Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Oh, and for those of you have one...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20-%20General%20Firearm-Related/NAAMini-22accessories.jpg

(They had these on display/for sale at the NRA AM Exhibits last year.)

Now I REALLY want one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I knew an airline pilot who carried two of these in .22LR at all times. He used to do drills with them and did quite well. This was pre-9/11.

I live in MD and they're not on the approved list...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The pistols are very small, and easy to conceal.  My lovely wife has small hands, yet this pistol fits in her hand easily.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=27469

I'm a bit confused by this photo.  The ring finger is longer than the index finger, I presume that is O_P's hand?

What is wrong with that?

I have never noticed before but just checked. Both my ring fingers are slightly longer than my index fingers. Huh.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Had one in .22 LR and loved it. I even checkered the back strap in 30LPI. It's a deep, deep BUG but a gun nonetheless. Ended up giving it to a LE buddy of mine along with the kydex sheath for hanging around your neck.

Thread got me thinking...Time to get another one.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Even this would have made me feel better when I was walking around South Africa.  

The only time I really needed a gun when I was there this would have been perfect to just shove into a neck.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I understand the need for a small gun. With the crop of pocket sized .380s available, I just don't see that this one would be any easier to carry.

That pretty much covers it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm glad you did a write up on these O_P, I have never shot one and have always been curious about these revolvers.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad you did a write up on these O_P, I have never shot one and have always been curious about these revolvers.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a friend who is a real gun nut who insists on carrying one with the folding holster/grip, of a summer time. It gives me something to bust his chops about

If you were a real friend, you'd adapt an old M4 collapsible into a shoulder stock for him.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#15]
If Texas passes this open carry law, I'd consider wearing one of the belt buckle pistols for the fun of it.

http://www.gsg5rifle.com/DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=8787

http://www.thegunsource.com/DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=19768

http://www.fivesevenammo.com/shop/media/NAAPushButton.jpg
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#16]
As always O_P, good post. I've always thought it would be fun to have one of those ones they have as a belt buckle, but it wouldn't fly where I live.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#18]
painless, I'd really like to see some more rounds tested, like the FMJ .22 LR stinger, and FMJ WMR, those few extra grains that you get could increase penetration.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#20]

I don't regret buying mine.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
painless, I'd really like to see some more rounds tested, like the FMJ .22 LR stinger, and FMJ WMR, those few extra grains that you get could increase penetration.

I know what you mean.

But if I tested a dozen different rounds, there would still be dozens we would want to test.

And,  the pistols are going to on their way back to the factory.

all I'm asking for is just a few more FMJ rounds as you used mostly HP's which turned out to be pretty useless.

What If I said please?

or Ni?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I've always thought they were neat little guns,I just have no real use for one...yet anyhow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Good post. Mine is amongst my all time favorites.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a .22 lr version with the short barrel. I could pound on a pop can at 7 yds no problem. It took a little extra effort to aim carefully. I miss that little thing!

I might have to look into the scholfield looking versions!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Did they let you keep them??
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Oh, and for those of you have one...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20-%20General%20Firearm-Related/NAAMini-22accessories.jpg

(They had these on display/for sale at the NRA AM Exhibits last year.)

I had to have one of the 22 mag NAAs a few years back.  I actually ordered one of those lasers for the top strap last year.  I think it took me (literally) 3 weeks of carrying the thing around in a front pocket on my cargo shorts to break the laser.  They warrantied the laser and sent me a new one in the pack......that I never opened.

I have also tried the big black pocket clip grip thing, which makes the little pocket pistol huge.  Bottom line, all the shit they sell to hang on these little pistols are a waste of money.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks Old_Painless –– Great info and a thorough review as always!  

So how was shooting/getting a grip on these w/ your "big manly" hands?

Been eye-balling these for quite some time and guess a little NAA .22 might be on the "want/need" list now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm glad you did the write up! I think that I may need to pick one of these up for a jogging gun.

