Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It might have been less damaging.
I don’t know about you but I won’t make the mistake of telling trump that I love gun control and want more of it.
View Quote
Less damaging as far as gun control?  Perhaps, perhaps not.  Would the economy be what it is today and taxes as low as they are?  Probably not.  Also the Dems would have SC pick and who knows what would have happened with amnesty had it gone the other way.  There is more than one single issue in play here.  And still I have not heard a workable solution only a lot of people taking their ball and going home.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
If the never_trumpers want to piss away their vote, who cares, let them... I won't, I will vote to keep the liberals out of power..
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If the never_trumpers want to piss away their vote, who cares, let them... I won't, I will vote to keep the liberals out of power..
View Quote
Virtually all of the “nevertrumpers” already voted for the assbag.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you all do write in's for 2020? 2024? Sucks that voters rejected cruz, but they will reject all 2A candidates unless that candidate has the complete package, not just a makes never_trumpers happy 2A package...They have to bring it on all fronts, they have to prove to voters that they are the right choice..short of that.. you guys are in for a very disappointing future...I can tell you another 2, 4, 8 or 12 years of bitching on a forum, is not going to change how voters view a 2A only candidate....You want different results, you guys need to come together nationwide and promote a proper candidate..or continue to fail...
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you all do write in's for 2020? 2024? Sucks that voters rejected cruz, but they will reject all 2A candidates unless that candidate has the complete package, not just a makes never_trumpers happy 2A package...They have to bring it on all fronts, they have to prove to voters that they are the right choice..short of that.. you guys are in for a very disappointing future...I can tell you another 2, 4, 8 or 12 years of bitching on a forum, is not going to change how voters view a 2A only candidate....You want different results, you guys need to come together nationwide and promote a proper candidate..or continue to fail...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honest question:

Aside from Trump having shown in the past, that he supports an AWB and 2A restrictions, vs Cruz showing a proven pro-2A record, what was it that made you vote for Trump over Cruz?

Was it all the bombastic promises that he never followed through on? Like "Lock Her Up", "We're gonna build a wall and make Mexico pay for it", "We're gonna get rid of Obamacare and give you something 10x better"... etc.?

Because I didn't really see anything that Cruz did that was unsatisfactory vs Trump promising the world, with a lot of hyperbole.

That's what carguym14 and other folks are talking about. People could have voted for a proven track record, and realistic promises, but in the primaries, more people voted for the, "I'm gonna give you everything you fantasized about" candidate.

And now, even after passing anti-2A stuff with the bumpstock EO and red flag laws (and the bumpstock EO potentially opening a can of worms that could be used to absolutely shred the 2nd), plus telling candidates that the NRA and gun owners are paper tigers, and not to worry about them, folks are still going, "Oh well... sucks that we got stabbed in the back, but let's give him more chances to stab us in the back".

Aside from BS promises while campaigning, what has he ever done to show that he's pro-2A? Was it supporting the AWB when he was still a Dem? Was it supporting more restrictions in NY that wouldn't apply to him and his uber rich pals? Was it the EO to ban bumpstocks? The red flag laws, and stating that he supported, "Take the guns first, due process later", or supporting states passing their own state-level 2A restrictions? Or when he says, he doesn't really like silencers?

What is it that someone like Cruz has done wrong, aside from NOT make ridiculous promises that aren't followed through? Do you think he would have done a poorer job appointing justices? A significantly shittier job with the economy?

Was it PlaneJane that stated, "Voting against a candidate you DON'T like, vs voting for someone whose position you support, is a great way to wind up with nothing you want, and everything you don't".

We keep seeing further erosion of the 2A, because the candidates are shown time and again, that there's no consequences for supporting/passing anti-2A.

Between 2 Republican candidates, as long as people are still going, "Hey, this guy has a record of anti-2A stuff, but I'm gonna support him anyway", the candidates who aren't really pro-2A are going to continue allowing (or pushing) anti-2A stuff... except around campaign season, when they'll happily blow more smoke up your ass, and tell you, "they're the MOST pro-2A candidate EVER".
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Honest question:

Aside from Trump having shown in the past, that he supports an AWB and 2A restrictions, vs Cruz showing a proven pro-2A record, what was it that made you vote for Trump over Cruz?

Was it all the bombastic promises that he never followed through on? Like "Lock Her Up", "We're gonna build a wall and make Mexico pay for it", "We're gonna get rid of Obamacare and give you something 10x better"... etc.?

Because I didn't really see anything that Cruz did that was unsatisfactory vs Trump promising the world, with a lot of hyperbole.

That's what carguym14 and other folks are talking about. People could have voted for a proven track record, and realistic promises, but in the primaries, more people voted for the, "I'm gonna give you everything you fantasized about" candidate.

