Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/4/2006 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
leatherpuke
Last Login Date :: 6/20/2006 11:29:14 AM MDT
Last Post Date :: 6/20/2006 11:39:46 AM MDT

Wonder why we have not recieved any updates from leatherpuke other than the ones directed towards me in such a unprofessional manner.

Because I realized I had started a shit storm and wanted to let it cool off for a while. Now it's turned into a fight about parade rest.

Anyway, the CO ended up taking his rank and gave him restriction and extra duty. He didn't take the half months pay because the Soldier has a 10 month old baby. But he has to stay straight for 6 months or he loses that too.

I think this woke him up a little bit. Nobody had ever disciplined this Soldier befor, so he thought he could keep pushing the envelope and nothing would happen.

Oh, and he had another incident since the disrespect thing, so that's why he got maxed out. He decided to lie to 2 NCO's and say he had to go home and take care of his daughter. When we called the child care center, they said she was fine and they had never called him to come pick her up. We found the Soldier at his house...........sleeping.

Thanks all for the input...........even you Shrike9.

Good luck on the parade rest debate..................I'll stay out of that one.
Link Posted: 7/5/2006 4:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
leatherpuke
Last Login Date :: 6/20/2006 11:29:14 AM MDT
Last Post Date :: 6/20/2006 11:39:46 AM MDT

Wonder why we have not recieved any updates from leatherpuke other than the ones directed towards me in such a unprofessional manner.

Because I realized I had started a shit storm and wanted to let it cool off for a while. Now it's turned into a fight about parade rest.

Anyway, the CO ended up taking his rank and gave him restriction and extra duty. He didn't take the half months pay because the Soldier has a 10 month old baby. But he has to stay straight for 6 months or he loses that too.

I think this woke him up a little bit. Nobody had ever disciplined this Soldier befor, so he thought he could keep pushing the envelope and nothing would happen.

Oh, and he had another incident since the disrespect thing, so that's why he got maxed out. He decided to lie to 2 NCO's and say he had to go home and take care of his daughter. When we called the child care center, they said she was fine and they had never called him to come pick her up. We found the Soldier at his house...........sleeping.

Thanks all for the input...........even you Shrike9.

Good luck on the parade rest debate..................I'll stay out of that one.

Ok, now I am convinced he is a shit bag. I guess I have a soft spot for my kid, but I cant think of anything less honorable than using her as an excuse to sham. I know it happens a lot, but still it doesnt make it any less wrong. Sounds like this guy had it coming...
Link Posted: 7/11/2006 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
N/M, not worth my time.
Link Posted: 7/12/2006 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There is no position of, "At Ease," officially.  At that position you are allowed to move and relax, but never to speak, so long as your right foot doesn't move.  If you look in the manual it will probably tell you that upon hearing a prepatory command, you are to come to the position of parade rest prior to the execution command.

i dont understand that statement.  for my EIA board i specifically remember the four positions were:

1. parade rest
2. Stand at ease
3. at ease
4. rest

i also remember you can talk and even smoke a cigarette while in the "rest" position as long as you dont move your right foot, not "at ease".  when talking to an NCO we are always required to be "at ease", at least officially. for the most part that only applies to formal situations or NCO's from other platoons, unless you are in trouble for something.
Link Posted: 7/16/2006 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#5]
It was the day I was leaving Camp Johnson, I passed the SSGT in charge of recieving, said goodbye to him, only to have him smile and say... My first one of the day! He then asked me to look at his lapel... wouldnt you know it he got promoted, GySgt... up to my office... I smiled said *shit*.. went up.. up there I did a boatload of pushups for him, the whole time I was smiling and so was he, I even gave the Corps its share... it was the only time outside PT that I can remember doing pushups as a punishment.. it was all in fun though..that and a reminder that it was a pain in the ass to see the damn black plastic rank insigna on a cammie lapel, and to look real hard before opening your mouth.
Link Posted: 7/18/2006 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Is 84k10 your MOS?

If so what is it?

I can say for sure that I know what it is not.

Infantry.  

In mny last unit, we had a Pt pit in back of the company CP's. We used it. Not only for Pt, however.

If you were promoted you got smoked.

If you returned from
Ranger/ Airborne/ Air Assault/ Pathfinder or any other equally HOOAH school, you got smoked.

If you you address an NCO as dude, man, yo or motherfucker, you got, wait for it,

Smoked.

When I became a Corporal and one of my troops called me by name, they dropped, did 10 and recovered. No biggie. Soon, my first name was Cpl XXXXX every time they opened thier mouths.
When PV1 ragbag was fucking up. I dropped him. I then counseled him on the error of his ways and trained him (and all of my firebreathers) to the frickin' standard. This shit may not work in the xxxxx Trans co. or the xxxx Laundry Detatchment, but it did for us fuckin' grunts and I really would not have done it any other way.

Getting dropped was a negative reinforcement with a positive health benefit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 4:30:41 AM EDT
[#7]
how were you able to punish a soldier with an article 15, when he was already punished?  the moment he was dropped, thats his punishment.  ncos need to be on top of things these days, times have changed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is 84k10 your MOS?

If so what is it?

84  K10 = 1984 Chevy K10 pickup a 1984 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 pickup truck.
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 I've been an NCO for 5 years now, and today I had to do my first counseling statement recommending article 15.

