Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a hint OP - Don't get a truck with a sliding rear window, or if you do, don't use it.
Problem solved.

What is up with some you guys?
Did your daddy not teach you to be men and make decisions for yourselves and think through an issue?

Next it will be, "Help me choose a pair of pants" or "What's the best wallet" or "I don't like skunky beer" or...
Oh yeah, we've done those.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet you could program it to automatically close with key turn off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tons of new ones have solid rear windows
Problem is once you hit a certain trim level it becomes a feature not an option.
I wanted a solid window but I didn't have a choice. I have come to appreciate it, but I've also left it open a few times too.
I bet you could program it to automatically close with key turn off.
I probably could but I don't care to.
I wish auto makers provided me with the level of programmability I give them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Absolutely; it's a fantastic heat vent. When I get into my Tundra in warm weather, I open all 5 windows (including the full rear window), turn on the air conditioner, and drive. In a few hundred feet, I roll up the windows. It's one of the best features of the truck in addition to the cargo it can carry and tow. The worst features are parking the thing in most downtown parking structures and the gas it eats.
View Quote
That post count though.

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#4]
how would you pass beer from the cooler in the bed to the driver?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#5]
If it is a 4 door truck and the window is manual, then no, that's pretty useless. Mine is power on my Ram and it helps smooth out the airflow and make it a little quieter with the other windows down. But, honestly, I rarely get to use it due to the crazy weather here. I also often forget to close it and I'm sure some small guy could fit through it to break in to the truck.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
how would you pass beer from the cooler in the bed to the driver?
View Quote
Or aim the belt fed out the back?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes. Nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
1. Open front window
2. Open rear window some
3. Air doesn't make buffeting noises
4. ???
5. Profit
View Quote
+1
The buffeting in my f-150 is fucking brutal until I open the slider a bit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rear window, triangle side windows, and floor high beam switches all should come back.
View Quote
Drive old stuff. Then it is like none of those things ever left!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#11]
It makes the threat to the kids of "don't make me come back there !" much more believable.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish Toyota themselves would follow their lead. The Tacoma has a "traditional" sliding rear window instead of the full roll-down window like the Tundra.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So you can yell at your kids that are riding in the bed to sit back down and to pass you a beer from the cooler.

Atleast that's what my dad used it for.
View Quote
the good ole days..
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So I've driven cars and SUVs my entire life, considering a truck for my new purchase. Does anyone actually use the sliding rear window for anything, what is the point of it?

I know when I was younger we use to use it for air flow because we smoked, or to throw beer cans in the truck bed, or to yell at whoever we had in the truck bed, maybe so the dog could stick it's head inside the cab, but I see no point in the sliding rear window... So, enlighten me.
View Quote

Your second paragraph has every reason I was going to give.  So why wouldn't you want one unless your window went down.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
1. Open front window
2. Open rear window some
3. Air doesn't make buffeting noises
4. ???
5. Profit
View Quote
This. And my dog loves it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Great option for those who jack deer etc or in case you have to fire upon vehicles who are chasing you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#17]
All the reasons listed are good, but the main reason for the rear slider is so you can sit on the tailgate with a cold beverage while shooting your pistol and still listen to Limbaugh.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That post count though.

View Quote
He has waiting all these years for just this thread
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Climb through window to get into bed when camping. Very useful.  
View Quote
Our GSD would ride in back with her head stuck through the window so she didn't feel separated from us.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Does it go all the way down or stop halfway like their stupid fucking rear windows?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's a good design, same as my 4Runner, only available on the crew cab though, not the extended cab (bummer). One of the things that makes the 4R line a great SUV, I've hauled some long pipes and lumber home because I can roll the rear window down.
View Quote
Once again, you answer your own fucking question.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does it go all the way down or stop halfway like their stupid fucking rear windows?
View Quote
All the way down.  Not sure about the Tacoma or others but all the windows on my 4th gen 4Runner and crewmax tundra go all the way down.  At least I think they do.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Useless.  On my ranger I had a sliding rear window. It broke and was promptly replaced by a one piece.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Helps clear farts out. Duh.
View Quote
This guy gets it...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top