And now, even after passing anti-2A stuff with the bumpstock EO and red flag laws (and the bumpstock EO potentially opening a can of worms that could be used to absolutely shred the 2nd), plus telling candidates that the NRA and gun owners are paper tigers, and not to worry about them, folks are still going, "Oh well... sucks that we got stabbed in the back, but let's give him more chances to stab us in the back".

Aside from BS promises while campaigning, what has he ever done to show that he's pro-2A? Was it supporting the AWB when he was still a Dem? Was it supporting more restrictions in NY that wouldn't apply to him and his uber rich pals? Was it the EO to ban bumpstocks? The red flag laws, and stating that he supported, "Take the guns first, due process later", or supporting states passing their own state-level 2A restrictions? Or when he says, he doesn't really like silencers?

What is it that someone like Cruz has done wrong, aside from NOT make ridiculous promises that aren't followed through? Do you think he would have done a poorer job appointing justices? A significantly shittier job with the economy?

Was it PlaneJane that stated, "Voting against a candidate you DON'T like, vs voting for someone whose position you support, is a great way to wind up with nothing you want, and everything you don't".

We keep seeing further erosion of the 2A, because the candidates are shown time and again, that there's no consequences for supporting/passing anti-2A.

Between 2 Republican candidates, as long as people are still going, "Hey, this guy has a record of anti-2A stuff, but I'm gonna support him anyway", the candidates who aren't really pro-2A are going to continue allowing (or pushing) anti-2A stuff... except around campaign season, when they'll happily blow more smoke up your ass, and tell you, "they're the MOST pro-2A candidate EVER".
View Quote
Very simple really, when the Bible thumpers reject the Bible thumper...well it makes it very tough to have a chance...Second, when the average woman thinks your guy is a creeper...yeah, nobody is going to party with him..it is the absolute kiss of death, and finally when you, as a candidate, who has planned this campaign for years, show up without a viable campaign message until the dominant guy spouts his, you are not going to win..Not to mention Cruz lacked the confidence right from the start.....I would have gladly supported cruz, and did, right up till the dominant candidate that proved right from the get go that he both had the plan and the desire to win took over the campaign ..Had Cruz won and right till now, even had he beat Trump.....I would have supported him,  the problem is he couldn't win and he proved he couldn't win...I sure wouldn't have spent the rest of my life throwing a bitch fit because I didn't get my way...
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Less damaging as far as gun control?  Perhaps, perhaps not.  Would the economy be what it is today and taxes as low as they are?  Probably not.  Also the Dems would have SC pick and who knows what would have happened with amnesty had it gone the other way.  There is more than one single issue in play here.  And still I have not heard a workable solution only a lot of people taking their ball and going home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It might have been less damaging.
I don’t know about you but I won’t make the mistake of telling trump that I love gun control and want more of it.
I have a long life left  probably another 2 or 3 recessions/depressions bring them on.
As for judges they haven’t done shit and won’t do shit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
You mean vote for more gun control
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have a long life left  probably another 2 or 3 recessions/depressions bring them on.
View Quote
Debt usually improves during times of economic expansions.  US debt has continued to mount at unprecedented rates since 2001.  The economy is supposed to be in recovery, yet we're still running huge governmental deficits.  That's a problem.  Because there will be another crisis.  And we will be going into it already in a horrible fiscal position.  Since the recession that started in 2008, the world has been going into debt big time.

I'm not sure we'll be able to weather another depression.  Oh, and you are correct calling them "recession/depression".  Before the wordsmiths got involved there were no "economic recessions", we only had economic depressions because that's what they are.  In an economic depressions only the strong survive, no one is bailed out, and debtors are wiped out, and sometimes the lenders as well.  But since the Keynesian revolution changed our culture, and debt is cool, we have this.

When it blows it's going to be Yuuuuge.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very simple really, when the Bible thumpers reject the Bible thumper...well it makes it very tough to have a chance...Second, when the average woman thinks your guy is a creeper...yeah, nobody is going to party with him..it is the absolute kiss of death, and finally when you, as a candidate, who has planned this campaign for years, show up without a viable campaign message until the dominant guy spouts his, you are not going to win..Not to mention Cruz lacked the confidence right from the start.....I would have gladly supported cruz, and did, right up till the dominant candidate that proved right from the get go that he both had the plan and the desire to win took over the campaign ..Had Cruz won and right till now, even had he beat Trump.....I would have supported him,  the problem is he couldn't win and he proved he couldn't win...I sure wouldn't have spent the rest of my life throwing a bitch fit because I didn't get my way...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honest question:

you have a fundamental misunderstanding here
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think I've heard twice in the last few days the President making pro 2A comments. Anyone else notice?
View Quote
I noticed when he talked about how much he "doesn't like" silencers and would consider banning them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.

I did, and will again...

