Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
*NEVER* invite The Man into your life.
View Quote
Except for cases like this. The first one to call the police is often seen as the victim, and starting a paper trail early helps if things continue to escalate.

OP, how many calls total so far?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]
This is getting really good.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Except for cases like this. The first one to call the police is often seen as the victim, and starting a paper trail early helps if things continue to escalate.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, especially in cases like this. This thread had so much potential but it's destined for a quick death now that LE is involved.

I understand where you're coming from though. Screen name...
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
OP is establishing his backstory for when he has to bust done caps in angry boyfriend/husband.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, have you contacted the realty owner yet?  Now is the time to bring the hammer down.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Put out a few of the signs pointing the way to the dumpster.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Update

Just got a call from some guy regarding the missing signs.  He demands that I return the signs back of he will smash my face in his voicemail.

Well this has escalated well.

Going to file this with HPD now since this is Terroristic Threat with the Texas Penal Code.

Going over to the police station right now.
View Quote
Interesting fact:

Years ago when I lived in Houston my dad got a voicemail from a customer threatening to cave his head in.  He called HPD and said he wanted an officer to take a report.  When the cop came he asked where my dad was when he listened to the message the first time.  If he was in most of Houston, it was HPD's problem.  If he was driving down the freeway in the HOV lane, it was Metro Police's problem.  If he was in the parking lot at the post office, it was the USPS Postal Police's problem.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting fact:

Years ago when I lived in Houston my dad got a voicemail from a customer threatening to cave his head in.  He called HPD and said he wanted an officer to take a report.  When the cop came he asked where my dad was when he listened to the message the first time.  If he was in most of Houston, it was HPD's problem.  If he was driving down the freeway in the HOV lane, it was Metro Police's problem.  If he was in the parking lot at the post office, it was the USPS Postal Police's problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update

Just got a call from some guy regarding the missing signs.  He demands that I return the signs back of he will smash my face in his voicemail.

Going to file this with HPD now since this is Terroristic Threat with the Texas Penal Code.

Interesting fact:

Lol cops don't wanna listen to anymore drama than they have to.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Interesting fact:

View Quote
Dead body found by highway.  It was fun to watch the CHP and SFPD finger point as to who had to take the report (and get it on their statistics).  SFPD won and CHP wrote the report.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Interesting fact:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update

Interesting fact:

Shockingly HPD is as useful as a dried up dog turd lol
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol cops don't wanna listen to anymore drama work any more than they have to.
View Quote
FIFY  
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OP is establishing his backstory for when he has to bust done caps in angry boyfriend/husband.
View Quote
Courtney will be available/on the market again?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
@Nathaniel_Hawkins id just call the real estate office a file a complaint. if its a larger one with recorded evidence of threats she could easily be looking for another firm.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Put out a few of the signs pointing the way to the dumpster.
View Quote
Post the signs leading to the police station
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Do they have a very particular set of skills, skills they have acquired over a very long career?
View Quote
Stealing trucks?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I can't believe I went through 24 pages.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So no calls since the police report was filed?
View Quote
Nope
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He's the food truck and Uhaul guy? Awesome, take no prisoners OP
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nope
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope
9 mil or .45?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He's the food truck and Uhaul guy? Awesome, take no prisoners OP
View Quote
OP is a real life Arfcom hero.

Walks the talk.   No hot pockets or soo veed for him!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#23]
It depends on if she is guilty or not?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is getting really good.
View Quote
How so? Pics of MILF realtor been posted?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
9 mil or .45?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope
9 mil or .45?
I'm going with doesn't matter for OP.  I'm betting he shoots the balls off gnats for grins. Off hand at 200 yards!

eta:  don't even need a Chinese red dot
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I should post the threat where this married guy in West University hired 2 hookers and invited them to his home while his wife was away.  The 2 hookers proceeded to rob said john at his home and took his Toyota Highlander.  HPD chased these 2 hookers and they ran into my new $20,000 sign during the police chase.  Police arrested both hookers, but the guy never filed any charges, only thing filed against them was the evading arrest / detention charge.  Here is the photo of the damage to the sign.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13400/Hooker_chase_jpg-1027167.JPG
View Quote
You need bigger bollards.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Definitely need the GoFundMe page.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#28]
This thread is almost as good as the asian girl gif thread.

Almost....
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#29]
In

kinda late, but in
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I can't believe I went through 24 pages.
View Quote
Went through the first 12 and then skipped to 22, pretty sure I didn't miss anything.

While I don't blame OP for not wanting to deal with the drama of talking to her while she was putting the signs up, I would have had a conversation with her boss and any relevant licensing authorities in addition to the police when the threat of physical violence came in.

And I would have kept the signs for target backers.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This thread is almost as good as the asian girl gif thread.