Thanks O_P, another great write-up as usual.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#31]
That top-break one has me intrigued.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I have one and it the grip is scratching/rubbing the frame

but it's still cool

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I've shot several, and own the 1 1/8" .22 Mag. I was always amazed at the accuracy I got out these little pipsqueaks, especially considering the lack of a rear sight. Thanks for the writeup, O_P.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Everytime I see one of these in a gunshop display case or at a show I kinda want ....then talk myself out of it & spend my $$$ on something else more practicle.  I might actually get one now, probably the .22short version if only because it's just so cute
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That top-break one has me intrigued.

Be aware that that model is presently only being made as a "Limited Run", and they do not presently have plans for offering it as a standard model.  

It may be hard to find one.

Damn.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know what you mean.

But if I tested a dozen different rounds, there would still be dozens we would want to test.

And,  the pistols are going to on their way back to the factory.

all I'm asking for is just a few more FMJ rounds as you used mostly HP's which turned out to be pretty useless.

What If I said please?

or Ni?

I appreciate the kind request.  However, almost no one appreciates the amount of trouble it is to load up the Waterbox, the saw horses, the guns and ammo, go by Wal Mart and pick up 20 gallons of water, haul it all to the range, do the shoot, and then have to haul it all back and store it until next time.

The first round I shot was a standard "High Velocity Round Nose" .22 Long Rifle.  I bet other brands would be very similar in performance.

My range is a couple hundred yards away and it's a pain to load everything up for that...

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks Old_Painless ––...

In the photo, you can see that I "two handed" them for accurate shooting.  But there isn't much of a grip to hold on to.

But like many things about these pistols, you give up a few things

Reason for the question was I saw your "two hand" and was wondering about fingers near/around the cylinder... Yep, ain't no .460, .454, whatever but wondered if you "felt" any blowout/blowdown from being that close to the cylinder front?

I've "handled" a few of the NAA's and totally understand your belly-gun comment.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I can't visualize how you get the firing pin into the grooves.  How is the timing interrupted for such a task?  If you are cocked, the hammer would lineup with a round.  If you decide to decock, the hammer would go down on the round.  How do you get it halfway again?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I can't visualize how you get the firing pin into the grooves.  How is the timing interrupted for such a task?  If you are cocked, the hammer would lineup with a round.  If you decide to decock, the hammer would go down on the round.  How do you get it halfway again?

Pull the hammer back slightly and rotate the cylinder to the half way notch and lower the hammer into it.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I can't visualize how you get the firing pin into the grooves. How is the timing interrupted for such a task? If you are cocked, the hammer would lineup with a round. If you decide to decock, the hammer would go down on the round. How do you get it halfway again?

This is a single action revolver.

By pulling the hammer back partway you can spin the cylinder freely.

You line the notch up for the hammer to fall into and manually lower the hammer into place.

You are not pulling the hammer all the way back because at that point the single action setup is going to line the hammer up to hit the rim of the rimfire round.

You basically are manually lining up the cylinder while holding the hammer at half cock and then lower the hammer into place.

At least that is my understanding of these specific single actions.

I don't own one but for the right price I always figured one might follow me home.

The fullsize ccw goes about everywhere.  The snubby revolver goes dang near everywhere and it goes everywhere the fullsize can go.

These firearms are kind of a last ditch item and I kind of compare them to a knife.

If the person is within distance for me to consider pulling a pocket knife then he is in distance for one of these single actions.

I figure I would buy the 22mag version just because of the slight size increase.

And it would be able to go anywhere I can legally carry.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Great writeup as usual.  Thanks again
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Old Painless, It would be great to see if you could get a hold of the NAA Companion and Super Companion revolvers, these are the black powder firing models of the mini-revolvers. The Companion supposedly is equal in power to the 22lr and the Super Companion the 22WMR. I would like to see how these black powder versions stand up to the cartridge firing variants. Of course being able to buy them paper-free is a plus
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad you did the write up! I think that I may need to pick one of these up for a jogging gun.

Thanks O_P, another great write-up as usual.

Thanks.

It seems these are more popular than I knew.

Send NAA a link to this thread. When they read it and realize that you're already Salesman of the Year, maybe they'll let you keep the test guns.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm really curious how well the .22 LR Aguila SSS 60 grain solid would do in terms of penetration.

Same thing I was wondering.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:10:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top