Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I'm guessing that mind has been missing for quite some time, along with many others.  They're just allowed to flaunt it now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
"The Queen is dead, long live the King!"  Is that a legit saying?

LOL I'm watching our glorious Chomo-in-Chief transcribing a prepared entry into the condolence book at the Brit embassy!  How fucking pathetic!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
She deaded.. 96 is a good long life.

And when you are filthy fucking rich ... Who could complain.

Otherwise, I walked my dog today - News@11

No half mast for foreigners deaded.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I recognize no queen, king, blue bloods, or royalty of any kind.

And as a Southern American, I bow before God only. No one else.

With that said, I wish Elizabeth Godspeed, and may she rest in peace.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

While she was alive he said he had great respect for her and what she did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sure even Johnny Lydon could find a few good words to say.

While she was alive he said he had great respect for her and what she did.

Well, yeah, what with him being pretty conservative now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Saddler you're a funny guy...

A film production company in Florida got word my wife was working for the local college, and emailed to ask if she would be interested in narrating a documentary they were doing. Apparently they'd never heard a west midlander speak, and just assumed everyone from England had a posh accent.

They did a good job of letting her down gently, but I think it kind of hurt her feelings.
View Quote
I have my Southern accent just right now, barely anyone notices.  My native accent is Scouse, and that is never used on tv unless they need a criminal or an occasional comedian.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#8]
The weakness of so many here to give reverence to a paid queen is symbolic of our country’s steady demise.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
To wit: deep inside, most humans are hard-wired to WANT to be "ruled."
View Quote
You're not wrong. It goes back to biblical times when the Israelites begged for a king.

In this case, no one is groveling to royalty, people are just sharing condolences with a very good ally and a lady who must of us would find enjoyable to talk to. I don't think any of us would find ourselves to be overwhelmed with a desire to prostrate ourselves before her "nobility" but I'm sure we could have a lovely conversation about the weather or geopolitics, gardening or shitty family members.

You know, like normal people.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Prince Harry showed up late. He arrived 1 hr after she died

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#11]
RIP, Regina Elizabeth.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have my Southern accent just right now, barely anyone notices.  My native accent is Scouse, and that is never used on tv unless they need a criminal or an occasional comedian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A film production company in Florida got word my wife was working for the local college, and emailed to ask if she would be interested in narrating a documentary they were doing. Apparently they'd never heard a west midlander speak, and just assumed everyone from England had a posh accent.

They did a good job of letting her down gently, but I think it kind of hurt her feelings.

Do you happen to work in Warner Robins ? Only Scouse I ever met in US, I met there a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#13]
What can I say , she had a good long life. Better than 99.9999% of the population
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No half mast for foreigners deaded.
View Quote

No playing the Star-Spangled Banner the next time thousands of Americans die in a terrorist attack, either.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You know who supports monarchy?

Tory cucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know who really hates royalty/monarchy, and rabidly proclaim how terrible and awful it is, and how it shouldn't exist in a "modern" world, and how their property and possessions should be taken away?

Communists.  And not your garden-variety Democrats or liberals that ARFCOM likes to call "communists."  I mean literally[/u] hard-core Marxist-Leninists.  They hate royalty, and desperately have wanted to destroy it since Marx wrote his Manifesto.

You know who supports monarchy?

Tory cucks.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Growing up I was all “Fuck Britain” and had fun with it.  Then 9/11 occurred.  I saw the pain that the British people shared with us and then watched a few days later how the Queen asked the U.S. National Anthem be played at the changing of the guard, something I believe which never happened before.  That changed me from being a hard headed 18 year old into someone who appreciated the rest of the world a little more.  I gained friends from the United Kingdom over time and I feel for them.  

Thank you for being a friend to this country when we were at our most vulnerable, “God save the Queen” and I hope you and Prince Phillip are having a walk with the dogs as we speak.  Rest In Peace your Majesty.

And as always.  Fuck Joe Biden.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And as a Southern American, I bow before God only. No one else.

View Quote

Tell that to General Zodd and see what happens.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This.

I also do not understand the left's love of English crown. Couldn't they be blamed for oppression and slavery?
View Quote
Britain ended slavery before we did.

And "the left"???  Seriously weak troll there.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The weakness of so many here to give reverence to a paid queen is symbolic of our country’s steady demise.
View Quote

It is possible to understand the position she was in and still respect her for who she was.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The weakness of so many here to give reverence to a paid queen is symbolic of our country's steady demise.
View Quote

Some of you try too hard.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Can you imagine the herd of Corgis waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

respect and reverence arent the same.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Well that stinks for the UK.

Hopefully no one is Fredo.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Chucky the turd will never fill her shoes.  She was the last of the great war generation who knew what public service really was.

The best thing chucky ever did was win the upper class twit of the year award.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

She's missing her true vocation - she speaks the language of Shakespeare....almost literally; not too far off accent wise from his part of the West Midlands
The accent from that area certainly takes some getting used to! Really bosting it is....
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Can you imagine the herd of Corgis waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge?
View Quote

it would be epic!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sorry the woman is dead, but as an American, I don't recognize any "royalty."

It amazes me how many Americans line up to grovel before "royalty."

It's also concerning, too, and tends to support a very unfortunate theory of mine.  To wit: deep inside, most humans are hard-wired to WANT to be "ruled."
View Quote
What you wish to believe is of course up to you. What you are seeing IMHO is respect being paid. No more, no less.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Incredible how much the world has changed in her lifetime.   The end of an era.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
I want that truck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#37]
James Bond and The Queen London 2012 Performance
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#38]
She was a class act.

Star Spangled Banner played at Buckingham Palace- Sept 13, 2001
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#39]
May she rest in peace.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

....or they need to speak to a dog three zip codes away

Got a lot of good Scouse mates, they must like me too as I still have wheels on the car & a fitted radio
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Do you happen to work in Warner Robins ? Only Scouse I ever met in US, I met there a couple of weeks ago.
View Quote
I do not.  I meet others once in a while, and enjoy it.   My accent is gone, though, so I'm stealthy.   Might have to go back for a visit and freshen it back up.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

There won't be too many Scousers living in the US as they need to pass a criminal record check
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Rest in peace.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There won't be too many Scousers living in the US as they need to pass a criminal record check
View Quote

Now that was funny.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#45]
My condolences to the Royal Family, and our members in the UK and throughout the world.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#46]
RIP
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Incredible how much the world has changed in her lifetime.   The end of an era.
View Quote

In her first official address to the kingdom, she mentioned the changing times with the invention of television.

Also mentioned the need to preserve tradition and religion through the changing times.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I do not.  I meet others once in a while, and enjoy it.   My accent is gone, though, so I'm stealthy.   Might have to go back for a visit and freshen it back up.
View Quote

I had a weird conversation with a scouse recruiter in the US once. He had been here some time and was almost speaking American at the beginning of the conversation but you could tell he was from there if you knew the accent (I'm an expat too). By the end of the conversation about 30 minutes later his accent had reverted about 90%... it was very strange. I hate to think what they thought when he went back to the office.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#49]
The Queen is dead! Long live the Queen!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#50]
She seemed like a great person, I think she knew our Savior so she’s in everlasting Glory and will young and redeemed for all eternity
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top