BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But telling someone that is placing signs on an empty lot, that could easily be mistaken for one of the developers unsold lots(even if mowed), that he owns it don’t do that, instead taking the signs after she leaves is not wanting a conflict?

By saying ‘crazy woman’ means op has knowledge of this person before hand?
View Quote
22 signs on a lot approximately 200' square seems crazy enough to me.
And besides that, OP has plenty of experience with trespassers and a friendly 'go away' has never worked well for him.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Mail me a sign with her face on it and I'll take it with me to Tel Aviv. You can send her a pic and tell her that's where her sign is. Then I'll mail it to the next Arfcommer who can do the same
View Quote
Please go back and save one OP this could be awesome
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You should have turned them all in the wrong direction.
View Quote
This.  I would have put them in a never ending circle around the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mail me a sign with her face on it and I'll take it with me to Tel Aviv. You can send her a pic and tell her that's where her sign is. Then I'll mail it to the next Arfcommer who can do the same
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Trespass may be a tough sell if the property wasn't posted, but criminal mischief should be a slam dunk if she confessed to placing the signs without permission.
View Quote
I think he mentioned that it was posted earlier in the thread.

Doesn't take much in Texas.  A purple stripe painted on a post every so often serves as notice.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#7]
And realtor Courtney Milfcox's concern is now about being an accessory to a terroristic threat via telephone.  Class B misdemeanor in Texas.

I don't know how HPD works (I suspect not very well) but if you took this to the local PD in my area with a recording of the conversation and presumably caller ID info, they would follow up on it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Summary for the last 24 pages?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do you have any idea how often the "I called first" game backfires? I arrest reporting parties all the time. Hell, I arrested one last week, and one caught a summons last night
View Quote
Glad to hear it! The idea of people using the police to further their petty squabbles is ridiculous.

OP's situation is a bit different though, considering the threat he received. I am curious if the realtor had already contacted police, and if they declined to get involved.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm planning on selling some land pretty soon due to explosive expansion in my area.  Also the property taxes are getting insane around here as the appraisal from HCAD on this property went up 300%.  Going to sell this and get some more rental homes.
View Quote
I know of a real go-getter realtor you can use.  
Edit:   NM beat by other smatasses
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just give them back. Don’t be a dick.  she’s got bills to pay even if she’s not the brightest.  Not every real estate agent makes a lot of money.
View Quote
She has a lease payment on her Mercedes CUV coming up soon.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm getting bored.  Call her OP.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Summary for the last 24 pages?
View Quote
You bet!
Op owns a house with loads of feral cats. He goes out and sees someone put up Bernie 2020 posters on his land next to the lake. He goes to confront them and they appear to be a bunch of Asian women scantily clad making repetitive movements. He wonders if his wife is cheating on him since her panties smell like cum and she hasn't eaten in 27 days.
Suddenly in flies this oddly shaped sweet potato along with 3 pit bulls.
He see's a snek (not what it appears to be) and get's his .22 Nazi Mauser and proceeds to assault his significant other with a laptop.

The rest should be pretty clear.

ETA @CLICKBANGBANG
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You bet!
Op owns a house with loads of feral cats. He goes out and sees someone put up Bernie 2020 posters on his land next to the lake. He goes to confront them and they appear to be a bunch of Asian women scantily clad making repetitive movements. He wonders if his wife is cheating on him since her panties smell like cum and she hasn't eaten in 27 days.
Suddenly in flies this oddly shaped sweet potato along with 3 pit bulls.
He see's a snek (not what it appears to be) and get's his .22 Nazi Mauser and proceeds to assault his significant other with a laptop.

The rest should be pretty clear.

ETA @CLICKBANGBANG
View Quote
Fake news.  You didn't mention sandals and socks!
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If tp-ing and graffiti are criminal mischief, so is what she did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for cases like this. The first one to call the police is often seen as the victim, and starting a paper trail early helps if things continue to escalate.
But no need to admit anything.

"Apparently he's involved with a woman who says she trespassed on my posted property to illegally place 22 signs and now she thinks I stole her signs because I own the property she place them on"

Oh, BTW, I'd like to swear a complaint for trespass while I'm here.
Trespass may be a tough sell if the property wasn't posted, but criminal mischief should be a slam dunk if she confessed to placing the signs without permission.
Criminal mischief means something was damaged.
Graffiti can be criminal mischief.  Tee peeing not so much.  Operative word is "damage."
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It’s about intent and damages incurred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s about intent and damages incurred.
OP described no damage. There is no evidence of a criminal mischief here. I don't know where that posters getting his info.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OP described no damage. There is no evidence of a criminal mischief here. I don't know where that posters getting his info.
View Quote
Agreed. And only intent is really on OP for witnessing and allowing this to transpire, knowing he was going to dispose of signs. How long does it take to plant 21 signs?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Agreed. And only intent is really on OP for witnessing and allowing this to transpire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. And only intent is really on OP for witnessing and allowing this to transpire.
I don't think Texas has an "attempt" criminal trespass charge.
I haven't read the penal code in quite some time, maybe I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#21]
OP, you should have just mowed them down. That is what I do.  They they are mainly, the I will buy your house type of signs.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OP, you should have just mowed them down. That is what I do.  They they are mainly, the I will buy your house type of signs.
View Quote
The wire part of the signs will damage your blades and the paper part will be shredded all over his lot if he did that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Agreed. And only intent is really on OP for witnessing and allowing this to transpire. How long does it take to plant 21 signs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. And only intent is really on OP for witnessing and allowing this to transpire. How long does it take to plant 21 signs?
So OP trespassed on someone's property, put up a bazillion signs,
Then, looked up the property owner (which let the OP know, oops, property was owned and littered on), badgered that property owner over the phone.
Then he called 10 million times and threatened him with The Man.
Then he got an actual man (but not the law) to call him and threaten him?
Oh no that's what happened to HIM.

