Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Paying min payments currently until its all due ill pay it off
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why fuck up your credit to buy a six dollar gun?
Bro.
Do you even HK , Bro?

you are making the minimum monthly payments on your credit card, they just raised your credit limit, so you are thinking of buying another gun?
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#2]
glock 20 is pretty much the ultimate sidearm so I would say do it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

you are making the minimum monthly payments on your credit card, they just raised your credit limit, so you are thinking of buying another gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bro.
Do you even HK , Bro?

I have come to the conclusion that Americans/people are subconsciously geared to filling up empty space.  That's why people cram in on the highway.  That urge is satisfied twice using credit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:27:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have come to the conclusion that Americans/people are subconsciously geared to filling up empty space.  That's why people cram in on the highway.  That urge is satisfied twice using credit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bro.
Do you even HK , Bro?

He did say his interest rate is zero % ,and did say he will pay it off when due, and if that is the case that he has the money to pay it all off, why does he need to raise his credit available to buy a $600 Glock,  so maybe a new card with an introductory rate still I fail to see the deal,

if you pay cash, the interest rate is also zero %.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Everyone needs a Glock 20.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
On today's episode of how the poors live :
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He did say his interest rate is zero % ,and did say he will pay it off when due, and if that is the case that he has the money to pay it all off, why does he need to raise his credit available to buy a $600 Glock,  so maybe a new card with an introductory rate still I fail to see the deal,

if you pay cash, the interest rate is also zero %.
View Quote
I get paid to keep cash in the bank. I get paid to use credit cards.

If you're keeping cash available to pay the 0% card off, I don't see it as a big deal.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

While you can find one.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#9]
If you ain't fent yet tell me where it's at and I'll relive you of this burden I only have .40 short and week and gods caliber .45
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Your mom may raise the rent next week so I would hold off.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's actually a genius idea with biden about to become president
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#12]
The G20 is a badass gun. The best thing about it is being able to shoot both a pretty mean defensive round and inexpensive.40.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Don’t worry about finding 10mm, i shoot 40cal from my g20 most of the time
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
10mm is the only thing on shelves besides 32 and 17 around me.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#15]
If I couldn’t afford to pay cash no.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I finger fucked one for the first time today. It's a beefy bitch. I damn near pulled the trigger on it but then I thought about the prospect of finding ammo and declined
View Quote
Except 10mm is last to go before .25 at Bass Pro, and Glock 10mm pistols can shoot .40 without modification.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bro.
Do you even HK , Bro?
View Quote
As if credit scores or making payments will matter in our near future.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ you have a low credit limit! I've got 4 cards with over a 20k limit a piece and one that has no limit and I don't carry interest pay in full every month!
View Quote

Pffftttt! Weak sauce. $80K limit. LOFL.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Are you asking if you should put a handgun on a credit card?    The answer is no.   Seriously, if you don't have that much cash on hand, then you have problems that a hand gun isn't going to solve, at least not legally.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#20]
10mm was still on shelves when 90% of the other ammo was sold out.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

Carries like a G19, but has G20 ballistics. Ammo can be tailored for self defense against people or wildlife. Can use G20 mags as an option, and as I said before it will shoot .40 ammo just fine.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#22]
OP how much credit debt do you currently have?
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bro.
Do you even HK , Bro?
View Quote

Just ordered an HK Tactical Compact last night - woohoo!
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I was in your boat Thursday night OP, but I walked out with a Gen 5 G34 MOS instead. Who knows, I may pick up a 40 MOS to go with it

Quoted:
If your credit limit is lower than the price of a Glock you should not be buying a Glock. That's the smart answer.  
View Quote

I can't get a credit card limit over $300 even though I make over six figures I'm not massively in debt or anything either nor have a bunch of missed payments on my truck or mule so hell if I know
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#25]
At no least get some extra mags now if you see yourself with one down the road.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.saddlerockarmory.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/20200129_163841-scaled.jpg

I was looking at a Canik TP9SFX Blackout for $475-ish. Does anyone here have an unbiased opinion on them?
View Quote

Unbiased?  I don't own a gun shop, have no stock in Canik, and don't make a dime if you buy one.
I own one, a buddy owns one, we are both happy with the fit/finish/quality of what we have.  I'm a long-time shooter almost 40 years now, of Beretta, Sig, Colt, Glock (not 40 years worth, but for work and a certified armorer), S&W, Ruger, and several others.

I love my Canik and would buy another in a heartbeat at the $300 I paid for it.  475?  I might look for a used Glock or new Stoeger STR9, but you won't be dissapointed in the trigger or the function.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't get it. or why you need approval from us.
View Quote

This

But  I will say if you're buying it on credit you probably don't need it cause you can't afford it. Do as you will just remember I told you so when you lose your job and you have to pay that shit off.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.saddlerockarmory.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/20200129_163841-scaled.jpg

I was looking at a Canik TP9SFX Blackout for $475-ish. Does anyone here have an unbiased opinion on them?
View Quote

NOt sure if you're serious  
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
On today's episode of how the poors live :
View Quote

Yup.  I am all for buying guns but not on credit.  

The enablers here will say go for it though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to raise your credit to get a $600 gun?

Get your priorities straight.

This

That. Your money would be better spent on getting up to a year of food water and supplies than stock piling guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#32]
I have a G3 20SF and a G4 40 MOS.  I say fo.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#33]
When the SHTF it won't matter.so much what gun you have as long as you're reasonably armed.  Being in a shit load of debt might be a bigger issue.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, buy it.  Never use your own money when you can use someone elses.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Going into debt for a pistol you’ll never shoot always sounds like a good idea.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#36]
No.

Get a Glock 40
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#37]
You're going to pay about $600 for that G20. Then you're going to discover it has Tupperware for sights, and that's going to cost you another $100 to remedy. Then you're going to remember you have to have something to tote that big bitch around in, so better budget another $150 or so for a decent Kenai chest rig. Then you have to feed it, where you'll discover plain old vanilla Sig Sauer 10mm ball runs about $34 a box...if you can find it.

Where was I...oh, yea, the trigger is actually passable, but the other cool guys will look at your scornfully if your's isn't straight, and in a designer color...

Anyway, if you're so thin you need to raise your credit limit to buy a cheapish pistol, just remember it's not the purchase that bankrupts most lottery winners, it's the operating cost(s).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top