BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are wrong. The PA is just as bright as an Aimpoint.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just read the reviews and one reviewer mentioned worthless in bright sunlight. I removed my burris and flipped up the buis due to this very issue. Even if overcast and shooting on snow the dot would disappear. Any red dots made that would work in the conditions in my ao, or do I need something with an illuminated etched reticle?

I've been seeing these for under $200. Bushnell 1-4 throw down

I've never looked through an aimpoint so I wouldn't know. Have you used either one on snow?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've never looked through an aimpoint so I wouldn't know. Have you used either one on snow?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just read the reviews and one reviewer mentioned worthless in bright sunlight. I removed my burris and flipped up the buis due to this very issue. Even if overcast and shooting on snow the dot would disappear. Any red dots made that would work in the conditions in my ao, or do I need something with an illuminated etched reticle?

I have an Aimpoint Pro and an original PA Microdot. I have never had an issue with the dot on either of them getting washed out in the sunlight.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Will a LaRue mount fit this PA and which model to fit it?
View Quote

Yes, any Aimpoint style micro mount will work. The model of Larue will depend on what height you want.

IIRC there is low(AK/shotgun), HK, absolute and lower 1/3. Those are in order of lowest to highest.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I'm alone on this but I don't see the point in an ACSS reticule on a red dot with zero magnification.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe I'm alone on this but I don't see the point in an ACSS reticule on a red dot with zero magnification.

View Quote

You're not alone.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Private label Bushnell?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've used an aimpoint and the older PA red dots on snow. No issue from either in the snow. I would buy the PA with confidence.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My PA is ridiculously bright. I NEVER use the highest settings.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perhaps made for use with their line of magnifiers they've had for a while?

If not, a circle dot (chevron) reticle to replace the EOTechs everyone dumped.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top