Almost....
View Quote
We have some pretty good threads running concurrently right now.  The Savage gunsmith has taken a turn for the worse.  He used a screw to crown his muzzle.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I should post the threat where this married guy in West University hired 2 hookers and invited them to his home while his wife was away.  The 2 hookers proceeded to rob said john at his home and took his Toyota Highlander.  HPD chased these 2 hookers and they ran into my new $20,000 sign during the police chase.  Police arrested both hookers, but the guy never filed any charges, only thing filed against them was the evading arrest / detention charge.  Here is the photo of the damage to the sign.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13400/Hooker_chase_jpg-1027167.JPG
View Quote
Did Johnny WestU's insurance pay up?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Did Johnny WestU's insurance pay up?
View Quote
NO, I had to pay out of pocket because of a high deductible on my insurance.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We have some pretty good threads running concurrently right now.  The Savage gunsmith has taken a turn for the worse.  He used a screw to crown his muzzle.
View Quote
Hope it was a brass roundhead dipped in polishing compound.
Which, BTW, beats the crap out of a crown cutter unless it's chucked in a properly centered lathe.

Ok, I went and looked.
The screw head method is usually used to make a crown in a freshly cut barrel, not to clean up an existing crown, but either way, you don't need to take it that far, a lot of lapping is not better than a little.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn.  I wouldn’t fuck them with your dick
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe they have really spectacular cooters?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody paid to fuck those two?
Arby’s thread now.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Damn.  I wouldn’t fuck them with your dick
View Quote
Makes one wonder what his wife looks like if he'd pay to do them instead.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
But no need to admit anything.

"Apparently he's involved with a woman who says she trespassed on my posted property to illegally place 22 signs and now she thinks I stole her signs because I own the property she place them on"

Oh, BTW, I'd like to swear a complaint for trespass while I'm here.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hope it was a brass roundhead dipped in polishing compound.
Which, BTW, beats the crap out of a crown cutter unless it's chucked in a properly centered lathe.

Ok, I went and looked.
The screw head method is usually used to make a crown in a freshly cut barrel, not to clean up an existing crown, but either way, you don't need to take it that far, a lot of lapping is not better than a little.
View Quote
Some one else mentioned it, but use a pin that centers the crowning tool.  Drop them in, turn and done.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

NO, I had to pay out of pocket because of a high deductible on my insurance.
View Quote
Well that sucks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"Apparently he's involved with a woman who says she trespassed on my posted property to illegally place 22 signs and now she thinks I stole her signs because I own the property she place them on"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trespass may be a tough sell if the property wasn't posted, but criminal mischief should be a slam dunk if she confessed to placing the signs without permission.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Trespass may be a tough sell if the property wasn't posted, but criminal mischief should be a slam dunk if she confessed to placing the signs without permission.
View Quote
If op watched the signs being placed on his property there may be room for his intent or motive to be seen as escalating the issue.

Or am I wrong?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If op watched the signs being placed on his property there may be room for his intent or motive to be seen as escalating the issue.

Or am I wrong?
View Quote
OP doesn't does not seek escalation or even conflict.
That is why he purposely avoided approaching the crazy woman and her two dozen signs, and has refused all subsequent contact from her.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Criminal mischief means something was damaged.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
OMG....

I am used to all the good ol' Texas rednecks around me saying cooter in this reference.  We been saying that since the 70's-80's.  Probably way before my time too.

But when I saw the Danish college professor say cooter, I could not catch my breath I laughed so hard.  Sorry @DK-Prof I struggle to see your Porsche 911 driving sophisticated self saying cooter in reference to female anatomy.

This is literally the funniest thing I have read on Arfcom in a few days.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

OP doesn't does not seek escalation or even conflict.
That is why he purposely avoided approaching the crazy woman and her two dozen signs, and has refused all subsequent contact from her.
View Quote
But telling someone that is placing signs on an empty lot, that could easily be mistaken for one of the developers unsold lots(even if mowed), that he owns it don’t do that, instead taking the signs after she leaves is not wanting a conflict?

By saying ‘crazy woman’ means op has knowledge of this person before hand?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If tp-ing and graffiti are criminal mischief, so is what she did.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OMG....

I am used to all the good ol' Texas rednecks around me saying cooter in this reference.  We been saying that since the 70's-80's.  Probably way before my time too.

But when I saw the Danish college professor say cooter, I could not catch my breath I laughed so hard.  Sorry @DK-Prof I struggle to see your Porsche 911 driving sophisticated self saying cooter in reference to female anatomy.

This is literally the funniest thing I have read on Arfcom in a few days.
View Quote
He lived in Missouri too long.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If tp-ing and graffiti are criminal mischief, so is what she did.
View Quote
It’s about intent and damages incurred.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you have any idea how often the "I called first" game backfires? I arrest reporting parties all the time. Hell, I arrested one last week, and one caught a summons last night
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top