This kid is a SPC with about 3 years in the Army. He's been down range and earned the combat action badge. I've been his squad leader since January and I've had nothing but problems with him. Never anything major, just little shit like not standing at parade rest when he talks to an NCO, not ironing his BDU's, not cleaning his weapon in the field, and similar stuff.

But this morning, him and another Soldier were goofing around while we were waiting to piss in a cup. He slapped the other Soldier in the back of the head and one of my Team Leaders told him to push. He gets down in the front leaning rest and says, " I'm not going to push because I have to piss." The NCO then tells him again to push and he says, " What are you going to do, give me an article 15? Make sure you spell my name right."

I am not a paper work NCO, I believe in correcting the problem with verbal counseling and occasionally some physical corrective training. But this kid has pushed me too far.

Come to find out, him and his wife are filing for divorce. I didn't know this until after he had dis-respected my NCO.

SO my question is, am I right in recommending article 15? Or should I wait and see if anger management course solve the problem?

My instinct is to burn him. He did this shit in front of 50+ Soldiers. I don't want anyone else thinking they can get away with this.

What do you all think?

This is the type of leadership that makes the Army Chickenshit!
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]
deleted, issue resolved.

Link Posted: 7/21/2006 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#11]
deleted, issue resolved.
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is 84k10 your MOS?

If so what is it?

84  K10 = 1984 Chevy K10 pickup a 1984 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 pickup truck.

Seroiusly? Well, alrighty then.
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 1:50:00 AM EDT
[#13]
deleted, issue resolved.
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 2:00:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
how were you able to punish a soldier with an article 15, when he was already punished?  the moment he was dropped, thats his punishment.  ncos need to be on top of things these days, times have changed.

After the initial infraction, he continued to fuck up. The push ups were punishment for horsing around while waiting for a piss test. He then disrespected an NCO, another infraction, and was written up for it.

Then, two days later, he pulled the shit with his daughter.

This Soldier was given multiple chances to square himself away. We tried to work this out without paperwork, but he did not respond.

The good news is, he has finally realized that there are consequences for his actions. He is now acting like a disciplined Soldier, and seems to be serious about turning himself around. He even admits that the article 15 woke him up, and showed him that he can't act like a kid anymore.

I've done my job as an NCO. I've successfully turned a wayward Soldier around and provided him with guidance and Leadership. Now I'll turn my efforts towards making him a Leader. If that's not your definition of an NCO, I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 4:05:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After the initial infraction, he continued to fuck up. The push ups were punishment for horsing around while waiting for a piss test. He then disrespected an NCO, another infraction, and was written up for it.

This Soldier was given multiple chances to square himself away. We tried to work this out without paperwork, but he did not respond.

The good news is, he has finally realized that there are consequences for his actions. He is now acting like a disciplined Soldier, and seems to be serious about turning himself around. He even admits that the article 15 woke him up, and showed him that he can't act like a kid anymore.

I've done my job as an NCO. I've successfully turned a wayward Soldier around and provided him with guidance and Leadership. Now I'll turn my efforts towards making him a Leader. If that's not your definition of an NCO, I don't know what is.

thats good that hes good now, time will tell though.  wastnt messin with you, you know as well as i do that times have changed.  cheers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 4:26:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I am a correctional supervisier at a military prison. Some of the NCO's on my base bring by problem kids, for a "short tour" of the facility. Seems that helps a lot with some of the kids. When they see there freedom "COULD" be taken away for breaking the UCMJ, they get thier shit together.
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I am a correctional supervisier at a military prison. Some of the NCO's on my base bring by problem kids, for a "short tour" of the facility. Seems that helps a lot with some of the kids. When they see there freedom "COULD" be taken away for breaking the UCMJ, they get thier shit together.

Now there's an idea. We have a prison in mannheim I could take them to. Hmmmmmm.......
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats good that hes good now, time will tell though.  wastnt messin with you, you know as well as i do that times have changed.  cheers.

No worries.
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What's the limp for, having a jump boot stuck up you ass?

you know, thats really disrespectful, regardless of whether or not you're having an argument with someone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#20]
There were always Marines that were IMHO shitbird losers but a lot of those losers knew their shit, just back in garrison they coulden't stay outta trouble.

ETA Believe it or not, sometimes giving a guy responsibility is the answer, if a guy was insubordinate, he was put in charge and given a shitload of tasks to accomplish, when he had to come back to the guys who he burned bridges and found out that it was impossible to achieve the tasks with out TEAMWORK, well you know "Paybacks a Bitch". A lot of shitbirds git squared away.
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Nothing like tooting your own horn now is there, even when you were wrong and were disreptfull to members here.

Sad thing is you did not learn from this and still think it's OK to push as punnishment when it's a blatent violation of the UCMJ.

To bad you are not a NCO or a leader.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/22/2006 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Max him!  I fucking hate problem children, if they're stupid that's one thing. but a shitty attitude seldom fixes itself.  He thinks the fact that his marriage is going to shit is an excuse for him to act like a spoiled little bitch.  You mess with the bull you get the horns....simple as that.  After he pays for his mistakes, I doubt he'll make those same ones again, if he does you could always send him to Bn with the rest of the fuck ups, retards, and broke-dicks

Wall to wall consoling session will work wonders for this shit bag.
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#23]
This one is most definitely finished.  It was a mistake to believe the schoolyard insults were going to stop.
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#24]
update
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top