And your takeway was,
"OP nEeDeD tO sToP wHaT hE wAs WoRkInG oN aNd Be NiCe To ThE eNtItLeD aSsHoLe"?

He doesn't have to do shit. It's his property.
You're not required to stop going about your day to deal with someone else who is doing something they aren't supposed to be, in a place they're not supposed to be.

I mean sure, OP has talked about how being nice to people who were being shitty to/on/about his properties doesn't always work, that people get shitty and sorta do what they want - but know what OP needs to do?
Take the advice of the never-done-its in this thread, and assume this is exactly like talking to a neighbor, a nice person and a known quantity.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#24]
IN.  This thread definitely has potential...
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Doesn't take much in Texas.  A purple stripe painted on a post every so often serves as notice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck trying to get a county attorney to prosecute without either a signed ct warning or being witnessed by an officer or deputy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Do you have any idea how often the "I called first" game backfires? I arrest reporting parties all the time. Hell, I arrested one last week, and one caught a summons last night
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for cases like this. The first one to call the police is often seen as the victim, and starting a paper trail early helps if things continue to escalate.

OP, how many calls total so far?
See? Even cops say never invite the man into your life.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I live at the entrance to my subdivision.  The signs get pulled up and thrown to the curb.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Then, looked up the property owner (which let the OP know, oops, property was owned and littered on), badgered that property owner over the phone.

And your takeway was,

You're not required to stop going about your day to deal with someone else who is doing something they aren't supposed to be, in a place they're not supposed to be.

I mean sure, OP has talked about how being nice to people who were being shitty to/on/about his properties doesn't always work, that people get shitty and sorta do what they want - but know what OP needs to do?
Take the advice of the never-done-its in this thread, and assume this is exactly like talking to a neighbor, a nice person and a known quantity.
View Quote
No, op didn’t need to be a nice guy. “Hey, that’s my property!” Or “hey cunt, get those signs off my property!”. He stopped what he was doing long enough to watch, and to take signs up, and haul to dumpster. I’m saying the dumb woman might have thought the property was still with the developer. Op wanted to do maximum damage. He was possibly the only one with any negative intent. As far as the calls she may or may not have had the ability to stop that guy after confiding, regardless that guy acted on his own behalf unless she paid him.

Nice guy... lol.that’s retarded. I’d have been out there instantly. My point was op was drama driven, and it possibly has liability of some sort attached.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Update OP?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#30]
C'mon, 30 pages!!!  
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Update OP?
View Quote
Breaking News:  OP still thinks 19 + 3 = 21

Details at 11.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Update OP?
View Quote
Don't bother the man. In the time it's taken us to read this thread, he's already shot some burglars/ been victimized by hit & run hookers/ dealt with more usurpers of empty lots.

The realtor with the personality disorder is already old news.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We have now derailed into a cops vs firefighters thread.

This will go 25 pages.

Great success op.
View Quote
You were sort of correct.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don't bother the man. In the time it's taken us to read this thread, he's already shot some burglars/ been victimized by hit & run hookers/ dealt with more usurpers of empty lots.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update OP?

And he finally got kicked off the bachelorette for being a drama queen ??
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
IN.  This thread definitely has potential...
View Quote
Has potential? LOL You need to go read all the 24 pages. It escalated several times.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I still want to know what the total call count is so far.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Breaking News:  OP still thinks 19 + 3 = 21

Details at 11.
View Quote
New age meth?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
We know Courtney is but now we know her boss is
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, op didn’t need to be a nice guy. “Hey, that’s my property!” Or “hey cunt, get those signs off my property!”. He stopped what he was doing long enough to watch, and to take signs up, and haul to dumpster. I’m saying the dumb woman might have thought the property was still with the developer. Op wanted to do maximum damage. He was possibly the only one with any negative intent. As far as the calls she may or may not have had the ability to stop that guy after confiding, regardless that guy acted on his own behalf unless she paid him.

Nice guy... lol.that’s retarded. I’d have been out there instantly. My point was op was drama driven, and it possibly has liability of some sort attached.
View Quote
So engaging in a conversation with "Hey cunt!" is not being dramatic, but rolling your eyes, finishing unloading your tractor, and pulling up the signs as you mow makes OP a drama queen?

Ooooook then...
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My neighbor would come out shooting with these sign stands that he got somewhere. They had targets on them already and I never really thought about where they came from.
Turns out this was the same kind of real estate BS, and after they were basically destroyed, he would take the targets off and put them back
View Quote
I've done the same thing!  One was in a median forever, so I took it and loved it as a target stand, so found another one eventually.

Like someone else said- leave it on pubic property for weeks on end, you've forfeited it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Political ads make good target backers too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So engaging in a conversation with "Hey cunt!" is not being dramatic, but rolling your eyes, finishing unloading your tractor, and pulling up the signs as you mow makes OP a drama queen?

Ooooook then...
View Quote
Rolling eyes?

And making a detailed post about the whole thing, sock sandal feet and all?
No, not in the slightest.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#43]
If OP wants to get me one of those signs, I can have family bring it to the Netherlands next week and photo it in front of a windmill. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#45]
This could be like the traveling possum thread from years ago. Take her signs everywhere and take pics.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#46]
People are still white knighting. Love it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And your takeway was,

Your point is retarded
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This could be like the traveling possum thread from years ago. Take her signs everywhere and take pics.
View Quote
Oh yeah...

Who killed Opie?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Good luck trying to get a county attorney to prosecute without either a signed ct warning or being witnessed by an officer or deputy.
View Quote
If only she'd made good on her original promise to have him charged with theft, we'd have a signed confession from her on trespassing and illegal signage.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top