Beaten wife syndrome is as real as Jared Kushners dedication to the DNC.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"Take the guns first, due process second".
View Quote
Come get it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Boy the way you refuse to admit you were wrong I keep checking to see if this is my wife's troll account. Bwah ha ha ha.
View Quote
Wrong about what? voting for trump over cruz? that wasn't wrong..a vote for cruz was just guaranteeing Hillary total control..not my fault cruz sucked as far as being a candidate or running a campaign..had every single member of this forum voted for cruz he still would have been creamed and we would have lost..Maybe you should be bitching at cruz for his total failure as a candidate...Or maybe pick a better candidate to begin with...
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pretty much.

He's been ass fucking your second amendment rights the past two years.   Now he has to apply some Preparation H so you'll forget about it and vote for him again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... That is all?
Pretty much.

He's been ass fucking your second amendment rights the past two years.   Now he has to apply some Preparation H so you'll forget about it and vote for him again.
It's no wonder Trump has been fucking gun owners in the ass. Someone laid out the welcome mat...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Like how he was going to cut spending.Oh wait.

Or how he was going to lock hillary up.Oh wait........

I'm sure SCOTUS will save us though................
View Quote
Exactly, this is why I’m voting for Bernie!
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Again, what's your solution?  Your choices are 1) Vote for Trump 2) Vote Dem 3) Sit Home or vote 3rd party which is basically the same thing.

I get it, he is shit on gun control.  But what do you propose we do that doesn't put us in worse shape?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's no wonder Trump has been fucking gun owners in the ass. Someone laid out the welcome mat...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/242045/Trump_stamp_jpg-1041119.JPG
View Quote
Please tell me that's photoshoped.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Again, what's your solution?  Your choices are 1) Vote for Trump 2) Vote Dem 3) Sit Home or vote 3rd party which is basically the same thing.

I get it, he is shit on gun control.  But what do you propose we do that doesn't put us in worse shape?
View Quote
At some point you just have to let it burn.

Governments are like homes, sometimes it's a teardown.

That's what Thomas Jefferson basically said.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bumpstocks should have always been NFA.  Stupid item that I would never own anyway.
View Quote
WTF? Why should something that does not meet the legal definition of a MG be placed under the MG section of NFA?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already told you.
Don’t vote for gun grabbers.
Stop encouraging behavior you don’t want more of.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I already told you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already told you.
So just hand total control over to the liberals...and you think life is rough bitching about your 2A rights..can't wait to see the raving when they shit all over all your rights...
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What makes you think the rebuilt government wouldn't be much, much worse?

Quoted:

I already told you.
So option #3 then.  Gotcha.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I love PDJT.
View Quote
He doesn't like that  suppressor in your avatar.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Trump doesn't really understand guns or the gun community.
View Quote
87th degree 3-D chess master, billionaire real estate baller has trouble understanding "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."?

Link Posted: 8/4/2019 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For most of my 62 years, I've voted against a candidate, not FOR one. Just saying??.
View Quote
That's a damned shame, but encapsulates the state of the GOP perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So the parties are representing what the majority want?  That's shocking in a representative government.  If only the minority had a recourse in a representative government.
View Quote
The problem is that the GOP electorate talks a good game about being conservative and whatnot but then enthusiastically pull the lever for a progressive Republican.

If registered Republicans would stop rewarding bad behavior by voting for the lesser evil, shit would start to change for the better.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bumpstocks should have always been NFA.  Stupid item that I would never own anyway.
View Quote
Just when I thought this thread had reached the peak of ridiculousness, you decide to double down...  
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lack of follow through????

He said he was banning Bumpstocks and then banned them.Give credit where it's due................
View Quote
The BATFE banned bumpstocks. Trump didn't. That particular decision is still going through the court system. All Trump said was he didn't like them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Please tell me that's photoshoped.
View Quote
Somebody lost a bet

Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Its not what the orange messiah says its what he doesn’t do...
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The BATFE banned bumpstocks. Trump didn't. That particular decision is still going through the court system. All Trump said was he didn't like them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lack of follow through????

He said he was banning Bumpstocks and then banned them.Give credit where it's due................
You were saying?

ETA: And no it's not still going through the courts. All the bumpstock cases have been dismissed on grounds of the Chevron deference, including at least one Trump appointed judge, and SCOTUS refused to hear any appeals.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#35]
It really doesn’t matter what action Trump takes on the issue as soon as the next Lib or Rep. takes office we will be lucky to have anything left. My only hope was for Trump to delay the process.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The problem is that the GOP electorate talks a good game about being conservative and whatnot but then enthusiastically pull the lever for a progressive Republican.

If registered Republicans would stop rewarding bad behavior by voting for the lesser evil, shit would start to change for the better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the parties are representing what the majority want?  That's shocking in a representative government.  If only the minority had a recourse in a representative government.

Simple concept that,but lost on the vast majority.................
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It really doesn’t matter what action Trump takes on the issue as soon as the next Lib or Rep. takes office we will be lucky to have anything left. My only hope was for Trump to delay the process.
View Quote
We'll see what Trump says today,but he sure hasn't delayed shit in his time in office.

We can probably all agree that the HPA and Reciprocity will never see the light of day........
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top