  

That second wife claimed his movie Leon (AKA The Professional) was inspired by their relationship.  That film revolves around the relationship between an adult man and a 12-year-old girl.  Natalie Portman, who played the 12-year-old was subjected to all kinds of undue pedo attention after that movie was released.

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Even though he played an aging gunman dying of cancer in The Shootist, John Wayne was cancer free during the shooting of the film.  He was very sick however during filming, delaying it somewhat.  He died three years later of stomach cancer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#22]
A two for one. One scene left on the cutting room floor of Fury has Pitt who is drunk and mad leaving a barn dance with his brother and a girl and Pitt is at the wheel. He loses control and his brother is killed. The hot engine lands on his back which is where the scarring came from. The reaction Pitt had when the new A driver gave him his name is because Pitts brothers name was Norman.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Tombstone.  Every guys mustache was real except for one.  Jon Tenney who played Behan.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A two for one. One scene left on the cutting room floor of Fury has Pitt who is drunk and mad leaving a barn dance with his brother and a girl and Pitt is at the wheel. He loses control and his brother is killed. The hot engine lands on his back which is where the scarring came from. The reaction Pitt had when the new A driver gave him his name is because Pitts brothers name was Norman.
View Quote

I finally watched Fury last week. That cut scene would've clarified Pitt's affection for the new guy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Movie fact - The firehouse (L.A. fire station 23) used in Ghostbusters as their HQ is the same firehouse used in BTiLC as Egg Shen’s home/shop.

Movie flub - LotR movie, Two Towers. Riders of Rohan Act: Aragon, Legolas, Gimli (The Three Hunters) meet the banished riders of Rohan. As they depart each other, you can see the Captain Èomer’s sword accidentally slip from its sheath while on horseback (27m43s).

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#27]
In the 1955 horror/scifi movie 'Tarantula', Clint Eastwood was the uncredited squadron leader firing rockets at the critter

Clint Eastwood in Tarantula

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is that true?

I've been in East St. Louis late at night, so I shouldn't even question you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Escape From New York was filmed in East St. Louis because it already looks like that.

Saved money not building a set.

Is that true?

@eraser

It’s true. I don’t recommend going there at night.

Bad for your health.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In the 1955 horror/scifi movie 'Tarantula', Clint Eastwood was the uncredited squadron leader firing rockets at the critter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBlumsniGko

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24334/61MHwOcK3fL__AC__jpg-2422328.JPG
View Quote

THAT'll keep 'em off his lawn!
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Just started the TV series Knight Rider (from 1982). The first episode had Barret Oliver, the boy in Neverending Story (1984).
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@eraser

It's true. I don't recommend going there at night.

Bad for your health.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Escape From New York was filmed in East St. Louis because it already looks like that.

Saved money not building a set.

Is that true?

@eraser

It's true. I don't recommend going there at night.

Bad for your health.
P.T.'s in Centreville is thanked in the credits.
Escape From New York end credits

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#33]
The entire film, TV and music industry is a fraction of the size of the gaming industry and shrinking.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In "The Wrath of Khan," a dying cadet grabs Kirk's tunic and gasps "Is the order given?" The stain on Kirk's chest moves around between 3 scenes.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi2.wp.com%2Fmovies.trekcore.com%2Fgallery%2Falbums%2Ftwokhd%2Ftwokhd0551.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

In a later cut, the bloody stain is almost on Kirk's right shoulder; the third time you see it, it's moved back to its original place.

Can't find any pics of the second location, though.
View Quote

I finally found a pic!

Link Posted: 6/20/2022 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#35]
In the movie "Raise the Titanic" (1980),  while discussing the project,  Dirk Pitt mentions "that sub we raised a couple years ago, " apparently referring to Project Azorian.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#36]
In "The Third Element," Zorg and Dallas never neet.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#37]
My mom owns the building where the “nickel plated sissy pistol” scene happened in US Marshalls.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#38]
There's no reason for Shimmer Lake to feature sheriff's deputies in tan uniforms and tan cruisers because it wasn't filmed in Ohio. It was filmed in Toronto.

Also, many films and TV shows that feature portrayals of the LAPD omit the usage of front-facing steady-red and rear-facing amber lights, so as to differentiate mock cruisers from real ones. This is easily seen in series such as Southland.

In a lot of war movies, green crosses are used instead of red crosses to denote medics and hospitals because red crosses are a trademark of the Red Cross Society.

George Lucas had to create his own special effects company, Industrial Light & Magic, to do the special effects in the original trilogy of Star Wars.

Will Smith rarely does sequels for movies because he won't do a sequel for a movie he hated acting in. It's speculated that this is why there hasn't been a sequel for I Am Legend.

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, intentionally used 399 swears because it would've gotten an NC-17 rating if it used 400 swears.

During the production of Noah's Ark in 1927, three extras drowned on set during a scene depicting the Great Flood, while multiple extras were seriously injured, including one that required a leg amputation. 35 ambulances responded to the set, and stuntman safety laws were passed the next year.

Damn, I feel like a nerd.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:33:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:16:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My mom owns the building where the “nickel plated sissy pistol” scene happened in US Marshalls.
View Quote

Nice!  Did they buy the track suit there or somewhere else?   lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:24:39 AM EDT
[#41]
John Travolta turned down the lead roles for An Officer and a Gentleman & American Gigolo, both of which went to Richard Gere.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 4:19:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Arsenio Hall turned down the role of Mike Lowery in Bad Boys, which ultimately went to Will Smith....who eventually declined the role of Neo in The Matrix.  Speaking of Bad Boys, the movie was originally imagined as a more comedic "buddy" film featuring Dana Carvey and John Lovitz.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:11:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Ron Jeremy was in the original Ghostbusters movie as an extra in the crowd. He can only be seen in the original widescreen version.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My mom owns the building where the "nickel plated sissy pistol" scene happened in US Marshalls.
View Quote
That's cool.  Any more details?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Arsenio Hall turned down the role of Mike Lowery in Bad Boys, which ultimately went to Will Smith....who eventually declined the role of Neo in The Matrix.  Speaking of Bad Boys, the movie was originally imagined as a more comedic "buddy" film featuring Dana Carvey and John Lovitz.
View Quote

Does anyone else want to see this movie now? I certainly do.

I'm picturing something along the lines of Hot Fuzz...
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Broken Arrow (1996) with Travolta and Slater was supposed to be one of the summer movies of 1995, but the Oklahoma City Bombing and the movie's nuclear terrorism theme caused the studio to delay its release until the following February.
++++++++++++++++
Die Hard was originally conceived as a sequel to Commando, with Schwarzenegger reprising his role as John Matrix.
++++++++++++++++
Tom Selleck was originally the first choice to play Indiana Jones
++++++++++++++++
Jerry Doyle was considered as a replacement for Bruce Willis on the series Moonlighting.  Even though it fell through, you can certainly see the resemblance between Doyle and Willis. (Not really a movie fact, but since Willis went on to movies....)
++++++++++++++++
Ray Harryhausen had to dismantle the film model of the creature from 20 Million Miles to Earth in order to make the Cyclops model for The 7th Voyage of Sinbad.
++++++++++++++++
Bugs from the "lost" crevasse sequence in the 1933 King Kong were later repurposed for the 1957 film "The Black Scorpion."  It is thought that this movie contains the only surviving footage of a couple of those critters as the original footage from King Kong is long gone.
++++++++++++++++
The RPK (really Valmet) in Red Dawn is the same one as in Commando.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Balls of steel.

I watched a documentary on stuntmen that detailed the highlighted fall.  Friggin' amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the modern US cinema's greatest stuntmen and stunt innovators, Dar Robinson only appeared in a relatively small number of films compared to other stuntmen (before losing his life in an off-set motorcycle accident); however, he set new benchmarks in stunt performances.

Robinson first appeared onscreen doubling for Steve McQueen jumping into the sea off a clifftop in Papillon (1973), and the following year leapt into the sea again on a motorbike doubling for crooked cop David Soul in Magnum Force (1973). Robinson also doubled for Henry Silva in the dramatic conclusion to Sharky's Machine (1981) where Silva's hitman character is blasted by cop Burt Reynolds through a plate glass window and falls to his death from an Atlanta, Georgia, skyscraper. In reality, Robinson took the dive out the window and landed an on an airbag many floors below to break his fall!

Dar was a high-fall specialist and one of his most amazing stunts was doubling for Christopher Plummer at the conclusion of Highpoint (1982) where the villain falls from the 1,170-foot-high CN Tower in Toronto, Canada. Once again, Dar took the plunge with a concealed parachute, which he opened at the absolute last moment, and he earned $150,000 for his work. Robinson also appeared in several minor acting roles onscreen; however, in 1987, Burt Reynolds backed his faith in Dar by casting him as the sadistic albino villain "Moke" in the crime thriller Stick (1985). Not only did Dar act in front of the camera but he also designed and performed the incredible stunt where "Moke" falls to his death from a very high balcony, seemingly straight onto the pavement below. In actual fact, Dar was rigged to a complex wire rig that "deccelerated" his fall, and made the use of an airbag unnecessary

Balls of steel.

I watched a documentary on stuntmen that detailed the highlighted fall.  Friggin' amazing.

It was Dar's idea in Stick to empty the gun on the way down.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Peter "Two Quarts" North did not in fact ejaculate two quarts of semen in a single load.
View Quote

When that man was a top tier performer it was sort of a "thing" to speculate on how he did what he did.  I never did read that he revealed what supplement he was taking but there was plenty of speculation in the men's magazines.

Not that I would read those.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Even though he played an aging gunman dying of cancer in The Shootist, John Wayne was cancer free during the shooting of the film.  He was very sick however during filming, delaying it somewhat.  He died three years later of stomach cancer.
View Quote

He always believed that he got his cancer from filming in the area of atomic bomb tests for the movie The Conqueror.  Several cast members of that movie died of cancer.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top